Topic Stats

• 16,888 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by sohchx
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,858 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16888 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 338.
#4801 4 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I installed the pinball life one on mine not too long ago. It does go to the pops way more often now, but I still need to tweak the adjustment on it. I gets stuck at the post sometimes, and I have to wait for the ball finder to pop it. Before I swapped it, almost 100% of my orbit shots came back down on the left, now I probably get 10% back down, 20% stuck on the post, and the rest to the pops. I think it will be great once I get the height adjusted right.
Feel free to stop by and try it if you want. It is a definite improvement.

Cool I'll get the part & try it out first

#4802 4 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I installed the pinball life one on mine not too long ago. It does go to the pops way more often now, but I still need to tweak the adjustment on it. I gets stuck at the post sometimes, and I have to wait for the ball finder to pop it. Before I swapped it, almost 100% of my orbit shots came back down on the left, now I probably get 10% back down, 20% stuck on the post, and the rest to the pops. I think it will be great once I get the height adjusted right.
Feel free to stop by and try it if you want. It is a definite improvement.

How do you adjust the height? and keep us informed if you find a sweet spot. I find it odd that a metal post would work better than a plastic post since the ball is metal you would think it would bounce back even more with a metal post?

#4803 4 years ago

duplicate post sorry.

#4804 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

How do you adjust the height? and keep us informed if you find a sweet spot. I find it odd that a metal post would work better than a plastic post since the ball is metal you would think it would bounce back even more with a metal post?

I am in the same line of thinking. Plastic should absorb the momentum better.
But then again I do not get a ton of bouncebacks on mine.

#4805 4 years ago

plastic post, metal post, duplicate post...lots of posts about posts.

#4806 4 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

plastic post, metal post, duplicate post...lots of posts about posts.

Touché. Or should I say threeche'

#4807 4 years ago

The Pro translite my favorite of the three. They're all Dirty Donny though, so they all kick ass.
I'm not in love with the Pro cabinet art, though. I may have to cover it up with DD stickers.

http://www.posterpop.com/categories/Artists/Dirty-Donny/Dirty-Donny-Stickers/

#4808 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

There is a set screw at the bottom of the mount. It has to be adjusted no matter what when you install the batal one. The original was flat on the bottom, but this one has a bump on the end.

I had it adjusted right for a while, and it didn't get stuck, but I think it settled a little bit. I have been working on other games, so I just haven't played or worked on this one in a while.

I am not sure, but my guess is the plastic one flexes a bit so some of the ball's momentum is transferred back to it after contact.

#4809 4 years ago

Finally got mine open, all my mods on & got to play a game tonight. Only issue is the ball when I plunge it, doesn't go far or jumps over the rail & drains. I'm thinking it's the shooter rod because when it auto launches it travels fine. Anyone else have this problem? Solution?

#4810 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Finally got mine open, all my mods on & got to play a game tonight. Only issue is the ball when I plunge it, doesn't go far or jumps over the rail & drains. I'm thinking it's the shooter rod because when it auto launches it travels fine. Anyone else have this problem? Solution?

Probably just needs to be adjusted. Plunger needs to hit the ball in the center.

#4811 4 years ago

I installed this one on my Met Pro LED: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3591 It works so much better, the ball drops into the pops about 90% of the time now. This is a must do mod for the game to play correctly. Its also easy to install. I think the plastic on the original just flexs too much when the ball hits it and it throws it back down the left orbit. I can't believe Stern didn't figure this out and fix the problem.

#4812 4 years ago

I have the plastic post, and no problems. Left orbit hits, stops, dribbles into pops. Every time.

#4813 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

It's the cliffy eject protector, the one under the pf support rail. Adjust that to not protrude into the shooter lane.

#4814 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It's the cliffy eject protector, the one under the pf support rail. Adjust that to not protrude into the shooter lane.

Thx, I'll try that 1st. I was thinking that but the auto shooter launches it fine..

#4815 4 years ago

I'm installing the premium rising cross mechanism in my pro. I will be driving it from the same board that I am driving the colour GI. Details over here..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo/page/14#post-2758897

#4816 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have the plastic post, and no problems. Left orbit hits, stops, dribbles into pops. Every time.

Mine has never been a problem either. The only time it ever bounces back the way it came is a really fast shot up the right loop. Almost has to be a screamer of a shot that doesn't touch anything else on the way. Happens maybe once in 5 games.

#4817 4 years ago

I also have the plastic post and never have any problems. Feeds into the pops 99% of the time. Almost a year runnin

Quoted from Aurich:

#4818 4 years ago

Crazy the difference in pins. When mine had the plastic the ball would never stop at the top on a left loop shot and would also rarely go to the pops on a right loops shot (would bounce off the post and back down the right loop). Since putting the metal one on it's much better but still isn't 100%.

#4819 4 years ago

My first run Monsters Premium plastic up-post rejected down the orbit probably 50-60% at minimum. The replacement metal post feeds pops 95%.

My friends Monsters Premium plastic up-post feeds pops 95%. *shrug* I dunno what's different.

#4820 4 years ago

Possibly machine leveling and pitch might help those with bounce backs. Just an idea

#4821 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

My first run Monsters Premium plastic up-post rejected down the orbit probably 50-60% at minimum. The replacement metal post feeds pops 95%.
My friends Monsters Premium plastic up-post feeds pops 95%. *shrug* I dunno what's different.

I bet if you removed the plastic part and ground it down to an angle, most of the balls would stop at the pops. I may try that before spending $10 + shipping.

#4822 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Thx, I'll try that 1st. I was thinking that but the auto shooter launches it fine..

Yep, mine did the exact same thing. Unfortunately with the bent design of the piece that goes under the support rail, it was unusable to me. In both ST and Met, no matter how many times I reset it, the vibrations of a few games would work it back out into the shooter lane. I finally had to give up and remove the outside piece on both pins.

#4823 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I bet if you removed the plastic part and ground it down to an angle, most of the balls would stop at the pops. I may try that before spending $10 + shipping.

That would be a easy fix, interested to know if it works, keep us posted.

#4824 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yep, mine did the exact same thing. Unfortunately with the bent design of the piece that goes under the support rail, it was unusable to me. In both ST and Met, no matter how many times I reset it, the vibrations of a few games would work it back out into the shooter lane. I finally had to give up and remove the outside piece on both pins.

I had my Pro for 8 months & never had an issue...I'll move it & see how it goes..

#4825 4 years ago

Butch..I figured mine out. It was the cliffy on the left.I had to slightly enlarge the hole to allow it to move over towards the ball trough a teeny bit. If you watch as the ball launches, it was sticking out just enough so that the ball rattles a little as it is launched. Since I moved it , works perfectly.

#4826 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Butch..I figured mine out. It was the cliffy on the left.I had to slightly enlarge the hole to allow it to move over towards the ball trough a teeny bit. If you watch as the ball launches, it was sticking out just enough so that the ball rattles a little as it is launched. Since I moved it , works perfectly.

I just took mine apart again and pushed it back so its more flush against the rail. That seems to have worked. Thx!

#4827 4 years ago

Got my premium up and running. Only noticing one thing I don't know if it's a software issue or not. When the ball goes into the right scoop and I hit both flippers to cancel out the animations it seems to have interrupted its thought. It won't come back out until it does a ball search. Also, I had extra ball lit and got it in the scoop twice. It kicked it but didn't give me the extra ball. Once was during multiball. Any suggestions?

#4828 4 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i am looking for some nice instruction cards

Yeah me too!

#4829 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Got my premium up and running. Only noticing one thing I don't know if it's a software issue or not. When the ball goes into the right scoop and I hit both flippers to cancel out the animations it seems to have interrupted its thought. It won't come back out until it does a ball search. Also, I had extra ball lit and got it in the scoop twice. It kicked it but didn't give me the extra ball. Once was during multiball. Any suggestions?

That is common on the snake and the mystery scoop for met. The switch isnt giving the game a clean signal that the ball is in the scoop. So ball finder kicks it out.

Sounds like you need to adjust the arm of the switch on the mystery scoop. Just bend it slightly up toward the center of where the ball would be when its in the scoop. Small adjustments.

Hopefully that will get the switch to give a constant signal that the ball is there and the game will recognize it and kick it out.

I had the same thing on my snake scoop.

Good luck

#4830 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just the backglass? No. Buy a whole LE off someone or skip it, nobody is going to sell it separately. The Monsters one is hard to come by, but doable. Pro is easy.

I don't like the Master of P translight or art as well - so I picked up an early Premium and made my own version with EL tape in the side armor.

File_000.jpeg
File_000.jpeg

#4831 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

That is common on the snake and the mystery scoop for met. The switch isnt giving the game a clean signal that the ball is in the scoop. So ball finder kicks it out.
Sounds like you need to adjust the arm of the switch on the mystery scoop. Just bend it slightly up toward the center of where the ball would be when its in the scoop. Small adjustments.
Hopefully that will get the switch to give a constant signal that the ball is there and the game will recognize it and kick it out.
I had the same thing on my snake scoop.
Good luck

Yes. My scoop had the same issue with the switch. 5 minute fix, just adjust the switch & your good to go. You'll need to adjust the switch "out", so the ball is making contact with the switch in the scoop when the ball is "resting". Go into the switch matrix in the menu. You can see & hear when the switch is adjusted perfectly.

#4832 4 years ago

I have a cliffy for the right scoop that came with my METLE I'm trying to decide if it is worth installing as the scoop hole shows no wear. Any one have a Met showing wear at the right scoop?

#4833 4 years ago

Dirty Donny signing my METLE backglass at his art show booth in Calgary last weekend...

image.jpeg

#4834 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I don't like the Master of P translight or art as well - so I picked up an early Premium and made my own version with EL tape in the side armor.
File_000.jpeg
File_000.jpeg

That looks awesome!

#4835 4 years ago

After getting some requests from some people I feel inclined to help out I'm working on doing a roadcase-style speaker decal. I guess you could put it on any machine if you wanted to, but it's specifically for people with the Roadcase Premium.

I'm going to try and make it work for both wood panels and the new metal ones (two separate cut files). If you got the new style metal angled panel Roadcase I figure you need it badly, the cartoon color one just doesn't match there at all. I leave my wooden panels blank, but plenty of people like to decal them, so as long as I'm designing it I'll look at making that work.

Edit: I'm waaay behind on PMs already, so don't PM me if you want one, I'll start an official thread when it's ready and set up a list.

#4836 4 years ago

Were can I find the ball deflector cliffy for sparky?

#4837 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

After getting some requests from some people I feel inclined to help out I'm working on doing a roadcase-style speaker decal. I guess you could put it on any machine if you wanted to, but it's specifically for people with the Roadcase Premium.
I'm going to try and make it work for both wood panels and the new metal ones (two separate cut files). If you got the new style metal angled panel Roadcase I figure you need it badly, the cartoon color one just doesn't match there at all. I leave my wooden panels blank, but plenty of people like to decal them, so as long as I'm designing it I'll look at making that work.
Edit: I'm waaay behind on PMs already, so don't PM me if you want one, I'll start an official thread when it's ready and set up a list.

Once that's done how about a mass production run of your hammer upgrade

#4838 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you got the new style metal angled panel Roadcase I figure you need it badly, the cartoon color one just doesn't match there at all.

Has anybody pulled the the cartoon color decal off of the new metal style yet? Just wondering if it it's a presentable surface without a decal at all (like the old style box)...or is that obnoxious decal serving a purpose like hiding some inherent manufacturing defects associated to the new style (like tool marks).

#4839 4 years ago

I'm in the club! Metallica pro (first model). Seems I'm swapping most of my Bally Williams games for Stern games. And metallica is just too good to not own it. Love the artwork on it. And off course will modify it like it's a pro led.

Anyone has a GI list, flasher list and insert list for the met swap from normal to led (just like the led pro)?

#4840 4 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Has anybody pulled the the cartoon color decal off of the new metal style yet? Just wondering if it it's a presentable surface without a decal at all (like the old style box)...or is that obnoxious decal serving a purpose like hiding some inherent manufacturing defects associated to the new style (like tool marks).

Totally presentable surface. I already did a decal for Star Trek (which has been discontinued for now) so I have a template I made and everything already.

I think the wood surface isn't great for decals, but people seem to like them, so I'll make it as long as I'm doing this.

Quoted from Concretehardt:Once that's done how about a mass production run of your hammer upgrade

I hear that. I had a friend working on it, but he's about as busy as me, and we never were able to get it off the ground.

Alien has just been a giant time suck for me working on mods. The speaker panel thing is partially a favor for a couple people who need it, and as long as I'm doing that I'll try and take care of anyone else who wants it.

I know there's still interest in a mass produced hammer.

#4841 4 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Was thinking about this also. Personally i don't even think the speaker decal looks good on the Monsters edition, sure it matches the side cabinet art, but doesn't suit with the translite...

#4842 4 years ago

Thanks Aurich! A speaker panel decal is a cherry on top for us.

#4843 4 years ago

Will a 520-5337-00 cpu board work on a MET Prem?

#4844 4 years ago
Quoted from Off2War:

Was thinking about this also. Personally i don't even think the speaker decal looks good on the Monsters edition, sure it matches the side cabinet art, but doesn't suit with the translite...

I think they went overboard on the DD edition with that ugly decal as well. Perhaps a little more conservative look with some black wood grain might look better?

ebay.com link » 12 X60 Black Wood Grain Textured Vinyl Wrap Sticker Decal Sheet Film Car Bike

#4845 4 years ago

I gotta get back to Alien, but I'll finish working on this when I get some more time. Just want to add some more doodles and detail. Then I'll look at making it work for the old wooden speaker panel too, shouldn't be a big deal.

image.jpeg

#4846 4 years ago

Man...if I had a roadcase I would be on the list for that!

#4847 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Man...if I had a roadcase I would be on the list for that!

I suspect that there's a pretty small list coming, the roadcase just seems rare. But I have a couple friends with one so that motivated me to do it. And as long as I'm at it I'll make them available to other people. The wooden speaker panel strikes me as fine, but the metal panel with the colorful decal just looks odd to me with the roadcase art, gotta fix that.

#4848 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have a cliffy for the right scoop that came with my METLE I'm trying to decide if it is worth installing as the scoop hole shows no wear. Any one have a Met showing wear at the right scoop?

After about 3000 plays mine started to show a little wear so I finally put the cliffy in. Its actually very easy to install, you only have to remove the one post to the left of the scoop.

#4849 4 years ago

Im in for a RC sticker metal panel

#4850 4 years ago
Quoted from gashog301:

Im in for a RC sticker metal panel

When I finish it up I'll post proper high rez pics and start an official list. I'm guessing this will be a one time run deal. And that's fine, PITA to deal with anyways.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
There are 16888 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside