Topic Stats

• 16,892 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,860 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1574345173537 (resized).jpg
20191121_190619 (resized).jpg
20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16892 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 338.
#4701 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Has anyone purchased/installed the Stern custom backbox kit from cointaker? Either the deluxe or regular version. If so, what are your thoughts.

I had the whole kit ordered before mine was even delivered. The deluxe version with the flashers is awesome, color changing remote controller with lots of modes. you can adjust the brightness and the speed of the modes as well, I strongly recommend the best version with flashers.

cointaker video and my own machine

#4702 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I made some progress on an MET mind map yesterday. I should be able to finish it this week. Here's a preview. The final version will have much better resolution, for printing on a poster if you like...
Metallica.png

oh god. this is so frickin great. I think I'm going to print and laminate when this is completed!!! GREAT WORK!

#4703 4 years ago

Triplicata duplicato posto.

#4704 4 years ago

Duplicato posto muchcho.

#4705 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

(grouchy old man alert)
I don't know why people feel to urge to put artwork on every square inch of a machine. I like the plain black speaker panel just fine.

I usually agree with this, but I recently picked up a TSPP and it has a speaker panel decal. My IMve and TWD have a speaker panel decal from the factory. So my Metallica looks different and a little naked next to the other pins. I like things to look uniform (it's the OCD in me). I don't like the idea of removing factory speaker panel decals when they are supposed to be there, so I thought I'd just add one to Metallica so they all look uniform.

#4706 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I had the whole kit ordered before mine was even delivered. The deluxe version with the flashers is awesome, color changing remote controller with lots of modes. you can adjust the brightness and the speed of the modes as well, I strongly recommend the best version with flashers.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Yup that's the one my Refinery Met Pro came with.

#4707 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Yep- I'd rather have classic black than a repeat of the splatter artwork. Now if DD created new artwork for the speaker panel...

DD sells some awesome blacklight posters here: http://www.jsrdirect.com/webstores/dirtydonny

We should ask DD to make some horizontal art that would work for a Metallica speaker panel.

#4708 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

oh god. this is so frickin great. I think I'm going to print and laminate when this is completed!!! GREAT WORK!

Thanks! I'll try to finish it this week. Too much nice weather this weekend.

#4709 4 years ago

» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Awesome! I am sold!

#4710 4 years ago

» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Just bought it, the only mods left for me are the color DMD and speaker upgrade!

#4711 4 years ago

Here is an embarrassing moment for me.
The little screw fell out that holds in the snake fangs.
I found the screw in the bottom of the cabinet and the little spacer still inside the snake head.
Put it all back together (Cursing the whole time because of how hard it is to get to that little screw.), but noticed it was easier then last time I installed it. (More finger room this time).
Then I proceeded to play five or six games like this until my son pointed out my very obvious mistake.
Had to share. (And yes, one of his fangs already needs some dental work.)

IMG_1146.jpg

#4712 4 years ago

Plus one on a speaker decal that actually would match the art work. No offense to those that released the two other styles but they dont match at all. Hey Aurich please help us out!

#4713 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Here is an embarrassing moment for me.
The little screw fell out that holds in the snake fangs....Then I proceeded to play five or six games like this until my son pointed out my very obvious mistake.

I don't see it. what's the problem?

Wolfman.jpg

#4714 4 years ago

Finally made it to End Of The Line tonight!! Most adrenalin rush during a game I've ever had. I've been trying to get there so my plan was to go into the CIU's and get out as soon as I could so those scores weren't very high. Ended up scoring a hair under 689 mil. Love this game!!

image.jpg

#4715 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Finally made it to End Of The Line tonight!!

Wow, is all I can say! I'm in the opposite end of the spectrum tonight.

After getting my game dialed and waxed, my scores dropped in half. After a dozen games I felt like I was getting a beat down like IM tends to do, so I gave up and played IM... though since it too was just waxed, I had the same result. I now think of MET as IM on steroids... MET outlanes are brutal when newly waxed.

Also I finally replaced my Newton block with a Newton ball... I see nothing but upside from that decision, looks and plays better. In fact now I wonder why Borg put the block on the Premium/LE considering that the Newton ball didn't appear to decrease the ball capture rate in the slightest.

#4716 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Also I finally replaced my Newton block with a Newton ball... I see nothing but upside from that decision, looks and plays better. In fact now I wonder why Borg put the block on the Premium/LE considering that the Newton ball didn't appear to decrease the ball capture rate in the slightest.

I am still waiting for my game, and have a Newton ball waiting in my pile 'mods to install. Just wondering what exactly the benefits are. From what I gather, less ball abuse, but are there gameplay benefits?

#4717 4 years ago

Finally in the club!
Can someone please post a link for the rules on Metallica?

Thanks
Zamp

20151015_195413.jpg

WIN_20151017_17_59_11_Pro.jpg

#4719 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I am still waiting for my game, and have a Newton ball waiting in my pile 'mods to install. Just wondering what exactly the benefits are. From what I gather, less ball abuse, but are there gameplay benefits?

It makes it easier to combo a coffin+sparky or coffin+snake in one shot. It also looks better... the newton block starts to look very shabby in short order, not that it ever looked great from the outset.

#4720 4 years ago

I'm looking to buy a Metallica pro led. Not sure if this is the place to post this .(my first post.) looking for nib, best price including shipping. Have one quote already. Anyway feel free to contact me.

#4721 4 years ago

for guys that have Metalllica and ST Prem/LE, how do they compare? Would both be good in a small collection?

#4722 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

for guys that have Metalllica and ST Prem/LE, how do they compare? Would both be good in a small collection?

Two great pins! Big or small collection, they are contrasting styles to each other & are both excellent decks. ST is fast & flows like Butter. Metallica plays fast, with 3 bash toys & multiple targets to "snipe".

#4723 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickperkins:

I'm looking to buy a Metallica pro led. Not sure if this is the place to post this .(my first post.) looking for nib, best price including shipping. Have one quote already. Anyway feel free to contact me.

If you get quoted anything better then $4700-$4800 shipped to your door then jump on it.
But that is a good price.

#4724 4 years ago

Hey all,
Ive just picked this up recently & noticed that when i start a game i get 170 points 1st up even before ball is plunged, is this normal, did a switch test & all looks good

007.JPG

#4725 4 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey all,
Ive just picked this up recently & noticed that when i start a game i get 170 points 1st up even before ball is plunged, is this normal, did a switch test & all looks good
007.JPG

Do you hear the bumper firing? I was getting that a lot and the switch had to be adjusted.

#4726 4 years ago

Yes, i did notice 1 of the pops firing when i 1st got it, i readjust the leaf & it was fine

#4727 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

If you get quoted anything better then $4700-$4800 shipped to your door then jump on it.
But that is a good price.

Yeah that's better then I have got. If anyone out there can do that. I will buy it tomorrow. So hopefully someone contacts by Monday. I'm assuming distributors are on here.

#4728 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickperkins:

Yeah that's better then I have got. If anyone out there can do that. I will buy it tomorrow. So hopefully someone contacts by Monday. I'm assuming distributors are on here.

Location might help. If you have a distributor near you, picking up will save you about $250-$300

#4729 4 years ago

I checked & readjusted all pops leafs & tested ok,
I also noticed this,

When i play more than 1 player, 2nd, 3rd, 4th players start on 00, 1st starts on 170,

Edit, when the other players start there ball also changes to 170

009.JPG

#4730 4 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

I checked & readjusted all pops leafs & tested ok,
I also noticed this,
When i play more than 1 player, 2nd, 3rd, 4th players start on 00, 1st starts on 170,
Edit, when the other players start there ball also changes to 170
009.JPG

tap the playfield near the trough or other areas. Maybe the vibrations of it kicking a ball out is making a switch contact and so scoring.
Interesting that its always 170. I'm not sure what even scores 170 points. but that might also be a clue. if you start a game and then hit some targets or rollovers and pay attention to the score you get for each type of target.

Wild guess is that it may be the inlane outlane rollovers or something near the trough.

What if you short plunge and the ball rolls back into the shooter lane. does that count another 170?

#4731 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

tap the playfield near the trough or other areas. Maybe the vibrations of it kicking a ball out is making a switch contact and so scoring.
Interesting that its always 170. I'm not sure what even scores 170 points. but that might also be a clue. if you start a game and then hit some targets or rollovers and pay attention to the score you get for each type of target.
Wild guess is that it may be the inlane outlane rollovers or something near the trough.
What if you short plunge and the ball rolls back into the shooter lane. does that count another 170?

thanks,
i think its a sling issue, looking at it now

#4732 4 years ago

Ok,
RHS 1 of the 2 sling switch's was closed, needed to be readjusted, funny the sling worked ok in play,
Thank you all

#4733 4 years ago

I'm in Ohio.

#4735 4 years ago

Been noticing Stern has been coming out with new toppers for many of the machines in their current manufactured line up. Anyone else hoping that they will make one for Metallica? The KISS, Game of Thrones and Walking Dead ones are pretty cool. Hoping they come through with one for my Metallica before the license runs out.

#4736 4 years ago

Where have any of you seen the best price on a nib met pro led? I'm in Ohio if that makes a difference.

#4737 4 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey all,
007.JPG

Where did you get those speaker grills?

#4738 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickperkins:

Where have any of you seen the best price on a nib met pro led? I'm in Ohio if that makes a difference.

Have you checked Cointaker? They are fairly close to you.

#4739 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I just picked it up, its a MOPLE may come std with it

#4740 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

they were a part of the MOPLE, roadcase and monster premiums. I do not believe that they come with the new style backbox premiums (which changed from the square to round speaker panels as well

#4741 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickperkins:

Trent at TILT is in Columbus Ohio, and Cointaker is in PA a bit farther away, but I would check with either of them for best pricing and either is great to deal with!!

Phoebe

#4742 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Plus one on a speaker decal that actually would match the art work. No offense to those that released the two other styles but they dont match at all. Hey Aurich please help us out!

I'm not a huge fan of decals for the older style Stern backbox panels. They don't look quite right to me.

#4743 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickperkins:

Before you buy any NIB games you need to call all the major distributors to get a price and don't be afraid to tell them what you were quoted and ask if they will beat it. If you aren't wiling to do some leg work then just be prepared to pay a bit more. People can post all the time whom they bought from but truth be told prices do change based off stock, pin popularity, whom the person is that is buying, etc. Just because ____ got a price of ______ from ______ vendor does not mean you will get the same.

Before I buy I always call:
- Tilt
- Cointaker
- GexEchange
- Pinball Refinery
- Marco (if you are going to a show they will be at you can get a really good deal on a show model)

Quoted from cscmtp:

I've got MOPLE and STPro. I'll keep this short. ST is not half the game that MET is IMHO. I will play one MAYBE two games of ST and I'm done with it for at least a couple of days. Met I can play for hours and still have fun. Met just has more to shoot for and (also MHO) more strategy options and a much better risk vs reward type of game play.

#4744 4 years ago

Too Bad Aurich, you could of put the Cherry on top!

#4745 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Too Bad Aurich, you could of put the Cherry on top!

Never say never, but I like the new metal Stern panels a lot more for decals, they just don't look quite right to me on the wood with the beveled edges and depth.

#4746 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Never say never, but I like the new metal Stern panels a lot more for decals, they just don't look quite right to me on the wood with the beveled edges and depth.

Even if you put speaker lights in them?

#4747 4 years ago

Just putting out a public service announcement.

DO NOT PURCHASE anything from IAMDARRAS (http://www.iamdarras.bigcartel.com/category/pinball-mods?page=2)

This A-Hole has had my money for over a year and not delivered what I purchased or responded to any communication on the matter.

darras.jpg

#4748 4 years ago

Is that 95 bucks for 2 LEDs or a new snake head with eyes installed?

#4749 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Is that 95 bucks for 2 LEDs or a new snake head with eyes installed?

new head with LEDs. But it is actually a $95 donation to a complete POS.

#4750 4 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

This A-Hole has had my money for over a year and not delivered what I purchased or responded to any communication on the matter.

I think you are covered by Paypal protection on something like this - not sure if there is a time limit though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
There are 16892 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside