IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 433.
#4601 8 years ago

Wow this is such an awesome game. I bought a premium from the current run based on all the positive things said here. Not a huge Metallica fan but like a few songs. Wasn't sure I'd actually open the game. Was going to keep it boxed for future train bait but once I had it in hand couldn't help myself. Now it is my favorite game and definitely a keeper.

#4602 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Looking at those scores, I'm not certain that its playing perfect.

Give the man a break! He's only had it two days. Metallica certainly made me a better player in short order.

#4603 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Looking at those scores, I'm not certain that its playing perfect.

Hougie is correct.
It now takes a game of 200 Million to make the board and the high score so far is 474 Million.
Of course having the current Texas state champion as a family member makes it tough to make it on the board.

#4604 8 years ago

Quick questions for all of you long time owners out there.
1. Is Sparky supposed to make a clacking noise as he shakes at multiball start? Ours does not. He just shakes.
2. What does the large box say on it that the snake spits out on Snake Multiball? Looks like "GALVO"
I have so far seen a cow, bomb, small box, and the large box.
3. What does the item that breaks on the DMD during Blackened say on it? Looks like "Metal Tip Jar"

I love catching all the hidden items on the DMD.

#4605 8 years ago

Photo showing the three mods we have so far.
Snake fangs and tongue sticker.
And the Grave Yard side panel art.

IMG_1099.jpgIMG_1099.jpg

#4606 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Can anyone with a machine check to see if your clear is chipping at the edge of the drain?
My build is from April 2015, which may be one of the boards with flaking issues? I forgot when that was.
I haven't called stern yet, I know they wear. But this is HOU with maybe 200 ish plays.

20150925_180138.jpg 20150925_180212.jpg

I looked at both my Metallica and Star Trek... Both show what I'd best describe as slight wear there (like a visible line), but no chipping. Given the location its in, if it worried me I'd be inclined to just throw a strip of Mylar there that wrapped the edge and call it a day.

#4607 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Can anyone with a machine check to see if your clear is chipping at the edge of the drain?
My build is from April 2015, which may be one of the boards with flaking issues? I forgot when that was.
I haven't called stern yet, I know they wear. But this is HOU with maybe 200 ish plays.

20150925_180138.jpg 20150925_180212.jpg

I always put mylar on that area, balls fly in there pretty hard sometimes and pound the shit out of that edge. In my experience a small amount of mylar that wraps over the edge will stop this from happening.

#4608 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I always put mylar on that area, balls fly in there pretty hard sometimes and pound the shit out of that edge. In my experience a small amount of mylar that wraps over the edge will stop this from happening.

Ugh. Wish I did that before I used it but man.... with such little plays...seems crazy. So do I try and repair this, then cover?

#4609 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I love catching all the hidden items on the DMD.

Get the ColorDMD, it makes finding all the cool stuff way easier.

#4610 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Get the ColorDMD, it makes finding all the cool stuff way easier.

It is on my list.

#4611 8 years ago

Shopped out my MET today with Titan rings, got everything cleaned & waxed. Looks like a brand new pin again!

Titan MET.jpgTitan MET.jpg

#4612 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Shopped out my MET today with Titan rings, got everything cleaned & waxed. Looks like a brand new pin again!
Titan MET.jpg

Ooh. I like the black flippers with yellow rubbers!!

#4613 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Titan MET.jpg

Nice job.....feel free to come over and do mine. I'll feed ya some beers.

#4614 8 years ago

Nice flippers, but I like this look better....

20150519_134159.jpg20150519_134159.jpg

#4615 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Nice flippers, but I like this look better....

20150519_134159.jpg

Eye of the beholder
I like mine, but all are good choices

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4616 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice job.....feel free to come over and do mine. I'll feed ya some beers.

MET was a breeze compared to all the B/W craziness I've dealt with!

I like those boney flips too, tilted. They fit right into the theme.

#4617 8 years ago

Yeah, I like the boney bats on mine too they just fit the theme so well

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#4618 8 years ago

Any suggestions for speaker upgrades, including lighting effect and color DMD. I wanna pimp out my newly acquired Metallica Pro Led!

#4619 8 years ago

I've got the flipper fidelity big 10" kit in mine and it rocks! Very pleased with it. Or you can go the powered sub route

#4620 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Any suggestions for speaker upgrades, including lighting effect and color DMD. I wanna pimp out my newly acquired Metallica Pro Led!

I've got FF on all my games but Met. I learned rather late that you get even better sound out of just an external sub. I never noticed much change in the mids/high's with my FF. It was always mainly a bass improvement. With the external sub I got that (for less) and am able to use it on two games.

#4621 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I've got FF on all my games but Met. I learned rather late that you get even better sound out of just an external sub. I never noticed much change in the mids/high's with my FF. It was always mainly a bass improvement. With the external sub I got that (for less) and am able to use it on two games.

I have an external sub too. I've never had flipper fidelity speakers, but I am somewhat of an audio nerd. I think for most people, an external sub is all that's necessary.

#4622 8 years ago

If you go the powered sub route just dont buy the pioneer 8" one I did and regret it

#4623 8 years ago

I'm back in the club! I am the proud owner of the Met Pro Pinball Refinery version, #23. Wow. Talk about gorgeous. Purple powder coated, lollipop rails, creeping death pinblades, etc. With updated code, this game is pretty spectacular.

WP_20150920_19_57_45_Pro.jpgWP_20150920_19_57_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20150919_17_34_20_Pro.jpgWP_20150919_17_34_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20150919_17_34_26_Pro.jpgWP_20150919_17_34_26_Pro.jpg

#4624 8 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

I'm back in the club! I am the proud owner of the Met Pro Pinball Refinery version, #23. Wow. Talk about gorgeous. Purple powder coated, lollipop rails, creeping death pinblades, etc. With updated code, this game is pretty spectacular.

WP_20150920_19_57_45_Pro.jpg WP_20150919_17_34_20_Pro.jpg WP_20150919_17_34_26_Pro.jpg

Hey welcome fellow Refinery owner, I have #8......and the lollipop rails are the good ones without all the screws on the flipper button end. Now we gotta get the color dmd. How about that we have the same amount of games.

#4626 8 years ago

How do I hook up and external subwoofer?

#4627 8 years ago

You can either alligator clip speaker wire to the speaker terminals and run the wire out the bottom to the subwoofer inputs or use one of these http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38

#4628 8 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I've got the flipper fidelity big 10" kit in mine and it rocks! Very pleased with it. Or you can go the powered sub route

Will that speaker fit without relocating one of the service rails?

#4629 8 years ago

No. On the premium you'll need to relocate the right service rail. It's simple and mikes got pics on the site. I think I have pics as well from when I did mine. No drilling, a simple taking out of the 2 screws and using the threaded end of one of the playfield posts for your new mounting location.

#4630 8 years ago

Thanks Mustang! Definitely a candidate for a color DMD. I'm adding Mezel's speakers to the ramps too, a very nice mod with flashers, etc. Maybe the coffin gate too, which I've had before and looks pretty good. I also like the coffin sticker but I'm kinda digging the white right now.

#4631 8 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Thanks Mustang! Definitely a candidate for a color DMD. I'm adding Mezel's speakers to the ramps too, a very nice mod with flashers, etc. Maybe the coffin gate too, which I've had before and looks pretty good. I also like the coffin sticker but I'm kinda digging the white right now.

Good plans.

#4632 8 years ago

Decided to play one quick game last night, and an hour and ten minutes later this happened...20150930_091734.jpg20150930_091734.jpg

#4633 8 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

Decided to play one quick game last night, and an hour and ten minutes later this happened...20150930_091734.jpg

Incredible!!!
Congrats.

Any time I am in a hurry to go some place, I can count on having the game of my life. lol

#4634 8 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

Decided to play one quick game last night, and an hour and ten minutes later this happened...20150930_091734.jpg

I think it's time to open up those outlanes. Nice score indeed!

#4635 8 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

Decided to play one quick game last night, and an hour and ten minutes later this happened...

Wow! Monster score! Did you end up reaching EOTL and what was your previous high score?

#4636 8 years ago

Great score, I'm lucky to get 100m. But I don't know the rules too sooooo.

#4637 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great score, I'm lucky to get 100m. But I don't know the rules too sooooo.

The rules to this game are amazing. There can be so many things going on at the same time the mind boggels.
I usually start a game with the intention of locking in one particular shot for the rest of the game. But if something starts happening faster like Graveyard, Sparky or Lady Justice, I just go with the flow.

#4638 8 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

hour and ten minutes later

Danggg, I was hoping this was a short ball time game...

#4639 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I mylared that edge from day one. The ball bounces off the back of the metal trough and hits that pretty regularly, so I would expect chipping without some kind of protection. Cliffy needs to come up with a protector for this area; I bet it would sell well.

#4640 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

It is for me. lol

#4641 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

It's a long player, so it's almost mandatory to open up those outlanes (IMHO).

#4642 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I mylared that edge from day one. The ball bounces off the back of the metal trough and hits that pretty regularly, so I would expect chipping without some kind of protection. Cliffy needs to come up with a protector for this area; I bet it would sell well.

I spoke with mr. rinear the other day and he is working on a solution (or two). apparently, stern has changed the shape of the cut-out for the ball drain so there will probably be a few variations available when he completes them.

#4643 8 years ago

Ohhhhh that's how. I didn't think it would chip that bad from dropping in. Ugh. Still need to hit stern up but I think someone said mantis makes one. I'd take a cliffy or mantis protector. Didn't think of this happening on such low plays

#4644 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ohhhhh that's how. I didn't think it would chip that bad from dropping in. Ugh. Still need to hit stern up but I think someone said mantis makes one. I'd take a cliffy or mantis protector. Didn't think of this happening on such low plays

I checked my LE with close to 1000 games on it and looks unchipped at this point.

#4645 8 years ago

I added red to the flipper area (posts and rubber), love the way it turned out.

metflips.jpgmetflips.jpg

#4646 8 years ago

I am now officially in the club! Picked up my Pro LED from Trent today! I can't wait to get her setup!!!

#4647 8 years ago
Quoted from rkelley17:

I am now officially in the club! Picked up my Pro LED from Trent today! I can't wait to get her setup!!!

Awesome!!

#4648 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I added red to the flipper area (posts and rubber), love the way it turned out.

metflips.jpg

I like it, goes with the flippers now.

#4649 8 years ago
Quoted from rkelley17:

Welcome to the club....now start saving up for mods.

#4650 8 years ago

We have only had our LED Pro a couple of weeks but today is my birthday and the mods are rolling in.

So far we have:
Snake fangs and tongue decal.
Graveyard side panel decals.
Shaker Motor (Not installed yet)
Speaker panel inserts with LED's (Not installed yet)
Pinnovators headphone jack with sub output. (Not istalled yet)
Modfather shooter Rod.

Tomorrow will be a busy day for mod installs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.