IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 433.
#4551 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Who else has toppers for their MET machine? Post here if you care to share. Trying to find some good ideas besides the McFarlane Harvestors of Sorrow figures and stage set. Thanks.

Here's mine, a working eq graph.

MetEQ1.jpgMetEQ1.jpg

MetEQ2.jpgMetEQ2.jpg

MetEQ3.jpgMetEQ3.jpg

#4553 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Good move. My first NIB was. Metallica as well. Which show in 86, as I was at the Denver concert when they were opening for Ozzy.

My first NIB (first pin of any kind) was Metallica, too. I was at the show 4/5/1986 at UIC Pavilion in Chicago when they opened for Ozzy's Ultimate Sin tour. That was my second rock concert. First was Motley Crue 11/1/1985 at Rosemont Horizon (with Autograph opening for them). Also got to drive Metallica to a show in Columbus, Ohio in 2003. Love Metallica music, love Metallica Pinball!!!

MetLife.jpgMetLife.jpg

#4554 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Good move. My first NIB was. Metallica as well. Which show in 86, as I was at the Denver concert when they were opening for Ozzy. I became there biggest fan lol.

It was indeed the Ozzy tour (Damage, Inc, tour) - but this was at Poplar Creek. IMHO them blew him away. After they finished the opener, it felt like 1/3 of the crowd left.

I've since seen them on the And Justice For All release (Damaged Justice tour) (Peoria) and sometime in the mid '90s we got backstage and was able to eat with the band. I remember a very cool Metallica ice sculpture in the middle of the fruit bar...

Love your MetLE! and I also love those toppers that people have shown.

Sounds like a shaker moter is a no brainer to get for this game. Any other must-have mods?

#4555 8 years ago

Crosses glow in the dark
image.jpgimage.jpg

#4556 8 years ago
Quoted from tornado:

It was indeed the Ozzy tour (Damage, Inc, tour) - but this was at Poplar Creek. IMHO them blew him away. After they finished the opener, it felt like 1/3 of the crowd left.
I've since seen them on the And Justice For All release (Damaged Justice tour) (Peoria) and sometime in the mid '90s we got backstage and was able to eat with the band. I remember a very cool Metallica ice sculpture in the middle of the fruit bar...
Love your MetLE! and I also love those toppers that people have shown.
Sounds like a shaker moter is a no brainer to get for this game. Any other must-have mods?

You need an external sub. I bought a Polk sub for like 100 off Amazon and it makes all the difference.

#4557 8 years ago

Does anyone have the instructions for exact washer configuration on the drop target assembly?

#4558 8 years ago

Sparky issue----On my MT, the sensor near Sparky's toes doesn't seem to be working. You have to completely hit the target between his legs to get credit for a chair hit. Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? I wasn't sure if I may have accidentally changed a setting or just have a sensor not working. Thanks.

#4559 8 years ago
Quoted from zaterminator:

Sparky issue----On my MT, the sensor near Sparky's toes doesn't seem to be working. You have to completely hit the target between his legs to get credit for a chair hit. Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? I wasn't sure if I may have accidentally changed a setting or just have a sensor not working. Thanks.

First thing, just make sure the opto is lined up properly on both sides so that the red light emitted on one side is visible to the sensor on the other side. Check that the right hand side component is emitting a constant red light.

Then go underneath and make sure the opto board looks like this with the LEDs on and all the cables connected firmly.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#4560 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

First thing, just make sure the opto is lined up properly on both sides so that the red light emitted on one side is visible to the sensor on the other side. Check that the right hand side component is emitting a constant red light.
Then go underneath and make sure the opto board looks like this with the LEDs on and all the cables connected firmly.
image.jpeg

Awesome, thanks. I'll check it tonight when I get home.

#4561 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You need an external sub. I bought a Polk sub for like 100 off Amazon and it makes all the difference.

I can't play mine without the external sub now. It makes an amazing difference...

#4562 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

image.jpeg

Checked, all the connections are seated well. Here is a pic of the board. Right side on sparky up top has no light, so it appears that is my problem. The gravemarker IR is fine, just Sparky is out.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4563 8 years ago
Quoted from zaterminator:

Checked, all the connections are seated well. Here is a pic of the board. Right side on sparky up top has no light, so it appears that is my problem. The gravemarker IR is fine, just Sparky is out.
image.jpg

The specific connector on the control board there that you are interested in is J1. Pull it off completely and reseat it. The LED indicator IS on, so at first look it looks like it is seated ok, but that LED will stay on faintly even if the connector is removed, so it's worth a quick check.

If that's all good, swap J1 and J2, and the left opto will become the emitter. It does work that way around. This will tell you whether the right opto is completely blown, or just won't emit.

If the left one doesn't light up when swapped, you may have an issue with the controller, if the switch doesn't register but the left lights up then I'd say we have narrowed it down to replacing a bad opto on the right.

#4564 8 years ago

Can someone post a link to the metal up-post for the orbit. I can't seem to find it on pinball life's site. And no way am I digging through 92 pages of this thread.....LOL

#4565 8 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

Can someone post a link to the metal up-post for the orbit. I can't seem to find it on pinball life's site. And no way am I digging through 92 pages of this thread.....LOL

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3591

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=A-17986

#4566 8 years ago

Thank you, appreciate it.

#4567 8 years ago

So what comes after EOL? I got to EOL last night and it timed out before I could finish it. I finally got CIU lit again, but drained trying to hit it... So I was curious if the normal CIU modes just start over or is there something else?

Thanks
1442678841693-1763365441.jpg1442678841693-1763365441.jpg

#4568 8 years ago

How long does it take to reach EOL?
-mof

#4569 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

How long does it take to reach EOL?
-mof

It was about a 30 - 40 minute game last night...

#4570 8 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

So what comes after EOL? I got to EOL last night and it timed out before I could finish it. I finally got CIU lit again, but drained trying to hit it... So I was curious if the normal CIU modes just start over or is there something else?
Thanks
1442678841693-1763365441.jpg

First time I have seen the eyeballs on the coffin lock insert on a pro.
What type of decal is that and where did it come from?
I'm not a fan of putting anything sticky on a playfield but that looks pretty nice in the photo.

#4571 8 years ago

Can someone give me some hints as to which tracks to change to which songs using pinball browser. I did figure out the songs but when I changed them it seemed to mix up the sparky and some of the other modes where I like the music. Suggestions?

#4572 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Can someone give me some hints as to which tracks to change to which songs using pinball browser. I did figure out the songs but when I changed them it seemed to mix up the sparky and some of the other modes where I like the music. Suggestions?

Can't remember the multiball mode songs off the top of my head but here are the main tracks.

476 Battery
591 Blackenend
702 Creeping Death
773 Enter Sandman
846 Fade to Black
900 For Whom the Bell Tolls
939 FUEL
998 Master of Puppets
1066 One
1199 Ride the Lightning
1281 Sad but True
1351 Seek & Destroy
1429 The End of the Line
1494 Unforgiven

Edit... I think these are the multiball tunes. This was posted by another member awhile back.

Snake = Sad But True
Coffin = For Whom the Bell Tolls
Sparky = Creeping Death and/or middle of Ride the Lightning
Graveyard = Master of Puppets

#4573 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

First time I have seen the eyeballs on the coffin lock insert on a pro.
What type of decal is that and where did it come from?
I'm not a fan of putting anything sticky on a playfield but that looks pretty nice in the photo.

http://iamdarras.bigcartel.com/product/met-eye-ball-coffin

#4575 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Can't remember the multiball mode songs off the top of my head but here are the main tracks.
476 Battery
591 Blackenend
702 Creeping Death
773 Enter Sandman
846 Fade to Black
900 For Whom the Bell Tolls
939 FUEL
998 Master of Puppets
1066 One
1199 Ride the Lightning
1281 Sad but True
1351 Seek & Destroy
1429 The End of the Line
1494 Unforgiven
Edit... I think these are the multiball tunes. This was posted by another member awhile back.
Snake = Sad But True
Coffin = For Whom the Bell Tolls
Sparky = Creeping Death and/or middle of Ride the Lightning
Graveyard = Master of Puppets

Thanks for this. Seems that when I replaced creeping death that's why the Sparky multiball changed. There are also 2 parts of songs at the end of the game... One during the match and one after the match. Which track are those?

#4576 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Thanks for this. Seems that when I replaced creeping death that's why the Sparky multiball changed. There are also 2 parts of songs at the end of the game... One during the match and one after the match. Which track are those?

Unforgiven i believe.

#4577 8 years ago

Anyone have a good way to stop the 2 lower spotlights from falling out periodically? I have a cointaker shaker installed and those 2 spotlights will wiggle loose and fall out every couple weeks. Of course the obvious is to take the glass off and make sure they are in good regularly but I am just wondering if anyone has a better way to keep them in?

I have always noticed it immediately when it happens, stop playing and fix it. My fear is one of my kids or wife wont notice and will keep playing, potentially causing damage to the playfield.

#4578 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Anyone have a good way to stop the 2 lower spotlights from falling out periodically? I have a cointaker shaker installed and those 2 spotlights will wiggle loose and fall out every couple weeks. Of course the obvious is to take the glass off and make sure they are in good regularly but I am just wondering if anyone has a better way to keep them in?
I have always noticed it immediately when it happens, stop playing and fix it. My fear is one of my kids or wife wont notice and will keep playing, potentially causing damage to the playfield.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-tips-to-get-led-bulbs-to-stay-in#post-2681226

#4579 8 years ago

I've used a very small dab of blue locktite on the screw. Don't put it on the side near the plastic though. Just the top where the screw holds the spot to the hex post. Also helpful to use an adjustable wrench on the hex post when tightening the screw so you don't run the post down on the sling plastic too tight

Edit:Oh my bad. I thought u meant the whole spot comes off or gets loose and points off in wrong direction.

#4580 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Remove the spots and re-route the harnesses under the playfield to light up the fuel bar and mystery scoop

#4581 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Crosses glow in the dark

Love it, nice job! I was just on eBay looking for materials to make your exact topper.

#4582 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Unforgiven i believe.

it's Seek and Destroy during the Match phase and then Unforgiven during Game Over.

#4583 8 years ago

Picked one up last week and loving it!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

#4584 8 years ago

Just arrived
Unpacking in an hour or so.
So stoked!!!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4585 8 years ago

Played perfect right out of the box.
Love this game.

IMG_1088.jpgIMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1091.jpgIMG_1091.jpg

#4586 8 years ago

Awesome man!!

#4587 8 years ago

nice lineup

#4588 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Love this game.

What? Congrats on picking one up. Hopefully the ball doesn't fly through the cross on this "version".

#4589 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

What? Congrats on picking one up. Hopefully the ball doesn't fly through the cross on this "version".

Thanks Vett.
This purchase is largely due to you and my brothers visit to your place.
And yes the grave yard is working spot on.

#4590 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I use a little bit of blu tac (stuff used to stick posters to the wall) on the base of the globe to hold it in place.

#4591 8 years ago

I have an extra pro translight poster if anyone is looking for a replacement or to replace the old guys on the road case version. PM me for details. Thanks.

#4592 8 years ago

pm sent

#4593 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Love this game.

IMG_1088.jpg IMG_1091.jpg

He, you copied exactly my line-up

#4594 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

He, you copied exactly my line-up

They are a great set aren't they?

#4596 8 years ago

Can anyone with a machine check to see if your clear is chipping at the edge of the drain?

My build is from April 2015, which may be one of the boards with flaking issues? I forgot when that was.

I haven't called stern yet, I know they wear. But this is HOU with maybe 200 ish plays.

20150925_180138.jpg20150925_180138.jpg

20150925_180212.jpg20150925_180212.jpg

#4597 8 years ago

My TWD is flaking off in the same spot. Just saw it last week. Bought NIB last October. Not many plays on it either. Tried contacting Stern and haven't heard anything back from them.

Quoted from northvibe:

Can anyone with a machine check to see if your clear is chipping at the edge of the drain?

#4598 8 years ago

Mine was made in April and I have not had any playfield flaking issues (knock on wood). I have on the other hand had led issues and a bad powerboard that was just replaced. Hopefully I'm done fixing for a while.

#4599 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Love this game.

Looking at those scores, I'm not certain that its playing perfect.

#4600 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My build is from April 2015, which may be one of the boards with flaking issues? I forgot when that was.
I haven't called stern yet, I know they wear. But this is HOU with maybe 200 ish plays.

20150925_180138.jpg 20150925_180212.jpg

My STLE did the same thing stern sent me a brush and some clear in a jar to fix it with. I think there is a mantis style protector available for that area also

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.