IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 433.
#4451 8 years ago

Just updated the ColorDMD ROM.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4452 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

We're on it. The PRO seems to reverse the Combo Champion artwork at times. Should be fixed this weekend in another update.

Mine is a premium, so happens there too.

#4453 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

image.jpg

Aw man quit tempting me.

#4454 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

image.jpg

How'd you update??? Looks awesome.

#4455 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sure is but now I'd like to see a 4X one like the MMR LE.

I can't imagine the amount of time it would take to redraw all the assets in Metallica, there's tons!

#4456 8 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

How'd you update??? Looks awesome.

Download the latest ROM from the ColorDMD website and overwrite it, just like you installed it the first time. Easy.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Aw man quit tempting me.

You don't have it?! Your machine is covered in mods, but you're missing the best one!

Quoted from epthegeek:

I can't imagine the amount of time it would take to redraw all the assets in Metallica, there's tons!

No kidding, it would be ridiculous. MM has a fraction of the animation of Metallica.

#4457 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You don't have it?! Your machine is covered in mods, but you're missing the best one!

No not yet. I'm sticking all kinds of money into my garage finish, had the roof reshingled so it doesn't leak and finally got the heater installed and have to finish the insulation and inside sheathing. Gotta make a home for the Mustang "before" it comes home. There's no way I'm gonna do all that with a car that has a show quality paint job on it in there.

#4458 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You never know... Somebody might come up with a way to do it. Hell, they might even do it for free

#4459 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

You never know... Somebody might come up with a way to do it. Hell, they might even do it for free

I just got a little movement

#4460 8 years ago

If "someone" did it for "free" there might be a little "something" in it for "them".

#4461 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Anyone else having problems with the combo champion screen only being properly colorized sometimes with the new ColorDMD rom? For me it is sometimes the solid color it was before the update, other times colored properly. I am going to re-update the ROM, just kind of weird.

The MET 3.1 ROM has been reposted on our SUPPORT page to include coloring when the Combo Champion artwork is mirrored. Please let us know if there are any additional issues.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

MET_Sparky_HiRes.pngMET_Sparky_HiRes.png

#4462 8 years ago

My machine is pictured on the pinnovators page for the new version of the pinpac 5.

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=53

#4464 8 years ago

If SmartDMD expands to being able to replace assets on the fly for re-rendering with higher detail art that will be baller. Squared.

Edit: Oh wait, you may just be referring to the fact that you re-drew it all for color via SmartDMD and not hinting at glorious HD.

#4465 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Edit: Oh wait, you may just be referring to the fact that you re-drew it all for color via SmartDMD and not hinting at glorious HD.

ding. ding. ding. we have a winner!

#4466 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If SmartDMD expands to being able to replace assets on the fly for re-rendering with higher detail art that will be baller. Squared.

I wouldn't rule anything out, but I'm not making any promises either

Let's just say MET is my favorite pin at the moment, so I'd welcome the work.

#4467 8 years ago

I JUST HAD THE GREATEST GAME EVER!!! I GOT TO END OF THE LINE!!!! 3 BALLS but I swear I got like 5 free balls. I have NEVER had such a rush, such a thrill. That was the most fun I've ever had playing a single game of pinball. My 7 year old son was right next to me just freaking out!! 984 Million!

#4468 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I JUST HAD THE GREATEST GAME EVER!!! I GOT TO END OF THE LINE!!!! 3 BALLS but I swear I got like 5 free balls. I have NEVER had such a rush, such a thrill. That was the most fun I've ever had playing a single game of pinball. My 7 year old son was right next to me just freaking out!! 984 Million!

Wow. Awesome game.

#4469 8 years ago

Hi everyone. I haven't posted on here in awhile. Just wanted to give a shout out to Steve at Pinball Refinery and the great experience it was to purchase a pin from him.

I bought a Metallica Pro from him and he transformed it into Pinball Refinery #21. I've had the pin now for about 2 months and I couldn't be happier with the pin. I think I added pretty much every option available to it and he turned one of my most favorite pins into something even better.

Regardless of the version, the Metallica pin is definitely a keeper. \m/

#4470 8 years ago

Just traded my pro in for a NIB premium. Someone started a rumor that the new run of premiums would have metallic, foiled artwork like IMVE, that is false. Cab is identical to the pro.

First time seeing the premium translite in person. Million times better than the pro and I even like it more than the LE. image.jpgimage.jpg

#4471 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Just traded my pro in for a NIB premium

congrats! where you manage to "un-earth" a NIB premium still? I thought they were all gone (I only knew of 2 still available when I purchased mine back in april)

#4472 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

congrats! where you manage to "un-earth" a NIB premium still? I thought they were all gone (I only knew of 2 still available when I purchased mine back in april)

That's from the current run, see Dmd decal

#4473 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

First time seeing the premium translite in person. Million times better than the pro and I even like it more than the LE. image.jpg

Congrats!

But wait until you check out the awesome lighting in Fade to Black, Blackened, SJP in Grave MB, Enter Sandman, etc. Enjoy!

#4474 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Just traded my pro in for a NIB premium. Someone started a rumor that the new run of premiums would have metallic, foiled artwork like IMVE, that is false. Cab is identical to the pro.
First time seeing the premium translite in person. Million times better than the pro and I even like it more than the LE. image.jpg

Any decal issues on the new run of premiums?

#4475 8 years ago

wow....I didnt know they were out for distribution already....

#4476 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

What's the build date?

#4477 8 years ago

congrats, Prem Met is my all time favorite pin and so much fun to play!

#4478 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I didn't think they were even on the line yet?

#4479 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Congrats man! How do you like the dmd area graphics? I guess you will get use to it. Enjoy

#4480 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Thanks for posting the pic. I wasn't sure if this new run of premiums was going to use the new backbox or the original one. Seems weird that Stern posted pics of the original when they announced this re-run of premiums.....though I was expecting them to probably be the new style.

#4481 8 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

What's the build date?

8/26/15. No decal issues. Knock on wood.

#4482 8 years ago

- spoken for, thanks - Was going through stuff today and found an extra set of apron cards I made. Pretty simple, black album style. PM me and I'll throw them in the mail if someone wants them.

wBKE3vG.jpgwBKE3vG.jpg

#4483 8 years ago

^ I like the price cards (makes it feel like a location game to me), but those look great and thats an awesome gesture.

#4484 8 years ago

Wow! Never had a Seek & Destroy like this one. Kept it going through a Coffin MB stacked with Graveyard MB, then kept it going for a long time during my second CIU mode which was For Whom the Bell Tolls. The final score was 364M which is pretty good, but the S&D score blew me away when I put my initials in!

20150905_181052.jpg20150905_181052.jpg

#4485 8 years ago

Everytime people post pics of TallicA i am shocked,Pro Premium or Le they all lOoK freakin awesome
Dirty Donny Lyman and Borg nailed it,best Playing and LoOking Machine ever ! For Me

#4486 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Wow! Never had a Seek & Destroy like this one. Kept it going through a Coffin MB stacked with Graveyard MB, then kept it going for a long time during my second CIU mode which was For Whom the Bell Tolls. The final score was 364M which is pretty good, but the S&D score blew me away when I put my initials in!

20150905_181052.jpg

Nice!!!!

#4487 8 years ago

what is the general consensus on colordmd mode that looks best on MET?

#4488 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That's a tough choice, but I think the dots mode is the best looking

#4489 8 years ago

I just picked up a pro led with minimal games on it. However I noticed that I could see lines in the playfield. Some wax dried in it showing this. I pulled the glass off and there is a definite line between what looks to be a decal? Anyway the line was enough that I could I could catch with my finger nail when going across it? Is this notmal on newer sterns? Are the playfields screen printed? I figured if even it was a combo of screen print with some areas decaled it would have all been clear coated over to fill any irregularities. Up until now the newest stern I have owned is SM. any input would be appreciated. I added a couple pics of two areas. Thanks Patrick. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4490 8 years ago

It may be factory mylar. My NIB came with it in a couple spots.

#4491 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I set all my color DMD's to upscaling. I figure if I want to just see colored dots I might as well just be looking at a normal DMD.

#4492 8 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I just picked up a pro led with minimal games on it. However I noticed that I could see lines in the playfield. Some wax dried in it showing this. I pulled the glass off and there is a definite line between what looks to be a decal? Anyway the line was enough that I could I could catch with my finger nail when going across it? Is this notmal on newer sterns? Are the playfields screen printed? I figured if even it was a combo of screen print with some areas decaled it would have all been clear coated over to fill any irregularities. Up until now the newest stern I have owned is SM. any input would be appreciated. I added a couple pics of two areas. Thanks Patrick. image.jpg image.jpg

Normal wear protection on the playfield... Metallica was my first Stern (first NIB pin too!) and I had a schitz moment when I first cleaned it and noticed those!

#4493 8 years ago

Okay makes sense now. I feel better now I can just grief about side decals bunching around a bolt and one flipper button.

#4494 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I liked the high def one, but eventually went with dots xl. I don't remember anything specific in met that looked bad in high def, but the albums on AC/DC looked terrible, so I changed it and wanted met to match.

#4495 8 years ago

Factory mylar in front of both snake and mystery scoop on my machine

#4496 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Everytime people post pics of TallicA i am shocked,Pro Premium or Le they all lOoK freakin awesome
Dirty Donny Lyman and Borg nailed it,best Playing and LoOking Machine ever ! For Me

B_R, quit hacking thunderking.

#4497 8 years ago

THaT iS SomE funNY S#$! wriTe TherE!

#4498 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Every single one of my ColorDMDs (I have 5) are set to DotsXL, and will never be on anything else. It's how the art was designed to look, and it's what makes me happy. But the fun of having settings is picking what works for you, even if you're wrong.

#4499 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Its a personal preference thing I guess or there would be only one setting. I had all mine on different settings to see which one I liked best and ended up changing them all to DOTXL.

#4500 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

B_R, quit hacking thunderking.

I d'ont see Black Rose around as much anymore

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.