C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 434.
#401 10 years ago

Anyone find a troubleshooting fix for the flakey Dropdown target optos that are resetting irregularly after the grave marker multiball? Stern says there is a fix kit but no eta yet.

#402 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I rated it a 6.8, but I just deleted my rating. I agree it's not fair to rate it based on my bad early-code experience.

Just deleted my Metallica rating and my Woz rating....

#403 10 years ago

Just unboxed my Metallica last night so officially I am an owner!

Added a shaker, hooked up a 12" Sony powered sub updated the code, added a few LED's.

Added my topper.

Any tweaks I should be making?

mettopper.JPGmettopper.JPG

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I think I want in this club.

#405 10 years ago

Lucky. I just got that Binge and Purge DVD CD set. Live shows from 1993. Worth it.

#406 10 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Added a shaker, hooked up a 12" Sony powered sub updated the code, added a few LED's.
Added my topper.
Any tweaks I should be making?

Congrats on your new pinball this looks like a great game can't wait for mine.

#407 10 years ago

anyone got a link to new code? heard another one is out (after 1.06).

#408 10 years ago

same question from me:

Anyone find a troubleshooting fix for the flakey Dropdown target optos that are resetting irregularly after the grave marker multiball? Stern says there is a fix kit but no eta yet.

#409 10 years ago

My LE should be here in early July. Cant wait.

#410 10 years ago

Confined w/ stern on the future availability of the kit to remedy the drop issue. No eta though. . I figured someone would have figured out a work around.

#411 10 years ago

Just unboxed my Pro tonight....loving it!!!

#412 10 years ago

Just got my pro today as well. Played it for about 6 hours tonight with a few friends. This game shows a lot of promise so long as they keep up on the code, add modes and do something about that damn post. Possibly the best looking and most solidly built pro that Stern has ever produced.

#413 10 years ago

I see the post is still a major PITB for new owners , as well as us 'seasoned ( LOL ) owners.

I think Swampy suggested in a thread on Pinside that Stern should modify that so it ONLY comes up when an ANTICLOCKWISE orbit shot is made and stays DOWN at all other times - which I think would be PERFECT.

it MUST be addressed.

#414 10 years ago

Yea, like many others, I ended up disabling the post in the settings. It makes the game a lot more exciting and everyone was still getting their fair share of upper rollovers and pop action from incomplete orbits. I really hope they do something about it in the long run.

Brian

#415 10 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I think Swampy suggested in a thread on Pinside that Stern should modify that so it ONLY comes up when an ANTICLOCKWISE orbit shot is made and stays DOWN at all other times - which I think would be PERFECT.

That sounds like a great idea. Tommy Lyman, can you hear me?

#416 10 years ago

Anybody notice that Stern took Metallica code updates off their website?

#417 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yea, like many others, I ended up disabling the post in the settings. It makes the game a lot more exciting and everyone was still getting their fair share of upper rollovers and pop action from incomplete orbits.

A better way to put it is it makes the game harder. A ball dribbling out of the pops or down the left orbit is lot easier to control than a ball rocketing down the right orbit. Kills me how people don't care about the outcome of their changes, just so long as the game has plenty of 'flow'.

I wouldn't recommend disabling the post and I hope they don't change it. I never wish for changes that make the game harder. If I want it harder, I'll jack up the back legs and open the outlanes.

#418 10 years ago

I just got my pro as well! Played about ten games downloaded the software about 1,5 hour ago 1.06 nothing wrong on the stern site when in downloaded teh code.

Just found out that i'm missing two z-connectors. My crank it up and extra ball led are therefore not connected

image.jpgimage.jpg

#419 10 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

Just found out that i'm missing two z-connectors. My crank it up and extra ball led are therefore not connected

Now that Suck's !! I'm Gonna go over Every inch of my Pro when it arrives .. A Must do i see !

#420 10 years ago

I have a lot of connectors and spare parts on stock however not a z-connector. It sucks a bit however the artwork is amazing!!!! I've never seen anything like this.

#421 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

A better way to put it is it makes the game harder. A ball dribbling out of the pops or down the left orbit is lot easier to control than a ball rocketing down the right orbit. Kills me how people don't care about the outcome of their changes, just so long as the game has plenty of 'flow'.

I was supposed to be afraid of the game being harder? It's not exactly a permanent modification...

#422 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yea, like many others, I ended up disabling the post in the settings. It makes the game a lot more exciting and everyone was still getting their fair share of upper rollovers and pop action from incomplete orbits. I really hope they do something about it in the long run.
Brian

You guys have got it all wrong about the up post! It's one of the best things about the game and wouldn't be the same without it's current behavior--the reverse orbit kick back effect freaking rules and is pretty unique.

While the slow dribble into the pops from the left side isn't great, I believe it's unintended or at least appears to be so. Either way I'll take it if it's the worst byproduct of the FANTASTIC returns off the orbit post.

#423 10 years ago

Finally got combo champion last night with 23. Well until the next update anyway.

#424 10 years ago

Btw, the drop target problem with them not going down has improved for me after a breakin period.

#425 10 years ago

Well if it makes you guys feel any better, I re-enabled the post before another long night of playing along with friends and the game still rocks hard.

#426 10 years ago

500+ plays and loving it more now than day 1.

Still haven't cracked combo champion

Hoping for new code with END OF THE LINE to be implemented this week...

#427 10 years ago

I would think END OF THE LINE will be the LAST update you see since its probably the wizard mode.

Quoted from movingpictures:

500+ plays and loving it more now than day 1.
Still haven't cracked combo champion
Hoping for new code with END OF THE LINE to be implemented this week...

#428 10 years ago

I forgot to post the Cliffy mod.

I made two cuts as shown in the picture, sits flat and protects the needed area well.

MetEject.jpgMetEject.jpg

#429 10 years ago

Shaker, white rubbers and LEDs for the inserts are showing up this afternoon. Time for a fund teardown night with lots of waxing in between

#430 10 years ago

Would like to see some new gameplay video. Can you guys post something for us less fortunate?

LE code is obviously the priority More features and lighting. Lyman takes his time and I hope he does. One bad code update and its the Xmen christmas debacle. He knows this Im sure.

Updates were monthly with ACDC which is more the norm. Each one was a fairly big update.

#431 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Would like to see some new gameplay video. Can you guys post something for us less fortunate?

I'm working on replacing a couple of the songs.
If I can get it running properly I'll make a video.
Anything you want to see in particular?

#432 10 years ago

I would love to be able to do this. Slither would be such a cool song for snake multiball (I know everyone hates Reload, but Slither would rock for that mode). I would also love to replace one of the slower songs with The Four Horsemen.

#433 10 years ago

Cliff has been working on the mod so anyone can order without worry on fitment. He sent me a prototype last week. I'll check fitment tonight so this can become available direct thru Cliff's website.

Quoted from rockinganker:

I forgot to post the Cliffy mod.

#434 10 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

That post coming in from the back board is way above where the ball travels.
It's the playfield post that deflects
On mine, a left orbit shot is slowed by the post and trickles into the pop bumpers
On rare occasions it does shoot back down the left orbit, when the ball is traveling will a lot of speed.

The placement of that post is horrible. Had they raised it to where it was nearly against the ball guide you wouldn't get these bounce backs we are seeing In videos.

#435 10 years ago

Question about the snake kickout. Where exactly is the snake kicking out on your flippers? I have played 2 of the both from NIB. Both different. One is closer to the tip (My machine) and the other machine is more towards the lane guide on the flipper.

I have had a flipper rubber snap in half already. 100 games. It was a green rubber. Not sure if it may have been defective to begin with out the hit from the snake it beating it up, will know in my next 100 games.

#436 10 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Question about the snake kickout. Where exactly is the snake kicking out on your flippers? I have played 2 of the both from NIB. Both different. One is closer to the tip (My machine) and the other machine is more towards the lane guide on the flipper.
I have had a flipper rubber snap in half already. 100 games. It was a green rubber. Not sure if it may have been defective to begin with out the hit from the snake it beating it up, will know in my next 100 games.

Green flipper rubbers I've noticed aren't very durable. I put some on my old SS and they snapped later that same day.

#437 10 years ago

I'm going with purple tonight on the flippers. My snake shoots to the left slingshot. I tried adjusting it last night but didn't get far. I'm tearing the game down as we speak so I will try to tweak it soon.

MovingPictures. Let me know how the song changing goes with that new software. I'm definitely interested in doing the same.

#438 10 years ago

+1 on the green flipper rubber. I have had green and purple break on many games.

#439 10 years ago

Just put the shaker in. Holy shit its rumbling my whole house. I need to find a way to turn this thing down!

#440 10 years ago

Awesome! I really love the set list, but some songs come to mind that would be a much better fit for the game. Hit the Lights would be amazing with some synchronized LED effects. Whiplash and Ride the Lightning would be good as well.

#441 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Just put the shaker in. Holy shit its rumbling my whole house. I need to find a way to turn this thing down!

Its in the settings

#442 10 years ago

I'm working on replacing a couple of the songs

blockquote>

Really?
Sounds good .....
How ?

#443 10 years ago

What do you guys mean replacing songs? On the game itself??

#444 10 years ago

I know what you mean. I put mine in last night. Definitely rocks the house especially on Sparky Multiball. Really adds to the game in a great way.

#445 10 years ago

Its in the settings

All I can find is how much it gets used. Not how hard it shakes.

Can't leave me next to a NIB game!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#446 10 years ago

I'm going with purple tonight on the flippers. My snake shoots to the left slingshot. I tried adjusting it last night but didn't get far. I'm tearing the game down as we speak so I will try to tweak it soon.

WOW! The left sling? Damn mine is left flipper tip. I see no adjusting. I wonder why so much different and what it is really intended to hit.

#447 10 years ago

4 coats of wax, white rubbers, purple star posts at slings, purple flipper rubber, shaker motor, mystery scoop protector, trough protector, LEDs in controlled lamps and a few minor GI ones that were constantly blowing for me in the flipper the lane guides.

Also adjusted the left inside wall of snake scoop and got it to eject mor near the flipper/lane guide. It's usually in the middle where they meet now. Stil awkward to control it but at least I have some control unlike when it goes into the slings.

Then proceeded to play several games. Can't seem to be the 70 million mark. Game plays insanely fast now too with the white rubbers and all the wax. Outlanes of course opened right up anyone have any strategies? I hate to make one for early code but I like having a mission. Coffin is brutal to get. I managed to get two locks and the. Got close to the third and started sparky. Then finished 3rd lock and stacked coffin and sparky. That was fun.

Why is coffin a 4 ball multi? You lock 3 balls. Premium will be 3 physical ball locks. Seems silly to throw another ball out of the trough when you locked 3. That should of been 3 and sparky 4 maybe?

Game gets a little confused when in fuel mode or one mode. Sometimes it forgets you are in that mode and the music related to it stops and goes back to song you picked. Then you hit something and it remembers again and then restarts the fuel or one song over again. Gets a little annoying. I'm sure they will straighten it out tho.

Last bug I can remember right now is when grave multi ball is starting. L the inserts are doing there light show. Except one. The right target on sparky pointing to his right shoe. Thought I had an out bulb when I saw that but it was fine after and did the same thing next time on grave multiball.

Jim

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#448 10 years ago

My first pinside post ready for my first NIB!

I've got an LE on its way to the UK, should be 3 -4 weeks hopefully.

I've sold my SM and NF in anticipation, so am praying I won't be disappointed!

Bring it on!

#449 10 years ago
Quoted from Pooman2084:

My first pinside post ready for my first NIB!
I've got an LE on its way to the UK, should be 3 -4 weeks hopefully.
I've sold my SM and NF in anticipation, so am praying I won't be disappointed!
Bring it on!

Awesome! Welcome to the club. I'm fairly new myself and anxiously awaiting my Premium that should be here next month.

#450 10 years ago

What and where are the adjustments for the Snake? I see a long screw below the snake under the playfield. What does that screw adjust? Is there an adjustment to aim where the ball goes when it ejects? Sorry if these are basic questions. I'm new to the hobby and this is my second game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.