Topic Stats

• 16,878 posts
  • 948 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Robertstone0407
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,855 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16878 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 338.
#4401 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Thanks in advance. I'd love to see Blackened some day and the default setting makes that pretty much impossible.

Not to sound like a jerk, but I like to keep the settings factory and have very difficult goals that are seemingly impossible in front of me.

Never thought I'd finish Jericho on IM, but I never changed the settings on my machine and played harder and got better at nudging and finally beat it.

#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Thanks in advance. I'd love to see Blackened some day and the default setting makes that pretty much impossible.

Not to sound like a jerk, but I like to keep the settings factory and have very difficult goals that are seemingly impossible in front of me.

Never thought I'd finish Jericho on IM, but I never changed the settings on my machine and played harder and got better at nudging and finally beat it.

#4403 4 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! This game is bad-ass! So much fun.

metpro.jpg

#4404 4 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Joined the club yesterday! This game is bad-ass! So much fun.
metpro.jpg

Nice.
And easy access for the truck I see.

#4405 4 years ago

I like how the games always seem to be delivered by an 18-wheeler where it is the only package onboard. VIP all the way.

#4406 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I like how the games always seem to be delivered by an 18-wheeler where it is the only package onboard. VIP all the way.

Mine are always delivered by a dock truck but it's usually the only thing in it.

#4407 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It's funny you say that because the only game I didn't go pick up was delivered the same way. I'm not sure if you can see it way back there or not.

20136989754_17e56be603_k.jpg

#4408 4 years ago

Just joined the club a couple days ago. Bought a used pro. One of the best games I've played!

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Just joined the club a couple days ago. Bought a used pro. One of the best games I've played!

Congrats! Just for laughs (due to another marketplace ad) will you share what you paid? Or.. if it was less then 4k

#4410 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Congrats! Just for laughs (due to another marketplace ad) will you share what you paid? Or.. if it was less then 4k

Yes, it was a couple hundred under 4k.
It was a sept 2013 model

#4411 4 years ago

If you got a used pro for under 4k and it was in good HOU shape, then i applaud you. Well done!

#4412 4 years ago

How many here have not mylared the sparky magnet? How well is that area holding up? I know mylar on the magnet will get chewed up in probably 50 games, but it would have been nice if Stern put mylar donuts on the game like IM.

Rob

#4413 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How many here have not mylared the sparky magnet? How well is that area holding up? I know mylar on the magnet will get chewed up in probably 50 games, but it would have been nice if Stern put mylar donuts on the game like IM.
Rob

I haven't mylared mine, and it still looks new. I think I have somewhere around 1000 games on it. I think the key is to make sure the magnet is completely level with the playfield.

#4414 4 years ago

Ugh.. I just had a 227M game where I did absolutely nothing with my CIUs. Made it to 3 of them and scored about 20M combined, draining during each.. to think of what could have been..

This is what always brings me back to Metallica, I always feel like I left a bunch on the table after every game.

#4415 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I was really worried about the abuse that area takes and after doing the research on the protectors avaialbe and hearing about mylar getting chewed up right away I've been cutting out the "static cling" Avery and Graphix sheets to put around the Sparky magnet and the Hammer drop through magnet. As long as you cut out the magnet area, you'll get a-lot of games out of them and piece of mind, but either way they are disposable and they peel right off. I've done this on the doc-oc magnet on Spiderman as well and its been working great!

#4416 4 years ago

The MET SmartDMD is almost done

Just got done tweaking all the Snake, Fade to Black, and Special animations:

Snake.png
Snake MB.png
Fade to Black.png
Special.png

Everything is done other than "End of the Line"

#4417 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Everything is done other than "End of the Line"

Don't bother. I'll never see it

#4418 4 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Don't bother. I'll never see it

That's why I saved it for last

Although, I'm virtually unstoppable with the glass off

#4419 4 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

Ugh.. I just had a 227M game where I did absolutely nothing with my CIUs. Made it to 3 of them and scored about 20M combined, draining during each.. to think of what could have been..

Buddy played the other day and got 145M without a sinngle crank it up. Kept getting multiballs, ball just wouldn't go in the hole.. the one time it did with CUI lit, the mystery was also lit and awarded coffin MB start, so it f*cked him over LOL

#4420 4 years ago

Had a crazy game tonight. Scored 599 million. Had all 4 Crank it ups done. Was just a few shots away from End on line! Soooooo close!!!!'

#4421 4 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I like to do whatever the f**k I feel like with my games personally. That's why I paid thousands of dollars for them.

#4422 4 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

That's kind of like having a supermodel for a wife, that always sleeps in another room IYKWIM.

#4423 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I like to do whatever the f**k I feel like with my games personally. That's why I paid thousands of dollars for them.

I feel the same way. I used to think differently....and I played by myself all of the time. I changed the setting to carry over S&D shots and make Blackened easier to attain and now my Wife plays it every night. If it makes the game more fun for the players, I don't see the problem. In a competitive setting I would want it as hard as possible but for home use, especially when my Wife and kids are the only others playing it, anything to make it better.

#4424 4 years ago

I lowered the outlane posts, and added a few snake letters.. reduced the sparky shots, etc. My 11 year old was playing it all weekend, thrilled with how long she was able to play. If I'm trying to be competitive, I can yank the outlane rubbers off and quickly set the factory settings back.. NBD.

#4425 4 years ago

I encourage everyone to make some adjustments to the code to allow them to progress through the game quicker and to get further into the game. These aren't the scores you post as your high scores but if you haven't gotten to deep into the game yet you are really missing out on when this game really takes off. To me MET is a pretty boring game UNTIL you start stacking modes together and things get going. At that point it's AMAZING. I'm not saying to make it so easy you get to EOL without effort but if you aren't making it to the 2nd or 3rd CIU on a good game for you then adjust it up a bit.

Again, these aren't the high scores to post but I promise you you'll have a lot of fun. Plus getting a taste of what else the game has to offer will motivate you even more to get better so that you can see it more often.

#4426 4 years ago

That is exactly why I changed mine. My high score with stock setting is 311 million and I can hit 2, maybe 3 CIU modes in one good game. My wife on the other hand, doesn't hit 1 CIU mode in stock settings. With the adjusted settings she can hit most of the multiball modes and at least 1 CIU on a good game and she enjoys it. To me that's what it's all about, enjoying the game.

#4427 4 years ago

Carrying over everything from ball to ball makes it a better experience for a player of my skill level. The game still kicks my ass regularly but I get some nice games mixed in.

#4428 4 years ago

Guys all of the sudden my graveyard area does stop and hold the ball when I first start that mode like it used to. But later during mode play the magnet will hold the ball so I can try to get the super jackpot. Any thoughts on why this would start happening? And around the same time I have two or three times had the ball stop for the lock when the hammer was supposed to nail it down and it just rolled off. This never once happened after my first several hundred games...now it's happened several times. please help

#4429 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Guys all of the sudden my graveyard area does stop and hold the ball when I first start that mode like it used to. But later during mode play the magnet will hold the ball so I can try to get the super jackpot. Any thoughts on why this would start happening? And around the same time I have two or three times had the ball stop for the lock when the hammer was supposed to nail it down and it just rolled off. This never once happened after my first several hundred games...now it's happened several times. please help

Did you try switching to new balls? Perhaps they are magnetized?

#4430 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

But later during mode play the magnet will hold the ball so I can try to get the super jackpot. Any thoughts on why this would start happening?

Mine holds the ball for the Super too....I thought that's how it was supposed to work?

#4431 4 years ago

Yeah, it holds it for the super. You then have to bash another ball up there in the graveyard hard enough to knock the ball(s) off the magnet for the Super Jackpot. If you don't hit it hard enough, both balls will stick there until the super jackpot timer expires. Frustrating sometimes when they both get stuck there and you can't shake 'em loose. Can't speak to the hammer issue, since I own a Pro.

#4432 4 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

until the super jackpot timer expires.

I think the ball search releases them as well. But yeah, by then the timer is pretty much done. I kind of like it this way actually. Not only do you need to hit it, you need to hit it hard...

#4433 4 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Yeah, it holds it for the super. You then have to bash another ball up there in the graveyard hard enough to knock the ball(s) off the magnet for the Super Jackpot. If you don't hit it hard enough, both balls will stick there until the super jackpot timer expires. Frustrating sometimes when they both get stuck there and you can't shake 'em loose. Can't speak to the hammer issue, since I own a Pro.

Holding both balls happened to me last week. I was laughing at how irritating it was. Made it up on the next game by doing it correctly. Love my Pro!

#4434 4 years ago

Have any longtime owners noticed inlane wear from the balls dropping down out of the ramps? I never gave this any though until reading about it in the Star Trek owners thread. My Metallica wasn't showing wear, but the drop is basically the same so I just added the same Cliffy slot protectors I put on Star Trek.

#4435 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Have any longtime owners noticed inlane wear from the balls dropping down out of the ramps?

Got an older Met pro and I placed ball drop mylar down at the same time I installed the pinbits plastic protectors. No wear and it looks invisible.

#4436 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Have any longtime owners noticed inlane wear from the balls dropping down out of the ramps? I never gave this any though until reading about it in the Star Trek owners thread. My Metallica wasn't showing wear, but the drop is basically the same so I just added the same Cliffy slot protectors I put on Star Trek.

I have both games. My MET is still perfect while my ST shows a VERY small amount of wear. wouldn't worry about it on MET. ST is more likely to have an issue as that is basically all there is to that game. Shoot the ramps. In Met I'm not going for the ramps all to often.

In one game of MET I may shoot the ramps a couple dozen times. In a good game on ST I'm hitting the ramps a couple hundred times.

#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I have both games. My MET is still perfect while my ST shows a VERY small amount of wear. wouldn't worry about it on MET. ST is more likely to have an issue as that is basically all there is to that game. Shoot the ramps. In Met I'm not going for the ramps all to often.
In one game of MET I may shoot the ramps a couple dozen times. In a good game on ST I'm hitting the ramps a couple hundred times.

Very true.
Lady Justice is a fun mode but not something I am trying for.
To many other important shots on Met.

#4438 4 years ago

Happy Thursday, Met fans!
HetSalad.jpg

#4439 4 years ago

0a3ee37b60525ec4c13c0ebc01e827f8.jpg

#4440 4 years ago

On my pro the autolauncher is to weak to get the ball on the playfield about 2/3's of the time and the other 1/3 it fires the ball as it should. Everything seems normal but I'm guessing I'm missing something. Any suggestions? Charlie

#4441 4 years ago
Quoted from Iaintnobodydork:

On my pro the autolauncher is to weak to get the ball on the playfield about 2/3's of the time and the other 1/3 it fires the ball as it should. Everything seems normal but I'm guessing I'm missing something. Any suggestions? Charlie

There are some issues with the autolaunch mechanism on newer Sterns becoming sloppy and weaker over time - there are a few solutions documented in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-please-acdc-autofire-plunger-getting-weaker-and-weaker

#4442 4 years ago
Quoted from Iaintnobodydork:

I thought it was earlier in this thread (but I can't find it now), someone mentioned loosening the bracket for the auto-launcher, adjusting it so that it is striking the direct center of the ball, and then re-tightening everything back up.

edit: dmieczko beat me to the punch

#4443 4 years ago

Thanks dmieczko! Lots of good info there.

#4444 4 years ago

METALLICA COLORDMD 3.1 UPDATE!

ColorDMD has released the Metallica ColorDMD 3.1 update. The update adds color to the new Combo Champion screen (added in the 1.64 game release) and new coloring for Competition Mode.

The MET 3.1 ROM update is now available for download from our SUPPORT site.
http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Metallica.png

#4445 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Only protection on my Premium is the mantis scoop protector, and a bit of mylar in shooter lane.
nothing around magnets or the ball drop areas. Everything is still fine after owning for a year and 3 months. Have some dimples around the sparky magnet, but that stopped happening when I installed "Rick's" sparky protector, no more air balls up there. I just think people go overkill on these protectors. Key thing is, keep it waxed real good in all high ball traffic areas, replace balls, and keep the magnets level with the playfield. I have experienced having to change out the magnet board (yes it was already a updated board that failed) once and the main CPU board had to be changed, all covered by Stern even after my warranty expired. I had to change the CPU board cuz the sound just all the sudden quit, Chaz at Stern said contact your distributor and we will get you new one. All is well so far, that was 7 months ago.

#4446 4 years ago

Glad to hear its still going well Jeff!

#4447 4 years ago

Anyone else having problems with the combo champion screen only being properly colorized sometimes with the new ColorDMD rom? For me it is sometimes the solid color it was before the update, other times colored properly. I am going to re-update the ROM, just kind of weird.

#4448 4 years ago

We're on it. The PRO seems to reverse the Combo Champion artwork at times. Should be fixed this weekend in another update.

#4449 4 years ago

Of all the color DMD's MET is my fave! Great dots and great colorization DMOD.

#4450 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Of all the color DMD's MET is my fave! Great dots and great colorization DMOD.

Sure is but now I'd like to see a 4X one like the MMR LE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 16878 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside