IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 433.
#4351 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Several distributors got notice from Stern today that Met Premium Monster will be run again shortly... I am hoping they do a roadcase as well.

Definitely true. My distributor confirmed today. Shipping early September. Should be a monsters edition with new cabinet art. I'm considering selling my pro to upgrade. I heard they won't be making anymore pros also.

#4352 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

how does this look?

Is it possible/would you be willing to share this so it can be used to replace the two frames that display blackened? Please?

Gabe

#4353 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Definitely true. My distributor confirmed today. Should be a monsters edition with new cabinet art.

New cabinet art <perk> different could be good! Anyone have more details on this?

#4354 8 years ago

Looks like some nice used met pros are hitting the market at great prices as people upgrade to the premium. Premiums are out of my price range but It looks like the perfect time to move something out of my line up and snatch up a pro.

#4355 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

New cabinet art <perk> different could be good! Anyone have more details on this?

My guess is the decal on the speaker panel that didn't come on the earlier run.

#4356 8 years ago

My guess, maybe the new cabinet art? I got this pic off Dirty Donny's FB page, its his monster premium.

11828781_1058702967475782_2522165278686228811_n.jpg11828781_1058702967475782_2522165278686228811_n.jpg

#4357 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

My guess, maybe the new cabinet art? I got this pic off Dirty Donny's FB page, its his monster premium.

11828781_1058702967475782_2522165278686228811_n.jpg

Sweet!
I would buy that!

#4358 8 years ago

That's his one off

#4359 8 years ago

Had my first stuck ball on this machine. Took a few to realize where it went!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4360 8 years ago

I just did something I've never done before. Started Seek & Destroy AND Coffin MB with one shot to the captive ball!

#4361 8 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Is it possible/would you be willing to share this so it can be used to replace the two frames that display blackened? Please?

Gabe

pm'ed

#4362 8 years ago

Just installed the side lights from Pinball Refinery. They look fantastic in game play. I opted for the "extra" stickers on the corner protectors and happy with how it looks.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

#4363 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Just installed the side lights from Pinball Refinery. They look fantastic in game play. I opted for the "extra" stickers on the corner protectors and happy with how it looks.

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg image_3.jpg

Don't they make the blades just kick ass.

#4364 8 years ago

Looks fantastic. Put it off as I wasn't sure initially. Really adds to the gameplay. Even my scores picked up.

#4365 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Looks fantastic. Put it off as I wasn't sure initially. Really adds to the gameplay. Even my scores picked up.

I switched from mirrors to those and love the way they interact with the game. Draws you in more.

#4366 8 years ago

Just watched the video on Pinball Refinery web page.
Wow. The light show on the side art is amazing on this game.

#4367 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg image_3.jpg

Your light color on the light bars looks different than mine ? Wonder if its just the camera doing it

#4369 8 years ago

Definitely true. My distributor confirmed today. Shipping early September. Should be a monsters edition with new cabinet art. I'm considering selling my pro to upgrade. I heard they won't be making anymore pros also.

Fyi. Squashing the rumor i started. Cabinet art should be the same but it will be the new metal cabinet. Im assuming the original premiums were the old style cabinet with the black speaker panel.

#4370 8 years ago

oh, mannnn...I was psyched.

#4371 8 years ago

Fyi. Squashing the rumor i started. Cabinet art should be the same but it will be the new metal cabinet. Im assuming the original premiums were the old style cabinet with the black speaker panel.

#4372 8 years ago

Stripped the playfield on Saturday & gave her a good cleaning/polishing. Re-rubbered with Titan translucent silicone rings (awesome!!), installed 4 new balls. Game played superfast...and then...during a multiball...Sparky's right foot broke off at the ankle!!!
Anyone have any suggestions for a product to reattach this? I know regular super glue won't be strong enough with the impacts that his feet get. What can I use that will successfully bond resin back together with enough strength and impact resistance?

#4373 8 years ago

Would anyone be able to tell if you just put a screw from the bottom of his foot up into his leg? Maybe that and some glue.

#4374 8 years ago

Yikes. I never under stood why that target didnt go in front of his feet more. Hope you find a solution.

Maybe a small pin/rod drilled into both pieces and then glued up?

#4375 8 years ago

Might work. I guess it's more like the front two thirds of his right foot. Maybe I could drill through the back of his heel and put a screw in there. Thanks Hougie. Wanted to explore other options before I screw Sparky, though.

#4376 8 years ago

Poor Sparky is screwed no matter what he does.

#4377 8 years ago

Yeah. He's sitting down, so he doesn't really need his feet anyway, right?

#4378 8 years ago

I dunno about screws... Depending how small the piece is it might split, or crack. http://www.amazon.com/Bond-Repair-Small-Bonding-Adhesive/dp/B003YI421I

#4379 8 years ago

That stuffs my suggestion. It's sandable and paintable I believe. Buddy fixed a cracked rim on his razor with it and it even held air while on the trail. no b.s.

#4380 8 years ago

As the band says, " he's fucked now"

#4382 8 years ago

Personally, I wouldn't even attempt a fix though without removing sparky completely. Real drag man sorry to hear about this. I've often wondered myself if there was a chance that could happen. I'd be interested in pics both of damage and to see how it turns out.. If your spark's stock it might even be good timing to go custom

#4383 8 years ago
Quoted from z28dan:

» YouTube video

So this works, cool! I posted a thread in the Mustang forum. Did you have to do any modifications to make it work?

#4384 8 years ago

Just took the plunge and put down the money to trade in my Met Pro LED toward a new run of the premium. Should be here in 3 weeks.

Have almost the cost of a LE into the thing, but MET has become my favorite pin in the last 2 months since I got the pro and I wanted all the extras of the premium.

Funny too cause prior to the pin I wasn't even that big of a fan of the band. I got the S&M album for my 13th birthday and that was my only exposure or knowledge of the group prior to the pin. Lot has changed over 2 months

#4385 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So this works, cool! I posted a thread in the Mustang forum. Did you have to do any modifications to make it work?

It will work off the left spinner plug and play, but the spinner plays a base drum sound. Doesn't make sense. I hooked to the fuel target switch but I had to unsolder the green wires and install a diode. No problem for me, but those challenged by a soldering iron, definitely not plug and play.
But it is wicked cool to hear the top fuel dragster rev up and see it on the tach!

#4386 8 years ago

I will definitely remove Sparky completely before attempting any repair. Removed him while cleaning the playfield on Saturday, so I know how easy it is. Think I might try the epoxy route before any pins or screws. A small pin with epoxy does sound like a good idea, though.
foot.jpgfoot.jpg

#4387 8 years ago

On the upside, the nice shiny playfield and the new Titan rings look fantastic!!
titan.jpgtitan.jpg

#4388 8 years ago

You'd think Stern would have Sparkys people could buy for cases like this. Send them this picture and ask them. Ya never know till ya try.

#4389 8 years ago
Quoted from z28dan:

It will work off the left spinner plug and play, but the spinner plays a base drum sound. Doesn't make sense. I hooked to the fuel target switch but I had to unsolder the green wires and install a diode. No problem for me, but those challenged by a soldering iron, definitely not plug and play.
But it is wicked cool to hear the top fuel dragster rev up and see it on the tach!

That's definitely worth a diode install to get it inline with the REV of that target shot. I'm not thrilled with where you placed it tho....seems to far from the actual target shot. I'm guessing it wouldn't fit anywhere a tad closer??

#4390 8 years ago

It will fit over the fuel stand ups, I have this machine in my rv and have limited access to my shop.
A small steel bracket, and this tach will be mounted over or around the fuel targets.

#4391 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You'd think Stern would have Sparkys people could buy for cases like this. Send them this picture and ask them. Ya never know till ya try.

Marco has Sparky's in stock again. I had thought about picking one up as a spare but just can't justify the $$$ for a part I may never need.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7810-00

#4392 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Marco has Sparky's in stock again. I had thought about picking one up as a spare but just can't justify the $$$ for a part I may never need.

Yeah, $250 to remedy a broken foot is just a bit out of my price range. I'm going to go the epoxy route and see how that holds up. Thanks for the info, though, Vett!

#4393 8 years ago

From my experience, epoxy will not hold on anything that the ball actually contacts. Works great on other stuff.

#4394 8 years ago

Have had my NIB Metallica since July 4th weekend. Haven't played it in the last 4 weeks, so it has not seen much play at all. Last night, sparky was only registering hits with direct contact to the target between his feet. Isn't there an a beam in front of him that if it gets "broken" it registers a hit as well? I was pretty sure it did that before vacation. Didn't have time to mess with anything last night cause it was late. Any ideas? Thanks

#4395 8 years ago

Yes, there is an opto that senses ball near feet. You can test it in switch test mode with the glass off.

#4396 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7810-00

Thanks, I didn't know that.

#4397 8 years ago

That stuffs specifically for plastic, not your typical epoxy. Adding a pin would also be a good idea. Just make sure the surface is clean. And it might even be a good idea to scuff it lightly.. To
Further aid in adhesion, but at the same time I'd want it to be as exact a fit as possibly so roughing the surface without distorting it could be a challenge. It is almost an instant bond so be careful and precise. I'd reccomend trials before grabbing the bull by the horns. Snap a plastic ruler in half and fix it etc.

#4398 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Have had my NIB Metallica since July 4th weekend. Haven't played it in the last 4 weeks, so it has not seen much play at all. Last night, sparky was only registering hits with direct contact to the target between his feet. Isn't there an a beam in front of him that if it gets "broken" it registers a hit as well? I was pretty sure it did that before vacation. Didn't have time to mess with anything last night cause it was late. Any ideas? Thanks

I had the same issue. I had a fried opto board. Just follow the wires that go to the sparky feet optos. I could see plain as day on mine that there was a fried component. Not exactly sure what it was. I happened to have a NASCAR pin that used the same board. I swapped for testing purposes and it worked, so I ordered a replacement. I would check there. But...first things first....make sure the opto connectors are tight and try to re-seat them. Good luck!

#4399 8 years ago

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU Stern for not including a physical manual with my met pro. And even better, your on line manual doesn't have any of the game adjustments listed. You suck. Not cool.

Now with that out of the way, can someone please tell me which adjustment reduces the number of hits needed to light the first band member pick? I am looking in the menu and it's hard to tell which one is the right one for this setting.

Thanks in advance. I'd love to see Blackened some day and the default setting makes that pretty much impossible.

#4400 8 years ago

Never mind, finally figured it out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.