IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 433.
#4301 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I hope that you have them bolted to the floor/wall really well, otherwise your MET is going to fall and smash your JM to pieces!

That would be unfortunate - my JM is the rare gold edition and playing Johnny made me a better player to prepare for the MET!

#4302 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

That would be unfortunate - my JM is the rare gold edition and playing Johnny made me a better player to prepare for the MET!

I have a rare gold JM too! It does complement metallica well I have to say, both are very fast. I do find nudging to be easier/more effective on metallica though. I need to get better nudging JM.

#4303 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Sorry - thought I did - just too excited about playing My MET It's fixed now!

I know what's that like.

#4304 8 years ago

Has anyone looked into the possibility of adding the rising grave marker from the premium/LE's into a pro? Marco now has the whole unit in stock, I'd be curious to know if there is a way to make it work or if someone knows what the limitations are. i.e. - wiring, code, etc.

#4305 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Has anyone looked into the possibility of adding the rising grave marker from the premium/LE's into a pro?

My guess is that it would be quite difficult, but wow it would be cool.

#4306 8 years ago

It would probably be doable with a microcontroller monitoring the magnet and/or lamp states, but for the cost of the mechanism and the work to do it, I would not even bother. It's the most non-feature addition on the Prem/LE - and I have Premium so I'm allowed to say that

#4307 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Sorry - thought I did - just too excited about playing My MET It's fixed now!

and now my sarcastic comment doesn't make any sense! darn you Pinterest!!!!!

#4308 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The biggest help here, for me at least, will be if you have standard or superband rubbers. With standard I can hit it pretty easily. Games with SB's I can't hit it at all.

I have no issues hitting the Fuel lane from cradle or with a moving ball with superbands. I've been trying to think of a technical reason it might impact the shot but can't come up with any, outside of a misaligned flipper.

#4309 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I have no issues hitting the Fuel lane from cradle or with a moving ball with superbands. I've been trying to think of a technical reason it might impact the shot but can't come up with any, outside of a misaligned flipper.

Are your SB clean and or new? They are much stickier than standard rubber unless dirty. The stickyness effects the point at which the flipper needs to be pressed in order to make a shot that is that low on the flipper. Also, some games just seem to be tougher than others with some shots. I can assure you the flipper alignment is not the difference/issue as the game was played with the same alignments. I had superbands on the game for about 3 months. Took them off as SB messed up all my angles when I went to play in tournaments as the points of release are different.

#4310 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I've been trying to think of a technical reason it might impact the shot but can't come up with any, outside of a misaligned flipper.

Superbands tend to require a 'later' shot than standard rubber in my experience. My belief is that the stickier surface better prevents 'slip' between the ball and the rubber. In addition the much harder durometer definitely has less 'spring', and more 'fling' which gets the ball off the rubber a fraction of a second sooner, preventing slip/roll on the flipper itself even more. This all adds up to harder and faster shots that tend to be predominantly 'earlier' than before superbands.

ie - When I switch a machine to super bands I typically shoot a hair too early. This can make flipper-tip shots a bit more finicky in my experience as you have to wait even longer shooting something like the FUEL lane.

I will say I notice it differently on different games. ie - I hate them on Metallica, and I find them almost unnoticeable on TRON.

#4311 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Are your SB clean and or new? They are much stickier than standard rubber unless dirty. The stickyness effects the point at which the flipper needs to be pressed in order to make a shot that is that low on the flipper. Also, some games just seem to be tougher than others with some shots. I can assure you the flipper alignment is not the difference/issue as the game was played with the same alignments. I had superbands on the game for about 3 months. Took them off as SB messed up all my angles when I went to play in tournaments as the points of release are different.

I've had them on for a year, but I don't remember that they made that shot more difficult even after installation. You may be right that dirty rubber lets the ball slip a little on a flip, but at that point I might consider adjusting the flipper angle, I've had games where an improper angle on a flipper definitely changes the shot difficulty. Or just rub some dirt on it? I may switch back to the original rubber at some point just to compare. It's also noteworthy that the original uses black rubber, which is harder than red, and the SB is harder than black. All 3 will offer slightly different experiences, not sure if one is worse than the other, but matching to your on location game is likely the best way to go.

#4312 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Has anyone looked into the possibility of adding the rising grave marker from the premium/LE's into a pro? Marco now has the whole unit in stock, I'd be curious to know if there is a way to make it work or if someone knows what the limitations are. i.e. - wiring, code, etc.

The Total Lightshow board will trigger it. I already have it coded for the start of grave MB, and there is a spare power output on the board. The board won't be able to supply current to drive the motor though, just switch it.

#4313 8 years ago

I was about to say that TimeBandit would probably have the start of grave mb worked out and would be the guy to talk to. You are the mastaaaaa

#4314 8 years ago

All right now. Ya'll quit taking away my LE features

JKing of course. Hopefully that is easy enough to do as it's a pretty cool feature.

#4315 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The Total Lightshow board will trigger it.

NICE!! People say its a non feature but for some reason, i think it's really cool....

#4316 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

NICE!! People say its a non feature but for some reason, i think it's really cool....

Because it's already half out of the playfield before activating, and rises like an inch, all while I'm instead watching the sweet DMD dots. If it fully hid below the playfield it would be substantially better.

Cool to hear Timebandit's board will enable it, but it's one of the least impactful mechanisms I've seen in a modern machine. It's a lot of mechanism for very little effect.

#4317 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

It's a lot of mechanism for very little effect.

I somewhat agree. it's still a really cool effect, but had they made it a square tombstone, it could have been hidden all of the way "under the playfield" (acting like a rollover target), with a switch behind it that could have triggered raising it. the assy could have still doubled like it does (w/ the switch inside it) to trigger hitting "it" for the magnet lock feature.

and yeah, I've got ADD so I've picked up a ton of "back-up" parts for my monster premium including the graveyard marker and disappearing ball assy's. it's amazing how heavy both of those mechanisms are

#4318 8 years ago

It's all very subjective, people change out LED's to different colors for "very little effect," but still do it because they like it (myself included.) I think we all know that whatever mods we do to the machine likely won't increase the value any, it's all about personal taste and how deep your pockets are.

I definitely like the idea of the cross being hidden all the way, but I also like thinking about it as a little square sticking out of the mud a little that once activated the lightning comes down (like in the DMD) and makes the cross rise from the dead!

Either way, I'm buying time bandits kit already.. and it's just another reason why everyone with a pro should own one.

#4319 8 years ago

I actually like the feature. Gives a feeling of accomplishment to the shot. How hard would it be to make a 3d cover that flips up from the backside of say a rock or broken tombstone to cover it? That way it would truly appear out of nowhere :edit: I just sent a pm to mezel about this fingers crossed

#4320 8 years ago

20150805_081113.jpg20150805_081113.jpg

My 9 year old son did this the other day while I was at work. Said he was playing for like 30 minutes. Wish I could have been there. I told him he is the first billionaire I know of.

#4321 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

20150805_081113.jpg
My 9 year old son did this the other day while I was at work. Said he was playing for like 30 minutes. Wish I could have been there. I told him he is the first billionaire I know of.

Does he have the keys?

#4322 8 years ago

I won't thumbs down that post, but I don't believe it.

#4323 8 years ago

Ok - so I really want a pair of these - did anyone pick up a set and not use them or get an extra they would sell?

flipperprotect1.jpgflipperprotect1.jpg

#4324 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Ok - so I really want a pair of these - did anyone pick up a set and not use them or get an extra they would sell?
flipperprotect1.jpg

does anyone not search any more before asking? this took me all of 10 seconds to find with a google search. geez people
http://bfy.tw/1Bxa
or
http://pin-protection.com/index.php/products/product/show/6-metallica-skull-flipper-button-protectors

#4325 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

does anyone not search any more before asking? this took me all of 10 seconds to find with a google search. geez people
or
http://pin-protection.com/index.php/products/product/show/6-metallica-skull-flipper-button-protectors

Who pissed in your cereal?

#4326 8 years ago

20150805_081113.jpg

Yeah no. Especially not in 30 minutes. (Not with the glass on) Should talk to him about the importance of telling the truth. Might be a simple lesson with this pinball that might really help lots when he gets to his teens.

#4327 8 years ago

I'm going to assume it's true as I'm trying to think the best. Under that assumption that is an, dare I say it on pinside......, EPIC game. My high score is 700K and I left points on the table by only completing 3 CIU modes. If you blow up your CIU's it's definitely possible to achieve that in that timeline.

Either way, it's awesome that you and your son can share the passion together.

#4328 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm going to assume it's true as I'm trying to think the best. Under that assumption that is an, dare I say it on pinside......, EPIC game. My high score is 700K and I left points on the table by only completing 3 CIU modes. If you blow up your CIU's it's definitely possible to achieve that in that timeline.
Either way, it's awesome that you and your son can share the passion together.

I think you meant 700M?

#4329 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

The "M" is for "Mike"

Working on the Sparky animations for Rens at the moment; he want's a green Sparky. What does the "Four Horsemen" text look like? This?
432368-i.png432368-i.png

how does this look?

MET-4 horsemen.jpgMET-4 horsemen.jpg

#4330 8 years ago

Looks fantastic! Far more artistic than i could do... Only suggestion i could make would be to lower the horizontal part of the H a bit. But that is a nit pick.

Awesome work!

#4331 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

or

Yeah dipsh*t - I did search - paid for a pair - money was refunded. They are out of stock and he is not making more.

#4332 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

how does this look?
MET-4 horsemen.jpg

It looks pretty damn good to me. I'll get it added to the master macro file.

Ok, my turn JM..... How does this look:

Spiderman apron.pngSpiderman apron.png
Spider cutout.pngSpider cutout.png

No worries, an MET apron is coming

#4333 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Yeah dipsh*t - I did search - paid for a pair - money was refunded. They are out of stock and he is not making more.

before you go off on me, at least I was trying to help you out. no where did you say that you had already attempted to order from them, did you? nice social skills

#4334 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think you meant 700M?

Yes, of course I meant million. 700K would be a pretty crappy game.

Quoted from j_m_:

before you go off on me, at least I was trying to help you out. no where did you say that you had already attempted to order from them, did you? nice social skills

Pot calling the kettle black much? You made an assumption he didn't try to search and attacked him for it. He then attacked you back and yet you are calling out his social skills? Both attacks were completely unnecessary but all that could have been avoided by you posting -

"Here is the info you are looking for. To save yourself some time, next time you can try to search for it via the pinside archives or (in this case) google. I typed in "______" in my search which brought it up." Instead you tried to make him look either lazy or like an idiot. That is when people tend to get protective and lash out.

#4335 8 years ago

thinking of getting a shaker for my metallica. Are all shakers the same? is there one better than the other? How does the one at marco compare?

#4336 8 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

thinking of getting a shaker for my Metallica. Are all shakers the same? is there one better than the other? How does the one at marco compare?

I would go with the official stern rev. b shaker. Pinball life has a good price on it.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1352

Don't get caught up in "more shake = better". It's not. The stern motor gives plenty of rumble. I would be surprised to hear anyone say they wished it had more.

#4337 8 years ago

I got one with the game from cointaker, it is awesome, and once you have it you never really notice it? idk just seems normal now. I like it!

#4338 8 years ago

I have the cointaker one as well, tightening up the bolt above the shaker motor is absolutely necessary. You will learn which parts in the machine aren't torqued down to tolerance very quickly. (i.e. the plate under the cross targets.) Electrical tape is your friend and can help reduce the speaker grill, backglass and playfield glass vibration. Also, make sure the clips on either side of the playfield are actually securing the playfield.. Otherwise, it will sound like the outside of a honda civics trunk with 2 15" subwoofers blasting dubstep. BRRRRRRRP!

#4339 8 years ago

I have the cointaker shaker and love it.

#4340 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

It looks pretty damn good to me. I'll get it added to the master macro file.
Ok, my turn JM..... How does this look:
Spiderman apron.png
Spider cutout.png
No worries, an MET apron is coming

Wow that is really nice Mike!

#4341 8 years ago

Looks like a new run of Met Premiums is confirmed.. The game is too damn good to not make more!

#4342 8 years ago

My METLE topper when all the lights go out. Did anyone else realize it Glows?
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4343 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

My social and communication skills are just fine.

I find it hilarious that you believe you are a victim.

You were the one making assumptions about me and prefacing your "helpful" comments with rude and cutting ones.

To clarify - I did NOT ask "can you please search google to find these for me because I am too stupid or too lazy."

What I did ask was "did anyone pick up an extra set they didn't use and would sell." Do you have a pair for sale?

My suggestion is that if you genuinely wish to be helpful in the future you do so with a kind heart and helpful spirit instead of prefacing your "help" with rude and cutting remarks - or better yet - just don't post anything if you have no relevant information to share.

Please accept my sincere apology for my reaction - I do realize that the written word is very precise and not everyone has the capacity to master it's nuances. I accept the possibility that I misinterpreted your intent and will comment no further about it.

#4344 8 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

thinking of getting a shaker for my Metallica. Are all shakers the same? is there one better than the other? How does the one at marco compare?

I have no basis of comparison - but have the Stern shaker and it's plenty powerful.

#4345 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Looks like a new run of Met Premiums is confirmed.. The game is too damn good to not make more!

Source? I didn't see anything on Sterns site or on their facebook site unless I just missed it.

#4346 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Source? I didn't see anything on Sterns site or on their facebook site unless I just missed it.

Several distributors got notice from Stern today that Met Premium Monster will be run again shortly... I am hoping they do a roadcase as well.

#4347 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Several distributors got notice from Stern today that Met Premium Monster will be run again shortly... I am hoping they do a roadcase as well.

That is excellent news!! Everyone who wants one should have a MET - it IS a great machine!

#4348 8 years ago

I asked cointaker when I was about to order the pro....UGH..well the pro is fine.....

#4349 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I do realize that the written word is very precise and not everyone has the capacity to master it's nuances. I accept the possibility that I misinterpreted your intent and will comment no further about it.

apology accepted and here's mine. you're absolutely correct, humor and sarcasm fall short with the written word. I was attempting to be a bit humorous because you did not indicate that you had ordered them from pin-protectors and were refunded.

I find it odd that they are still listed and you can still add them to your cart. if he's not planning on making any more, either remove them from the site or at the very least mark them as "out of stock".

#4350 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I find it odd that they are still listed and you can still add them to your cart. if he's not planning on making any more, either remove them from the site or at the very least mark them as "out of stock".

I think they're cool looking, but it seems ironic to make 6 extra holes in your cab to protect it.
Guess the button collars and rails alone weren't enough to keep them in place?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.