Topic Stats

• 17,180 posts
  • 959 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 370 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,940 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg
EB43D533-A925-4165-9D81-02CB119BFBFD (resized).jpeg
FA45EFDB-A47E-43E1-93E9-D6B9E5A82DA2 (resized).jpeg
Dp4gQ5MU4AAC7vo (resized).jpg
20200106_232456 (resized).jpg
BEC16C8D-A4E8-40D6-8096-4BD2C9E0C98C (resized).jpeg
20200106_115003 (resized).jpg
20200106_115136 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17180 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 344.
#4251 4 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Can someone explain Blackened to me?
I've read on multiple ruler sheets it involves finishing the hurry ups, but nowhere says how to start them. I have started countless coffin hurry ups, but no Blackened. Is it specific combos that light the hurry ups required for Blackened?

Nothing to do with hurry ups. You have to hit the standup targets to collect the guitar picks. Collect enough and you light a band member. Light all the band members and you start Blackened.

#4252 4 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Can someone explain Blackened to me?
I've read on multiple ruler sheets it involves finishing the hurry ups, but nowhere says how to start them. I have started countless coffin hurry ups, but no Blackened. Is it specific combos that light the hurry ups required for Blackened?

1. Shoot a kajillion pick targets to collect all band members
2. Hit a pick target to start
3. Shoot pick targets some more to collect all band members; spider arrows add time and points to SJP
4. Once you have all four members, super jackpot will light on a random spider arrow (fast flashing light purple on a premium)

#4253 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nothing to do with hurry ups. You have to hit the standup targets to collect the guitar picks. Collect enough and you light a band member. Light all the band members and you start Blackened.

Seek and Destroy, then? The one that involves hurry ups.

I have started it only once and had no idea how I got it.

#4254 4 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

New high score today with 1.64 code on 3 ball!

20150729_144304.jpg

That's a great score!

Now flip-flop those hand acrylics on the speakers. If a person were looking at you and making those hand gestures with both hands, the index fingers would be on the inside

#4255 4 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Seek and Destroy, then? The one that involves hurry ups.
I have started it only once and had no idea how I got it.

Seek and Destroy comes from locking in all the inserts. And you do do that by hitting the captive ball hurry up when you have the inserts blinking.

#4257 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

That's a great score!
Now flip-flop those hand acrylics on the speakers. If a person were looking at you and making those hand gestures with both hands, the index fingers would be on the inside

Nice catch! Actually the next mod I am going to add is a color DMD currently installed on my STTNG. Since it was purchased in 2013 and has a game-specific unique 16-bit product key I need to unlock as per their FAQ before I can flash it to Metallica. Has anyone here done this yet? I am going to give it a shot this weekend.

#4258 4 years ago

Curious....anyone know what the default setting is for the sling strength? Or what people have set theirs at? I know the snake & mystery scoop strength can be adjusted as well. I'm just curious if I should turn mine up. I don't want them too strong that they might do potential damage.

#4259 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Curious....anyone know what the default setting is for the sling strength? Or what people have set theirs at? I know the snake & mystery scoop strength can be adjusted as well. I'm just curious if I should turn mine up. I don't want them too strong that they might do potential damage.

I have never changed mine, so I am assuming they are set to defaults. I will try to remember to check what they are set to tonight.

#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If I remember... default is 32? I have mine turned down to 20 which feels perfect to me. Default was too strong.

#4261 4 years ago

For those of you that have installed the ColorDMD in your Metpro, how is easy was it to fit? Looking at mine installed in my STTNG, it does not appear to be an easy fit. Do I need extra parts?

20150729_174402.jpg

20150729_174430.jpg

#4262 4 years ago

You need a Stern Sam cable, clear plastic, and spacer kit.

#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yep, fits fine (did it on my Pro LED), though I did manage to get a small crack in my plastic shield (from ColorDMD). No leeway on the holes for the studs, and the line up wasn't 100% perfect. In the future I would make the holes a hair larger on that shield.

The older version of the pro may not use the standoffs and such though (think it's just for the new angled speaker panels).

#4264 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Dang, I may need the spacer kit since I don't see anything additional in my STTNG box.

#4265 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

The MET in the photo is an original wood speaker panel. The extra shield and spacers for the PRO LED are not required.

#4266 4 years ago

Hello, thank you for confirming. Do you have a photo of one installed on a Stern wooden panel so I can see how it's done?

#4267 4 years ago

Does this help?
image.jpgimage.jpg

#4268 4 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Hello, thank you for confirming. Do you have a photo of one installed on a Stern wooden panel so I can see how it's done?

http://www.colordmd.com/Assembly%20for%20Instructions%20SAM%20Rev3.PDF

#4269 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

All I know is I can't hit the Fuel lane. Damn that's a tough shot.

This shot seemed quite hard at first, but now I can get it from a cradle rather consistently (have only had the machine a couple days now). Slightly nudging to the left upon flipping seems to have helped me get it regularly. Not sure if it's the nudge itself, or if planning the nudge is somehow changing my timing for the better, etc. Doesn't hurt to try :p

#4270 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

This shot seemed quite hard at first, but now I can get it from a cradle rather consistently (have only had the machine a couple days now). Slightly nudging to the left upon flipping seems to have helped me get it regularly. Not sure if it's the nudge itself, or if planning the nudge is somehow changing my timing for the better, etc. Doesn't hurt to try :p

Dude, seeing your avatar reminded me. I saw a Ziltoid licence plate the other day in rural southern Indiana. I was so psyched to see some Heavy Devy love in my neck o' the woods.

Back to MET...

#4271 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Dude, seeing your Avatar reminded me. I saw a Ziltoid licence plate the other day in rural southern Indiana. I was so psyched to see some Heavy Devy love in my neck o' the woods.
Back to MET...

Indeed. One of the greatest songwriters alive in my opinion, and yet I doubt most here would know of his work. Now if only we could get a Ziltoid pin...

sigh..back to MET it is... :p

#4272 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The biggest help here, for me at least, will be if you have standard or superband rubbers. With standard I can hit it pretty easily. Games with SB's I can't hit it at all.

#4273 4 years ago

I have little probleme with my snake switch, it's doesn't work all the time.... I just notice there is no diode on that switch... Is it normal? Can someone check is snake switch to see if there is a diode

#4274 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The biggest help here, for me at least, will be if you have standard or superband rubbers. With standard I can hit it pretty easily. Games with SB's I can't hit it at all.

Just using the black rubber it shipped NIB with. I have yet to like any machine I've tried with SBs, and now I have even more reason to keep them off Metallica.

#4275 4 years ago

Installed and quickly regretted superbands on my met pro

#4276 4 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Installed and quickly regretted superbands on my met pro

Why, I'm a noob and have the rubbers from the factory installed and though about upgrading.

#4277 4 years ago

They're not bad, just different and not necessarily better. Probably just a learning curve. Low cost is low risk at least

#4278 4 years ago

Skip the superbands, if you want to go with new colors and easy cleaning use Titan competition silicone rubbers. They play like normal rubber and won't make your game feel weird. Utterly over superbands now. Just too dead and different for my tastes.

#4279 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Skip the superbands, if you want to go with new colors and easy cleaning use Titan competition silicone rubbers. They play like normal rubber and won't make your game feel weird. Utterly over superbands now. Just too dead and different for my tastes.

Indeed - the Titan rings are where it's at.

#4280 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Most important mods IMO
1) Color DMD
2) Shaker motor
3) Turn that turtle into a snake! (Fangs, Led eyes, tongue decal, undercab LEDs linked to snake lit lamp)
4) Remove the slow songs not tied to their own modes (Unforgiven, One, etc) for harder, faster tracks
5) Creeping Death UV Light Rails from Pinball Refinery

4) Remove the slow songs not tied to their own modes (Unforgiven, One, etc) for harder, faster tracks
I didn't know you could do this^^^^^..How is this possible, I would love to ad some songs?

#4281 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For the most part, pinball browser is easy. The hardest part is getting the sound levels right but even that isnt too difficult. here's some tips and tricks to help out the process:
1. Go to this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-for-getting-sound-files-ready-for-pinball-browser
2. download pinball browser from the OP's link and his suggested Audacity program for music editing.
3. Get the song you want to import into a .wav format. Tip: If you use iTunes, you can convert .aac (itunes) files to .wav in itunes! In iTunes - Go to Edit > Preferences. Click General > then click Import Settings Button. On the 'import using' change it from aac to wav and click OK to save. Then select the song you want to convert and click File > Create New Version > create as wav. Then right click your song and select find in windows explorer. You'll see two versions of the song, one is the itunes aac file and the other new wav file. Copy+Paste the wav file to your pinball browser folder or sub folder in pinball browser so you have your import/export music in a separate location than itunes.
4. Follow Dugfreez's tips in the link above from step 1 which is opening the song in Audacity and making it a 24kbps mono sound file. This is also where you can lower or raise the volume level of the song. Follow the tips though in the OP's thread above in step 1.
5. download metallicas code from sterns website and save it in a new subfolder in your pinball browser.
6. open pinball browser and open the code file. You'll see all the sound bytes, music, messages, etc... for Metallica. It'll be organized in bits not verbage so its hard to know what song is which.
TIP: pinball browser has a bookmarks button and you can look for bookmarks online for Metallica code and it'll automatically import bookmarks for all the songs.
7. Select the song you want to replace, click import, select your new altered song you made in audacity and select import. You'll get a warning pop up about the sound file has to be 24kpbs, just hit ok. You should be able to play the song now in pinball browser and it should be the imported one.
TIP: play your new song in pinball browser then play another factory song - you should be able to tell if your imported song will be much louder or lower than the other songs in the machine. When i imported The Judas Kiss it was super loud. I lowered the db's using Audacity to like -4 or -5 til i finally found a sweet spot.
8. Go to the 'Messages' Tab in pinball browser and search for the song you are replacing > i.e. RIDE THE LIGHTNING. Change the text to the new song. You only get 15 characters > im not sure what happens if you checkbox force to use longer text.
9. Save the new .BIN folder with a new name of some sort (dont use spaces) MET161LE for example.
10. Put it on a USB and update your game.
I may have missed a few steps but thats basically it. It takes some computer knowledge and a little tinkering but it really should only take you about 30 mins to do all that. Uploading it to your pin is the long part
I had to do mine twice because the sound level was so high on The Judas Kiss.

Check out this post about replacing songs.

#4282 4 years ago

That makes my week Let the fun begin

#4283 4 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I have little probleme with my snake switch, it's doesn't work all the time.... I just notice there is no diode on that switch... Is it normal? Can someone check is snake switch to see if there is a diode

My snake switch was only registering half the time or less and I hate waiting for a ball search to get it to kick out. I replaced the whole switch and it works fine. Probably just needs an adjustment to the metal arm, a little bend one way or the other. I got tired of this after having to adjust it two or three times and just put in a new switch. Works great now. Just have to make sure the plunger on the VUK can clear the edge of the switch when it fires.
180-5209-00.jpg

#4284 4 years ago

MOP #462 in the wild in Kitty Hawk NC begging to be played

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#4285 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

MOP #462 in the wild in Kitty Hawk NC begging to be played image.jpg image_1.jpg

That's on location. That's one classy place then.

#4286 4 years ago

I notice my coffin block doesn't always register hits during play, while it is otherwise very sensitive depending upon where the block is hit, so I'm either going to have to tune it up or swap it out for a newton ball. How much does the newton assembly decrease the ball landing on the magnet for capture?

#4287 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

How much does the newton assembly decrease the ball landing on the magnet for capture

It doesn't. There is only upside to installing the ball. One of the great factory mysteries that stupid block.

#4288 4 years ago

Agreed, newton ball is better. Even Borg has admitted it. It's an easy swap, totally worth it, makes the game way more fun.

I swapped my regular newton ball for a powerball, I felt like I was having a little bit of interference with the magnet. Ceramic ball isn't affected. Plus it looks cool.

#4289 4 years ago

Aurich, can you post a pic of the powerball in the Game.

#4290 4 years ago

Is anyone still making the light up eyes for the snake head?

#4291 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Aurich, can you post a pic of the powerball in the Game.

Sure thing, here you go.

Metallica LE with powerball.

#4292 4 years ago

That is bad ass looking thanks for the pic and future idea!

#4293 4 years ago

image.jpg

Had a monster game this afternoon. 95M on Enter Sandman CIU alone. Getting to End Of The Line is gonna take an eternity to reach it feels like. I've yet to start a 3rd CIU.

#4294 4 years ago

Wow! Made the feature changes as outlined by someone here (cant find the post now but it basically changes alot of the modes/multis to 10 instead of 15 and holds them over between balls). I scored 196M which is about 4X my prior high score...It was a crazy multiball-fest though. Really felt like i was just mashing buttons for a good portion of the game...

May need to throttle it back a little...!

#4295 4 years ago

Awesome! New member in the club!!!

image.jpg

Metallica in the house / T2 relegated to the garage until all finished!

#4296 4 years ago

I hope that you have them bolted to the floor/wall really well, otherwise your MET is going to fall and smash your JM to pieces!

#4297 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Awesome! New member in the club!!!
image.jpg
Metallica in the house / T2 relegated to the garage until all finished!

You do know you can rotate pictures now by selecting rotate after you download the picture.

#4298 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You do know you can rotate pictures now by selecting rotate after you download the picture.

I did not.... good to know!

#4300 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry - thought I did - just too excited about playing My MET It's fixed now!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 17180 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 344.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside