IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 433.
#4201 8 years ago

I'm experiencing ball over during game play recently. I'm thinking it's a switch issue, but can't point to anything in particular.
During game play, the flippers will die as if the ball drained. I've seen it happen while holding a ball on the left flipper and/or the right flipper, along with various shots during game play. It's weird. I can have a ball in play and the game thinks the ball drained. Any ideas on where I should look first?

Thanks in advance.

#4202 8 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

I'm experiencing ball over during game play recently. I'm thinking it's a switch issue, but can't point to anything in particular.
During game play, the flippers will die as if the ball drained. I've seen it happen while holding a ball on the left flipper and/or the right flipper, along with various shots during game play. It's weird. I can have a ball in play and the game thinks the ball drained. Any ideas on where I should look first?
Thanks in advance.

Check your trough switch connector...reseat it that should solve your issue

Phoebe

#4203 8 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Check your trough switch connector...reseat it that should solve your issue

I completely missed the obvious. Thanks for rebooting my brain.

#4204 8 years ago

I had exact same problem with my tron. I ended up finding a very small strand of wire from one of the soldered joint that could touch the one next door. Had to look close. removed it and solved the problem.

#4205 8 years ago

Finally joined the club this weekend! And my first NIB purchase MET LED Pro Custom Pinball Refinery Edition....all I can say is WOW! Steve did an incredible job building this pin. I am completely blown away! Awesome gameplay & increadibly fast with a new coat of wax & those translucent silicone rubbers/superbands. It's a rush!

If anyone is interested.....I created another thread posting some more photos, describing all the upgrades installed & also posted some nice gameplay video. This might be the finest MET Pro out there Thanks again Steve! Enjoy!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-1st-nib-met-led-pro-pinball-refinery-edition-22#post-2586877

IMG_8983.JPGIMG_8983.JPG

#4206 8 years ago

I played one of these in Oviedo a few weeks back and really liked it. Picking up a stock MET Premium Monsters next week! My first Stern pin - I've always been a Williams / Bally / Gottlieb guy but really looking forward to this one.

I plan to pickup a set of Cliffys, a playfield protector, and the skull button protectors first thing.

After that - if you had to rank the MODs available for this title - what would you get first, second, third.. etc?

#4207 8 years ago

Might as well post that video link here as well.

#4208 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

if you had to rank the MODs available for this title - what would you get first, second, third.. etc?

Most important mods IMO

1) Color DMD
2) Shaker motor
3) Turn that turtle into a snake! (Fangs, Led eyes, tongue decal, undercab LEDs linked to snake lit lamp)
4) Remove the slow songs not tied to their own modes (Unforgiven, One, etc) for harder, faster tracks
5) Creeping Death UV Light Rails from Pinball Refinery

#4209 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Most important mods IMO
1) Color DMD
2) Shaker motor
3) Turn that turtle into a snake! (Fangs, Led eyes, tongue decal, undercab LEDs linked to snake lit lamp)
4) Remove the slow songs not tied to their own modes (Unforgiven, One, etc) for harder, faster tracks
5) Creeping Death UV Light Rails from Pinball Refinery

Subwoofer is #1 for me!

#4210 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Finally joined the club this weekend! And my first NIB purchase MET LED Pro Custom Pinball Refinery Edition....all I can say is WOW! Steve did an incredible job building this pin. I am completely blown away! Awesome gameplay & increadibly fast with a new coat of wax & those translucent silicone rubbers/superbands. It's a rush!
If anyone is interested.....I created another thread posting some more photos, describing all the upgrades installed & also posted some nice gameplay video. This might be the finest MET Pro out there Thanks again Steve! Enjoy!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-1st-nib-met-led-pro-pinball-refinery-edition-22#post-2586877
IMG_8983.JPG

Congrats.

#4211 8 years ago

has anybody noticed that it is harder than heck to score with the new code? I can't even break 100 mil anymore

#4212 8 years ago

There's nothing in the new code that should make it harder to score big. The only major change should make it a little easier to get to 2nd and 3rd CIU modes. You know what Steve Ritchie would say.......Play Better!

#4213 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You know what Steve Ritchie would say.......Play Better!

yah yah . i had put up 420 mil 2 times until the new code, now i can't even break 100 mil. i started do or die on IM the other day on ball 1, so i know i can play...sometimes .

#4214 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

has anybody noticed that it is harder than heck to score with the new code? I can't even break 100 mil anymore

uhhh, I can't even get to 100mil, so no

#4215 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

uhhh, I can't even get to 100mil, so no

You are not alone. My best is 98M. lol

#4216 8 years ago

192,000,000 on new code & I don't even own the game. Play better.

#4217 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

192,000,000 on new code & I don't even own the game

I play about 2 games a week on metallica on location, I used to put over 100 mil on 1-2 games and walk away. I was hoping to get some rules/strategic information from anyone else that finds the new scoring system strange....play better is easier to say I suppose. I will 'play better' in both pinball and life from now on.

#4218 8 years ago

Hi guys quick question

Does met pro LED use rgb effects in the inserts? (Colors change based on shots or modes etc)

#4220 8 years ago

New Metallica games made from May/June going forward have the new stern coin doors that basically are the same as the Jjp doors. I shifted gears and now have those new style plates for the new doors with our PinPac 2 and PinPac 2 Mac headphones kits... Will be interesting to see if they keep that style door like they are on the new spike system... All headphone kits now come with built in sub out hook ups. thanks,
Lorenzo
image.jpgimage.jpg

#4221 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Might as well post that video link here as well.
» YouTube video

Theres something strange about your game. The lit spider shot stays the same regardless of what shot you hit. Maybe its old code, or?

#4222 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Theres something strange about your game. The lit spider shot stays the same regardless of what shot you hit. Maybe its old code, or?

I only watched the first 3 minutes but everything looks normal to me. Great looking game BTW!

#4223 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Hi guys quick question
Does met pro LED use rgb effects in the inserts? (Colors change based on shots or modes etc)

No. It just uses white LEDs instead of incandescent bulbs. Otherwise it's the same thing.

#4224 8 years ago

FYI, Hooked is finalizing a run of spinners for us met pro owners. I think there is only 1 maybe 2 slots left in the current run, so if you wanted to get it, better let him know soon!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-hkd-metallica-pro-with-add-on-spinners

#4225 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No. It just uses white LEDs instead of incandescent bulbs. Otherwise it's the same thing.

Thanks! do prems or le's do the rgb thing?

#4226 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I only watched the first 3 minutes but everything looks normal to me. Great looking game BTW!

I rewatched some. it doesn't start acting funny until after crank it up around 14:00

#4227 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I rewatched some. it doesn't start acting funny until after crank it up around 14:00

I think it stayed on the left loop cause hed already locked in the left ramp, grave, and right loop seek and destroy hurry ups.. Only time it would move was either to the right ramp or back to the left loop.

#4228 8 years ago

All I know is I can't hit the Fuel lane. Damn that's a tough shot.

#4229 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

All I know is I can't hit the Fuel lane. Damn that's a tough shot.

Try hitting it on the fly after a right ramp. Not only does that combo score an increasing jackpot, but it can be easier to hit that way. Sad, but true.

#4230 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Try hitting it on the fly after a right ramp. Not only does that combo score an increasing jackpot, but it can be easier to hit that way. Sad, but true.

I feel the same way about the left ramp. For me much easier to hit on the fly. If I had a dollar for every time I hit the left ramp from a trap, I'd have about........ $5.

#4231 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I can consistently hit the Fuel lane when the ball is rolling down the right inlane, but never from a trap.

#4232 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Thanks! do prems or le's do the rgb thing?

Yes. All the spider inserts are color changing RGB, they go to different colors to indicate different things. Like the locked in Seek and Destroy lane is blue. A combo is red. Double scoring goes purple. Lady Justice is pink. Skill shot inserts are orange. It makes reading the state of the playfield easy, I like it a lot.

The red/blue/white GI though is the killer feature of the lighting. Changes the whole mood of the game since they're controlled separately. So turn the red off, you get a more blue playfield. Turn the white off and very slowly fade the blue, and you're play Fade to Black. When it all lights up red you might be in For Whom the Bell Tolls.

Sorry to self pitch for a moment, but I love the GI in Metallica a lot, and I can't wait to see how we can take it further with Alien, since the entire GI is RGBs that can be any of 16 million colors. Metallica inspires me to do more, just because it really adds to the atmosphere. I'd love to see what Lyman could do with the Heighway lighting system.

It's really a pity the Metallica Premium wasn't selling enough or something, whatever the reason was to make Stern stop making them. It's really a great upgrade on an already incredible game. In my opinion of course!

#4233 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The red/blue/white GI though is the killer feature of the lighting. Changes the whole mood of the game since they're controlled separately. So turn the red off, you get a more blue playfield. Turn the white off and very slowly fade the blue, and you're play Fade to Black. When it all lights up red you might be in For Whom the Bell Tolls.

And all coming soon to a Met Pro near you. Sorry for the self promotion.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo/page/5#post-2412641

#4234 8 years ago

Man, when it's ready you better promote it more, it's rad.

#4235 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I didn't watch it all the way to 14:00, but after you collect a CIU jackpot, the spider inserts go solid, and if you unlight each of them, you can go back into the Mystery Hole to collect a percentage of your CIU jackpot (I can't remember if it's 10% or 25%, or something like that). The indicator spider will blink, and I don't think it moves at this point. Is that what's going on?

#4236 8 years ago

I have a colordmd coming. This pin deserves the color!
Is there any settings are anything to be aware of when installing?

#4237 8 years ago

Just let me know when I can give you my money!

#4238 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I didn't watch it all the way to 14:00, but after you collect a CIU jackpot, the spider inserts go solid, and if you unlight each of them, you can go back into the Mystery Hole to collect a percentage of your CIU jackpot (I can't remember if it's 10% or 25%, or something like that). The indicator spider will blink, and I don't think it moves at this point. Is that what's going on?

So if you hit all the lit arrows after CIU, the scoop relights & you can cash in for a percentage? Or is this only an option if you fail to collect the CIU jackpot? I remember seeing this somewhere but I can't remember the exact rules.

I really wish someone would post an updated, complete 1.64v Rulesheet. It can be confusing to tell what's going on with the Pro without those color changing arrow inserts. It would sure make it easier to understand. All I can find on Google are 1.51 rules, or descriptions from 2 years ago.

#4239 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So if you hit all the lit arrows after CIU, the scoop relights & you can cash in for a percentage? Or is this only an option if you fail to collect the CIU jackpot? I remember seeing this somewhere but I can't remember the exact rules.
I really wish someone would post an updated, complete 1.64v Rulesheet. It can be confusing to tell what's going on with the Pro without those color changing arrow inserts. It would sure make it easier to understand. All I can find on Google are 1.51 rules, or descriptions from 2 years ago.

Have you already read this one? http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/metallica-pro.3077/

And I agree, the color changing inserts make it much clearer. I think for the post CIU shots they go orange if I'm remembering right.

#4240 8 years ago

Just had my best game ever. Sparky multiball, Snake Multiball, Coffin Multiball (even though the audio says Casket Multiball), Lady Justice and CIU completing Fade To Black. 121 Million. What a rush. I'm sure I could have done better if I knew more of the rules.

#4241 8 years ago

Nice game Arcade! This afternoon, I got to 198MIL on ball 1 and 2 extra balls saved up, best game I have had since updating to new code and I was making shots like the pin owed me money
I had to jump on call and left the game running after the first ball drained... I hear noise from the office that we have activity in the game room. Since it's just me and the Cat during the day I am confused but cannot leave the call since I am facilitating. 45 minutes later, I check things out and see that "A" now has the Grand Champ score! Appears I had a switch that was always activating on the right side of the right ramp that was causing the ball to eject even though no one was playing! WTF, not sure if I can get a game rocking like that any time soon!

#4242 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Have you already read this one?

Yes several times, but has lots of info missing & does not have the recent changes. The article is nice, but it would be great if there was just a clearly written updated rule sheet of all the modes & features, and how to start them & the points for each.

This is the closest I could find but still not compete & some modes still not well described

http://tiltforums.com/t/metallica-wiki-rulesheet/228

Considering how complicated scoring has become on the new machines, Stern should have this stuff on their website, and I don't mean the Read Me code file.

#4243 8 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Nice game Arcade!

Thanks. And sorry to hear about your stuck switch. That blows.
During Fade to black, I was playing on a Pro model so I just kept putting the ball in the pops. Post pass to the left flipper and put it in the pops some more. Could not miss. I looked like a real pro for all of 6 min. lol
Think I got 53 million Fade to Black.

#4244 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So if you hit all the lit arrows after CIU, the scoop relights & you can cash in for a percentage? Or is this only an option if you fail to collect the CIU jackpot?

I believe it's only an option if you exit out of CIU by collecting the jackpot. If you collect a jackpot in CIU, and mode ends, all 6 of the spider inserts will go solid red (orange on the Prem/LE). I believe the first one you hit (unless it's behind the piston target), will blink as the indicator lane. When you hit the others, they will go from solid red to off, and I don't think the indicator changes. If you unlight them all (with only the indicator blinking), you can go to the Mystery Hole to collect 20% (I think) of your CIU jackpot. If your CIU jackpot was 90mil, you would get another 18mil at this point. 20% is just an example, I can't remember what it is actually, and I'm not sure if I'm correct about the indicator not moving. Maybe it moves, but blinks instead of staying solid?

#4245 8 years ago

It seems that of somone wanted to simulate the RGB lights of the prem with the pro they could drop the red out of the rgb and allow the insert to fill that in. Is that crazy? Anyone tried something like that?

Desired color red, then make the rgb white.
Desired color purple, then make the rgb bluish

#4246 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

It seems that of somone wanted to simulate the RGB lights of the prem with the pro they could drop the red out of the rgb and allow the insert to fill that in. Is that crazy? Anyone tried something like that?
Desired color red, then make the rgb white.
Desired color purple, then make the rgb bluish

Yes, I've looked at this. The red of the insert is way too strong. A blue LED under it doesn't make it purple at all unfortunately. It's just a dimmer red.

#4247 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yes, I've looked at this. The red of the insert is way too strong. A blue LED under it doesn't make it purple at all unfortunately. It's just a dimmer red.

Oh well it was a thought

#4248 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Oh well it was a thought

Yeah, what Timebandit said, the inserts are white on the prem/LE, but they are dark red on the Pro.

#4249 8 years ago

New high score today with 1.64 code on 3 ball!

20150729_144304.jpg20150729_144304.jpg

#4250 8 years ago

Can someone explain Blackened to me?

I've read on multiple ruler sheets it involves finishing the hurry ups, but nowhere says how to start them. I have started countless coffin hurry ups, but no Blackened. Is it specific combos that light the hurry ups required for Blackened?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 49.99
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.