IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 433.
#4151 8 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

hey gang.
just got my nib Metallica saturday. plan on placing and order for cliffys. is there any thing else i need?

mezelmods
snake tongue
snake fangs

Protectors
spinners from hooked

color dmd

and there are a ton more

#4152 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

mezelmods
snake tongue
snake fangs
Protectors
spinners from hooked
color dmd
and there are a ton more

Yeah....you just scratched the surface with those.

#4153 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah....you just scratched the surface with those.

I don't even install my mods My spinners are half installed. I bought all the socket stuff to do extra lights for snake and mystery hole.....ughhhh I need to stop being busy.

#4154 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don't even install my mods My spinners are half installed. I bought all the socket stuff to do extra lights for snake and mystery hole.....ughhhh I need to stop being busy.

Tell me about it, I'm installing light up game start buttons on 3 of my older games that have the plain white buttons and I'm developing a TOP SECRET DIY lighting mod that looks WAY COOL so far.

#4155 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

mezelmods
snake tongue
snake fangs
Protectors
spinners from hooked
color dmd
and there are a ton more

+ PDI glass (invisiglass) - holy cr*p - just installed some last night on my MOPLE and it's freakin awesome !!!!! Colour DMD and PDI on MOPLE and you'll never look at pinball the same again!

#4156 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I've been thru 4 CIUs a couple times and it is brutal to drain out lighting the 5th/EoL.
The best strategy (imo) for extending a game towards EoL on typical home settings (ie - EB's are on) is explicit focus on coffin MB. Any time you start another MB, bash the coffin as fast and as often as possible to get the locks lit, progress to the first EB (~15 coffin hits), eventually progress to the second EB (100 coffin hits), and progress the coffin CIU requirement. The game I made it to EoL I think I had like 150+ coffin hits by the end of it and had played 4 coffin MB's
Coffin MB also has the advantage of being able to be extended both by the snake add-a-ball, and stacking another MB, so you get tons of ball save time, and a very long opportunity to light CIU without fear of ball loss. With decent play, almost every coffin MB should end with CIU lit, especially if you bring another MB into the stack. Once CIU is lit you must get in and out of it ASAP and get back into the nearest MB you have. Try to use the CIU ball save time to light the 4 'exit' qualifiers and get the hell out of the mode while the safety net is still there. #1 rule is do NOT start another MB if CIU is lit - you want it available immediately after exiting CIU.
The biggest wildcard is Seek and Destroy. If you start Seek and Destroy after the 3rd or 4th CIU and it expires, you have a hell of a climb to get CIU lit again. Its a tough mode to try and control the start of so I usually just let it happen when it wants to and hope for the best.

Yeah my strategy definitely isn't optimized for getting to EOL. I always try to complete the CIUs and go for the big payout at the end, I just can't help myself. I usually end up draining of course. I guess I need to try focusing on progressing, getting into, and out of the CIUs rather than going for the big jackpots.

#4157 8 years ago

1.jpg1.jpg

Finally got a chance to add a couple of flexy leds to my piston targets. Decided to go green and i'm pretty happy.

Has anyone added a couple leds to the mystery scoop on their own? I don't usually buy "kits" but this one seems like a tough spot to get lit well...

#4158 8 years ago

Ya, I bought the socket and wires etc to made my own led kit, but haven't even opened the box they shipped in.... ugh

#4159 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Tell me about it, I'm installing light up game start buttons on 3 of my older games that have the plain white buttons and I'm developing a TOP SECRET DIY lighting mod that looks WAY COOL so far.

where do you find time?! I seem to ADHD and try to buy other things to fix then forget the pins are in the house

#4160 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

where do you find time?! I seem to ADHD and try to buy other things to fix then forget the pins are in the house

Well being older and single helps.

#4161 8 years ago

wow so i have the blades. will install them last after i have done the lighting. i plan on ordering the mouth and and fangs today. the color dmd is the best for this game. might take a little bit to save up for that. will get the shaker next week.

plan on making light mods for the snake and mystery hole. one day might do the fuel area.

pop covers will eventually happen. 50 for 3 cap covers.

any other links to cool mods would be great.

thanks guy

#4162 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I break it down the process and enjoy it while I have a glass of wine or beer at the end of the night. Don't rush it. I'll wire up the fixtures then install the next night. Half an hour here and there is all it takes...

#4163 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Oh, single..ya that does... the lady keeps making plans, then complains we are too busy...ROLF...duh...

Quoted from damageinc55:

I break it down the process and enjoy it while I have a glass of wine or beer at the end of the night. Don't rush it. I'll wire up the fixtures then install the next night. Half an hour here and there is all it takes...

I keep finding other projects to do. Almost bought a jeep wrangler that needed some work..I always forget about the pins :/ I have to mod up met, and fix the BH I've had over a year.....broken.

#4164 8 years ago

Quick song question for code 1.64v.........which songs have no impact on gameplay modes if you remove them via Pinball Browser? Like for example, you obviously wouldn't want to remove a song like "Fade to Black" since there is a CIU mode named after it.

I'm pretty sure it's alright to remove One & Unforgiven, but I'm not sure about Sad But True. I'm just playing around with the songs before my game arrives later this week. I would like to add Four Horsemen, No Remorse & The Thing That Should Not Be (and maybe Blitzkrieg), but I think I can only do 2 or 3.

Thanks for the tips

#4165 8 years ago

Sad but True plays during Snake MB.

#4166 8 years ago

OK....but there's no mode named after it so I could probably still get away with changing it. Not a big fan of anything off the Black album, so overplayed back in the day. Prefer cuts from the first 3 albums.

#4167 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Quick song question for code 1.64v.........which songs have no impact on gameplay modes if you remove them via Pinball Browser? Like for example, you obviously wouldn't want to remove a song like "Fade to Black" since there is a CIU mode named after it.
I'm pretty sure it's alright to remove One & Unforgiven, but I'm not sure about Sad But True. I'm just playing around with the songs before my game arrives later this week. I would like to add Four Horsemen, No Remorse & The Thing That Should Not Be (and maybe Blitzkrieg), but I think I can only do 2 or 3.
Thanks for the tips

The four CIU (plus EOL), Fuel, and Blackened are the only songs tied to DMD animation and callouts. All the rest you can change without any obvious DMD or callout conflicts.

I posted my most recent song changes a few weeks ago:

Snake MB = Am I Evil? (originally SBT)

Sparky MB = Ride the Lightning from the beginning of the song, not the middle, as the original code has it (put RTL in Creeping Death spot, and replaced original RTL with Four Horsemen)

Changed Unforgiven to Shortest Straw

Swapped Enter Sandman with a louder version of Enter Sandman.

Changed One with My Apocalypse and the last two mins of ...And Justice for All, which plays a great pacing guitar solo during Lady Justice mode. It actually starts to slow down as the mode is about to end.

#4168 8 years ago

Only reason I haven't messed with swapping songs is it breaks the loop points, and that would irritate me too much.

#4169 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Only reason I haven't messed with swapping songs is it breaks the loop points, and that would irritate me too much.

The only time I notice is when the ball is sitting in the launch lane.

#4170 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The only time I notice is when the ball is sitting in the launch lane.

Yeah, that would drive me nuts though.

If I could edit loop points all be all in! But until then I just pick older songs and I'm a pretty happy camper.

#4171 8 years ago

Count me in!!!!
Finally got the one I was after. #500 of 500.
Holy crap I'm going to go broke modding this thing.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4172 8 years ago

is there a place that has the rule sheet for metallica?

#4174 8 years ago

I just sold my LE. Like parting with one of your own children. One of the most perfect modern Sterns. But keeping my pro which has got the LE GI light-show anyway.

#4175 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

...and Blackened are the only songs tied to DMD animation

I love this game, but it bugs the crap out of me that Blackened is used where Four Horsemen was clearly intended. The animation is the 4 dudes on horses, but that stupid "pick the song" contest ruined it. I love the song Blackened, but it doesn't go there. Rant off.

#4176 8 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I love this game, but it bugs the crap out of me that Blackened is used where Four Horsemen was clearly intended. The animation is the 4 dudes on horses, but that stupid "pick the song" contest ruined it. I love the song Blackened, but it doesn't go there. Rant off.

why don't you change it?

#4177 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

why don't you change it?

Agreed.
That is a very easy fix.

#4178 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

why don't you change it?

Because "Blackened" shows up on the DMD animated. I didn't think I could change that. Maybe I'm wrong.

#4179 8 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Because "Blackened" shows up on the DMD animated. I didn't think I could change that. Maybe I'm wrong.

The Blackened Text can easily be changed.
Animations are another beast entirely.
What is animated about it? I don't own a Metallica and it sounded like it was a Four Horseman animation that you wanted to keep anyway.

#4180 8 years ago

If you can change DMD frames with the pinball browser, with a minor amount of artistic work Blackened should be changeable to Four Horsemen. I believe it's just a static DMD image that artistically says 'BLACKENED' when the mode starts? Maybe a couple frames of fading it in and out as well which could be handled fairly easily once the main image is modified.

blackened.PNGblackened.PNG

Course I also don't know the capability of pinball browser in this regard...

#4181 8 years ago

If you can change DMD frames with the pinball browser, with a minor amount of artistic work Blackened should be changeable to Four Horsemen. I believe it's just a static DMD image that artistically says 'BLACKENED' when the mode starts? Maybe a couple frames of fading it in and out as well which could be handled fairly easily once the main image is modified.
blackened.PNG
Course I also don't know the capability of pinball browser in this regard...

That sounds promising... I may give this a whirl.

#4182 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

The Blackened Text can easily be changed.
Animations are another beast entirely.
What is animated about it? I don't own a Metallica and it sounded like it was a Four Horseman animation that you wanted to keep anyway.

Its the drawn word "Blackened" I'd want to change at the start of the mode... yes, keeping the horse animations is a must. Purpledrilmonkey may be right about how to accomplish it.

#4183 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure I saw people altering dmd animation frames in Tron once to clean them up. The Blackened intro is so simple and basic it can't be that tough if you have the artistic ability to stylize the "Four Horsemen" graphic.

Or I'm out to lunch

#4184 8 years ago

Yes, artwork can be modified pretty easily

Here's one example:

Modified Art.pngModified Art.png

I added the "Metallica M" logo to all of the coffin frames for my SDMD. I also added shading around the edges for depth.

#4185 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I added the "Metallica M" logo to all of the coffin frames for my SDMD. I also added shading around the edges for depth.

Cool, you could put your name on a coffin if you wanted.

#4186 8 years ago

By the way, if you do change it to four horsemen I want it

#4187 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Cool, you could put your name on a coffin if you wanted.

The "M" is for "Mike"

By the way, if you do change it to four horsemen I want it

Working on the Sparky animations for Rens at the moment; he want's a green Sparky. What does the "Four Horsemen" text look like? This?

Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 6.03.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-23 at 6.03.21 AM.png

#4188 8 years ago

The "M" is for "Mike""monkey"

I've corrected that for you

here's a quick stab at what mike d proposed (it still needs a bit of "clean up", but this was just about 10 mins worth of converting and some quick refinements
the four horsemen title rev2.jpgthe four horsemen title rev2.jpg

edit:
and adjusted to 16 total colors to fit the palette restrictions
the four horsemen (16 color).pngthe four horsemen (16 color).png

edit:
re-centered and resized to the correct 128x32 dimensions (not sure how I missed that the first time)
the four horsemen (resized).pngthe four horsemen (resized).png

#4190 8 years ago

The "M" is for "Mike"

Working on the Sparky animations for Rens at the moment; he want's a green Sparky. What does the "Four Horsemen" text look like? This?
Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 6.03.21 AM.png

The four Morsemen would be an awesome name for a gang of Morse code nerds. A very small gang..

#4191 8 years ago

some video footage of Mike D great work

Made Spraky myself green to match my game

#4192 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

some video footage of Mike D great work
» YouTube video
Made Spraky myself green to match my game

Interesting, I see a few things I need to address. I like the green sparky though

#4193 8 years ago

Custom topper finally arrived and completely exceeded my expectations. Daniel from tilt topper.Com outdid himself and made this idea come to life. The tombstones are a tribute to 3 of James Hetfields guitars and Daniel even matched the font. I didn't realize it was 3d, and has an led strip shining up the front. The sound reaction works great as well. Definitely recommend.20150723_201323.jpg20150723_201323.jpg

#4194 8 years ago

Interesting, I see a few things I need to address. I like the green sparky though

Yep around 7:30 you see some strange stuff

But still amazing work

#4195 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yep around 7:30 you see some strange stuff
But still amazing work

Looks like the "blackened" palette is assigned at the first frame of the animation, but is reverting back to the "Default" palette. I was planning on assigning palettes to every frame once I'm done, so that should fix the issue. I need to reorganize all the palette anyway, just don't want to do that until it's 100% finish.

#4196 8 years ago

Someone help here?
Iam about to get the ColorDMD, but the website says the firmware will only work with the firmware the game has. Well new code came out a few weeks back and its now v1.64 and the colordmd firmware is v1.63. Are you guys having issues with your colordmd's with the new game code? Should I wait until they update to v1.64? Thanks

#4197 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Someone help here?
Iam about to get the ColorDMD, but the website says the firmware will only work with the firmware the game has. Well new code came out a few weeks back and its now v1.64 and the colordmd firmware is v1.63. Are you guys having issues with your colordmd's with the new game code? Should I wait until they update to v1.64? Thanks

I am waiting, but I read here somewhere that it is only a few frames that were affected by the update. You would just have a few uncolored frames until the CDMD is updated.

#4198 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Someone help here?

All good. There might be one or two small things I haven't noticed yet, but the main "issue" is during the attract mode there's a new combo champ high score, and it will appear all yellow, no colors. Sure they'll update it, but for the time being it's 99.99% fine.

#4199 8 years ago

Ditto. I've had the colorDMD on Met premium since it first came out. I updated to 1.64 as soon as it was released and have no issues at all other than it just looks awesome!

#4200 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Custom topper finally arrived and completely exceeded my expectations. Daniel from tilt topper.Com outdid himself and made this idea come to life. The tombstones are a tribute to 3 of James Hetfields guitars and Daniel even matched the font. I didn't realize it was 3d, and has an led strip shining up the front. The sound reaction works great as well. Definitely recommend.20150723_201323.jpg

Cool.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.