IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 433.
#4001 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Late to the party, but where's the best place to buy a NIB Met Pro?

Lots of good distributors, all gonna have roughly the same price. Given where you're located I'd try JJ @ Game Exchange.

http://gameexchange.biz

#4002 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

I'm sure this has been covered alrwady somewhere in this thread, but I'm very pleased with the results of adding a couple flexable leds underneath the snake. Makes noticing when the snake is lit easier...
Quick video of it in action.
» YouTube video

Great addition! When the game starts the snake light is lit, just wondering what needs to be hit in order to qualify the snake to be lit again?

#4003 8 years ago

sorry, duplicate post that was edited

#4004 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Great addition! When the game starts the snake light is lit, just wondering what needs to be hit in order to qualify the snake to be lit again?

shooting either left orbit, grave marker, or left ramp

http://tiltforums.com/t/metallica-wiki-rulesheet/228

#4005 8 years ago

Thought I'd share this issue with mine in case it happens to someone else. Got my LED Pro about 10 days ago. Put about 60 games on it and now the front drop target won't stay up on it about 80% of the time. Every once in a while it will stay up but not often. The game will try to raise it typically twice, sometimes four times, and then leave it down. Every once in a while it will try raising it ten or twelve times before giving up.
Every once in a while it'll leave it down and I'll hit the second target and it'll reset them (or start trying again). Seems like a mechanical problem but will continue to try and sort it out.

#4006 8 years ago
Quoted from Player1:

front drop target won't stay up on it about 80% of the time.

I've seem this on location machines before. What happens when you manually raise them?

#4007 8 years ago

Ive had this problem too. I adjusted the braket a bit so that the drop target sits on the ledge evenly left to right across the face of the drop target (not just one corner or the other). It is really easy to adjust it so that the target doesnt fall down when hit... So its a bit of a PITA. You can also play with the spring tension/length a bit too. Some have even added or removed washers to move the drop closer/fruther away from the ledge...

#4008 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

I've seem this on location machines before. What happens when you manually raise them?

If you manually reset them they stay up.

#4009 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Late to the party, but where's the best place to buy a NIB Met Pro?

I bought mine from trent at tilt.

#4010 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ive had this problem too. I adjusted the braket a bit so that the drop target sits on the ledge evenly left to right across the face of the drop target (not just one corner or the other). It is really easy to adjust it so that the target doesnt fall down when hit... So its a bit of a PITA. You can also play with the spring tension/length a bit too. Some have even added or removed washers to move the drop closer/fruther away from the ledge...

I loosened the screws that hold the whole assembly but there didn't seem to be any room for adjustment. What did you adjust exactly? Thanks.

#4011 8 years ago

Sorry i should have been more specific. I meant that i bent the bracket itself so that the shelf was parallel to the drop target as much as possible. Small adustments. The whole process is a nightmare...

Playfield up
Remove bracket
Adjust
Replace bracket
Playfield down
Test
Repeat.

#4012 8 years ago
Quoted from Player1:

Thought I'd share this issue with mine in case it happens to someone else. Got my LED Pro about 10 days ago. Put about 60 games on it and now the front drop target won't stay up on it about 80% of the time. Every once in a while it will stay up but not often. The game will try to raise it typically twice, sometimes four times, and then leave it down. Every once in a while it will try raising it ten or twelve times before giving up.Every once in a while it'll leave it down and I'll hit the second target and it'll reset them (or start trying again). Seems like a mechanical problem but will continue to try and sort it out.

Ditto, I have the same problem. Unfortunately, I have not been able to fix it yet. Stern tech said they did have a batch of warped targets that could contribute to the problem and would send out replacements.

#4013 8 years ago

Appears to be solved. I went and took the assembly off to get a closer look. When I worked the mechanism by hand it appeared the bar that lifts the targets wasn't staying straight. It actually was on about a 45 degree angle sloping down toward the front target. I realized the screw that held the lift bar, the one that screws into the end of the plunger on the coil, was loose. I held the plunger with needle nose and tightened the screw up as tight as it would go. Once I did that the plunger lifted the bar flat like it was supposed to and the front target caught every time. Put it back in the game and played about 10 games and not one error with the targets.
I'll keep my fingers crossed!

#4014 8 years ago

Yeah, I tightened that screw also. It worked for a couple games and started again. The design is awkward, like you said, the bracket can tilt down towards the front target. I was thinking of putting some tape, or buildup the area, where the target rest on the bracket. Also, I was going to try and add a washer near the spring behind the target to see if that would push it forward enough.

#4015 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead-Seattle:

Yeah, I tightened that screw also. It worked for a couple games and started again. The design is awkward, like you said, the bracket can tilt down towards the front target. I was thinking of putting some tape, or buildup the area, where the target rest on the bracket. Also, I was going to try and add a washer near the spring behind the target to see if that would push it forward enough.

Weird, I had the same issue right about the same time. They must have a playfield robot or some technician has his torque driver set too low! I ended up putting a little bit of blue (removable) loctite on mine and winching it down. Up to almost 600 games now (threw a few late night parties) and no issues.

#4016 8 years ago

Glad you guys got to the bottom of the problem!

#4017 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Lots of good distributors, all gonna have roughly the same price. Given where you're located I'd try JJ @ Game Exchange.
http://gameexchange.biz

+1 for JJ at GEX

#4018 8 years ago

Not sure if this has been asked before but does anyone know if it is possible to add Mezel Mods flashing pinball speakers when the Lightning kits is installed with the LED strips running down each side? Seems the speakers need to go in the back exactly where the Lightning strips mount. Left side might work but not sure about the right. Anyone?

#4019 8 years ago

I don't believe they do and the cemetery Arch barley does with a slight bend around the arch but it will be touching.

#4020 8 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I don't believe they do and the cemetery Arch barley does with a slight bend around the arch but it will be touching.

I did get the cemetery arch on and it does touch the strips. However I think it still looks fine and the effect of both mods is great. I just wondered perhaps the speakers could mount elsewhere?

#4021 8 years ago

Just finished installing a TFTC eyeball switch in the fuel lane. I think it looks awesome!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4022 8 years ago

Hey guys, I finally collected enough cans to purchase the color dmd, do you guys sell the original dmd or hold onto it?

#4023 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Just finished installing a TFTC eyeball switch in the fuel lane. I think it looks awesome!

image.jpg

Now that looks stock! Great idea bro. Looks great.

#4024 8 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

Hey guys, I finally collected enough cans to purchase the color dmd, do you guys sell the original dmd or hold onto it?

At this point I have held on to mine. However with 3 or 4 now I think a few might hit the chopping block soon. I'd always keep a couple for spares.

#4025 8 years ago

I received my sparky protector and slingshot protectors from pinbits. I am very happy with them. I am not 100% on the section that goes over the ball lane but the glowing orange adds a nice effect. Also I wonder why I see a few pics of people with the sparky protector OVER the plastics up top? I put mine underneath and like the effect much more...image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4027 8 years ago

What about the Micro Display Mod? Will it mount anywhere when the lightening mod strips are installed? I want more. Odds and I love those lightening strips but seems like it uses up a lot of mod space.

#4028 8 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

That can comment cracked me up.

#4029 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

What about the Micro Display Mod? Will it mount anywhere when the lightening mod strips are installed? I want more. Odds and I love those lightening strips but seems like it uses up a lot of mod space.

Looking at the pics of the lightening mod strips on Pinball Refinery's website, it doesn't appear that the MDM will fit in the spot where most guys have installed over the Mystery Scoop.

I had six different MDM's installed on my METLE for demo purposes at PAGG, and it appears the lightening strips would interfere with five of those locations. Pictured below is the IM demo mounted to the right of Sparky on the right ramp, and the strips would not interfere there, so that's a possibility. Another possibility is to mount the MDM behind the cross, although I've never tried a test fit there.

MET Demo3.JPGMET Demo3.JPG

#4030 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Looking at the pics of the lightening mod strips on Pinball Refinery's website, it doesn't appear that the MDM will fit in the spot where most guys have installed over the Mystery Scoop.

I beg to differ dragon breath. I used a stainless steel strip, cut it, drilled 2 holes, bent it and attached it to the MDM and the first hex post that the clear plastic that keeps the ball from popping off the ramp is attached to, that bumps the MDM out enough so it clears the Lightning led strip plastic. On the 2nd post for that plastic I mounted a double spot light on top of the plastic then attached the post that comes with the Lightning led strip plastic. When the MDM is mounted it completly hides the double spot lights from the players view. In the 3rd and 4th picture you can see somewhat the stainless steel strip I used to mount the DMD looks like and the last picture shows how the spot light and Lightning strip plastic are all attached.

IMGA0679.jpgIMGA0679.jpg
IMGA0680.jpgIMGA0680.jpg
IMGA0681.jpgIMGA0681.jpg
IMGA0683.jpgIMGA0683.jpg

IMGA0026.jpgIMGA0026.jpg

#4031 8 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

I hope you remembered to throw a little sand in them.

#4032 8 years ago

I've noticed a couple of things when I was changing all the rubbers to transparent ones.

I really recommend adding a M4 size washer between the wedge base socket of the right electric chair spot flasher and the "Feed snake when flashing" plastic (-28).
I've also added 2 M4 washers under the support of the left wire ramp to keep the ramp centered between the two wire guides.

While I do know receiving a perfect product is impossible, I am quite disappointed with the overall quality control of Stern. (I bought a NIB Metallica premium monsters at the end of September in 2014.)

I've sent a mail about some of the following problems at [email protected] in the first week of November in 2014 and I've still haven't got a reply from them.

- The left side of the cabinet came scratched and has a fairly large air bubble under the decal.
- There are some fairly deep scratches on two capacitors on the I/O power driver board.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkik6oozslpf4fd/IMG_20141028_023108.jpg?dl=0
- The two electric chair optos were already defective after 70 plays because of cold solder joints on the LED's.
- Three lamps had bad solder connections and were broken off which made the lights flicker.
- Some plastics still had some protective tape on them.
- The rusty screw of the right electric chair spot flasher.
- I had to adjust the bumper/stop of the hammer assembly and the up-post coil. These were set to their lowest position.
- The connector of the magnet processor board wasn't plugged in all the way. (I know connectors can come loose during transport but it was the only one. I guess it happened during the board swap.)

Has anyone had a similar experience with NIB games?
While I really enjoy the machine, I really doubt I'd buy another NIB Stern in the future for such a price.

metallica.jpgmetallica.jpg

metallica2.jpgmetallica2.jpg

#4033 8 years ago

that sucks..

#4034 8 years ago

OK, that cabinet pic sucks and I feel for you there. The rest of the stuff, I'd chalk it up to minor, maybe non-existent problems. I mean, scratches on a capacitor on a circuit board? Come on, man.

#4035 8 years ago
Quoted from reFly:

I've noticed a couple of things when I was changing all the rubbers to transparent ones.
I really recommend adding a M4 size washer between the wedge base socket of the right electric chair spot flasher and the "Feed snake when flashing" plastic (-28).
I've also added 2 M4 washers under the support of the left wire ramp to keep the ramp centered between the two wire guides.
While I do know receiving a perfect product is impossible, I am quite disappointed with the overall quality control of Stern. (I bought a NIB Metallica premium monsters at the end of September in 2014.)
I've sent a mail about some of the following problems at [email protected] in the first week of November in 2014 and I've still haven't got a reply from them.
- The left side of the cabinet came scratched and has a fairly large air bubble under the decal.
- There are some fairly deep scratches on two capacitors on the I/O power driver board.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkik6oozslpf4fd/IMG_20141028_023108.jpg?dl=0
- The two electric chair optos were already defective after 70 plays because of cold solder joints on the LED's.
- Three lamps had bad solder connections and were broken off which made the lights flicker.
- Some plastics still had some protective tape on them.
- The rusty screw of the right electric chair spot flasher.
- I had to adjust the bumper/stop of the hammer assembly and the up-post coil. These were set to their lowest position.
- The connector of the magnet processor board wasn't plugged in all the way. (I know connectors can come loose during transport but it was the only one. I guess it happened during the board swap.)
Has anyone had a similar experience with NIB games?
While I really enjoy the machine, I really doubt I'd buy another NIB Stern in the future for such a price.

metallica.jpg metallica2.jpg

No, my Mustang Pro was perfect.

#4036 8 years ago

Help please. Anyone here have a Met pro LED with a color DMD installed? Would you be willing to post/send me pictures of the backside of the display. Thanks!

#4037 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Help please. Anyone here have a Met pro LED with a color DMD installed? Would you be willing to post/send me pictures of the backside of the display. Thanks!

Does this help?
http://colordmd.com/Mounting%20for%20New%20Stern%20Cabinets.pdf

#4038 8 years ago

Thanks, but I already have that printed out and it doesn't answer all my questions. Thanks for the help though.

#4039 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, that cabinet pic sucks and I feel for you there. The rest of the stuff, I'd chalk it up to minor, maybe non-existent problems. I mean, scratches on a capacitor on a circuit board? Come on, man.

Agreed the cabinet scratch (scratches) are unacceptable and would drive me crazy! The other stuff I wouldn't be too concerned about.

#4040 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Thanks, but I already have that printed out and it doesn't answer all my questions. Thanks for the help though.

What questions do you have? I just installed mine about two weeks ago.

METColorDMD.JPGMETColorDMD.JPG

#4041 8 years ago

That is perfect! I think I should be good to go now. Thank you Sparky

#4042 8 years ago

Fresh coat of wax. Followed by a killer game. Had it screaming for more. \m/
IMG_20150712_210334495.jpgIMG_20150712_210334495.jpg

#4043 8 years ago

joined the club

20150701_220104.jpg20150701_220104.jpg

#4044 8 years ago

what a awesome pin . It truly is ............... :impressed:that's a great score Huogie

20150625_060021.jpg20150625_060021.jpg

#4045 8 years ago

Has anyone heard of an updated ColorDMD file being created?

#4046 8 years ago
Quoted from Unbten:

Has anyone heard of an updated ColorDMD file being created?

I haven't seen or heard anything yet. I am waiting to update the firmware until it is out.

#4047 8 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

joined the club

20150701_220104.jpg

It's good to see my old buddy (over on the right) in that sweet line up. Congrats on the Metallica pick up. It is a totally awesome game!

#4048 8 years ago

Good new for Metallica SmartDMD users - new code will be released later this week

Here's a look at the new Sparky MB Into:

Sparky Multiball.pngSparky Multiball.png

#4049 8 years ago

Here's why MET is so damn good.

So here you are. FTB completed. Shooting every shot you want. Good game going. Double scoring is lit. Do you cash in?

IMG_7230.JPGIMG_7230.JPG

#4050 8 years ago

I would, no questions asked.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.