Topic Stats

• 17,183 posts
  • 959 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by DaveH
  • Topic is favorited by 370 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,940 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg
EB43D533-A925-4165-9D81-02CB119BFBFD (resized).jpeg
FA45EFDB-A47E-43E1-93E9-D6B9E5A82DA2 (resized).jpeg
Dp4gQ5MU4AAC7vo (resized).jpg
20200106_232456 (resized).jpg
BEC16C8D-A4E8-40D6-8096-4BD2C9E0C98C (resized).jpeg
20200106_115003 (resized).jpg
20200106_115136 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17183 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 344.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well if you go to Sterns website, http://www.sternpinball.com/Games.aspx They are all labeled Metallica, and then the version.. Metallica is first. Anyway, I am bored too, so call it what you want.
I just want to make sure I get called as soon as my Metallica Master of Puppets Limited Edition, serial # 219 shows up!

You got your number confirmed already?

#352 6 years ago

Holy cow, 16 posts about the LE version? Let's get back to gameplay. Has anyone been tempted to make it easier to get Coffin MB? I did for about 10 games, felt guilty and change it back (to 2 pick banks per lock). It's the only 4-ball MB in the game, wish it wasn't so hard to earn.

I scored 59M tonight on default settings, showing off the game to a friend. Most of it was double scoring + FUEL + Sparky MB. I f'n love this game!

#353 6 years ago

[Anti-snake rant redacted]

Post edited by swampfire : That'sssss not niccce

#354 6 years ago

hahaha - I was thinking the same thing re the thread direction

Snake - tend to agree with a couple of them - and you got it wrong , isnt it 'You misssssssssed me" - isnt it all hissed ( unfortunately )? But yes - some darker voice MIGHT be better I guess.

Had an 86mill game the other day

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Had an 86mill game the other day

Wotto, do you have a scoring strategy yet? Stacking Coffin MB seems like a good one, but requires concentration (the picks return the ball really fast). I'm still in love with Grave Marker MB, especially the SJP where the grave crumbles. I'll play 20 games just to experience that.

I bought my ever first sheet of PDI glass today. I said I'd never do it, but I got a good deal from a friend, and it does make a difference.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

* "You missed me!" = that guy you beat up in 5th grade
* "Ssssensational!" = the gay guy my wife was friends with when we got married.
Ugh. I'm very gay-friendly, but I want to take a shotgun to that snake.

You should try switching in a different derogatory word usage to help yourself understand how you are not being very 'gay friendly'. Change your words if you want to change how you think. Sorry to call this out, but NOT cool. I am hoping you just don't realize how what you just wrote could be very offensive to some members.

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You should try switching in a different derogatory word usage to help yourself understand how you are not being very 'gay friendly'. Change your words if you want to change how you think. Sorry to call this out, but NOT cool. I am hoping you just don't realize how what you just wrote could be very offensive to some members.

[EDIT: too much personal info. Point taken, and original post edited for niceness.]

#358 6 years ago

Well this was a direction change I wasn't expecting...

#359 6 years ago

OK - we are all cool with all types of lifestyles, families and all people - no issues anywhere - happy days to everybody I say - now back to Metallica........Swampy 'do I have a strategy' - yes actually , I just generally belt the ball around like a freak and try and keep it in play

No - truly I have actually no strategy whatsoever - LOL LOL LOL
Sorry that I could be absolutely zero assistance at all

#360 6 years ago

I think Lyman was showing the way in that video that everyone panned. Coffin MB is the one to put in your back pocket, just before starting another MB with double scoring. Trouble is, those pick shots are deadly.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

You got your number confirmed already?

\

Yea, I have #219 and my buddy has #220

And remember, in life, SOMEONE is always going to be offended, thats life and people just gotta deal.

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here's another way to explain it that might make more sense:
Move the red arrow by shooting the ball that way.
Shooting Sparky lights the Switch for whichever shot has the red arrow lit.
Shooting the Graveyard lights the grave marker for whichever shot has the red arrow lit.
Shooting the Snake randomly lights 3 snake inserts, or all of them if you shoot it twice.
Once a shot has a Switch, Snake and Grave Marker lit, you can shoot it to start a hurry-up, even if its red arrow isn't lit. This starts the coffin flashing. Shoot the coffin (captive ball) quickly to score 1.5M points.
I suspect that huge points await the person who can qualify all 5 shots for the hurry up, shoot them all without hitting the captive ball, and only then nail that captive ball.

OK great - THAT makes better sense to me - and explains some of ( what I thought ) were my random inserts getting lit- appreciate you taking the time to write that up

#363 6 years ago

ssssssstop disssssssing the sssssssnake !

ssssssnake rulesssssssss

callouts in the current rom:

"ssssssssensational"
"ssssssstart the game"
"ssssssuper"
"thatssssss not nicccce"
"you sssssssuck"
*puking*
"sssssssnake sssuper jackpot is lit"
"tastes like a... pinball ... it's got a metallica flavor to it"
"ouuucccchhh"
"owwwwwwwwwwww"
"hey that really hurt"
"sssssstop it"
"ssssstop that"
"band member sssssstarted"
"you misssssed me"
"ooooooohhh lose your ball?"
"better luck nexxxt time"
"yeah, this placccce is freakin me out"
"yeah, it's freakin me out too"
"well at least im not shootin you in the faccccce"
"oh crap, here comes that ball again"
"i'll shoot you in the facccce"
"now i'm getting fucking hungry, hungry for your balls"

#364 6 years ago

Cool, I actually like most of those. Sorry snake, maybe you could just stop saying "ssssssssensational" so much?

Movingpictures, how did you manage to hear all of those callouts and write them down? There are a few I haven't heard yet.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Movingpictures, how did you manage to hear all of those callouts and write them down? There are a few I haven't heard yet.

They aren't all in the game yet...

I used this

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

\
Yea, I have #219 and my buddy has #220
And remember, in life, SOMEONE is always going to be offended, thats life and people just gotta deal.

Did you pay for those #s?

#367 6 years ago

I was wondering why I've only heard a fraction of the callouts

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I think this is it, from another thread...

That post coming in from the back board is way above where the ball travels.
It's the playfield post that deflects

On mine, a left orbit shot is slowed by the post and trickles into the pop bumpers

On rare occasions it does shoot back down the left orbit, when the ball is traveling will a lot of speed.

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

That post coming in from the back board is way above where the ball travels.
It's the playfield post that deflects
On mine, a left orbit shot is slowed by the post and trickles into the pop bumpers
On rare occasions it does shoot back down the left orbit, when the ball is traveling will a lot of speed.

Ahh good to know, thanks

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

OK great - THAT makes better sense to me - and explains some of ( what I thought ) were my random inserts getting lit- appreciate you taking the time to write that up

I got 5 million points doing just that last night, well, maybe not all hurry ups, but 5 million for shooting the captive ball was awesome!

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think Lyman was showing the way in that video that everyone panned. Coffin MB is the one to put in your back pocket, just before starting another MB with double scoring. Trouble is, those pick shots are deadly.

Risk and reward, there is a TON of potential here. Might be the best game Stern has ever made if they continue on that path.

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Did you pay for those #s?

Nothing more than the cost of the game. My buddy who is the one who got us hooked up. I guess he knows people?!?!?

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nothing more than the cost of the game. My buddy who is the one who got us hooked up. I guess he knows people?!?!?

I must be the only one who has called and picked my LE numbers! I also picked my AC/DC BIB LE #

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Freak:

I must be the only one who has called and picked my LE numbers! I also picked my AC/DC BIB LE #

Nope I know a friend who got a low number and it is headed out of the country.

I was going to pay for #1 but got shut down on that idea not availlable to the public. Now I just don't care and actually like not getting one of the first in case there are avenger bugs. I do not like the idea of paying extra for a certain low number anymore.

I am not getting mine till July at earliest because going to Thailand for two weeks (again) in mid June. Want to at this game bad now and debating searching out a pro before I leave.

#375 6 years ago

I put a thick red condom on the bare bulb just above the left outlane, looks great now! I do this with any naked bulbs - your pupils open more and the game looks brighter.

#376 6 years ago

Okay, I did Wotto's mod to center the offset feature lamps - huge improvement! I also noticed that these inserts are really milky, so I used a brighter LED than I normally would. They look great now. I like the offset LED in the coffin, so I left that one alone.

When I get back from my trip to Paris I plan to offer these "extenders" up for purchase (cheap). I'll start a new thread when they're ready to sell. I think every Metallica should have these!

#377 6 years ago

Cheers Swampy

#378 6 years ago

Thanks. Getting mine tonight and those inserts are going to bug me.

#379 6 years ago

Is anyone else having trouble hitting the Snake? It seems like the only way I can get it in is to bank it off right side of the captive ball.

#380 6 years ago

I concur that SNAKE is a tough shot to nail precisely.
Not having the issue that you appear to be having - mine seems to be more that you HAVE to nail the shot dead centre for the ball to sink in nicely, any shot JUST to the left fails, and of course on the right the shot is restricted by the PICK stand up ( which is good design IMO )

Hows your son go with that shot - LOL-LOL ( sorry mate )

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Is anyone else having trouble hitting the Snake? It seems like the only way I can get it in is to bank it off right side of the captive ball.

Snake is a gimmie off a rejected left orbit shot on my game.
Flip as soon as the ball reaches the flipper and BAM.
I'm pretty sure I did it every time in my video.
Otherwise, it is very doable from left flipper control.

I've been finally getting the hang of ramp combos and man are they satisfying.
Speaking of satisfying, starting coffin multiball is a feat in itself and very rewarding.

Some bugs in 1.06 I've noticed:

- Drop targets hit don't always display the animation or call out.
I'm pretty sure they did every time in 1.03.

- I fiddled with the volume levels in Feature adjustments and now I have no music fades on drain.

- You cannot combo orbit to orbit on the fly, is this a bug or design? I don't see why the shot would not count.

- Stacking: open the floodgates please !!

#382 6 years ago

There are some great callouts in the ROM. Adding to the ones above:

"Look at my score - LOOK AT MY SCORE!"
"If that thing even looks at me funny, I'll f--k it up!"

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

"If that thing even looks at me funny, I'll f--k it up!"

Cool...

#384 6 years ago

Picked mine up today best game ever fast as f*** !!!!Off to play some more !!

#385 6 years ago

Officialy an owner. Had a nice unboxing party last night. Everyone has a great time.

#386 6 years ago

Officialy an owner. Had a nice unboxing party last night. Everyone has a great time.

image.jpg image.jpg

#387 6 years ago

Sweet AWK poster!

New guys be sure not to rate the pin too highly on pinside

#388 6 years ago

Thanks. Had him sign it during the last tour at Mohegan Sun. One of the best shows I've been too. Fits nicely next to Metallica I think. Probably will flip the games around tonight.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Fits nicely next to Metallica I think.

Definitely! If anything could be more rock'n'roll than a Metallica pinball machine, Andrew WK might just be it.

WHEN IT'S TIME TO PARTY WE WILL ALWAYS PARTY HARD

#390 6 years ago

Metallica hater! I saw your "1" rating...

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

But he rates WOZ a perfect 10.0!

#392 6 years ago

I see that others are having issue with the Snake. Mine seems to be finicky. I thought the machine at Mortimers in Minneapolis was butter smooth. Need to spend some time at Mortimers and see if there is a big difference in feel for how well the Snake accepts the ball. It is not an easy shot at home like I thought it was at Mort's.

#393 6 years ago

I've thought about shimming the snake with washers (from the underside of the playfield) so it sits a bit lower. I want to make sure it's not me that's the problem, first.

#394 6 years ago

Got 96 mill just got the game last night !Im loving it

image.jpg

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Settle down, it's just a temporary protest of the ratings system! And your rating on Woz....

I'm going to delete both ratings soon....yeah Rob, you know the 10 is in jest! Some dishonest people like to blow up the ratings system, that won't be me...

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I've thought about shimming the snake with washers (from the underside of the playfield) so it sits a bit lower. I want to make sure it's not me that's the problem, first.

Did you try the set screw for the lower jaw? I just adjusted mine a bit and it's better, still trying to find the optimal position. Mine shipped with the lower 'lip' too high.

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Settle down, it's just a temporary protest of the ratings system! And your rating on Woz....
I'm going to delete both ratings soon....yeah Rob, you know the 10 is in jest! Some dishonest people like to blow up the ratings system, that won't be me...

I rated it a 6.8, but I just deleted my rating. I agree it's not fair to rate it based on my bad early-code experience.

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Did you try the set screw for the lower jaw? I just adjusted mine a bit and it's better, still trying to find the optimal position. Mine shipped with the lower 'lip' too high.

Same here; adjusting that did help. I'm also getting better at the shot.

#399 6 years ago

Sweet, I did not look to see if the Snake had any adjustments. Will make some changes tonight and see if it helps.

Quoted from SteveP3:

#400 6 years ago

Wow. I'm late to this owners thread party but I'm here! LE on the way. What'd I miss?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 17183 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 344.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside