IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 433.
#3901 8 years ago

i was in the same situation, TRON+MET, a quite good duo, could be worse...

#3902 8 years ago

Scored aurich's hammer mod from a good buddy of mine at SFGE. My METLE is looking badass!!! I also added a backalley creations eyeball pinball as the captive ball image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

#3903 8 years ago

Hey Guys, Im starting to have some sound issues, where it is kind of cutting in and out, or fading down real low? Any ideas? Thanks!!!

#3904 8 years ago

Are the coffin, grave, snake, and sparky counters supposed to carry over ball to ball? I feel like mine dont. I gotta pay closer attention....but I feel like they reset after each ball, which would seem to make the crank it up modes harder to reach.

#3905 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hey Guys, Im starting to have some sound issues, where it is kind of cutting in and out, or fading down real low? Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Did you happen to adjust the music or speech bias/attenuation in the settings? I noticed that music would cut out at the end of a ball and fade really low if I adjusted it any.

#3906 8 years ago

Check your connection up at the top of the soundboard by the big white block looking things LOL mine did that briefly I reseated the connections and it hasn't done it again since

#3907 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Are the coffin, grave, snake, and sparky counters supposed to carry over ball to ball? I feel like mine dont. I gotta pay closer attention....but I feel like they reset after each ball, which would seem to make the crank it up modes harder to reach.

The scoring doesn't but for multiball count it does

#3908 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

I believe the counters reset after each ball to show you how many hits that ball. However the OVERALL counter toward the CIU remains so you are still getting closer as you progress through each ball. At least that is my understanding but someone can correct me if I am wrong

#3909 8 years ago

That may make more sense....anyone else able to chime in?

#3910 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

However the OVERALL counter toward the CIU remains so you are still getting closer as you progress through each ball. At least that is my understanding but someone can correct me if I am wrong

This is correct; e.g. you need 15 hits to get the coffin lit for CIU, ball 1 you have 14 then drain, then on ball 2 you just have to get 1 to light the coffin.

#3911 8 years ago

Thanks. When I see the Talley for ball 2, it looks like it reset. If those are just for that ball though, it makes more sense.

Is there a published, up to date rule sheet out there? I think I found a nice one for my ww on ipdb, but I didn't see one for met. It'd be helpful.

#3912 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Thanks. When I see the Talley for ball 2, it looks like it reset. If those are just for that ball though, it makes more sense.
Is there a published, up to date rule sheet out there? I think I found a nice one for my ww on ipdb, but I didn't see one for met. It'd be helpful.

I think having it not carry over is possible with a setting. Did you get the game second hand? Any chance somebody set it that way?

#3913 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I believe the counters reset after each ball to show you how many hits that ball. However the OVERALL counter toward the CIU remains so you are still getting closer as you progress through each ball. At least that is my understanding but someone can correct me if I am wrong

Oh, yeah - the bonus count up at the end shows you "hits per item this ball" - but that isn't necessarily your totals. The instant info (if you hold the flipper) should show you actual totals, so you could check on ball 2.

#3914 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Check your connection up at the top of the soundboard by the big white block looking things LOL mine did that briefly I reseated the connections and it hasn't done it again since

Yep this is what happened to me as well.

Pin off
Disconnect and reconnect the connector in upper right with the big white blocks hanging on them. Off the top of my head inthink it was j10.
Pin on

Hasnt happened again.

Rick

#3915 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

the sparky counter does carry over from ball to ball. otherwise, you would need 10 hits in a single ball for every ball in the game to score it. since mine is still residing in the garage in its shipping box, I can't check.

however, the easiest way to verify this is to play one ball and then check the status (using the flipper buttons) prior to launching ball number 2. it displays your progress for all of the modes and how many hits are still required for each.

#3916 8 years ago

It was nib. I'll check status later tonight and see what it does..

#3917 8 years ago

I can confirm j_m_, at least on the code tommyp and I have (v1.64) that Sparky shots are the only ones I've found that carry ball to ball as it was the first mode I kept going for since it was easiest. I've had mine now for two weeks and only in the past several days able to get all the multiball modes albeit not all in one game!

#3918 8 years ago

I should clarify...I'm talking for ciu counters, not multi ball modes.

#3919 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

I should clarify...I'm talking for ciu counters, not multi ball modes.

With default scoring, the CIU counters carry over from ball to ball. However, if you have lit Cross, Snake, and ElectricChair inserts but have not "locked" them on via hitting the captive ball hurry up (after getting all 3 lit and then shooting that spider shot again), those lights will go off during a drain.

Is that what you're asking about?

#3920 8 years ago

I'm combing through the differences in the 1.63/1.64 code and one thing I can tell is that Stern added a bunch of NODE BOARD TEST sequences. I'm guessing this has to do with service bulletin #184 published on June 12 where 3rd party shaker motors were damaging the node boards. http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-184-third-party-shaker-motors

The only other adjustment I can see is "Snake Multiball Combos for SJ lit" I'm assuming this is an option to reduce or increase the number of snake multiball combos needed for super jackpot. Default is 3, Minimum is 2, Maximum is 4

#3921 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I'm combing through the differences in the 1.63/1.64 code and one thing I can tell is that Stern added a bunch of NODE BOARD TEST sequences. I'm guessing this has to do with service bulletin #184 published on June 12 where 3rd party shaker motors were damaging the node boards. http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-184-third-party-shaker-motors
The only other adjustment I can see is "Snake Multiball Combos for SJ lit" I'm assuming this is an option to reduce or increase the number of snake multiball combos needed for super jackpot. Default is 3, Minimum is 2, Maximum is 4

Isn't the node/shaker thing specific to Spike hardware? If that stuff is in 1.64, it makes me wonder if Metallica might be re-run for a longer time than we thought!

#3922 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Isn't the node/shaker thing specific to Spike hardware? If that stuff is in 1.64, it makes me wonder if Metallica might be re-run for a longer time than we thought!

Lets hope so!

#3923 8 years ago

Has someone posted a list of mods and protective addons for Metallica Pro / Premium- LE somewhere? I think it would be a great idea to have one post or thread listing everything available and where to get it from. If done already please point me to the spot, thanks.

#3924 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Has someone posted a list of mods and protective addons for Metallica Pro / Premium- LE somewhere? I think it would be a great idea to have one post or thread listing everything available and where to get it from. If done already please point me to the spot, thanks.

here you go todd
http://bfy.tw/bZL

#3925 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I don't think there is consensus. Watch your sparky magnet, make sure it's adjusted - consider mylar. plastic protectors if you want, specifically by sparky which keeps the airballs in control around that magnet. For the right scoop, I use the mantis-style but others use a cliffy. For mods, the only must have for the Prem/LE is the captive ball instead of the newton block.

#3926 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I would add that if you get bounce backs from the orbit post, consider a metal replacement. It helps a great deal.

#3927 8 years ago

I've got a mylar circle on order for the magnet. Any issues working through the mylar? And what adjustment are you referring to the magnet?

#3928 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

I've got a mylar circle on order for the magnet. Any issues working through the mylar? And what adjustment are you referring to the magnet?

The magnet needs to sit flush with the playfield. It likely will be adjusted just fine, but if it's too low wood chips could occur and if it's too high airballs will occur. The magnet core is threaded for adjustment. If it feels fairly flush I wouldn't mess with it, but every now and then they need it.

#3929 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I don't think there is consensus. Watch your sparky magnet, make sure it's adjusted - consider mylar. plastic protectors if you want, specifically by sparky which keeps the airballs in control around that magnet. For the right scoop, I use the mantis-style but others use a cliffy. For mods, the only must have for the Prem/LE is the captive ball instead of the newton block.

Very good advice and noted.

#3930 8 years ago

That is some funny s..t

#3931 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead-Seattle:

That is some funny s..t

Entirely useless info provided by jim.

#3932 8 years ago

Snake tongue decal showed up today. Did you guys remove the top of the head to install it? or did it fit without?

#3933 8 years ago

No need to remove the top of the head. Slides in just fine. Be sure to clean the mating surface for as residual wax could be transferred there from the ball which will hinder the decal from staying down long term.

#3934 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Snake tongue decal showed up today. Did you guys remove the top of the head to install it? or did it fit without?

I put mine in without removing the head, I would use a little rubbing alcohol to clean the surface as 85vett said. On mine I had a small bit of decal sticking up on one side in the back that I used an xacto knife to cut off.

#3935 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Scored aurich's hammer mod from a good buddy of mine at SFGE. My METLE is looking badass!!! I also added a backalley creations eyeball pinball as the captive ball image.jpg
image_1.jpg

Nice side rails.

#3936 8 years ago

Just finished up all the Blackened dots. Here are a few screen shots of the Super Jackpot animation:

Blackened Super Jackpot.pngBlackened Super Jackpot.png

Seek & Destroy is next:

Seek & Destroy - Explosion.pngSeek & Destroy - Explosion.png

#3937 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Entirely useless info provided by jim.

it was useful for those that don't need to be spoonfed, however here's the "I'm a baby and can't search for myself list" just for todd

mods
- added shaker motor
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1352

- replaced newton "block" with a proper newton ball system (for LE/premium only)
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3414

- snake tongue
http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product/prd1/1700952425/metallica-snake-mouth-decal

- snake fangs
http://mezelmods.com/products/fangs

- sparky EL wire for skullcap
http://mezelmods.com/collections/metallica/products/metallica-pinball-sparky-2-wire-electrocution-helmet-mod

protection
- mylar magnet protection
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-MG

- neon ball guide protectors
http://www.iamdarras.bigcartel.com/product/met-ball-guide-plastic-neon-protectors

- playfield plastic protectors
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CG2539

- sparky protector
pm rickwh here on pinside.com

- wire wire ball guide (plastic sneeze guard replacement)
pm S37VEN here on pinside.com (he's making one last batch)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-mod-bye-bye-ugly-ramp-plastic#post-1861056

- mystery hole guard (I doubled up my protection and purchased both the mantis and cliffy style protectors)
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/HG-40

- cliffy protectors (mystery scoop, shooter lane eject protectors [3 pcs])
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Metallica.htm

images
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Metallica/Met_Mystery1.JPG
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Metallica/Met-EJ1.JPG
http://www.passionforpinball.com/MetInstall/RtEject1.JPG
http://www.passionforpinball.com/MetInstall/Cliffy-Rail-Guard.jpg

#3938 8 years ago

additional things to consider:
tim mezel offers some nice 3D printed stand-up target splints that keep the targets from bending backwards (which eventually lead to "air balls") and bases for those spot lights to sit in so that the metal hex posts do not tear up the sling plastics

on a lighter note, blackened and S&D coloring is looking great mike!

#3939 8 years ago

I'm going to steal a quote from burningman here.. But I can definitely relate. "Blackened? What's that?"

#3940 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

additional things to consider:
tim mezel offers some nice 3D printed stand-up target splints that keep the targets from bending backwards (which eventually lead to "air balls") and bases for those spot lights to sit in so that the metal hex posts do not tear up the sling plastics
on a lighter note, blackened and S&D coloring is looking great mike!

Many more additional things to consider. Guys can pick and choose how far they want to go with it:

ColorDMD
Light-up flipper buttons
Speaker light kit with optional acrylics
eject protector
launch lane protector
color gels for FUEL gauge
color gels for FUEL inserts
TFTC eyeball standup target in FUEL lane
Scared Stiff boney flippers
remove spotlights on slings and re-route to light up FUEL targets/bar and Mystery scoop
coffin decal for pro (I can't get ahold of the guy on Pinside who sells these)
Cemetary arch
cross grave markers
Micro Display Mod with video
coffin with skeleton
custom score cards
toppers
Lollipop siderails for pro
powder coated armour
and probably still more

#3941 8 years ago

very true. I just listed all of the things that I purchased for mine (I forgot to include my colorDMD).

it's actually quite scary how quickly the total bill for your NIB machine can escalate after the initial "machine" purchase with all of the add-on's

#3942 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

coffin decal for pro (I can't get ahold of the guy on Pinside who sells these)

No need to talk to him. If you want them, just order via his site and you'll get them in a week or two.

#3943 8 years ago

PRO V1.64 - April 23, 2015
======================

- Seek & Destroy mode has been changed so it now awards 1 cross,
1 snake, and 1 electric chair each time one of the main shots (left
loop, cross lane, left ramp, right ramp, right loop) is made when
lit. This allows progress towards lighting "Crank It Up" during
Seek & Destroy. This rule change also solves the problem of not
being able to light the snake to collect SNAKE letters during
Seek & Destroy, since only a shot on the playfield would allow this.

- Boosted Seek & Destroy scores from 750k to 1M (seek shot) and 375k
to 500k (regular shot).

- Added lamp status on the sparky lamps for electric chair multiball
and battery mode that indicate progress toward lighting the super
jackpot and completing the mode, respectively.

- Added art to the combo high score to date display effect in the
attract mode. Changed the font for the combo award and the combo
jackpot award.

- Increased lady justice "big value" score.

- Added design team members to the default (factory reset) HSTD.

- Increased the display/lamp/sound priorities for the multiball modes
(Coffin, Cross, Electric Chair, Snake). Previously, these were the
same as Fuel/Seek & Destroy, which caused interference. The priority
for Coffin was set to something higher than Cross/Electric Chair/Snake,
as Coffin is rare to get, and alternates between shots and the captive
ball (so there will be opportunity to see Cross/Electric Chair/Snake
effects on the shots when Coffin is available on the captive ball).

- Changed the names of the diagnostic buttons (these are translated now).

- Fixed a problem with the mystery sound effect not coming through due
to higher priority sound effects from previous effects taking too long
to finish up.

- Removed track #4 from outlane drain sound so big effects will not get
cut off.

- Fixed text running off the display.

Additional updates: PREMIUM V1.64 - April 23, 2015
======================

- The coffin magnet was not honoring the "disabled" adjustment. This
has been corrected.

#3944 8 years ago

No mention of the NODE board messages added.
met164node.jpgmet164node.jpg

#3945 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

No mention of the NODE board messages added.

This just makes it seem like they're using the same underlying system/test code for Sam and Spike.

#3946 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This just makes it seem like they're using the same underlying system/test code for Sam and Spike.

Probably true. But, release notes should state that.

#3947 8 years ago

"Added art to the combo high score to date display effect in the attract mode. Changed the font for the combo award and the combo jackpot award"

So I was wondering......if they added new art animation/changed dots to the attract mode, how does that effect those who are running a colorDMD? Will the new frames still appear, but just not colorized? Just curious.

#3948 8 years ago

Can anyone explain why the downloaded file looks like this? They've always shown up as a zip file in the past. Is this correct? I'm hesitant to try and load this on the game.

Met_164_file.jpgMet_164_file.jpg

#3949 8 years ago

It's fine, it just wasn't zipped this time. I updated mine a few minutes ago and everything is okay. I don't know why .BIN files are associated with internet explorer on your computer, but it doesn't matter unless you double click on it to try and open it there.

#3950 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply! Time to wipe out some high scores!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.