C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 434.
#3851 8 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a new sparky magnet or have the part #(I"ve looked at Marco and can't seem to find)? I'm sure that everyone else's is beat up as well. What concerns me is that some of the dents seem like they are lower than the play field and if I raise it the upper part of the magnet will be to high. I know in the end it will get beat up again, but it would be nice to start new again.

#3852 8 years ago

You could always take the core out and have it machined nice and flat again.

#3853 8 years ago

Dont bother with machining, just take it out and sand it flat. You can polish it afterwards if you want as well. My palm sander made short work of the TZ cores when I did them.

#3854 8 years ago

What did you use to sand yours. Did you round the edges once your were done as well?

#3855 8 years ago

Just my Bosch random orbit sander. I believe I used 80 or 100 and then got finer. Yea I knocked the edges down some. Then I polished them up. Only took about 20 min or so.

#3856 8 years ago

I always machine my cores so i know they are perfectly flat.

#3857 8 years ago

Is anyone have a file for any free play cards ? I can only find one and I dont like them that much?

#3858 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is anyone have a file for any free play cards ? I can only find one and I dont like them that much?

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/755_5400_XXUSCANnontournament.pdf

#3861 8 years ago

Thax I see a few that will do for now hopefully someone makes sone others

#3862 8 years ago

Here is my Metallica custom topper. It interacts with the game through a PIG2 controller.

#3863 8 years ago

Getting ready to start do the dots for "Seek and Destroy", can someone please tell me how to activate this mode?

Thanks in advance.

#3864 8 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Here is my Metallica custom topper. It interacts with the game through a PIG2 controller.
» YouTube video

Nice.

#3865 8 years ago

I am finally back home and thought there was a 1.64 code for the METLE. The nSter website only shows 1.63, which I am on, but I thought for sure there was a 1.64??

#3866 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Getting ready to start do the dots for "Seek and Destroy", can someone please tell me how to activate this mode?
Thanks in advance.

Light solid all the shots.

#3867 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Light solid all the shots.

Thanks.

#3868 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I am finally back home and thought there was a 1.64 code for the METLE. The stereve website only shows 1.63, which I am on, but I thought for sure there was a 1.64??

There is a 1.64 that is shipping with new LED Pros. I posted on Stern's facebook asking about it and was ignored. Lately they seem to reply to EVERYTHING but my question about it was ignored. It must be something very minor for them not to publicly release it but it would still be nice to know.

#3869 8 years ago

Yea id like to know the difference

#3870 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

There is a 1.64 that is shipping with new LED Pros. I posted on Stern's facebook asking about it and was ignored. Lately they seem to reply to EVERYTHING but my question about it was ignored. It must be something very minor for them not to publicly release it but it would still be nice to know.

Stern boasts about a 97pct response rate. But they never answer me. 1.64 i can confirm shipped with my met pro born on Jun 18.

#3871 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I am finally back home and thought there was a 1.64 code for the METLE. The nSter website only shows 1.63, which I am on, but I thought for sure there was a 1.64??

Finally! Get your hammer installed yet?

#3872 8 years ago

I wish I had someone that has 1.63 that can play my 1.64 that can say what the difference is. Has to be something very minor. Maybe they're waiting for us new to the club guys to be the guinea pigs lol!

#3873 8 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

» YouTube video

Can you make me one? Love it.

#3874 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Thanks in advance.

I got that mode last night and have no flipping clue how hahah. Hope someone can answer!

#3875 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think my game was made in April and is running 1.63

#3876 8 years ago

I decided to join the club and purchase a MET Pro. This thread has lots of information on varying types of protection needed for the machine. I believe the short list for the playfield is the magnet mylar, drop mylar, mystery hole protector. I also saw they have a whole playfield protector listed on bay. Has anyone purchased and installed this? Would this playfield protector be better than adding mylar? I am still relatively new to the hobby and want to ensure I do what's right to properly protect my new game. Any comments will be appreciated.

#3877 8 years ago
Quoted from baloo70:

I decided to join the club and purchase a MET Pro. This thread has lots of information on varying types of protection needed for the machine. I believe the short list for the playfield is the magnet mylar, drop mylar, mystery hole protector. I also saw they have a whole playfield protector listed on bay. Has anyone purchased and installed this? Would this playfield protector be better than adding mylar? I am still relatively new to the hobby and want to ensure I do what's right to properly protect my new game. Any comments will be appreciated.

Welcome, don't forget about the switch slot protectors.

#3878 8 years ago

<bloauote cite="#2537298">I decided to join the club and purchase a MET Pro. This thread has lots of information on varying types of protection needed for the machine. I believe the short list for the playfield is the magnet mylar, drop mylar, mystery hole protector. I also saw they have a whole playfield protector listed on bay. Has anyone purchased and installed this? Would this playfield protector be better than adding mylar? I am still relatively new to the hobby and want to ensure I do what's right to properly protect my new game. Any comments will be appreciated.

Yay another local you need any help or anything let me know .also the whole play field protector is not needed just get the cliffy set from passion from pinball and add 2 switch slot protectors also .I added mylar to my shooter lane and where the hall drops off the launch ramp and of course around the sparky magnet. ?

#3879 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I got that mode last night and have no flipping clue how hahah. Hope someone can answer!

See how all the main shots have the snake/cross/electric chair inserts? You need to light and lock them in. Finishing all of them starts Seek and Destroy. Sounds like you could maybe use a general rules overview, I highly recommend taking the time to read this, it will be a big help:

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/metallica-pro.3077/

#3880 8 years ago

Just got myself a Metallica Pro LED and purchased flipper fidelity speaker upgrade. I was looking for those speaker acrylics that are the M from the metallica logo. I'v seen them on a few machines on here but when I look online all i'm seeing are the ones with the "rock on" hand gestures (not a fan).

I'm assuming that M is trademarked and people are not able to recreate them. Any ideas on where I can get me a pair of those?

#3881 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwheelz:

Just got myself a Metallica Pro LED and purchased flipper fidelity speaker upgrade. I was looking for those speaker acrylics that are the M from the Metallica logo. I'v seen them on a few machines on here but when I look online all i'm seeing are the ones with the "rock on" hand gestures (not a fan).
I'm assuming that M is trademarked and people are not able to recreate them. Any ideas on where I can get me a pair of those?

For the exact same reason I didn't get any yet. Bump for you and I! The M looks much better.

#3882 8 years ago

Im in!

Just doing a few quick things before I start playing..... updated code,added newton ball, cleaned and waxed it, shaker, mylar on shooter lane and Cliffy eject protector, clear washers for below sling plastics, new ooh shiny's, clear flipper bands......ready to rock!

IMG_0559 (1).jpgIMG_0559 (1).jpgIMG_0560 (3).jpgIMG_0560 (3).jpg

#3883 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Finally! Get your hammer installed yet?

Indeed I did and it looks and works great!! Taking off the old hammer was a pita though!! That front screw was a hitch and I ended up twisting the head off lol.1435442066090-538028271.jpg1435442066090-538028271.jpg
1435442066090-538028271.jpg1435442066090-538028271.jpg1435442066090-538028271.jpg1435442066090-538028271.jpg

#3884 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That front screw was a hitch and I ended up twisting the head off lol.

Heh, same here.

#3885 8 years ago

Well I really lucked out at SFGE this year I picked up a really nice restored JM pin (which I'm loving) from a good buddy of mine in Atlanta. He acquired it in a deal in which he was also getting a METLE but had no room for the JM but in order to get the price he wanted on the METLE he would have to take JM as well so I payed for the JM and part of the agreement included the aurich hammer being removed from his new METLE,included in the sale to me with the JM and the stock hammer reinstalled on his Metallica. So for $2500 I scored a mint JM (new decals installed, mirror blades as well as a brand new unused/uninstalled set of JM ramps) and the aurich METLE hammer mod #25 of 30 so I finally got to put one on my Metallica LE I'd post some pics but pinside pics aren't working for me at the moment

#3886 8 years ago

ouch ! the begin of the end about the "lamp" love... !?

#3887 8 years ago

Seems to be a trend. Sold my heavily modded Tron and bought a METLE, one owner, HUO. Looking forward to a whole new world of adventure. I'll keep my picture of Quora close by.

#3888 8 years ago

To be clear, I didn't sell TRON to get roadcase, that would be silly

#3889 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

To be clear, I didn't sell TRON to get roadcase, that would be silly

I have Tron next to my Metallica. Peanut butter and jelly, they go great together.

#3890 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have Tron next to my Metallica. Peanut butter and jelly, they go great together.

Hell yeah... once we got Metallica we REALLY wanted Tron back to be beside it...and got it.

#3891 8 years ago

Quick question: Did all of the premiums and LEs come with the metal block area for the ball lock shot or did some ship with the captive ball there already?

#3892 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, that'll do.
IMG_20150620_105221986.jpgIMG_20150620_105221986.jpg

#3893 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Quick question: Did all of the premiums and LEs come with the metal block area for the ball lock shot or did some ship with the captive ball there already?

Nope, all block. Gotta swap it yourself.

#3895 8 years ago

All I had on my phone!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3896 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwheelz:

Just got myself a Metallica Pro LED and purchased flipper fidelity speaker upgrade. I was looking for those speaker acrylics that are the M from the Metallica logo. I'v seen them on a few machines on here but when I look online all i'm seeing are the ones with the "rock on" hand gestures (not a fan).

Had the same problem. I bought a set of these. He has different sizes so make sure they fit the speaker opening.
ebay.com link: itm

#3897 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwheelz:

Anyone looking for a speaker light kit and an acrylic design that is inspired by the Metallica star logo you can send me a message through www.SpeakerLightKits.com.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#3898 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nope, all block. Gotta swap it yourself.

Cool, thanks Aurich.

#3899 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Cool, thanks Aurich.

Its easy, you don't need to remove the hammer.

#3900 8 years ago

I'm in the club at last! Arrived , fitted decals and light mods, got to put in fangs and sub some flashers. Apart from all that- enjoying the game play! Fun,fun,fun.image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.