IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 433.
#3801 8 years ago

I put my order in Memorial Day weekend.

#3802 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_rookie:

I put my order in Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks for the reply. I suppose mine should just be a few more days then!

#3803 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Double checked when I got home:

image.jpg

That's weird on the number after the English is that your serial number? Cool that there will be an update coming

#3804 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

That's weird on the number after the English is that your serial number? Cool that there will be an update coming

Yep! That's the serial.

#3805 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Those of you getting your machines. When did you place your order? I placed mine on May 29th. I heard about the factory issue, but ive seen a couple of you guys get yours!

I didn't order one actually. I've been on and off the fence for over a month thinking about it and called Friday. One had one that came in Friday. So I went and got it Sunday morning. Was afraid of I didn't get one now NIB while I can I may kick myself later.

#3806 8 years ago

weird. the stern website has nothing on the 1.64 update

#3807 8 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg
#3808 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

A former Bally Williams snob has opened his mind a bit. Metallica is Stern's only game that LOOKS as good as a B/W. Outstanding art package. Long post elsehwere incoming on this change of heart.

Gotta get me a colorDMD in this puppy now

#3809 8 years ago

gosh darn it. I need to install the spinners..... stupid wiiu and splatoon!

#3810 8 years ago

Taygeta, I have IM and MET side-by-side too. At first I thought the layouts might be too similar, but they play differently and complement each other really well. I'd give the edge to MET, but I play IM just as much.

#3811 8 years ago

I thought so too at first, but after playing my friend's refinery MET, it is radically different. While the ramps are in roughly the same place, everything else is different. MET, while a rush and challenging, is easy as pie compared to IM.

I think I give the slight edge to IM for gameplay and replay factor, but MET blows it away from a artwork, sound, rules and in general package.

I am a bit biased as I'm currently modding my IM with my favorite mixtape and music of all time and will soon print out a custom translite to match said music that will make purists' heads explode. It'll be fun to watch.

I feel MET is Borg's best game thus far, even if I personally prefer IM. If that makes sense.

#3812 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I'm currently modding my IM with my favorite mixtape and music of all time

Cool, can't wait to see this.

#3813 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

gosh darn it. I need to install the spinners..... stupid wiiu and splatoon!

same thing with me but with RS

#3814 8 years ago

For those who want to install spinners themselves on the pro - I did this but my local dealer only had Tommy spinners and they're wider.
I was able to fit them but barely - there only is one spot on each side where they just have enough clearance.
So it's possible but it's better to order the correct type.

#3815 8 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

For those who want to install spinners themselves on the pro - I did this but my local dealer only had Tommy spinners and they're wider.
I was able to fit them but barely - there only is one spot on each side where they just have enough clearance.
So it's possible but it's better to order the correct type.

Tommy Spinners? Is this a mod like Hooked spinners? Did you have to modidy the plastics to make them fit? Are they connected to the standup targets at ramp entrance?

#3816 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I want an LED OCD for me MET just so the Crank It Up pulse on the 4 big inserts will look nicer.
I might have a problem.
Maybe I should just put colored incandescent bulbs in those inserts.

Small update on this. I tried putting colored incandescent bulbs in. Even with my double bulb per insert setup they were pathetically dim compared to everything else, so that's out. Wah.

#3817 8 years ago

Making another run at making translucent drop targets on Metallica. Have not lighted them up yet because I need to play test them.

photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto.JPGphoto.JPG

#3818 8 years ago

Anybody else take the sneeze guard off the right ramp? I took mine off a few weeks ago and have had fast ramp shots end up in the shooter lane, so I guess I'll put it back. Wish it wasn't so fugly.

#3819 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Anybody else take the sneeze guard off the right ramp? I took mine off a few weeks ago and have had fast ramp shots end up in the shooter lane, so I guess I'll put it back. Wish it wasn't so fugly.

Mine jumps the ramp from time to time even with it on there. Crazy ball speeds.

I think someone earlier in the thread made a metal top that matches the cage style of the bottom. This is an awesome thread, but is so big it has become unwieldy to go back and find stuff.

#3820 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Go look up S37VEN posts and buy his wire form.

#3821 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Go look up S37VEN posts and buy his wire form.

That's designed for the premium, isn't it? Pro doesn't have the right mount points from what I remember.

#3822 8 years ago

S37VEN hasn't made his wireform mod in quite a while. I'm still waiting for him to produce another run to get one (and I contacted him back in april and a few times since then).

#3823 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That's designed for the premium, isn't it? Pro doesn't have the right mount points from what I remember.

I put it on my pro. I just had to change the configuration of the plastic mounting point, and add another extension piece. It's a required mod if you want to take that sneeze guard off.

#3824 8 years ago

It's really not that difficult to make one, if S37VEN can't supply you one. Never know till you try.

#3825 8 years ago

I have an LE. The previous owner removed the right sneeze guard. I have never had any issues with it removed.

#3826 8 years ago

I took off the sneeze guard, but have only had one jump off in 300-400 games since. I guess my balls aren't as slippery as some others are. Maybe they just need a good polishing.

#3827 8 years ago

I've had a few fly off with the sneeze guard installed already. 3 times in 200 plays.

Finally did some of the things I wanted to do since I got the machine. Nothing new mod wise to anyone here but did the Pinbits protectors, Pingraffix Pinblades, MezelMods fangs and tongue, Iamdarras coffin decal, and started tweaking some LED's. Cliffy's are on the way.
image.jpgimage.jpg
image-745.jpgimage-745.jpg
image-433.jpgimage-433.jpg
image-192.jpgimage-192.jpg

#3828 8 years ago

I just put this little guy on mine. Lights up real nice when the lightning strip fires.

IMGA0945.JPGIMGA0945.JPG

#3829 8 years ago

Ball flew off 1st game after removed, promptly put the guard back. Looks way better without, but...

#3830 8 years ago

Just added/tweaked some dots for my MET

Blackened.pngBlackened.png
Blackened Riders.pngBlackened Riders.png
Guitar Picks.pngGuitar Picks.png

#3831 8 years ago

Nice Mike, I like the picks better now that they're not super lavender.

#3832 8 years ago

Hey guys where can i buy those Metal (switch ball drop) protectors

Thanks

#3833 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Thanks

The inlane ones? Those are from Cliffy.

#3834 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Thanks

Passion for pinball

#3835 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I've had a few fly off with the sneeze guard installed already. 3 times in 200 plays.
Finally did some of the things I wanted to do since I got the machine. Nothing new mod wise to anyone here but did the Pinbits protectors, Pingraffix Pinblades, MezelMods fangs and tongue, Iamdarras coffin decal, and started tweaking some LED's. Cliffy's are on the way.
image.jpg
image-745.jpg
image-433.jpg
image-192.jpg

Hey buddy did you get the black lights to go with the blades? If not id highly recommend them as they really add to everything

#3837 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Tommy Spinners? Is this a mod like Hooked spinners? Did you have to modidy the plastics to make them fit? Are they connected to the standup targets at ramp entrance?

Yes, instead of buying the mod or ordering the Stern parts from the usa, I just tried what I could buy locally (much cheaper).

Spinners for a Data East Tommy also have the microswitch assembly on them, but they are a bit more wide than the spinners Stern now uses. So they are a very tight fit.
I had to cut the plastics like you have to do for the mod, installation is the same as documented
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-hkd-metallica-pro-with-add-on-spinners

#3838 8 years ago

Finally unboxed my premium last weekend; wow.. must be one of the most beautiful games I ever played!

#3839 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice Mike, I like the picks better now that they're not super lavender.

Me too

#3840 8 years ago

Pinnovators.com

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3841 8 years ago

I took the sneeze guard off my right ramp a while back and have never had a ball fly off. I wonder why there are such varied results? I do have my game pretty steep.

#3842 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I took the sneeze guard off my right ramp a while back and have never had a ball fly off. I wonder why there are such varied results? I do have my game pretty steep.

Aside from the age old "every machine is different", if you have the game steep enough I would guess the ball typically slows down enough going up and around the ramp there's less chance of it launching off. If the game is less steep or you really fire a ball up there on the fly, the ball probably has enough flipper energy and momentum left in it to hop the wireform.

I know I've had some shots rip pretty fast down that right ramp - would not be surprised to see them jump into the shooter lane.

#3843 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

image.jpg
image-745.jpg
image-433.jpg
image-192.jpg

I have had 2 since I removed mine, and that's been 10 months now.. It looks better removed, a lot cleaner. Another way to clean up the look is get rid of the spotlights off the slingshots. I never been a fan of anything on the slingshots of any pinball machine, these things are hideous. You can enjoy the art on the sling plastic, where the spotlight interfered. No huge difference in lightening and others have complimented the cleaner look of it.

#3844 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I have had 2 since I removed mine, and that's been 10 months now.. It looks better removed, a lot cleaner. Another way to clean up the look is get rid of the spotlights off the slingshots. I never been a fan of anything on the slingshots of any pinball machine, these things are hideous. You can enjoy the art on the sling plastic, where the spotlight interfered. No huge difference in lightening and others have complimented the cleaner look of it.

I took my sling spots off too. I just don't see the need for them. I play in a dark room, but not pitch black. I like to be able to see people etc.

#3845 8 years ago

Finally got my NIB machine yesterday (ordered it on May 29th, but was delayed due to manufacturing issues.) I kept telling myself I was just going to put one more mod in, until I was all out of mods to do! Short video of the final result. Set quality to 1080p!

#3846 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Finally got my NIB machine yesterday (ordered it on May 29th, but was delayed due to manufacturing issues.) I kept telling myself I was just going to put one more mod in, until I was all out of mods to do! Short video of the final result. Set quality to 1080p!
» YouTube video

Super. It's always just one more mod.

#3847 8 years ago

Yep just one more mod

Thanks to the idea of mustang Paul I added one. Pictures don't do it justice, much more reddish in real life

Hooked it up for the moment to the GIcircuit. Will set a 5 to 12 volt inverter but think 12 volt might be to bright. I want them to go out with the GI, preparing for the GI theater mod

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#3848 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yep just one more mod
Thanks to the idea of mustang Paul I added one. Pictures don't do it justice, much more reddish in real life
Hooked it up for the moment to the GIcircuit. Will set a 5 to 12 volt inverter but think 12 volt might be to bright. I want them to go out with the GI, preparing for the GI theater mod image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

Hey cool, now there 2 of us with lit ramps. Did you know that before you post a picture you can rotate it now?

#3849 8 years ago

I like the ramps Rensh, might have to give that a go myself.

#3850 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I like the ramps Rensh, might have to give that a go myself.

If you want better leds the strip on the bottom are the ones to get, more leds and a much narrower strip.

IMGA0888.jpgIMGA0888.jpg

IMGA0915.jpgIMGA0915.jpg

IMGA0918.jpgIMGA0918.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 25.50
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.