C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 434.
#3751 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

i got so tired of looking for a NIB Premium for the last month, so I finally pulled the trigger & placed my order with Steve for a pimped out MET LED Pro Pinball Refinery Edition. Won't be long now until I "officially" join the club Can't wait!

I picked up my Metallica from Steve last weekend. Steve did an amazing job on my Metallica Pro. I wish I could of added even more mods but ran out of money doing so. I saw your machine sitting there being worked on. You'll love it he does great work.

#3752 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

That looks great! I got a monster green one to put as my captive ball. I got to wait till I get my playfield back from stern to put it in. I still need to send the playfield to them first but I haven't had time to remove and ship it out. Was it hard to install the power ball?

Super easy install. Took a couple minutes. I wanted something non magnetic there so I could play with the magnet settings. Regular ball would sometimes magentize.

So far I like the way it plays.

#3753 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Give me a shout buddy

Just did!

Looks like I will have one next week. First NIB for me.

#3754 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Power Ball captive ball.
power-captive.jpg

do you not have the snake tongue sticker?

#3755 8 years ago

I need to install my spinners! ugh!!! stupid house projects and wife making plans.

#3756 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

do you not have the snake tongue sticker?

Nope. Is it all that and a bag of chips?

#3757 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Super easy install. Took a couple minutes. I wanted something non magnetic there so I could play with the magnet settings. Regular ball would sometimes magentize.
So far I like the way it plays.

But how will it stand up to the hard impacts, without it moving to lessen the impact of the hit it could get destroyed. Time will tell.

#3758 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But how will it stand up to the hard impacts, without it moving to lessen the impact of the hit it could get destroyed. Time will tell.

Only one way to find out!

#3759 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Only one way to find out!

Yup.........let someone else try it.

#3760 8 years ago

I finally fixed my drop targets today... I had the common issue of them not dropping if hit hard. I moved the springs up on the hooks about 18 windings based on info posted here. That initially seemed to work, then the targets starting resetting 3 times and staying down (another issue I've read about). I backed the springs about halfway and the targets are working great now.

I noticed the springs in mine were blue, the ones in the machine posted here were red. Not sure if that indicates a different tension or not. This was just one of those minor annoyances I put up with for too long. It didn't really start bothering me until I got a feel for the rules and could tell how bad the game was ripping me off.

#3761 8 years ago

I know the information is in this thread somewhere but I have been through 30 pages and cant seem to find it. Can someone please direct me to the link to buy the best sparky protector plastic? (the yellow web one?) Thanks.

#3762 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I know the information is in this thread somewhere but I have been through 30 pages and cant seem to find it. Can someone please direct me to the link to buy the best sparky protector plastic? (the yellow web one?) Thanks.

You can order it from Pinbits. They don't show a picture of it but in the description the sparky protector is included. Just ordered this set recently and received all three pieces.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_74&products_id=619&zenid=cc19180c6e35af7d8633660c153e20bd

#3763 8 years ago

Guys I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've had this issue from day one with my Met Prem and I guess I'm just not smart enough to know how to fix it. My very left outlane constantly traps the ball (about where the last of the 3 stand up targets is, but of course to the left of those targets in the outlane) Unless the ball is just FLYING it gets stopped there every time and I have to take the glass off and push on the metal railing to get it to release the ball. How can I fix this or is this a defect since it was like this new out of the box? Any suggestions/tips are greatly appreciated!!!

#3764 8 years ago

Please post a picture of the spot where the ball gets stuck

#3765 8 years ago

I want an LED OCD for me MET just so the Crank It Up pulse on the 4 big inserts will look nicer.

I might have a problem.

Maybe I should just put colored incandescent bulbs in those inserts.

#3766 8 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

You can order it from Pinbits. They don't show a picture of it but in the description the sparky protector is included. Just ordered this set recently and received all three pieces.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_74&products_id=619&zenid=cc19180c6e35af7d8633660c153e20bd

That is the one I have on mine and you do indeed get the plastic protectors and sparky protector. You can even request different colors if you email them.

20150416_191613_zpsriedgmz8.JPG20150416_191613_zpsriedgmz8.JPG20150416_191633_zpsk1n0zcci.JPG20150416_191633_zpsk1n0zcci.JPG

#3767 8 years ago

I requested the clear protector. Mine is plain, no spiderwebs. I got the green sling protectors. I'll be honest, they're cool looking, but too much. Going to take them off my game. Just not a fan of how the color is so dominant on the playfield. Nothing wrong with the quality or design.

If I can every find enough free time to finish up this Metallica mod I've been working on I have new plans for the slingshots anyways, so not big deal for me.

#3768 8 years ago

Took off green sling protectors after I got the clear Pinbits set.

#3769 8 years ago

I drilled holes in my sling protectors where the eyeballs are. Now they look much better because they are lit by white light not green.

#3770 8 years ago

I saw that pic you posted a while back MustangPaul. Definitely a big improvement for keeping the green and some of the original plastic color. That's my primary beef with colored GI in general... I'd rather see the color of the plastics come through.

#3771 8 years ago

Finally joined today. Built 6/9 so not even a week old. Found these playfield numbers interesting. Just playfield numbers of a lot?

Love the game and can't believe I didn't care for it when it came out. It really was polished with the more recent code. FWIW this came with 1.64 code which is needs than the 1.63 Stern has in their site.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-891.jpgimage-891.jpg
image-992.jpgimage-992.jpg
image-726.jpgimage-726.jpg
image-129.jpgimage-129.jpg
image-865.jpgimage-865.jpg

#3772 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

FWIW this came with 1.64 code which is needs than the 1.63 Stern has in their site.

Might just be a minor update for the LED Pros, since they have options for the lighting.

#3773 8 years ago

My LED Pro build on April 9th has 1.63 on it.

#3774 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Guys I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've had this issue from day one with my Met Prem and I guess I'm just not smart enough to know how to fix it. My very left outlane constantly traps the ball (about where the last of the 3 stand up targets is, but of course to the left of those targets in the outlane) Unless the ball is just FLYING it gets stopped there every time and I have to take the glass off and push on the metal railing to get it to release the ball. How can I fix this or is this a defect since it was like this new out of the box? Any suggestions/tips are greatly appreciated!!!

I think you mean left orbit, not left outlane. The outlanes are where your ball drains on the outside.

My ball was getting stuck in the left orbit, as well. I simply pushed on the wireguide in that area, and it hasn't gotten stuck again since. I've only played about five games since then, so we'll see if that was the solution.

#3775 8 years ago

Just a quick heads up, I will be putting my MetPro up for sale sometime this week soon. Lots of goodies on this one.

You can put my name in the "Find posts in this topic" search bar at the top of this page to see a good number of the things that have been done to this machine.

As usual, I'll be putting up a thorough thread with a good 30+ pictures and a video of two of gameplay.

Look for it soon.

#3776 8 years ago

So what's the consensus (or is there one)? Should I be asking pinbits for the clear slingshot protectors or does the green work with the cut out below the eyes? Is there another colour to try that might work better? And the sparky protector just the default (yellow/green?) looks ok?

#3777 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Just a quick heads up, I will be putting my MetPro up for sale sometime this week soon. Lots of goodies on this one.
You can put my name in the "Find posts in this topic" search bar at the top of this page to see a good number of the things that have been done to this machine.
As usual, I'll be putting up a thorough thread with a good 30+ pictures and a video of two of gameplay.
Look for it soon.

Sorry to see you leave but thanks for the warning.

#3778 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I requested the clear protector. Mine is plain, no spiderwebs. I got the green sling protectors. I'll be honest, they're cool looking, but too much. Going to take them off my game. Just not a fan of how the color is so dominant on the playfield. Nothing wrong with the quality or design.
If I can every find enough free time to finish up this Metallica mod I've been working on I have new plans for the slingshots anyways, so not big deal for me.

Well I was interested in the pinbits protectors but now I'll wait for your MOD.....some more Hook it up dude!!

#3779 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

So what's the consensus (or is there one)? Should I be asking pinbits for the clear slingshot protectors or does the green work with the cut out below the eyes? Is there another colour to try that might work better? And the sparky protector just the default (yellow/green?) looks ok?

Red might look good, then the flames behind the eyeball would be red.

#3780 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Look for it soon.

Man, you don't keep games very long do you......LOL. Seriously, GLWS, but you won't need it, this shouldn't last long at all. NPO is definitely one of the good guys. Buy with confidence.

#3781 8 years ago

Can you post a pic of your with the green having been cut out by the eyes. I that looks good I might just go with the green. I'd try red but without seeing it first I dunno.

#3782 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Can you post a pic of your with the green having been cut out by the eyes. I that looks good I might just go with the green. I'd try red but without seeing it first I dunno.

The orange ones and my green ones are on page 69.

#3783 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Well I was interested in the pinbits protectors but now I'll wait for your MOD.....some more Hook it up dude!!

It would be done if I wasn't a crazy person and agreed to do Alien. Now it's hard to find time to do my own projects. I got an ACDC Premium finally and have new ideas for that too ...

Don't worry, soon as I have free time Metallica is the priority. I took my LE to a league meetup the other weekend with my current prototype installed and people were digging it.

#3784 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think you mean left orbit, not left outlane. The outlanes are where your ball drains on the outside.
My ball was getting stuck in the left orbit, as well. I simply pushed on the wireguide in that area, and it hasn't gotten stuck again since. I've only played about five games since then, so we'll see if that was the solution.

You are right, I meant the left orbit, sorry. And I've pushed on the wireguide and it fixed the problem for a little while. But it gets stuck shortly there after (say maybe 15-30 games later) Just becoming a real pain and I don't know how to fix it.

#3785 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

It really was polished with the more recent code. FWIW this came with 1.64 code which is needs than the 1.63 Stern has in their site.

I wonder what the difference is? There is no 1.64 on the stern site. This sounds interesting. Congrats with the game lots of fun!

#3786 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Finally joined today. Built 6/9 so not even a week old. Found these playfield numbers interesting. Just playfield numbers of a lot?
Love the game and can't believe I didn't care for it when it came out. It really was polished with the more recent code. FWIW this came with 1.64 code which is needs than the 1.63 Stern has in their site.
image.jpg
image-891.jpg
image-992.jpg
image-726.jpg
image-129.jpg
image-865.jpg

Very cool my play field is 1485 of the same batch . I only have codec1.63 tho wonder what the difference is

#3787 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Same date here with 1.63

#3788 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The orange ones and my green ones are on page 69.

Thanks - I ordered the orange set with the fluorescent green sparky protector (to match my custom painted green sparky).

#3789 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nope. Is it all that and a bag of chips?

And a can of pop! It just makes it look sooooo much better.

#3790 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Mine too

#3791 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

And a can of pop! It just makes it look sooooo much better.

I agree. Simple and cheap mod that has a nice effect. ..

#3792 8 years ago

Quick suggestion for a possible code update....

Can we get a 1 or 2 second ball save on the left outlane when you shoot behind the piston targets?!?! Damn its frustrating to (finally) make the shot and have it bounce back down into the inlanes and then bounce directly to the left outlane.

Anyone made adjustments to keep this from happening?

#3793 8 years ago

always be nudging :/

#3794 8 years ago

Double checked when I got home:

image.jpgimage.jpg
#3795 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

image.jpg

I wonder what the difference is

#3796 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I wonder what the difference is

Sorry.... couldn't resist

#3797 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Quick suggestion for a possible code update....
Can we get a 1 or 2 second ball save on the left outlane when you shoot behind the piston targets?!?! Damn its frustrating to (finally) make the shot and have it bounce back down into the inlanes and then bounce directly to the left outlane.
Anyone made adjustments to keep this from happening?

A nice forward/forward-right nudge typically keeps the ball away from that outlane. It's dangerous, that's for sure.

#3798 8 years ago

Look what the pinball fairy left behind. image.jpgimage.jpg

#3799 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

image.jpg

maybe I need to recheck....I feel like sparky half the time all fried up

#3800 8 years ago

Those of you getting your machines. When did you place your order? I placed mine on May 29th. I heard about the factory issue, but ive seen a couple of you guys get yours!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.