IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 433.
#3702 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Another thing that would be nice is a choice of accepting a mystery scoop award, or skipping it to keep working on your mystery level (completing the rollover targets) to get better quality awards.

Awesome idea.

#3703 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

If there was one more update what would you guys like to see?
For me seek and destroy should be tweaked so that it doesn't hinder crank it up qualifying progress.
I also wish that they'd implement the original vision for unique modes for each band member. This is a big ask though.
The spinners seem under utilized as does blowing up Pistons.

I think S&D is fine as is for clearing CIU progress but I wish there was more control over it to let me avoid starting it. Maybe add it to the scoop as an optional CIU mode when it's ready? Then I can choose to NOT start it over and over? I dunno.

Band member modes are a wish but super unlikely.

I know for fact spinner rules are planned, but are coming ???, if ever.

The pistons and fuel lane light rules are so cool in theory but are basically pointless in the present execution - would love to see such a neat rule used to full effect.

My #1:
We need a Death Magnetic song for Coffin MB; FWTBT is used twice in the game, was clearly a placeholder in coffin MB, and has nothing to do with the artwork or theme of the mode. All Nightmare Long seems like a natural fit to me... would LOVE to see this revisited.

#3704 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I think S&D is fine as is for clearing CIU progress but I wish there was more control over it to let me avoid starting it. Maybe add it to the scoop as an optional CIU mode when it's ready? Then I can choose to NOT start it over and over? I dunno.
Band member modes are a wish but super unlikely.
I know for fact spinner rules are planned, but are coming ???, if ever.
The pistons and fuel lane light rules are so cool in theory but are basically pointless in the present execution - would love to see such a neat rule used to full effect.
My #1:
We need a Death Magnetic song for Coffin MB; FWTBT is used twice in the game, was clearly a placeholder in coffin MB, and has nothing to do with the artwork or theme of the mode. All Nightmare Long seems like a natural fit to me... would LOVE to see this revisited.

Great ideas and for sure all nightmare long would be a great
Fit What a great song that is

#3705 8 years ago

Are there adjustments to help the ball not bounce off the orbit post?

90% of the time, it bounces back instead of stopping the ball and dropping to the pops.

#3706 8 years ago

I put the totan metal post in mine which has helped a lot.

#3707 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Thanks for the tip. I'm seeing a lot of "posts" for TOTAN, any specific part numbers I should look for?

#3708 8 years ago

Been a while since I bought it but I believe it was this one. I'll hope that someone can confirm though before you buy one as they aren't super cheap.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17986

#3709 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

90% of the time, it bounces back instead of stopping the ball and dropping to the pops.

Quoted from 85vett:

Quoted from 85vett:

Been a while since I bought it but I believe it was this one. I'll hope that someone can confirm though before you buy one as they aren't super cheap.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17986

Here's the one I used from Pinballlife. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3591

Same part number.

#3710 8 years ago

+1 to the metal post. It works great

#3711 8 years ago

Try making it steeper. Mine usually goes into the top lanes as designed. Mine is a premium however so possibly the spinner is slowing the ball down to the correct speed.

#3712 8 years ago

The metal post didn't work on mine very well at all. Maybe 10% better.

#3713 8 years ago

Mine is an early run premium. With the standard post I would easily get ~80% rejects on a direct left orbit shot. With the metal post I'm not sure I've ever seen a reject... pitch at ~6.8 degrees

That said, on my friends Metallica late run premium, he has the stock post and rarely gets rejects. Not sure on pitch, but the difference is surprising. Maybe the wireform guide in the back of the orbit was changed in later runs to be more sloped or something?

#3714 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

The metal post didn't work on mine very well at all. Maybe 10% better.

Made a huge difference on mine. Would almost alway bounce back on a left orbit shot, now rarely ever does. Bummer that it didn't help yours out.

#3715 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Made a huge difference on mine. Would almost alway bounce back on a left orbit shot, now rarely ever does. Bummer that it didn't help yours out.

Yea.. I was excited because of all the success others had with the metal post. I'm at 6.5degrees, too. Should it be more?

#3716 8 years ago

I'll have to pay more attention to mine, but it has factory post and can only recall it bouncing back down the lane a few times. It pretty much always stops dead and drops into the pops (LED Pro bought in January).

#3717 8 years ago

I heard a rumor that stern stopped shipping games this week because of a peeling paint defect with metallica (and possibly kiss?). Churchill cabinet was on site working to resolve the issue. Sounds like it has been fixed for future orders but for those of you that are having the issue now, might be worth a call to stern.

#3718 8 years ago

This could be true because my MET LED pro machine was suppose to ship the 8th, but nothing yet.

#3719 8 years ago

Mine was held up from shipping also. A good thing, hopefully!

#3720 8 years ago

Hopefully mine I just got dont do it, it was born on April 9 ill probably never know as I put mylar down before playing

#3721 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm not sure how they could tweak S&D to not hinder CIU progress. Once S&D is started, it means all three inserts in all five lanes was completed. If it doesn't "clear," then every shot except the picks, FUEL, and Mystery would count toward CIU progress. You also wouldn't be able to start S&D again if it didn't clear. Maybe have a setting where it doesn't clear until after the second CIU mode is started?
I would also like to see unique modes for each band member. It's kind of weird when one of them says, "Hey, my mode just started," but the only thing that happens is the pick insert lights by the name. Maybe four unique hurry-ups for each band member?
I sold my METLE for the Pro LED, so the spinner rules don't apply to me anymore.
I would like to see them keep the song "Blackened" but add the song "The Four Horsemen" and make that the mode it was supposed to be.
I would like to have "Ride the Lightning" start from the beginning of the song on Sparky Multiball instead of a guitar solo 1/3 of the way through (I fixed this through Pinball Browser, but it would still be nice if they fixed it).

I would be in favor of some victory laps after completing S&D that would give you double CIU progress or possibly make each pass through S&D a multiplier towards subsequent CIU progress (like if you've done S&D once then the lit inserts would give 2 items the next time through etc.). I think those would be better than having S&D just not reset and being a once-per-game mode, although that might not be terrible either.

I whole-heartedly agree on The Four Horsemen being needed for the mode that was clearly designed for it.

Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)...this song is definitely one I would like to add if I were ever to take the time to figure out how to do it.

Sanitarium happens to be almost exactly the same length as Unforgiven..

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I second this. All Nightmare Long or My Apocalypse would be good choices.

Quoted from Rickwh:

Another thing that would be nice is a choice of accepting a mystery scoop award, or skipping it to keep working on your mystery level (completing the rollover targets) to get better quality awards.

A cancel out of the mystery award would be great. I was thinking the same thing.

#3722 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

The biggest adjustment for me has been adding spinners. MET was probably designed with the LE (spinners) in mind. I have the metal post also but noticed a large improvement in bouncebacks after adding the spinners.

#3723 8 years ago

Added speaker panel to met. Now to continue with a whole list of stuff.

11401066_760580042250_2855157276848015706_n.jpg11401066_760580042250_2855157276848015706_n.jpg
#3724 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Added speaker panel to met. Now to continue with a whole list of stuff.

11401066_760580042250_2855157276848015706_n.jpg

There's so much out there you could double the cost of your game.

#3725 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So true... I have the Mezel speakers and some other but my two favorite mods are relatively inexpensive. The eyeball decal for the coffin (plain one looks naked now) and a green flasher for the snake. Having the whole area behind him light up green is so much more eye catching when its prompting you to make his shot, and looks great when the playfield goes dark and he lights up green during the tally.

If I had to choose, I'd say that snake flasher is my favorite thing and it cost like 2 bucks.

#3726 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

This is so TRUE! I don't even want to tally up what i've spent on mods

#3727 8 years ago

Fyi, the metal orbit post worked like a charm. Thanks fellas...

#3728 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

green flasher for the snake. Having the whole area behind him light up green is so much more eye catching when its prompting you to make his shot, and looks great when the playfield goes dark and he lights up green during the tally.

Yeah, I dig it on mine too.

#3729 8 years ago

Two questions!

1) Is there a way to fix the inline drops not going down when hit square by a fast ball? It's super annoying.

2) I had 2/3 drops down, hit the right ramp, and the drops reset. First time it's ever happened. Any idea what's up?

#3730 8 years ago

Looks like stern may make a new premium run

#3731 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Two questions!
1) Is there a way to fix the inline drops not going down when hit square by a fast ball? It's super annoying.
2) I had 2/3 drops down, hit the right ramp, and the drops reset. First time it's ever happened. Any idea what's up?

1) There are posts about changing or adjusting the springs to help them drop quicker, but on mine this problem went away after a few hundred plays. The only time I see it now is right after a waxing when the ball is screaming around, but even that is a rare occurrence.

2) Those were dropped during a multiball. They will stay down and allow you to start Grave as long as you DON'T hit a ramp first - actually I think hitting the orbits will reset them as well.

#3732 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Looks like stern may make a new premium run

Source?

#3734 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

The way the drops and Cross MB qualification works isn't as intuitive as one would think, the logic works something like this AFAIK...

To start Cross multiball (once) you require 4 "MB qualification" shots AND a clear shot to the back cross opto.

In single ball play, this is very straightforward - each drop target counts as one 'qualifier', advances bonus X, one CIU cross, and gets you closer to the back off the cross lane. Once the cross is exposed, one more shot is the last qualifier needed and Cross MB will start on the 5th.

In multiball play (with the exception of Coffin which allows stacking) or in CIU modes, hits to the cross targets do NOT add "MB qualification" shots. So even though you knock down targets, they don't actually progress you toward Cross MB, but the do get you a clear shot to the back of the cross lane and you should be acquiring bonus X and CIU progress.

Once you exit the MB/CIU mode, the drop target logic works something along these lines:

If you have 3 or more "MB qualification" shots made previous to whatever your mode was (ie - you made some combination of cross shots on a previous ball or before the mode) the drops will stay down until you drain, and you can shoot the back cross opto to keep progressing to cross MB. If you do NOT have enough qualification shots, the drops will reset on a snake, ramp or orbit shot (because the game knows the ball isn't trapped behind the drops). What is interesting is if you avoid shooting these other shots and focus on the cross lane where you might have a 1-3 targets down already, you can then keep progressing to cross MB without having to shoot all the dangerous drops and/or acquire an extra "qualifier" so that the cross drops wont reset.

It's a bit confusing and I'm not 100% sure I have the logic nailed down but essentially you need to realize that Cross drops don't necessarily equal cross MB progression in all cases, and if you don't have enough progression, they will reset on certain playfield shots.

#3735 8 years ago

I hope they don't make anything more than Pros. Keeps us Premium and LE owners investment from going down the tubes

#3736 8 years ago

They are just wanting customers to tell their distributor and if there is enough interest they may? It was posted to FB... kinda trolling, but there have been many wanting one and the license is still valid.

#3737 8 years ago

Thanks for the info on the grave drops. Pretty insane how intricate those things are! I'll do some research on the actual tightening of the drops, too.

#3738 8 years ago

Have any of you sold your sparkys? I may end up with an extra one, curious what the true market value is.

#3739 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Have any of you sold your sparkys? I may end up with an extra one, curious what the true market value is.

I can't believe Stern doesn't crank these out at quantity so people who want a second one to try painting or just want it as decor could have one. Seems like easy money.

#3740 8 years ago

Anyone have an issue with their snake head breaking off the back mounting screw and also breaking off the top of the mount. My snake did both and is just resting on the top of the bracket. Just curious if anyone else has this issue.

Thanks Chris

#3741 8 years ago

our Metallica is on route and doing well! ( i want it home )

#3742 8 years ago

Want to join the club. What's a fair price for NIB on the pro LED?

#3743 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Three good choices to call are:

JJ @ Game Exchange Colorado
Cointaker
Trent @ Tilt

Great game!

#3744 8 years ago

i got so tired of looking for a NIB Premium for the last month, so I finally pulled the trigger & placed my order with Steve for a pimped out MET LED Pro Pinball Refinery Edition. Won't be long now until I "officially" join the club Can't wait!

#3745 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

i got so tired of looking for a NIB Premium for the last month, so I finally pulled the trigger & placed my order with Steve for a pimped out MET LED Pro Pinball Refinery Edition. Won't be long now until I "officially" join the club Can't wait!

Cool. What options did ya get?

#3746 8 years ago

Picking up my NIB Pro from Sern Tuesday, can't wait!! I also get a tour.

#3747 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

i got so tired of looking for a NIB Premium for the last month, so I finally pulled the trigger & placed my order with Steve for a pimped out MET LED Pro Pinball Refinery Edition.

Yea, Stern doesn't always do a great job pre-guessing or adapting production levels on their Premium or LE models, yet they have no problems making Pros.

#3748 8 years ago

Power Ball captive ball.
power-captive.jpgpower-captive.jpg

#3749 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Give me a shout buddy

#3750 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Power Ball captive ball.

power-captive.jpg(Click image to enlarge)

That looks great! I got a monster green one to put as my captive ball. I got to wait till I get my playfield back from stern to put it in. I still need to send the playfield to them first but I haven't had time to remove and ship it out. Was it hard to install the power ball?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.