IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 433.
#3551 8 years ago

Sounds like the hunt begins then.

Also wondering since Metallica has become so popular, what are the chances of an "ACDC Luci" scenario where another Premium version gets released at a later date due to demand? Speculation I know, but if it's such a great pin & the demand is there, it seems like a no brainer.

#3552 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Also wondering since Metallica has become so popular, what are the chances of an "ACDC Luci" scenario where another Premium version gets released at a later date due to demand? Speculation I know, but if it's such a great pin & the demand is there, it seems like a no brainer.

Seems alot of premiums and le for sale bc people want the extra cash and then they just get the pro since its probably the best pro ever.

#3553 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I honestly think it's low. Be very cool if it happened, but my understanding is the Premium just didn't sell that well.

ACDC I think was an exception because the Premium was so popular, and the Pro mostly snubbed by collectors. Metallica Pro doesn't have that problem.

#3554 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Money's getting tight with a new baby on the way

WHAT??? Congrats!

#3555 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I may be forced to make the change though to get some extra cash

You can always sell me Star Trek. Or AC DC. Or Avengers. Or you can just sell your MOPLE and play mine when you have the urge.

#3556 8 years ago

My Metallica got an upgrade today. Game changer for sure!

20150519_191431.jpg20150519_191431.jpg
#3557 8 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

My Metallica got an upgrade today. Game changer for sure!

20150519_191431.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Gee I can't tell what it is.

#3558 8 years ago

Going a little led strip ramp light up nuts here. I added a red led strip to each of the metal ramps that are tied into the flashers under the ramp cut outs. It REALLY makes the ramps light up.

IMGA0909.JPGIMGA0909.JPG
IMGA0911.JPGIMGA0911.JPG
IMGA0916.JPGIMGA0916.JPG
IMGA0913.JPGIMGA0913.JPG
IMGA0914.JPGIMGA0914.JPG
IMGA0915.JPGIMGA0915.JPG
IMGA0918.JPGIMGA0918.JPG

#3559 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Going a little led strip ramp light up here. I added a red led strip to each of the metal ramps that are tied into the flashers under the ramp cut outs. It REALLY makes the ramps light up.

IMGA0909.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMGA0911.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMGA0916.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMGA0913.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMGA0914.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMGA0915.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMGA0918.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Wont the ball possibly damage those and possibly short out something ?

#3560 8 years ago

A little much for me but I like the thought process.

Bigd - Should be OK. You could use the waterproof strips to be on the safe side. The extra cushion would help out there.

#3561 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Going a little led strip ramp light up here. I added a red led strip to each of the metal ramps that are tied into the flashers under the ramp cut outs. It REALLY makes the ramps light up.

I did a similar thing. I put strips of LEDs up under the backbox above the PF pointing down that are tied in to the snake and ramp flashers. Floods the whole back end of the game with light rather than just the ramps. I'm not a big fan of all the visible LED stuff people are adding to ramps these days. To each their own of course.

#3562 8 years ago

Getting a Met pro and was going to buy a color dmd but, its not available. Anyone know when they will get more?

Should I check often?

#3563 8 years ago

In their Facebook it says they are building more now Metallica sold them out you may be able to preorder one though I'm not sure shoot them an email

#3564 8 years ago

just wow for all these nice mods, but... just one ask : while wasting time in these, do you still have time to just play with your pin(s) ?

#3565 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wont the ball possibly damage those and possibly short out something ?

Not at all, these strips are half as wide as a normal strip. I checked where the ball travels on the ramp and it misses by a good margin.

#3566 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I did a similar thing. I put strips of LEDs up under the backbox above the PF pointing down that are tied in to the snake and ramp flashers.

My Refinery Pro came that way.

#3567 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

just wow for all these nice mods, but... just one ask : while wasting time in these, do you still have time to just play with your pin(s) ?

but of course, if anything it makes you play more to see all the neat stuff go off.

#3568 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not at all, these strips are half as wide as a normal strip. I checked where the ball travels on the ramp and it misses by a good margin.

Yea i see that but im sure they will get hit still

#3569 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea i see that but im sure they will get hit still

I'm not worried about it, I've had them on my T3 for a month now and no problems.

#3570 8 years ago

Cool deal man

#3571 8 years ago

The ball is a red swoosh as it goes up the ramp.

#3572 8 years ago

sorry for the repost Im just seeing if anybody knowshow to help with this.
the inline drop target bank of my Metallica. During the game, the drop targets will reset spontaneous three times straight, without any reason

#3573 8 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

the inline drop target bank of my Metallica. During the game, the drop targets will reset spontaneous three times straight, without any reason
» YouTube video

The game thinks they're down. Have you gone into switch test to see if if they're registering correctly when they are up and registering correctly when they're down?

#3574 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

maybe it's just me, but my thought was that the "monster premium" was essentially the same scenario as what "luci" was

#3575 8 years ago

I joined the club ... this game is amazing!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3576 8 years ago

congrats, but what's cheech marin doing on your backglass?

#3577 8 years ago

Look, my hairline is trying to slowly crawl back to my neck too, so I'm not trying to throw stones here, but couldn't they have gone with a pic that was a little less "HEY CHECK OUT MY MASSIVE FOREHEAD"?

#3578 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Look, my hairline is trying to slowly crawl back to my neck too, so I'm not trying to throw stones here, but couldn't they have gone with a pic that was a little less "HEY CHECK OUT MY MASSIVE FOREHEAD"?

Not only that, but the beaver teeth! Damn!

#3579 8 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

» YouTube video

I had this problem. If you notice the reset happens when the flasher for the left ramp goes off. It is blinding the optical sensor at the top of the grave marker lane. I had this on mine until i replaced all my flashers with leds. I kinda fixed it by accident. The flat8 flasher led, was much shorter than the original bulb. So i slightly bent the bulb mount to get the flasher pointed directly up into the M insert for the ramp. Doing so stopped the flasher from blinding the optical. And fixed my problem.

As a quick test take out the flasher bulb and do this test again. I bet the drops dont reset.

#3580 8 years ago

Hey, at least the dudes are wearing shirts.

BTW, here's my update: I love this game!!! I suck at this game!!!

#3581 8 years ago

Burn that translite......

#3582 8 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Burn that translite......

Wow it is pretty bad lol

#3583 8 years ago

That's one of those aftermarket tl's. Dang that's fugly. I think my eyes are bleeding.

#3584 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's one of those aftermarket tl's. Dang that's fugly. I think my eyes are bleeding.

You know that's the translite that comes on the roadcase premium, right?

#3585 8 years ago

I specifically ordered my road case with the pro translite . Thank god they complied !

#3586 8 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Nope didn't know that.

#3588 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Very insightful

Capture.PNG

Good thing I like junk cuz I love my Refinery Pro.

#3589 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good thing I like junk cuz I love my Refinery Pro.

Yeah I agree...modding my pro pretty hard and the more it comes along the more I am looking at this game as a keeper. Really looking forward to adding the spinners and in your face light kit...

#3590 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Yeah I agree...modding my pro pretty hard and the more it comes along the more I am looking at this game as a keeper. Really looking forward to adding the spinners and in your face light kit...

I've been modding the crap out of mine too, even more then what came from the Refinery. It's a fun game to mod.

#3591 8 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

and you can see the stern logo in the lower right.... Ohhh man. Yeah I love the pro trans.

#3592 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Very insightful

Capture.PNG

Just one more reason the game ratings scores are pointless.

#3593 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Very insightful

Capture.PNG

Thats just plain stupid! Sounds like he didn't even play the game but just because it's a pro he rated it a 1. I put a bogus mark on it. What's the point in having a ratings system if dummies do stuff like that. Might as well get rid of the whole thing

#3594 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Thats just plain stupid! Sounds like he didn't even play the game but just because it's a pro he rated it a 1. I put a bogus mark on it. What's the point in having a ratings system if dummies do stuff like that. Might as well get rid of the whole thing

Very good.

#3595 8 years ago

Do current pro owners have decal artwork on their speakers? or is it just the new run of metallicas that got them? as seen on Sterns new factory tour video posted last night.

#3596 8 years ago

My Pro LED does not have decal's

edit...I was thinking you were asking about the speaker grills...sorry about that

#3597 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do current pro owners have decal artwork on their speakers? or is it just the new run of metallicas that got them? as seen on Sterns new factory tour video posted last night.

The "LED PRO" with the new style backbox has always had the decal. The original PRO models that came with regular bulbs and the old back box never did.

#3598 8 years ago

Ok thanks for clarifying. Guess I never seen any pics of one til now.

#3599 8 years ago

#3600 8 years ago

Considering a Pro vs LE. For whatever reason, the snake jaw and motorized cross are not a big deal to me. The hammer is pretty sweet but seems like a double-edged sword.

That said, I'm a big LED fan and I've only played a Premium on location. The light show on the Premium is pretty outstanding. Is the LED Pro comparable or is the code notably different?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.