met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 434.
#3451 8 years ago

"

image.jpgimage.jpg
#3452 8 years ago

Dang, check out those fly coin reject decals!

#3453 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Those are yours of course. Great price. Lol. Thanks again. Also love the hammer but should have asked for 007.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#3454 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

"

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Where did you get the coin door decal?
Looks sweet!

#3455 8 years ago

would like a coin door decal as well. Where you get those?

#3456 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Those are yours of course. Great price. Lol. Thanks again. Also love the hammer but should have asked for 007.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

that hammer is badass!!

#3457 8 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Where did you get the coin door decal?
Looks sweet!

Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

looks like Aurich made them up

#3458 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Correct. All from Aurich. Snake eye LEDs were made by hooked. This game has a huge list of mods. Very custom game even after Refinery treatment.

#3459 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

that hammer is badass!!

Aurich limited edition run of 30.

#3460 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Got this from a Pinsider right when Metallica was coming out. Don't remember his name. Looks better than stock decal in my opinion.

Maybe he's reading this thread or someone else remembers who made them for pinside Metallica owners.

#3461 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Thanks

#3463 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Got this from a Pinsider right when Metallica was coming out. Don't remember his name. Looks better than stock decal in my opinion.
Maybe he's reading this thread or someone else remembers who made them for pinside Metallica owners.

Pinsider was dito. Maybe PM him. I found the thread and posted on it so you guys could find it. I don't know how to send a link to a thread.

Thread is called metallica pinball brushed aluminum coin door decal.

#3464 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Pinsider was dito. Maybe PM him. I found the thread and posted on it so you guys could find it. I don't know how to send a link to a thread.
Thread is called Metallica pinball brushed aluminum coin door decal.

Thanks
I sent dito a PM

#3465 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Also love the hammer but should have asked for 007.

Best I could have done would have been 7. The "/30" was lasered in as part of the edition.

#3466 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

joe at laseriffic. I just asked for a set in orange instead of green.

Those orange protectors look real sweet!

#3467 8 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Those orange protectors look real sweet!

Yeah, I took the fire in the art on the lower playfield as a cue and ran with it. Works better than the neon green, IMHO. Black bats with orange titans, just changed out all the clear plastic posts on the slings and sides for orange. Etc.

#3468 8 years ago

Has anyone commented on the cow in the animations?
I just noticed it on Bowen's video

Cow.jpgCow.jpg
#3469 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Just received my shooter rod from "kpull"! Fits the theme perfect! If interested pm "kpull" pinside member making these, not sure for how long though.
Quick question, when taking the stock shooter rod out noticed there was no "sleeve", is there no sleeve in the shooter housing on Stern's?
1546028_10203816086032356_5788729849751833190_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11045489_10203816086152359_5804270666483113067_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11258333_10203816086392365_7654628983855408720_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11258377_10203816086632371_2298174897686206169_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11113124_10203816086872377_4414075373726631650_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11224714_10203816087232386_715634735985773326_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11230904_10203816087592395_3148227558046780147_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

You have Refinery Edition #10 I have #8. Yup no sleeve.

#3470 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah they look like crap don't they. The hack that sold them to him should be shot.

#3471 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Best I could have done would have been 7. The "/30" was lasered in as part of the edition.

That would of worked. Oh well.

#3472 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wonder how many they did. I just used mounting putty to put the little plaque on the coin door.
Really digging this hammer Aurich did, man I want one. I had Gio paint my hammer up, but that hammer by Aurich is just awesome. How much Aurich?

#3473 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I wonder how many they did. I just used mounting putty to put the little plaque on the coin door.
Really digging this hammer Aurich did, man I want one. I had Gio paint my hammer up, but that hammer by Aurich is just awesome. How much Aurich?

Sold out at 30 hammers total. I have 19, not yet installed, but delivered.

#3474 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

The limited ones were $300.

I am still looking at trying to cast less expensive ones, a friend it looking into it, he's just as busy as I am. So it's slow.

#3475 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sold out at 30 hammers total. I have 19, not yet installed, but delivered.

Oh good, you got it, glad to hear it.

#3476 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They are numbered separately for Pro and Premium models. I have Premium #8. I wonder how many were actually made?

#3477 8 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

They are numbered separately for Pro and Premium models. I have Premium #8. I wonder how many were actually made?

Oh crap your right, mines a Pro.

#3478 8 years ago

My met premium is blowing the sparky magnet fuse every 20 games or so..this happen to anyone?

#3479 8 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I got my Refinery Premium from Gio back in November 2014. It's #13.

#3480 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

My met premium is blowing the sparky magnet fuse every 20 games or so..this happen to anyone?

I and a couple of other people were blowing the fuse, D7 I think that controls all magnets. I blew mine twice. It was happening on the walking dead too. I never found a reason.

#3481 8 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

Has anyone commented on the cow in the animations?
I just noticed it on Bowen's video

yep
an easter cow, as martian in Mustang...

#3482 8 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I got my Refinery Premium from Gio back in November 2014. It's #13.

Mine was delivered on July 2nd 2014. #010

Quoted from Roostking:I and a couple of other people were blowing the fuse, D7 I think that controls all magnets. I blew mine twice. It was happening on the Walking Dead too. I never found a reason.

Magnet board bad. Mine blew, put another in and it blew. Funny thing was, this was a upgraded magnet board and it still was faulty. Call Stern, they may take care of you if your out of warranty.

#3483 8 years ago

This is a simple question, but I can't find the answer in any of the rulesheets.

Is there anything to the Battery rules other than hitting Sparky repeatedly? Obviously there is also hitting the 4 shots to qualify the collect, but for points while in Battery, just Sparky?

My scores suck on the mode, and I'm tired of seeing someone else initials.

#3484 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

This is a simple question, but I can't find the answer in any of the rulesheets.
Is there anything to the Battery rules other than hitting Sparky repeatedly? Obviously there is also hitting the 4 shots to qualify the collect, but for points while in Battery, just Sparky?
My scores suck on the mode, and I'm tired of seeing someone else initials.

I believe every time you hit him it lights playfield shots, and you can shoot those to increase the value of hitting him next time.

#3485 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I believe every time you hit him it lights playfield shots, and you can shoot those to increase the value of hitting him next time.

I think this is right. I recall hitting the ramps a few times and his value went up pretty significantly.

#3486 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Quoted from wonderpuddle:

I think this is right.

Thanks, guys. I'll give it a shot next time I get there.

#3487 8 years ago

Got my Dirty Donny customer painted sparky (a couple of quick pics)- can't wait to put it in the game. Also have the pingraffix pin blades to add. All that is left is the color DMD.

P1010885.JPGP1010885.JPG P1010886.JPGP1010886.JPG
#3488 8 years ago

That's so beautiful, I'd be afraid to put it in my game. Definitely going to paint FUEL/FIRE on my Sparky's knuckles.

#3489 8 years ago

That sparky looks awesome. I might need to get mine painted because they are all looking so good

#3490 8 years ago

Finally in the club! So excited to get this thing unboxed and moved into the house!! First NIB!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#3491 8 years ago

Hey guys, does the shaker motor make much difference on the le? I was thinking about putting it in, but it honestly didn't do much in my acdc so I'm not so sure it's even worth buying...

#3492 8 years ago
Quoted from BillR:

Hey guys, does the shaker motor make much difference on the le? I was thinking about putting it in, but it honestly didn't do much in my acdc so I'm not so sure it's even worth buying...

But ya gotta remember AC/DC and Met are two different games so ya really can't compare the two that way.

#3493 8 years ago
Quoted from BillR:

In my opinion, yes in Metallica. I tried one in my Tron and decided no for it, if that helps put it in perspective. I'm not a person who thinks every game needs one.

#3494 8 years ago
Quoted from BillR:

I say it does but there is an easy way for you to test it out. Pull the shaker out of AC/DC and put it in Met

If you like it and you still want one in AC/DC then buy a new shaker and put it in AC/DC. Not a lot of work (maybe 30 mins) and you will know for sure. Heck shakers have plummeted in price now and can be had for about $120 now at pinball life.

To me though, the 100% biggest difference to MET is an external sub. I played mine last night without the sub hooked up as it was to late at night and it really felt like a different game.

#3495 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Thanks, guys. I'll give it a shot next time I get there.

You have to kill Sparky to get the big points. 10 hits = 15M finishing bonus and lights up shots all over the playfield for jackpots. Not sure what the actual values are because I may have had 2x running, but was seeing 1.5 to 3.5M at times. I'd been ignoring Battery for a while but decided I wanted my initials up for it, and managed to get 125M.

#3496 8 years ago
Quoted from BillR:

The biggest noticeable use for it is when the hammer comes down. It's satisfying to have the machine shake in response.

#3497 8 years ago
Quoted from BillR:

I leave it set to the lowest setting, which makes it run when Sparky gets fired up and a few other things. I like the effect, but feel its a bit overused. You'll know for sure after a couple rounds of multi-ball. I think it runs almost nonstop as you hit ramp shots.

Edit... Forgot to add that I have the Cointaker Red Tremor. That may contribute to the "too much". Its my only game with a shaker, so I have no other frame of reference.

#3498 8 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Got my Dirty Donny customer painted sparky (a couple of quick pics)- can't wait to put it in the game. Also have the pingraffix pin blades to add. All that is left is the color DMD.

P1010885.JPG
P1010886.JPG

Looks good! I had Gio paint mine when they were doing my game, and I had him put on "Game Over" I just wanted it different from the others.

#3499 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I leave it set to the lowest setting, which makes it run when Sparky gets fired up and a few other things. I like the effect, but feel its a bit overused. You'll know for sure after a couple rounds of multi-ball. I think it runs almost nonstop as you hit ramp shots.
Edit... Forgot to add that I have the Cointaker Red Tremor. That may contribute to the "too much". Its my only game with a shaker, so I have no other frame of reference.

I want to amend this a little... After making my comment, I started thinking about an older thread with a suggestion about minimizing the rattling of the glass. I centered electrical tape up both side edges and across the front and folded it down.

This makes the glass fit more snugly as well as eliminating the glass on metal contact of the side rails. It makes a world if difference. I upped the shaker setting to Moderate and it no longer feels like the game is trying to rattle itself apart during multiball. I've been meaning to do this since reading it, glad the shaker discussion pushed me into trying it.

#3500 8 years ago

Another rattling tip. Put some of the 1/32 felt strips on the top and bottom of the backglass. This snugs it up to and stops the backglass rattling if you have that as well. Only was present on a couple of my Sterns but took me forever to figure out that was the noise. I've since added this to all my games and they are nice and quite when shaking. It can be found here - http://pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.