Topic Stats

• 17,180 posts
  • 959 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 370 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,940 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg
EB43D533-A925-4165-9D81-02CB119BFBFD (resized).jpeg
FA45EFDB-A47E-43E1-93E9-D6B9E5A82DA2 (resized).jpeg
Dp4gQ5MU4AAC7vo (resized).jpg
20200106_232456 (resized).jpg
BEC16C8D-A4E8-40D6-8096-4BD2C9E0C98C (resized).jpeg
20200106_115003 (resized).jpg
20200106_115136 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17180 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 344.
#301 6 years ago

Is Metallica releasing a seperate line of Master of Puppets editions, I see some people calling it MOPLE. (retorical question) Shouldnt it be METLE, for Metallica, Limited Edition?

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is Metallica releasing a seperate line of Master of Puppets editions, I see some people calling it MOPLE. (retorical question) Shouldnt it be METLE, for Metallica, Limited Edition?

It's whatever you want it to be. But I like many are going to call it MOPLE because it rocks hard!

#303 6 years ago

Rough draft. Hard to get the text color right.

met_right_copy.jpg

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Rough draft. Hard to get the text color right.

Try it with a yellow stroke rather than grey.

Looks great though.

#305 6 years ago

1.06 Pro I am having problems with Mystery Scoop.

When ball goes in it, it shoots it out right away with a sound effect but I don't get any points and the DMD doesn't show Mystery animation. When it is lit for extra ball I can't get it awarded to me.

I tried reloading the software and no luck. I don't understand what the issue can be.

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

1.06 Pro I am having problems with Mystery Scoop.
When ball goes in it, it shoots it out right away with a sound effect but I don't get any points and the DMD doesn't show Mystery animation.

Is the Mystery insert flashing when the ball goes in?

#307 6 years ago

Yes, It is lit.

Also I took off glass and got it to light for extra ball as well.

Nothing is awarded. Just shoots the ball out with Sound effect.

#308 6 years ago

The Mystery light is Solidly lit at the beginning of every game it seems.

#309 6 years ago

I take it back, the light is flashing.

Anyone have any ideas

#310 6 years ago

In Switch Test, when I put the ball in the scoop it recognizes it for a second and then says NONE. I have the cabinet door open so it doesn't eject the ball. Is it just not making good contact or can this be a bad switch?

On my Tron Pro scoop in switch test it recognizes and it stays on it.

#311 6 years ago

I figured it out.

It wasn't making constant contact with the leaf switch, now it is and my mystery scoop is working.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

There are 5 main shots as on AFM (See Pic. Look familiar?). Each with 4 inserts and a Red "Shoot here" arrow. Shooting a shot 4-5 times starts/qualifies the Hurry up for that shot. Do this 5 times (each shot) for Total Annihalation MB. MM has similar Hurry up Jackpots also.

Let me know if Im wrong here.

Only 3 shots are required to each of the 4 main shots to start the hurry up. The key (if going for the 1 Bil hurry up) is obviously to get each shot to where only one more is required to start the hurry up & if possible start with the cow Ramp as that is the toughest of the 4.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

So what are your impressions?

Mate - I am really more and more impressed with the more gametime I put into this machine.
It really makes you think about what you are going to 'go for'
Oddly enough I find myself going for SNAKE and GRAVE multiballs more so than Sparky- while also trying to obtain FUEL and hit those 'guitar pick' stand ups 2 sets through, those stand ups are are tough challenge to complete.

I have had some long games and some very unforgiving games as well.

I am really struggling to follow the hurry up concept though and wish I could 'get it' in my head clearly as I reckon it could really add to the game

I am still annoyed by the flow stopping top post and feel that this absolutely MUST be addressed in code updates - in a game that just oozes flow when you get on a roll ......it can be halted by that disastrous 'thing' that hasnt been clearly thought through unfortunately.

And to think there is still quite a bit of stuff in the settings menu with more to come for this game - UNREAL. I think they need to add in more to the MYSTERY scores as 3 items doesnt cut it at this stage.

VERY confident this game will shortly get even better.
Overall it IS definitely living up to the hype that it created from day one IMO.
VERY happy with my purchase

One small thing - has anyone else had the ball come back fast down the right wireform and bounce out when it hits the end and either (a) drain or (b) jump back to the shooter lane ?

#314 6 years ago

I believe that pop up post can be disabled, but I also read that post is also the only way to get those targets at the top, or else it would fly right by

Cant say from experience yet though

#315 6 years ago

Yes - it is able to be diabled in the menu BUT if you do that the ball flies past the rollover lanes 99 shots out of 100, unless you have a 'dribbler' that just rolls up the side shots and plops into the lanes - therefore no pop bumper action in the game if you disable it.

I want to disable it but dont want to lose the pop action.

Surely this is a SIMPLE fix in code?

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I want to disable it but dont want to lose the pop action.

What would you change in the code? Make the post come up on right side orbits only (but still excluding orbits that are part of a combo)? That's probably a good compromise. I don't think they can fix the left orbit bounce-backs in code.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

How would code fix this? It's a mechanical/design issue...

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I figured it out.
It wasn't making constant contact with the leaf switch, now it is and my mystery scoop is working.

Ah, the joys of fixing a brand new game. Mine had several issues that were easy to fix, and I'm down to the last one. The right outlane switch is ghosting the ball trough switches to another row, but only if the drop targets are up. Stern sent me a new DT opto, but that didn't help. I tested all the switch diodes and they're okay. So hopefully the problem is in the other playfield opto board.

For now I've just removed the right outlane switch. I had a 125M game but I had to delete it, because it started Grave Marker MB when my last ball drained, and then I got an extra ball. With the switch out I'm only missing out on 500k points on right drains.

#319 6 years ago

What the game should have had was a pop-up post on each side of the rollover lanes above the pop bumpers . That way when you make the left loop shot the right post pops up and the ball would hit the post above the rollover lanes and drop through ( and vice versa for a right loop shot ).

#320 6 years ago

Or a proper diverter with a curve on it or something, that actually directs the ball towards the pops...

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I am really struggling to follow the hurry up concept though and wish I could 'get it' in my head clearly as I reckon it could really add to the game

Here's another way to explain it that might make more sense:

Move the red arrow by shooting the ball that way.
Shooting Sparky lights the Switch for whichever shot has the red arrow lit.
Shooting the Graveyard lights the grave marker for whichever shot has the red arrow lit.
Shooting the Snake randomly lights 3 snake inserts, or all of them if you shoot it twice.

Once a shot has a Switch, Snake and Grave Marker lit, you can shoot it to start a hurry-up, even if its red arrow isn't lit. This starts the coffin flashing. Shoot the coffin (captive ball) quickly to score 1.5M points.

I suspect that huge points await the person who can qualify all 5 shots for the hurry up, shoot them all without hitting the captive ball, and only then nail that captive ball.

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

How would code fix this? It's a mechanical/design issue...

Is it something that could have player control with the flipper buttons like is done with the Avengers diverters? Hit the left orbit. Hold the right flipper button and the post drops or something similar. I haven't seen how it works currently.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Is it something that could have player control with the flipper buttons like is done with the Avengers diverters? Hit the left orbit. Hold the right flipper button and the post drops or something similar. I haven't seen how it works currently.

Sure it could be done, but then the ball would never go into the pop bumbers...that's the issue...

It's supposed to hit off the post and then fall into the bumpers, instead it hits the post and comes back down the left orbit..

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Sure it could be done, but then the ball would never go into the pop bumbers...that's the issue...

That would be the point of giving the player the control. They decide if they want it to go around the orbit or drop into the pops.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

That would be the point of giving the player the control. They decide if they want it to go around the orbit or drop into the pops.

Yes but it won't drop in the pops, it hits the post and comes back down the left orbit again...

#326 6 years ago

Maybe a nice spongy soft rubber or pad on the post would help it absorb the power, and help it drop to the pops...

#327 6 years ago

boy, i hope they fix this before the premiums are built.

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Maybe a nice spongy soft rubber or pad on the post would help it absorb the power, and help it drop to the pops...

I don't think that you could add this and still have the post able to drop down into the playfield.

Maybe it should only divert to the pops from right orbit shots, although I do like the idea of using an avengers like code solution.

#329 6 years ago

I saw a picture and the post comes in from the back of the game I think...

But either way it would be tough...yes..

***edit***

It does come in from the bottom...

#330 6 years ago

I think this is it, from another thread...

deflect.jpg

#331 6 years ago

What's the circle on the playfield I wonder? Another post? Magnet? Odd?

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

In case you haven't figured it out yet, it's referred to as MOPLE because of the acronym:

M aster
O f
P uppets
L imited
E dition

#333 6 years ago

Why not use a ball gate like ACDCs orbit? Or AFM?

Can some explain how the individual pop bumpers score.

The orbit post comes up from under playfield like Tron.

#334 6 years ago

The pin is a Metallica. aka MET. Its METLE. Master of Puppets is a generic name and name of one album. I clean the floor with a MOP.

#335 6 years ago

MOPLE sorry it is the master of puppets limited edition and all the artwork for the game is based on master of puppets

#336 6 years ago

So your saying there is a non limited edition Master of Puppets, Or is this just a limited edition Metallica Pinball, with 2 other versions.

I go with the latter. Nor is all of the artwork based on Master of Puppets. Seems to me the playfield is the same.

Also the Pro and Premium METALLICA pinball have different artwork on the cabinet.

Calling it MOPLE means its a limited Edition Master of Puppets pinball machine when it is clearly a limited edition Metallica pinball machine. Metallica-Pinball.jpg

#337 6 years ago

Master Of Puppets = LE
Road Case = Premium
Dirty Donny = Pro

This is my understanding, but I may be wrong...

#338 6 years ago

Dirty Donny did all the artwork on the METLE too.

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Calling it MOPLE means its a limited Edition Master of Puppets pinball machine when it is clearly a limited edition Metallica pinball machine.

It says Master of Puppets right on the translite

But, I think MetLE looks and sounds cooler...its metal..metle...also don't really care..just bored at work..so joining in the nonsense haha

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Dirty Donny did all the artwork on the METLE too.

I understand that. I guess I just should have said "Pro = Pro"

#341 6 years ago

MOPLE= Check on the yellow section,they call the LE Master of puppets limited edition

#342 6 years ago

Master Of Puppets = LE
Road Case = Premium
Dirty Donny = Pro
This is my understanding, but I may be wrong...

Not exactly. Dirty Donny did all of the artwork, but there are two Premiums: Road Case and Monsters (previously called the Dirty Donny Premium). The Pro is just called Metallica Pro.

metallica-pinball-premium-models-flyer.jpg

#343 6 years ago

Well I guess that clears that up.

#344 6 years ago

Well if you go to Sterns website, http://www.sternpinball.com/Games.aspx They are all labeled Metallica, and then the version.. Metallica is first. Anyway, I am bored too, so call it what you want.

I just want to make sure I get called as soon as my Metallica Master of Puppets Limited Edition, serial # 219 shows up!

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

It says Master of Puppets right on the translite
But, I think MetLE looks and sounds cooler...its metal..metle...also don't really care..just bored at work..so joining in the nonsense haha

why are always stuck working weekends tom?

#346 6 years ago

I work 4 on 4 off I usually never use Pinside at home. It just helps kill the time at work...deskjob..

#347 6 years ago

12 hour days i guess?

#348 6 years ago

METLEMOP? is this not correct?

#349 6 years ago

Can someone just ask Borg or Lyman to settle this? We sound like my kids.

943358_10151586007599244_1160490113_n..jpg

#350 6 years ago

Metallica timeless. 6 year old can play MOP.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
6,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 17180 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 344.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside