711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 433.
#251 10 years ago

Special delivery today:

Two Master of Puppets 3D Covers and 1 Subban for good measure.
subban_mops.jpgsubban_mops.jpg

#252 10 years ago

''Go get em PK''

#253 10 years ago

I just bought this MOP Tapestry as a dust cover for a for my machine.

ebay.com link: Metallica Poster Flag Master Of Puppets Tapestry New

#254 10 years ago

how many of you guys where driving gloves and buy shirts after the cars you drive lol.

Sadly this is how i see most pinsiders sometimes lol.

#255 10 years ago

This is why i think this pin is going to be one of the biggest. Not necessarily for the game play(maybe though), but for the collectibility and "special-ness" of this pin. It is going to trancend just pinball, and will end up being the ultimate collectible for Metallica fans in general. Kind of like musclecars, they have brought baby boomers back to their youth and pay outrageous prices for a car that initially cost $4,000. To Met owners, I think this takes people back, like me, and will be willing to make it a complete experience(covers, Tapestries, etc) Not just pinball.

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

how many of you guys where driving gloves and buy shirts after the cars you drive

"So what if I want to wear ruby red slippers and wipe down my WOZ with a diaper? Who cares?"

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This is why i think this pin is going to be one of the biggest. Not necessarily for the game play(maybe though), but for the collectibility and "special-ness" of this pin.

#258 10 years ago

Subban sucks

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I just bought this MOP Tapestry as a dust cover for a for my machine.
Ebay link

Sweet, grabbing one for my LE. I've been using bed sheets to protect my games with Invisiglass from my pesky cats, so this will look awesome instead.

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

There is actually another rule in the AFM hurry ups that I didn't know about until I saw Lyman himself exploit it at a tournament. In AFM there are 4 hurry ups. Normally you would score a hurry up right after starting it to get the max points. But in AFM if you can start all 4 before scoring any (you must do this before the timer runs out but the timer is pretty long) then when you do get all four running and score it (by shooting the saucer) get a 1 BILLION BONUS.
To succeed at this in AFM you would get all 4 hurry ups one shot away from starting, start them all one at a time while avoiding the saucer, then shoot the saucer for the BILLION.
Lets hope something like this will be in Metallica.
Parker

Yep, and you obviously immediately go straight to Total Annihilation when you do this. I was one single shot away from getting the 1 billion hurry up 2 days ago and drained.

#261 10 years ago

Admittedly, I am a complete and total n00b. What other games have generated this much excitement? I mean I saw a "Will they make Metallica" thread two years ago. Forums were heating up in Dec, then the announcement. Game sold out in a couple of hours. No denying this game is hot, and with the play reviews coming in, I dont see many people dissapointed.

#262 10 years ago

xmen blew metallica out of the water on hype and anticipation

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Yeah-unfortunately X-Men then came out and just plain blew.

#264 10 years ago

I played the PRO today. Oh Yeah! I will add my quick 2 cents to previous posts.

Its fast and VERY addictive even with early code. So much to shoot for! Serious decisions. The playfield was more open then I expected which is a good thing. (Similar to AFM but not as open as AFM).

THE RIGHT RAMP IS EASILY backhandable. Much like ACDCs right ramp. The left ramp was surprisingly easy to hit also. Its in the sweet spot of the right flipper.

Loved shooting off the tip of the flipper for the Mystery/EB scoop and Fuel. The flipper layout is VERY forgiving for hack players like me. The scoop and fuel help stop the side to side drains. Shots were very satisfying.

The upper playfield is balanced between challenging shots and easy. This pin will appeal to novices and sharp shooters.

ART is a 10 on the playfield translite and plastics.
Playfield layout is a 9.5
Music integrated very well. You want to hear a new song? Just start a MB or a mode!
Replay value 9.5.

I like the Snake and Sparky callouts more then I expected. Had me laughing a bit. I wanted to FRY Sparky and the snake even more. They should tone down the Mother F... er bombs for the kids.

Minor negatives.
- Pro NEEDs LEDs in the inserts.
- The orbit up post code seems incomplete. Would rollback the way it came.
- I dont have one!

Good job Stern and Metallica design team. \m/

20130523_141030.jpg20130523_141030.jpg

#265 10 years ago

Well, thats your opinion. I still enjoy my xmen, it's a great game and will get better with the next 2 updates.

Quoted from bowz:

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Cool. thanks for the info. Seriously.. I know that my views are skewed so its good to hear from people who have been around for awhile..

#267 10 years ago

I just installed the full Flipper Fidelity kit in my Metallica, and the sound is dramatically better. I'm using the "low"setting for the woofer and have the volume (L-pad) at Max for the backbox speakers. This is perfect for me, not thumpy and the low-end detail is much better.

Thanks to Michael Pupo at FF for giving me a price break on the speaker kit and shaker with my MET. Great guy to deal with.

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Quoted from bowz:

Agreed on both counts!

#269 10 years ago

Mike is the best of the best. Top notch to deal with.

#271 10 years ago

Here's a tip: set adjustment #67 ("Music Volume") to -15. This should really be called "Music Attenuation", because negative numbers make it louder (less attenuated). The same principle works with #68 (Speech Volume). To really understand it, set 67 and 68 both to 50 and play a game. All you hear are sound effects (SFX). That's pretty cool - Music and Speech are both adjustable relative to SFX and each other.

EDIT: I played with these settings and ended up at -10 Music, +10 Speech. This keeps the SFX right in the middle. With the FF full speaker setup and game volume at 54, this game RAWKS!!!

#272 10 years ago

Gotpinball.com has a nice Pro. It's here in FL.

Also a Huo lotr.

#273 10 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I was having trouble getting the music, SFX and speech equalized. Never thought about going negative.

Quoted from swampfire:

Here's a tip: Music and Speech are both adjustable relative to SFX and each other.

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

[EDITED] I just figured out how hurry ups work! And this may answer Wotto's question.
Shooting any major shot lights the red spider insert for that shot. Think of that as the "selector";
it indicates where the next "award" will go:
* Shoot Sparky to award knife switch insert for selected shot
* Shoot Graveyard to award cross insert for selected shot
* Shoot Snake to award snake insert for 3 shots (configurable),
or 2 shots if only 2 remain.
Once the knife switch, cross and snake are all lit, that shot is will start the hurry up - even if the spider insert is no longer lit because you shot something else. When your ball drains, all inserts will go out.
There's a catch to this: shooting the Graveyard will also select the Graveyard shot (light its spider).
I LOVE the way this works. While you're playing, you're building up inserts for hurry ups. This rewards long balls and gives you another reason to shoot Graveyard, Sparky and Snake. This also creates an interesting strategy: build up hurry-up qualified shots, and then start MB when you have more than one.
I have a feeling that "Seek and Destroy" may have something to do with all of this too, once it's implemented. Or maybe it already is?

I'm a little confused by this, and I never got into AFM much, so bear with me.

I shoot the right ramp, which lights the red spider arrow for that ramp. Then I shoot Sparky, which gives me the switch insert for the right ramp. Then I shoot the left ramp - does this qualify that shot for an additional hurry up? What happens to future shots on the snake or the tomb stone? (Do they apply to hurry up shots in the order that the red inserts were identified?) Can you progress toward multiple hurry ups at once (aside from the snake) or do you need to hit the shot that you want to progress toward first?

I'm also wondering if the red spider shots are likely to be the color changing inserts.

#275 10 years ago

There are 5 main shots as on AFM (See Pic. Look familiar?). Each with 4 inserts and a Red "Shoot here" arrow. Shooting a shot 4-5 times starts/qualifies the Hurry up for that shot. Do this 5 times (each shot) for Total Annihalation MB. MM has similar Hurry up Jackpots also.

Let me know if Im wrong here.

I hope Met is a modern day MM/AFM with the rules.

photo(5).JPGphoto(5).JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#276 10 years ago

Just got my tracking. I will be an owner Tuesday night

#277 10 years ago

Select a shot by shooting it. AVOID other shots if you want that shot to remain selected. Collect these inserts to qualify that shot to start hurry-up:

Sparky: switch
Graveyard: cross

You can start multiple hurry-ups, and it will add their scores (e.g. 3M for 2). Can't wait to see what happens when we stack 5! Though that's pretty much impossible for me without "Carry Over Features Ball to Ball".

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Select a shot by shooting it. AVOID other shots if you want that shot to remain selected. Collect these inserts to qualify that shot to start hurry-up:
Sparky: switch
Graveyard: cross
You can start multiple hurry-ups, and it will add their scores (e.g. 3M for 2). Can't wait to see what happens when we stack 5! Though that's pretty much impossible for me without "Carry Over Features Ball to Ball".

Ahhhh makes sense now, and sounds awesome. Cant wait to see the and modes / end of the line.

#279 10 years ago

It's here!

metallica_005.jpgmetallica_005.jpg

#280 10 years ago

congrats!!!....lucky

#281 10 years ago

GREAT PIC!!!

#282 10 years ago

Pic....

metallica_039.jpgmetallica_039.jpg

#283 10 years ago

Sparky

metallica_036.jpgmetallica_036.jpg

#284 10 years ago

Congrat's on Yr 1st NIB pin theGiven .. I'll see ya 1-day next week , I need to play it since mine won't be delivered till July !! That's just fine ,, maybe a code beyond 1.6 will be loaded ..

#285 10 years ago

Hey owners

I noticed the globes under the 4 large inserts at the flipper area that 2 of the globes are not centred.
So I added some perspex 'plates' and moved my 2 centre globes out to the middle.

I also did the same thing at the coffin insert as the centre globe is mounted off to the left.

Anyway - thought I would put these up in case no - one had noticed this on thier games and wanted to correct it on thier game as well ( yes I am a little fussy )

inserts.jpginserts.jpg insert-fix.jpginsert-fix.jpg Coffin-centre.jpgCoffin-centre.jpg coffin-fix.jpgcoffin-fix.jpg

#286 10 years ago

Nice. I notice the off set with LEDs. Great fix.

You always remember your first.

So what are your impressions?

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Hey owners
I noticed the globes under the 4 large inserts at the flipper area that 2 of the globes are not centred.
So I added some perspex 'plates' and moved my 2 centre globes out to the middle.
I also did the same thing at the coffin insert as the centre globe is mounted off to the left.
Anyway - thought I would put these up in case no - one had noticed this on thier games and wanted to correct it on thier game as well ( yes I am a little fussy )

Where do you get the "perspex 'plates" from?

#288 10 years ago

I put flexible LED to center the light!

#289 10 years ago

Installed my 3D Cover next to the game, looks awesome!
Would also look great mounted as a topper with a strip of LED lighting...

3d_met.jpg3d_met.jpg

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

That does look totally awesome!

#291 10 years ago

Anyone have a pic of the modification needed to get a cliffy shooter lane protector to fit?

#292 10 years ago

It looks like I am on board for a Metallica Pro. Hoping to get it in early June. I was considering the Premium as well, but I could barely afford it and I'm not sure it's a big enough difference for the extra $2k. I have been playing the pro on location for the last few weeks and it's highly addictive. I am not the biggest Stern fan and I really didn't like Avengers and thought XMen was just ok, but this game has a lot going for it.

Brian

#293 10 years ago

Just made some custom apron cards...enjoy!
I'm gonna print and install them today, pics when done.

Print size is:
5in x 3.5in
14cm x 7.6cm

met_left_copy.jpgmet_left_copy.jpg

#294 10 years ago

Looks great. Where can we buy that Metallica 3D Cover from? I think I might do the same thing.

#295 10 years ago

Awesome. What size do we print these on?

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Awesome. What size do we print these on?

Print size is:
5in x 3.5in
14cm x 7.6cm

#297 10 years ago

Printed on semi-gloss photo paper at the shop.
Much better than the stock cards

cards_installed.jpgcards_installed.jpg

#298 10 years ago

BOOONG! Nice cards. Should make one with designers names etc. Never mind working on it now. Spell check please...

Master of Design John Borg
Master of Software Lyman Sheats Jr AKA The One
Art Visionary: "Dirty" Donny Gillies
Sparky and Snake Voice: Brendan Small
Release Date May 2013

Brendan Small can play guitar like a boss

Dirty Donny

#299 10 years ago

Nic Parks at the Pinball Company was kind enough to sell me a MOPLE that I am now even more anxious for it to arrive. It will be straddled by the AC/DC premium (wife's favorite) and the Al's Garage Band Goes on a World Tour (Zappa favorite). Lets Rock, lets Roll with pinball. Simply fantastic!!!!

#300 10 years ago

Print size is:
5in x 3.5in
14cm x 7.6cm

These are wonderful. Thank you for sharing your efforts. I will use when my MOPLE arrives. Until then, may you always be a Master of the Puppets.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 21,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/6?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.