IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 433.
#3351 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

No I totally missed this. I'll check into buying one of these soon. Can't hurt to have around the house, either. Thanks!

Check Harbor Freight, I got mine for $4.99, right angle screw driver.

#3352 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

heard that as well...and have heard both.
quick question....... on the right ramp, when you don't make it up the ramp and the ball comes back down, the right pick target gets in the way and its not a clean run down the ramp. On mine, the ball comes down and bangs off the back of the right pick target. Is that normal?

On mine the ball comes back down, bounces between the 2 posts then drops

#3353 8 years ago

I recently bought metallica pro LED and hooked up a polk 10 inch sub using alligator clips. I have done this in the past with Star Trek premium and Tron pro. I feel I'm not getting the near the same amount of bass on metallica as I was with the other two games. Anyone else have this concern or any tips/suggestions?

Thanks

#3354 8 years ago

maybe the volume in the settings have to get adjusted?

#3355 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

It shouldn't hit the pick target, it should hit the post that's there. Check to make sure your target is lined up right. Sometimes those targets move and lean, and this maybe what yours is doing. If ball rolls down off the ramp, it hit the post that's there, never the target itself. Sometimes it wont hit nothing and come back down smooth.

Quoted from northvibe:

On mine the ball comes back down, bounces between the 2 posts then drops

wished I had a better picture, but this is where its happening. no post behind the right pick, but there is a post behind the left pick. Target is secure, about 25 games on the machine.

met ramp.JPGmet ramp.JPG
#3356 8 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I recently bought Metallica pro LED and hooked up a polk 10 inch sub using alligator clips. I have done this in the past with Star Trek premium and Tron pro. I feel I'm not getting the near the same amount of bass on Metallica as I was with the other two games. Anyone else have this concern or any tips/suggestions?
Thanks

That's normal, the Metallica albums just aren't mixed with a lot of low end. Tron has that Daft Punk thump, you're not going to get that same feeling with Metallica. I have those two pins next to each other on the same sub.

#3357 8 years ago

I heard just "Coffin" the other day when starting that MB.

The ball usually does bounce around a bit on a half right ramp shot. Normal.

For the Snake screw, I used a short phillips head bit and turned it with some needle nose pliers. Not the best solution, but it worked for me when installing the fangs.

#3358 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

wished I had a better picture, but this is where its happening. no post behind the right pick, but there is a post behind the left pick. Target is secure, about 25 games on the machine.

met ramp.JPG

Actually I check that target on my Premium, and it has a metal protective thing/bracket to prevent damage for what you explained.

#3359 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

met ramp.JPG

Heres what mine looks like. No 2 machines are alike. Example is the ramp flaps, see how yours covers a good portion of that insert, where mine does not. I wouldn't worry to much about the ball hitting the back of target if I was you.

1511010_10203795342033769_4945890775139572309_n.jpg1511010_10203795342033769_4945890775139572309_n.jpg

#3360 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I heard just "Coffin" the other day when starting that MB.
The ball usually does bounce around a bit on a half right ramp shot. Normal.
For the Snake screw, I used a short phillips head bit and turned it with some needle nose pliers. Not the best solution, but it worked for me when installing the fangs.

Maybe an update is needed to fix that, cuz the others yell out Multi-ball. Just a small glitch. It is odd to hear COFFIN and then nothing.

#3361 8 years ago

Anyone notice getting right ramp credit when you fudge the shot and hit the two pick targets? I need to check to make sure I'm not crazy, but I swear I have earned ramp credit during Lady Justice or in getting to Lady Justice by not actually making the ramp...

#3362 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Anyone notice getting right ramp credit when you fudge the shot and hit the two pick targets? I need to check to make sure I'm not crazy, but I swear I have earned ramp credit during Lady Justice or in getting to Lady Justice by not actually making the ramp...

No, but I have gotten right orbit credit for plunging the switch at the top of the orbit without going all the way into the top lanes!

#3363 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Yes

#3364 8 years ago

Hey all, this is an IMPORTANT PSA !!!

If your drop targets are starting to brick like crazy, tighten up the return springs. I had one of the first METs off the line back in 2013, and my springs had gotten pretty loose. Pulling about 4-5 coils worth of spring up and over the hook completely solved my problem.

And by the way, you'll always smile when working on your MET if you add this important mod:

IMG_5429.JPGIMG_5429.JPG

Available here...find "Dirty Donny" and load up your cart...you know you want to!

http://www.posterpop.com/stickers/

Here 'tis...

http://www.posterpop.com/products/Dirty-Donny-Guitar-Warrior-Sticker.html

#3365 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I've had this happen a bunch on the right ramp. When the ball rattles between the 2 targets sometimes it triggers the ramp. I assumed the ramp switch was getting triggered by the vibration.

#3366 8 years ago

Just installed my colordmd and HOLY COW its awesome!! Kids are asleep so I can't play it yet, but just watching it go through the high scores, SOOOOOOO COOL!! AWESOME SAUCE!!!

#3367 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just installed my colordmd and HOLY COW its awesome!!

Hopefully I can justify the cost of the color DMD to my wife someday soon. It sure looks badass! Congrats.

#3368 8 years ago

I just bought an electric lawn mower, and the cost was exactly what I spent on my MET ColorDMD. It's worth the price.

#3369 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just installed my colordmd and HOLY COW its awesome!! Kids are asleep so I can't play it yet, but just watching it go through the high scores, SOOOOOOO COOL!! AWESOME SAUCE!!!

Wait until you get to a crank it up mode.

#3370 8 years ago

So I thought I read somewhere in this thread that the last run of MET Pro LED's was the last. Did I jump to an incorrect conclusion?

I'm getting ready to bring my METLE to PAGG next weekend to sell in order to buy the pro LED, but I wanted to make sure they would still be available. The extremely reputable distrib I contacted gave me a price for "the current run" and a lower price if I pre-pay for "the next run." I asked if there was going to be a next run, and he said, "Supposed to be by the end of the month, but with the move who knows? If your METLE sells at PAGG, I'd pre-pay right away, as the next run is almost sold out."

Anyone else hear there would be more runs?

#3371 8 years ago

Give Melissa at cointaker a call and ask

#3372 8 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Hopefully I can justify the cost of the color DMD to my wife someday soon.

Buy it for her for her birthday present. Then you don't need to tell her how much it cost. I'm sure she will love it.

#3373 8 years ago

Okay, just played the first game, HOLY SHIZZLE!! Got to Enter Sandman and wow. All the multiballs were awesome!!

#3374 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Give Melissa at cointaker a call and ask

Done. Thanks!

#3375 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Done. Thanks!

What did she say!? Besides best place to buy from

#3376 8 years ago

I would be interested to know what was said also. I am looking at moving a pin to buy a MET pro. If somebody is giving better pricing to pre pay for a slightly later run that might work well for me. It would give me time to sell something.

#3377 8 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I would be interested to know what was said also. I am looking at moving a pin to buy a MET pro. If somebody is giving better pricing to pre pay for a slightly later run that might work well for me. It would give me time to sell something.

I am 99.99999% sure you won't find a better price. CT is awesome. Call up Melissa and ask

#3378 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What did she say!? Besides best place to buy from

Regarding availability...Stern is doing another run, but the allotment for this future run is already sold out to distribs. Whether the distribs are sold out or not, I'm not sure.

I was asked by Melissa to not discuss pricing.

#3379 8 years ago

Yes all distribs should NOT discuss publicly. I agree that Melissa is awesome to work with. Honestly there are several really good distribs in this community. Worth your time to check with a few and then make your choice. I can't give enough props to Melissa.

#3380 8 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I recently bought Metallica pro LED and hooked up a polk 10 inch sub using alligator clips. I have done this in the past with Star Trek premium and Tron pro. I feel I'm not getting the near the same amount of bass on Metallica as I was with the other two games. Anyone else have this concern or any tips/suggestions?
Thanks

That's just the way it is. The music doesn't have much low end to begin with. The sub helps, but it's not as good as other games.

Rob

#3381 8 years ago

Do this

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addition-of-boss-amplifiers-to-stern-machines

Use the EQ on the amp connected to the cab speaker to boost the bass to your liking. Connect your powered sub inputs to this already-boosted bass (on the output of the amp, at the cab speaker) and it'll really boom. Make sure your sub can handle the amp's output, but it's not really all that high (compared to HT setups)

#3382 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just bought an electric lawn mower, and the cost was exactly what I spent on my MET ColorDMD. It's worth the price.

I could have given you mine for free.

#3383 8 years ago

Thanks guys

#3384 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Regarding availability...Stern is doing another run, but the allotment for this future run is already sold out to distribs. Whether the distribs are sold out or not, I'm not sure.
I was asked by Melissa to not discuss pricing.

Ya no pricing talk, but CT sent mine. Super amazing to work with. Man another sold out allotment...great seller!

#3385 8 years ago

Joined the club today with my nib led pro with shaker and it amazing and also my first nib .before I even turned it on I used better balls,hooked a sub and shaker up also waxed and put mylar down in high wear areas , cliffys at ball drops also.have the creeping death mod my lady bought at Allentown that needs put on still but I cant stop playing lol. ordered the sparky extended plastic for airballs. Still need a mystery hole protector and shooter lane one . The new cointaker shaker is very nice. Also the game definitely needs color matched inserts and some color in the gi .
Anyone else know anything I should do? Or must haves?
By the way what a amazingly fast game with awesome rules and lots of surprises with the 2 magnets throwing it at your face
20150509_004613.jpg20150509_004613.jpg

#3386 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Joined the club today

and it still smells fresh.... even from here. Great pick up!

#3387 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

and it still smells fresh.... even from here. Great pick up!

You know whats funny as soon as we opened the box up me and the lady looked at each other and was like wow that the new pin smell we been missing instead of smoke and musk lol

#3388 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I am 99.99999% sure you won't find a better price. CT is awesome. Call up Melissa and ask

Are yall sweet talking her? I've bought 4 NIB pins in the last 2 years and CT was always a couple hundred more than most of the other main distributors I called. Not trying to derail things but I'm curious why I have such a large difference in pricing exp.

#3389 8 years ago

I bought my LED Pro in the beginning of April and Melissa beat 3 other distributors by at least $100 and included a CT Shaker. It was a no brainer and will be calling her again for my next purchase. What is your location? Maybe the difference in price for you is shipping?

#3390 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I bought my LED Pro in the beginning of April and Melissa beat 3 other distributors by at least $100 and included a CT Shaker. It was a no brainer and will be calling her again for my next purchase. What is your location? Maybe the difference in price for you is shipping?

Agreed on that as thats what she did for me and got a 150 awesome shaker

#3391 8 years ago

I was putting an order together on pinball life and they don't have the Cliffy scoop protector. Seems odd, I saw it on there before.

#3392 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Joined the club today with my nib led pro with shaker and it amazing and also my first nib .before I even turned it on I used better balls,hooked a sub and shaker up also waxed and put mylar down in high wear areas , cliffys at ball drops also.have the creeping death mod my lady bought at Allentown that needs put on still but I cant stop playing lol. ordered the sparky extended plastic for airballs. Still need a mystery hole protector and shooter lane one . The new cointaker shaker is very nice. Also the game definitely needs color matched inserts and some color in the gi .
By the way what a amazingly fast game with awesome rules and lots of surprises with the 2 magnets throwing it at your face
20150509_004613.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Before you go nuts with color matching the inserts try one or two of different colors. I've found the insert facets loose some of the "sparkly" that the clear dome white give them. I've left ST and Mustang alone and I love the way they sparkle. Just throwing this out there.

#3393 8 years ago

Just installed bone finger flipper bats on my Metallica Man they look sweet

image.jpgimage.jpg
#3394 8 years ago

My right flipper started sticking in the up position, so I dug in and found it was a mechanical issue. After inspecting I decided to change the coil sleeve which looked a bit nasty even at only 414 plays. I also found that the coil stop center is loose and appears to be the culprit as it allows the plunger to go a tad further in and gets stuck in the end of the coil sleeve. I tightened up the flipper return spring and it helps, but a new coil stop is in order.

Below is a pic of the left and right coil sleeves respectively. What's odd is the right flipper has about 3,000 less flips than the left, but is way dirtier.
IMG_1465.JPGIMG_1465.JPG

I also noticed the graveyard cross wasn't flashing, so I tore into that and found the flasher bulb couldn't take that many hits I guess. What a pain to change that bulb.
IMG_1382.JPGIMG_1382.JPG

Just thought I'd post this so you guys know if you have the same problems what to look for.

#3395 8 years ago

Same thing happened to my cross flasher.

#3396 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Same thing happened to my cross flasher.

pretty sure most of these metallica pros have this flasher bulb issue.

same here too after a few weeks when I had got mine.

#3397 8 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I also noticed the graveyard cross wasn't flashing, so I tore into that and found the flasher bulb couldn't take that many hits I guess. What a pain to change that bulb.

Try a flat 8 led in, it won't stick out so far.

#3398 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Are yall sweet talking her? I've bought 4 NIB pins in the last 2 years and CT was always a couple hundred more than most of the other main distributors I called. Not trying to derail things but I'm curious why I have such a large difference in pricing exp.

I called a few, but their pricing was great and you get some perks!

#3399 8 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

My right flipper started sticking in the up position, so I dug in and found it was a mechanical issue. After inspecting I decided to change the coil sleeve which looked a bit nasty even at only 414 plays. I also found that the coil stop center is loose and appears to be the culprit as it allows the plunger to go a tad further in and gets stuck in the end of the coil sleeve. I tightened up the flipper return spring and it helps, but a new coil stop is in order.
Below is a pic of the left and right coil sleeves respectively. What's odd is the right flipper has about 3,000 less flips than the left, but is way dirtier.
IMG_1465.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_1382.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
Just thought I'd post this so you guys know if you have the same problems what to look for.

Wow. I had an issure with my cross flasher, but after digging it out, it had just came out of the socket. This is definitely a place a regular push-twist 44-47 style bulb socket would be nice. But it may not fit. Was a super pain.
Did you have issues getting the cross to fit down through the hole in the plastic? The screws in mine just barely fit. Must be diff on thr prem/le cause as is my cross wouldnt work on the mech.

#3400 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Get rid of the turtle and get yourself a snake!!! (See post linked below)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/31#post-2028678

Get the ColorDMD when it becomes available again.

That's really about it for ABSOLUTE must haves. Upgraded sound system (follow the link Metallik referenced a couple posts above yours) and you'll be in audio heaven.

Conrgats on your first NIB!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.