IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 433.
#3301 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Yes you do. It's a BITCH to install, but after seeing those pics above, I'm glad I did it.

Is it!? I figured the sparky would be meh, but the cross would be harder as you have to take off the plastic.... is it worse than I suspect?!

#3302 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is it!? I figured the sparky would be meh, but the cross would be harder as you have to take off the plastic.... is it worse than I suspect?!

Cutting the hole in the mylar to fit around the magnet is ridiculously difficult. Although I can tell you, the magnet is almost EXACTLY the same diameter as a nickel. So you can trace that onto the magnet and cut that. Just annoying overall.

#3304 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Cutting the hole in the mylar to fit around the magnet is ridiculously difficult. Although I can tell you, the magnet is almost EXACTLY the same diameter as a nickel. So you can trace that onto the magnet and cut that. Just annoying overall.

I just stuck it down centered and used an x-acto knife to trim out the magnet after the fact.

#3305 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Wouldn't it be easier to put the mylar on without cutting, and then use an exacto to cut around it and remove the center? I've done that with other magnet games.

#3306 8 years ago

Oh...That sounds about a million times easier.

#3307 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

you think it would be worth buying the marco ones already cut then?

#3308 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Wouldn't it be easier to put the mylar on without cutting, and then use an exacto to cut around it and remove the center? I've done that with other magnet games.

I'll be trying that

#3309 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

you think it would be worth buying the marco ones already cut then?

why buy their 5$ magnet protectors when you can buy a 1 foot sheet from them for 7$?

they have to make money somehow, easy to make a template for those magnet mylar cutouts and have a 400% markup on the actual value of the 2 inch piece of mylar.

then you have leftover mylar for other instances.

#3310 8 years ago

I have a sheet already and the pbl circles. But sometimes paying a few bucks is worth the time and cutting

#3311 8 years ago

Here is the link for the sheet of mylar from Marco. It is sold by the foot and is 22" wide.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MFT

#3312 8 years ago

Do all the Met Pro LED's have the artwork on the speaker panel that matches the cab? All the pro leds shown on distrib websites show the black speaker panel, which I'm assuming is stock photos from Stern of the old pro.

#3313 8 years ago

I tried to snap a pic, but I was totally cradling an LED earlier. One fell out from the sling spotlights, ha.

Also, this game is stupid fun. Like all pinball, it's easier to get frustrated over things, but man...When you've got 3 inserts lit for CIU and are THIIIIIIIS close to that 4th one? So good.

Also, I think I've only had Snake and Coffin Multiball once or twice in my 100+ games. I should focus on those a bit more.

#3314 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Do all the Met Pro LED's have the artwork on the speaker panel that matches the cab?

Yes, they're all in the new cab style, with the angled metal speaker panel, and the decal.

#3315 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Also, I think I've only had Snake and Coffin Multiball once or twice in my 100+ games. I should focus on those a bit more.

For coffin - Try focusing on hitting the captive ball after an inlane is scored. This lights double count towards coffin for a couple of seconds. Doing this you should see coffin much more often.

Snakes another story. I don't find snake MB all that lucrative anyways but coffin is a great MB as you can progress towards other MB and even stack one other in during coffin.

#3316 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For coffin - Try focusing on hitting the captive ball after an inlane is scored. This lights double count towards coffin for a couple of seconds. Doing this you should see coffin much more often.
Snakes another story. I don't find snake MB all that lucrative anyways but coffin is a great MB as you can progress towards other MB and even stack one other in during coffin.

Thaaaat's why the coffin insert flashes sometimes. Thank you!

#3317 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I thought the inlane double count on coffin was only toward CIU. I think you still have to hit it the required amount for MB. Can someone confirm?

#3318 8 years ago

While getting "coffin multi-ball" does the game say coffin multiball? I was playing and when I achieved coffin/casket multi ball, all it said was "Coffin" it didn't say multiball. Is this normal? I have heard it say that a few times now come to think of it. Seems like a glitch.

#3319 8 years ago

Is there a special tool to adjust height on the magnet core?

#3320 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I thought the inlane double count on coffin was only toward CIU. I think you still have to hit it the required amount for MB. Can someone confirm?

Ah crap, I think you are right. Sorry about that

Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Is there a special tool to adjust height on the magnet core?

Nope. Just a large socket (1 1/8") and a flat head screwdriver. The socket isn't required as you can do it with a monkey wrench but it's A LOT easier and safer to just get the right size socket.

#3321 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

No, the double coffin shots absolutely count towards coffin locks as well. Also, you can progress to a coffin lock during a MB, you just can't actually get a lock until the MB is over. As far as hitting coffin from an inlane, try hitting super early from the right inlane. At first I didn't think it was doable but now I hit that shot all the time.

#3322 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

No, the double coffin shots absolutely count towards coffin locks as well. Also, you can progress to a coffin lock during a MB, you just can't actually get a lock until the MB is over. As far as hitting coffin from an inlane, try hitting super early from the right inlane. At first I didn't think it was doable but now I hit that shot all the time.

Nope, I just checked with the glass off and checked status after each hit. Going down the inlanes, hits toward multiball only count as one, but hits toward CIU count as two. It took five hits to light lock when going down the inlanes. It deducted 10 hits toward CIU.

I've never had a problem hitting coffin from the right flipper. In fact, I even get ricochets into the snake mouth when hitting the hammer block (METLE). I can also backhand the right ramp from the right flipper!

#3324 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

No, the double coffin shots absolutely count towards coffin locks as well.

No they do not.

Also, you can progress to a coffin lock during a MB, you just can't actually get a lock until the MB is over.

True. On the latest LE/Prem code you can progress all the locks as opposed to a single lock, but this can be reverted in the settings.

As far as hitting coffin from an inlane, try hitting super early from the right inlane. At first I didn't think it was doable but now I hit that shot all the time.

Coffin from the right flipper is my preferred way to do it. It's pretty easy on my machine to backhand the coffin, into the snake even on the fly. From a trap it's even easier.

#3325 8 years ago

Hmm...Cliffy Mystery Scoop has REALLY screwed up the way the ball comes out of the scoop. Anyone else have this issue?

#3326 8 years ago

My Cliffy on the mystery scoop has not affected the ball whatsoever as it comes back out.

#3327 8 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

My Cliffy on the mystery scoop has not affected the ball whatsoever as it comes back out.

I feel like an IDIOT. The side wasn't "clipped in" all the way.

#3328 8 years ago

No worries.

Now, keep playing some Metallica!!

#3329 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Hmm...Cliffy Mystery Scoop has REALLY screwed up the way the ball comes out of the scoop. Anyone else have this issue?

If anything, I would say the cliffy really affects the ball GOING IN the Mystery Scoop.

#3330 8 years ago

My Cliffy doesn't affect the ball going in, either, in my opinion.

However, I can't hit the shot when I need to.

Play better damnit!!!

#3331 8 years ago

Yes it seems the mystery hole and kick out gets a lot of use so the cliffy there is probably a good addition. It is next on my list of items for MET.

#3332 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Pissed,image.jpg (Click image to enlarge) less than 3 weeks nib playfield is chipped up around sparky magnet! Any ideas to fix or cover?

Can you find the paint chip? You can probably glue it back in place.

Rob

#3333 8 years ago

I want to change a few songs using the pinball browser and have a few questions besides how you actually do it. Once you replace a track, does it automatically change places in the game that used that track. For example at the end of the game I believe it plays Unforgiven, so if you change that song will it also change that part in the game or do you have to replace that too? If you change Fade To Black will it also change it in crank it up? I think I really want to incorporate Shortest Straw, No Remorse, and Damage Inc. if I can. Anybody have experience with any of these changes? Thanks.

#3334 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I want to change a few songs using the pinball browser and have a few questions besides how you actually do it. Once you replace a track, does it automatically change places in the game that used that track. For example at the end of the game I believe it plays Unforgiven, so if you change that song will it also change that part in the game or do you have to replace that too? If you change Fade To Black will it also change it in crank it up? I think I really want to incorporate Shortest Straw, No Remorse, and Damage Inc. if I can. Anybody have experience with any of these changes? Thanks.

You find the longest request of the song and replace it. All instances of the song will be replaced, including your example of Unforgiven at the end of the game. Same with Fade to Black in CIU.

However, it won't replace James saying, "Fade to Black" when the mode starts or any other call outs related to the song you replaced. You can change the text in the song choice menu, but any animations that have the old song title will remain, (there's a way to change those, too, but that's above my payscale ).

The one thing you can't change is the time slot for the original song. For example, if Sad But True plays for 5:23, the replacement song must be 5:23. If it's shorter, there will be dead air until 5:23 is up, and then it will start over. If it's longer, it will suddenly cut off to start over. You can edit your replacement songs by fading out to make them fit, and it will provide a smooth transition when the song starts over. If a song is too short, you can edit in a guitar solo or something from another song as "filler." I use Audacity to do all that editing.

Shortest Straw is a great replacement for Unforgiven because they are both almost exactly the same length. The riff at the end of the game sounds better, as well.

A lot of Metallica songs, like Damage Inc. have long, slow intros that you may want to consider editing. Damage Inc. doesn't get going until about 1:20. That's a long time of playing pinball without really hearing any music.

#3335 8 years ago

Just became a Pro LED owner on Saturday. Special thanks to Melissa at Cointaker.

so far:
ColorDMD
Geert Koop Sparky
Rickwh Sparky Airball protector
Shaker
Mirror blades
Fangs
Snake decal
Coffin decal
small Guitar
Polk dedicated powered sub
A few LED changes

And more coming....really enjoying the gameplay....friggin' Fuel is sick........

metpro.JPGmetpro.JPG

#3336 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Just became a Pro LED owner on Saturday. Special thanks to Melissa at Cointaker.
so far:
ColorDMD
Geert Koop Sparky
Rickwh Sparky Airball protector
Shaker
Mirror blades
Fangs
Snake decal
Coffin decal
small Guitar
Polk dedicated powered sub
A few LED changes
And more coming....really enjoying the gameplay....friggin' Fuel is sick........
metpro.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Looks great, no scoop protector?

#3337 8 years ago

So I asked earlier and tried some things...But the snake fangs. My snake has the screw in it's mouth (that requires an offset screwdriver). I cannot get access to that screw nor get it to turn, no matter how hard I try. Any tips? I tried unscrewing just the screw up top, but that didn't allow me to wiggle the front of the mouth loose at all.

#3338 8 years ago

Looking to join this club. If anyone has a Premium (monster) for sale in the NJ area for a fair price send me a PM.

#3339 8 years ago

nicoga3000 - did you try this type of screw driver?

#3340 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Looks great, no scoop protector?

on its way from Cliffy.

also coming...
white rubbers
plastic protectors
mylar magnet protectors

#3341 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Any tips? I tried unscrewing just the screw up top, but that didn't allow me to wiggle the front of the mouth loose at all.

I had to remove the screw on the top of the snake head and on the back of the head. That allowed me to loosen it enough to bring the fangs in. I had to loosen the plastic and LED behind the snake to get to the screw on the back.

#3342 8 years ago

please dont kick my ass, but i'm decided in my head to sell MET+EATPM (cause needing euros) and grab KISS PREM...

#3343 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

nicoga3000 - did you try this type of screw driver?

No I totally missed this. I'll check into buying one of these soon. Can't hurt to have around the house, either. Thanks!

#3344 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

please dont kick my ass, but i'm decided in my head to sell MET+EATPM (cause needing euros) and grab KISS PREM...

The door is that way..

#3345 8 years ago

lol... not so fast, meaning "i'm ready to do it" is not the same as founding someone to buy my 2 pins...

bah, no urge or real need to do it, will see how it goes

#3346 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

If you have decided on a premium, hold off and play one first. You should have plenty of time.

#3347 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

While getting "coffin multi-ball" does the game say coffin multiball? I was playing and when I achieved coffin/casket multi ball, all it said was "Coffin" it didn't say multiball. Is this normal? I have heard it say that a few times now come to think of it. Seems like a glitch.

I didn't get a answer on this yet. While playing last night, it yells Coffin then its just nothing, it should say "multiball" after it says coffin right? thanks.

#3348 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

If you have decided on a premium, hold off and play one first. You should have plenty of time.

This! There's no reason to order the game yet, wait and see how it plays. If it's awesome then hey, sell your games to someone who will dig them. But we haven't even seen a video yet.

#3349 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I didn't get a answer on this yet. While playing last night, it yells Coffin then its just nothing, it should say "multiball" after it says coffin right? thanks.

heard that as well...and have heard both.

quick question....... on the right ramp, when you don't make it up the ramp and the ball comes back down, the right pick target gets in the way and its not a clean run down the ramp. On mine, the ball comes down and bangs off the back of the right pick target. Is that normal?

#3350 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

heard that as well...and have heard both.
quick question....... on the right ramp, when you don't make it up the ramp and the ball comes back down, the right pick target gets in the way and its not a clean run down the ramp. On mine, the ball comes down and bangs off the back of the right pick target. Is that normal?

It shouldn't hit the pick target, it should hit the post that's there. Check to make sure your target is lined up right. Sometimes those targets move and lean, and this maybe what yours is doing. If ball rolls down off the ramp, it hit the post that's there, never the target itself. Sometimes it wont hit nothing and come back down smooth.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.