Topic Stats

• 17,204 posts
  • 960 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,947 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpg
MET MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17204 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 345.
#3251 4 years ago

There is no line FG DMD, was just in transition when pic was taken.

#3252 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I have a lot of friends up here, and made myself a pretty sweet deal.
Brought home ACDC prem. Friday night as well.
N.B. Wife is away for the weekend.... oops

Nice! With your collection what's pin or two she'll never notice..

#3253 4 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Nice! With your collection what's pin or two she'll never notice..

She plays them. So She will know.

Funny enough, AC/DC was the one pin she said she missed when I sold it the first time.

#3254 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

She plays them. So She will know.
Funny enough, AC/DC was the one pin she said she missed when I sold it the first time.

I Want an Acdc, that pin might get my wife to play but she has no interest. Hopefully that or Star Trek will be my next one. Awesome collection you have there enjoy!

#3255 4 years ago

My basement a few weeks ago.

uhhhhhhhh.jpg
#3256 4 years ago

The game folded on the left is TOTAN. In the background are a few games Im holding for a fellow pinhead.

Firepower, Pharoah and Elektra. Uber clean examples too.

#3257 4 years ago

Star Trek is on my short list, but with bringing back ACDC and deposit on Met. It aint gonna happen for a while. Unless I trade something off, but I doubt I would.

#3258 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

There is no line FG DMD, was just in transition when pic was taken.

Meg, lol

Nice line up!

#3259 4 years ago

I am thinking about selling my METLE and picking up the led pro. Stern site says they're sold out. Do distributors still have them? I wouldn't be able to order until the METLE sold, so it probably wouldn't be until PAGG in a few weeks. Did I miss the boat? If these aren't available, I'll hang onto the METLE.

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I am thinking about selling my METLE and picking up the led pro. Stern site says they're sold out. Do distributors still have them? I wouldn't be able to order until the METLE sold, so it probably wouldn't be until PAGG in a few weeks. Did I miss the boat? If these aren't available, I'll hang onto the METLE.

Sent you a PM!

#3261 4 years ago

Green fluorescent lane protectors and sling shots for sale. Includes non floresent sparky protector that is larger than factory to add better protection. $20.00 For all .Used.

image.jpg. Left bottom is factory to show how much longer improved sparky protector is.

#3262 4 years ago

You got PM

#3263 4 years ago

Progress with the colour GI code. Grave MB start added. Scoop added. Many, many, many bugs removed..lot's of conflicting turn on/turn off commands in the first pass. All the nuances of orbit handling ironed out, including rejects. And second video has proper LJ start (a bit buggy at the end).
There is a problem with one switch row being read properly at the MCU, so the captive ball doesn't read. I moved it's effect to the pick target closest.
And the PWM is still too jittery, so the scoop is a gradual string turn off rather than fade. Final version will be fade though. Moving on to CIU modes now.

Some gameplay

Proper LJ start

#3264 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Progress with the colour GI code. Grave MB start added. Scoop added. Many, many, many bugs removed..lot's of conflicting turn on/turn off commands in the first pass. All the nuances of orbit handling ironed out, including rejects. And second video has proper LJ start (a bit buggy at the end).
There is a problem with one switch row being read properly at the MCU, so the captive ball doesn't read. I moved it's effect to the pick target closest.
And the PWM is still too jittery, so the scoop is a gradual string turn off rather than fade. Final version will be fade though. Moving on to CIU modes now.
Some gameplay
» YouTube video
Proper LJ start
» YouTube video

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are you rewriting the code??

#3265 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are you rewriting the code??

It's a programmable interface board between the lights and the game that interprets things the game is doing for light cues -- NOT a rewrite.

#3266 4 years ago

I got mine unboxed and setup late Saturday night. My dad and my brother (Gov) came out and helped me. We put the Pinbits sparky protector on and then got to put some plays on it. Great game, glad I had the opportunity to get one before production ends.

image (3).jpg image.jpg
#3267 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Mine does the same thing, whereas it used to not. I'm mainly talking about the hooks nof lining up.

yep, the two hooks. I never had a Stern, so I'am trying to get use to it. Trying all kinds of different ways to do this. Its so clunky, bump, bump, stop, lift and lower, then lift and slam it in.

Quoted from northvibe:

Mine did this. I lifted it. Loosened the bolts of those two metal hangers and pushed them in further, tightened them back up. Seems much better but is still a little tight.

I'll have to try this, thanks

#3268 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Does anybody know if a 'mantis style' (inside the rim) protector for the mystery hole exists? I'd rather do that than the full collar cliffy style.

Yes that's the one to get. The other one was designed to cover worn scoop holes on older games!

#3269 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Green fluorescent lane protectors and sling shots for sale. Includes non floresent sparky protector that is larger than factory to add better protection. $20.00 For all .Used.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge). Left bottom is factory to show how much longer improved sparky protector is.

Sold. Pending payment.

#3270 4 years ago

The outlanes on this game feel like STTNG sometimes.

#3271 4 years ago

This is surprisingly not bad.

#3272 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Mine sits next to my STTNG. The outlanes feel worse than STTNG

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have learned to shake the game EVERY time it goes into the left lane area, whether it looks like it needs it or not. It's surprising how many saves I get directly off the metal divider lanes. Still pisses me off when I shoot the fuel lane and it rewards me with an outlane drain. So I even shake it then as well!

#3274 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Still pisses me off when I shoot the fuel lane and it rewards me with an outlane drain. So I even shake it then.

I think I've caused as many drains as I've saved doing that.

#3275 4 years ago

So this just happened. Only had it installed for a few days. New plastic snapped at the connection. Hope he's got more left.

20150504_184746.jpg
#3276 4 years ago

Ill take care of ya.

#3277 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ill take care of ya.

I shot you a message - just let me know if you've got more and I'll shoot you money for another.

#3278 4 years ago

No need for extra money. Ive had people that reported fit issues in the past but never any one that had them breaking. I think you are the first for that, unfortunately.

I have a few spares that i just need to finish sanding and test fitting and then ill get one out in the mail.

No charge

#3279 4 years ago

Pissed,image.jpg less than 3 weeks nib playfield is chipped up around sparky magnet! Any ideas to fix or cover?

#3280 4 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Pissed,image.jpg (Click image to enlarge) less than 3 weeks nib playfield is chipped up around sparky magnet! Any ideas to fix or cover?

Shit!

#3281 4 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Pissed, less than 3 weeks nib playfield is chipped up around sparky magnet! Any ideas to fix or cover?

Wow that sucks. That just chipped off in one hunk?

#3282 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Wow that sucks. That just chipped off in one hunk?

As far as I can tell, I can't find the piece though.

#3283 4 years ago

I would definitely get a mylar ring for that spot. But, I mean, can Stern do anything about that?

#3284 4 years ago

That is just the magnet that had a chunk come out? You can get new magnet cores....but ya maybe stern would cover it under warranty.

nicoga3000 - did your plastic break in the rear right?

#3285 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

That is just the magnet that had a chunk come out? You can get new magnet cores....but ya maybe stern would cover it under warranty.

Zoom in. On the left of the magnet. It's a big chunk of paint off the PF.

#3286 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

nicoga3000 - did your plastic break in the rear right?

No, it broke at the point where it connects to the hex post. It's on the left in that picture. It's not the best pic of it. When I open the game to put my Mystery Cliffy in, I'll get a better pic.

#3287 4 years ago

Sean, I have your replacement sparky out for the mail tomorrow. Lemme know when you get it and if you have any problems with this one.

Sorry ya had problems. Hope this one works better for ya!

#3288 4 years ago

I would be pissed too! Hopefully Stern helps out.

Clear issue or magnet too low or high from factory?

#3289 4 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Pissed,image.jpg (Click image to enlarge) less than 3 weeks nib playfield is chipped up around sparky magnet! Any ideas to fix or cover?

Wow, how unfortunate for you, and I would be quite upset as well. Definitely contact Stern and see if they warranty this damage. What happened? Just an air ball that caused that much damage? I hope this is not a sign of bad production games in this latest run because I got one and It definitely concerns me. Good luck and sorry that happened.

#3290 4 years ago

I would be shifting bricks if that happened. let us know what Stern says.

#3291 4 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

That's really ough. Cliffy has magnet protectors but they tend to warp after some time (get loose).
As you have not much to loose here perhaps use different style of glue?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/Metallica.htm

I would only try this as a last resort however. First contact Stern

#3292 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Wow, how unfortunate for you, and I would be quite upset as well. Definitely contact Stern and see if they warranty this damage. What happened? Just an air ball that caused that much damage? I hope this is not a sign of bad production games in this latest run because I got one and It definitely concerns me. Good luck and sorry that happened.

Not that I know of, my son plays it when I'm not around. I haven't seen any since I put my sparky protector.

I guess I'll give stern a call today and see what they say.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would be pissed too! Hopefully Stern helps out.
Clear issue or magnet too low or high from factory?

The magnet is flush.

#3293 4 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

This worries me also as I just ordered a met pro and picking it up tomorrow or Wednesday the one at Allentown after one day was really really bad with most of the paint around the magnet and 3 inches out was gone seems like there may be a bad batch of met led pros within the last month or so I heard of this from other newer owners also at the show .

#3294 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

This worries me also as I just ordered a met pro and picking it up tomorrow or Wednesday the one at Allentown after one day was really really bad with most of the paint around the magnet and 3 inches out was gone seems like there may be a bad batch of met led pros within the last month or so I heard of this from other newer owners also at the show .

I wouldn't let my incident deter you from getting this great game. I work in manufacturing, so I know things happen that can be out of your control. I'll talk to stern today and see if there is anything that can be done. I am really happy with this game other than this one issue. The reason I posted is to make other owners aware of a potential problem around the magnet area and that they might be diligent in protecting this area.

#3295 4 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

I wouldn't let my incident deter you from getting this great game. I work in manufacturing, so I know things happen that can be out of your control. I'll talk to stern today and see if there is anything that can be done. I am really happy with this game other than this one issue. The reason I posted is to make other owners aware of a potential problem around the magnet area and that they might be diligent in protecting this area.

Thanks for posting this. I hope Stern sets you up with a new playfield or at the very least a vinyl overlay that matches that area. There is no reason this type of damage should be happening on a new game. I too just received a MET Pro from the most recent batch and will be installing mylar magnet protectors today.

#3296 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I too just received a MET Pro from the most recent batch and will be installing mylar magnet protectors today.

of those owners here that have installed the mylar magnet protectors, which ones seem to work the best? I know that marco's carry a larger one (listed under iron man), and others have been using a smaller circle from terry @ pinballlife.com

marco's
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-MG

pinball life
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1980

#3297 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Zoom in. On the left of the magnet. It's a big chunk of paint off the PF.

OH GEEZ. I didn't notice it at first....

#3298 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

OH GEEZ. I didn't notice it at first....

Neither did I, as I was looking for a chunk of magneg, then I saw the actual damage. DAMN!

#3299 4 years ago

I need to clean and then put that mylar on...asap

Even with the protector I can see air balls still happening, but that seems like a freak accident.. This is the first I've seen, but I haven't been in the met club long

#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I need to clean and then put that mylar on...asap

Yes you do. It's a BITCH to install, but after seeing those pics above, I'm glad I did it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 199.99
There are 17204 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 345.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside