IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 433.
#3201 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

What color translucent drop targets should I put in the cemetery?

White with a black cross decal

#3202 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

What color translucent drop targets should I put in the cemetery?

Vote for RED, though Purple would also be nice.

#3203 8 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Anyone have an extra Metallica keychain laying around? Want to sell or trade?
The new pro's didn't come with one.

I grabbed one of these on ebay:
ebay.com link: Metallica keychain

Nice metal keychain that's a good size.

#3204 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Na, he is too old for that kind of thing

Funny! No it has more to do with keeping the peace with the wife and kids. The room my pin is in sets right next to my kids bedrooms. So no pinball after 10pm for me. I will post pics, this will be my first NIB, so yes I am excited to say the least.

#3205 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I know last time I talked to him he was very busy with family lately. He also could be out of stock I know I bought the last set of silver ones and he had at the time two sets of black left in stock. I'm really surprised you guys haven't heard back from him he's usually very good with communication he may be checking into cost to have them done again and the timeframe it will take hopefully he can make more they look great. I stood back and looked at my Metallica last night with the rails and the color DMD and it is quite impressive to say the least.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That looks awesome!

#3206 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

I just got my game and getting ready to move it next to AC/DC which means I need to find a new spot for TRON (although I am not selling TRON).
I really like MET and and glad I was able to pick one up on this last build. I wanted the premium but I couldn't justify the inflated prices as they say they are not rerunning them. I really like the pro so all is well.
I just finished adding my MODs that I bought which are the following:
Topper
Flipper Fidelity LED backboard
Snake Fangs & Tongue
Pinbits Protectors
Sparky Double EL electrocution wires
Cemetery Entrance
Speaker Flasher on Ramps
Metallica Belt buckle
On Order:
Cemetery Pinblade
Mystery Scoop protector
Shaker Motor
Custom Apron Cards
Still thinking about:
Color DMD
Lighting for Pinblades
Hoping:
Painted Sparky

Pingraffix pinblades and custom Dirty Donny Sparky are on order

Also decided to go with the ColorDMD - will pick up soon

#3207 8 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Funny! No it has more to do with keeping the peace with the wife and kids. The room my pin is in sets right next to my kids bedrooms. So no pinball after 10pm for me. I will post pics, this will be my first NIB, so yes I am excited to say the least.

Time to set up in a garage for a night....just grabbed mine yesterday, you shall enjoy sir.

#3208 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Time to set up in a garage for a night....just grabbed mine yesterday, you shall enjoy sir.

How are you liking it?

Can't wait for the spinners and colordmd

#3209 8 years ago

Look what just showed up!
20150501_144153.jpg20150501_144153.jpg

#3210 8 years ago

So how often do you guys wax your machines and how many plays before the first wax? I have had my machine a little over 2 weeks now and put 320 plays on it. I probably put that many plays on my STTNG over the course of a couple years. Regular cleaning/waxing wasn't a huge issue before when I didn't play much so I really don't know how often I should be doing it. What do you guys recommend?

#3211 8 years ago

I try to wax the playfield at least every other month....and my games probably don't get 100 games a month right now.

#3212 8 years ago

I can't get my fangs installed for anything. The little screw inside the jaw is so damn tight...Anyone else have this issue?

#3213 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I can't get my fangs installed for anything. The little screw inside the jaw is so damn tight...Anyone else have this issue?

I lifted on the plastic head a bit(had a little give) and slid the teeth in at an angle.

#3214 8 years ago

Hate to ask again but did you add plastic leg protectors?

Also, which protector did you install in the mystery scoop?

thanks

#3215 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

thanks

See my previous response:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/64#post-2419717

#3216 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

thanks

I usually like felt ones, but the new sterns have protectors built in...no need unless you get ones that stick out for some color.

#3217 8 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

I did reach out to him about 2 weeks ago-after someone on this thread posted a pic of them. He told me that if he got 15 people interested in them, he'd make another batch. Hopefully he gets enough responses to do another run.

Well lets hope so.

#3218 8 years ago

Ricks sparky protector is installed! Just played a while with the gf...she's better than me on many games lol

#3219 8 years ago

Hell yeah!! Officially part of the club. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Installed the sparky protector right a way, brought the outlanes in, and replaced the balls with PL shiny ones. Loving it so far. Thinking about getting the shaker motor but is there any bad effects to the game after installing it with too much vibration? Have the snake fangs and tongue sticker, the fluorescent green sling and inlane protectors from PL and going to change some insert lighting colors too. Another shout out to Melissa at Cointaker, excellent customer service! Looking forward to an awesome weekend of installing mods and playing. Peace!

#3220 8 years ago

The wait is over, the PRO has arrived! What a great machine!!! Now time to add the mod's...

20150501_181353.jpg20150501_181353.jpg
20150501_160757.jpg20150501_160757.jpg

#3221 8 years ago

Anybody know the difference between Cointaker's Red Tremor shaker and Sterns shaker? Does installing either rattle the glass too much during play? Any other ill long term effects from the vibration? Thanks all!

#3222 8 years ago

I'm officially in the club now too! It was scheduled to be delivered to my house but that wasn't going to happen until Monday. So I went and picked it up at the terminal tonight after work. Then off to my kids track meet. I will get it unloaded and unboxed tomorrow. I can't wait!

20150501_160144.jpg20150501_160144.jpg

#3223 8 years ago

Man, I'm psyched to see so many excited about their METs! What a kick a$$ game. If you don't like it you are probably a bad person, but who am I to judge?

#3224 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Refer to this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/46#post-2264067

So, there are two screws to the snake, one in the back and the big one in the top middle of the head. Get the top screw out as far as it will go; you can totally remove it from the snake. At that point, grab the front of the snake's snout and gently wiggle back and forth, and it will start to come loose. Gently pull straight back, and you'll be able to get enough room to put the fangs in place. Re-attach screw, and you're done!

#3225 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody know the difference between Cointaker's Red Tremor shaker and Sterns shaker? Does installing either rattle the glass too much during play? Any other ill long term effects from the vibration? Thanks all!

I compared them, the motor in Cointaker's Red Tremor shaker is a smaller diameter motor, it turns approximately 1000 rpm faster than the Stern shaker, and the motor shafts are a smaller diameter than the Stern. The rotating weights on the Stern shaker are a little heavier as well.

#3226 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Ain't it the truth! [...] 78 cents US right now.... sucks!
Rob

You know, when the US banking system went sideways, I bought EWC (http://etfdb.com/etf/EWC/). I still believe in Canada's banking system...keep the faith! CAD were worth more than USD when we had our honeymoon at Lake Louise in 1996. And we live in Georgia - who needs hot weather on a honeymoon? We wanted cold weather for snuggling.

#3227 8 years ago

Does anyone know if Stern published a sales flyer for the Metallica Pro LED's like they do for their other machines?

#3228 8 years ago

Damn this is now my favorite pin of all time! Now how in the heck to I beat my high score...

#3229 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

YES! I ordered like 15 balls from PBL. Just LOOK at the stern balls when you get them. They aren't even high shiny nice looking...

The stock Stern balls are not even usable in the premium. They will get magnetized within a few games and then get stuck in the coffin lock.

Rob

#3230 8 years ago

WTF! My brand new game is dead in the water. No coils or flashers are working. Playing a game and all of a sudden flippers go dead ball drains and no ball kick out. Go into coil test and none of my coils are working. The voltage cut off switch at coin door is working. Got to be a fuse somewhere, none in the back box appear to be blown, are there more in the cabinet and where? This sucks!

#3232 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I used one of theses to get my snake head off. Screw in roof of the snakes mouth

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-5-pc-offset-ratcheting-screwdriver-bit-wrench/p-00941715000P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

#3233 8 years ago

What's the stainless steel left orbit guide like on your MET? Does the stainless steel guide touch the side rail? On mine it doesn't and there's just enough room for the ball. It seems like there should be a bit more room...

Rob

#3235 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

WTF! My brand new game is dead in the water. No coils or flashers are working. Playing a game and all of a sudden flippers go dead ball drains and no ball kick out. Go into coil test and none of my coils are working. The voltage cut off switch at coin door is working. Got to be a fuse somewhere, none in the back box appear to be blown, are there more in the cabinet and where? This sucks!

It a ball ejects that would be a coil so some are working. Hmm I would lift up the pf and there should be a manaual stoked to the side, also look for any wires that broke off the coil lug. I don't remember where the fuses are but I think there are some under side of pf

#3236 8 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I compared them, the motor in Cointaker's Red Tremor shaker is a smaller diameter motor, it turns approximately 1000 rpm faster than the Stern shaker, and the motor shafts are a smaller diameter than the Stern. The rotating weights on the Stern shaker are a little heavier as well.

My coin taker shaker is much more violent than my stern. It shakes but I haven't had any rattle or parts becoming loose issue yet. The glass is so tight in the channels I does not rattle.

#3237 8 years ago
Quoted from Notbychance:

Damn this is now my favorite pin of all time! Now how in the heck to I beat my high score...

This is a problem that won't go away. A good problem to have!

#3238 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Call 1-800-kickers. That's Stern's service hotline. Chaz will tell you exactly what to do to troubleshoot and fix.

#3239 8 years ago

^^^+1 for that. Chaz is a good dude and will take care of you.

#3240 8 years ago
Quoted from dug:

+1
Great work Rick on the sparky protectors at a more than fair price.

Agree great work Rick on the sling and parky protectors!!

#3241 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Call 1-800-kickers. That's Stern's service hotline. Chaz will tell you exactly what to do to troubleshoot and fix.

Tried several times must not be available on the weekends?

#3242 8 years ago

I love how you can have 10 terrible games in a row followed by a 100m game. MET is one fickle beast.

#3243 8 years ago

Drives me crazy when I hit Sparky and the magnets do nothing and it goes SDTM

#3244 8 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Drives me crazy when I hit Sparky and the magnets do nothing and it goes SDTM

Yeah, it's nigh unsavable when thay happens.

#3245 8 years ago

Put down my deposit today, should have my game within a week!

#3246 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Put down my deposit today, should have my game within a week!

Congrats, that's a big purchase for you in Canada.

#3247 8 years ago

This game must be crushing it. I'd love to see sales numbers, especially acdc vs met

#3248 8 years ago

seems that this topic is really on fire !

quite logical as MET is surelly the best STERN at the moment (personal taste of course)

#3249 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Congrats, that's a big purchase for you in Canada.

I have a lot of friends up here, and made myself a pretty sweet deal.

Brought home ACDC prem. Friday night as well.

N.B. Wife is away for the weekend.... oops

#3250 8 years ago
uhhhhhhhh.jpguhhhhhhhh.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.