Topic Stats

• 16,892 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,860 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1574345173537 (resized).jpg
20191121_190619 (resized).jpg
20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16892 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 338.
#3151 4 years ago

Rick you are a kind man for making these by hand for the price. I appreciate it and so does my met

#3152 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Loaded and heading home.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

And you recorded a One and Done podcast while you were driving home? Yes? Yes?

#3153 4 years ago

Sparky believe it or not I didn't, I was too busy listening to the coinbox pinball podcasts most recent episodes as well as the pinball podcast with don and jeff....I totally planned on it but instead just enjoyed listening to some others. I have a crazy weekend of work ahead of me, but on Sunday I am driving to pick up some NOS WWF Royal Rumble playfields and plan to record then, I should have a lot to talk about.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

What no box? Oh man you got screwed. I hope they knocked off a couple hundred then. Enjoy.

Unfortunately the box doesn't fit into a jeep liberty, but picking game up at the shipping warehouse did allow me time to cut the box open, slide game into my gar, and then toss the empty box into their dumpster so I didn't have to deal with it. I kept my WWE LE box as it was my first NIB....this time didn't seem necessary. I may keep my AMH box when it comes from Spooky Pinball just because it could be so rare that future buyer may want original box, but again I doubt thats a game I will sell. Had to work on bathroom remodel tonight but got down to the location where the game is at and managed to put up 122 million in the few games I got on it so I shall sleep easier tonight knowing its playing well.

#3154 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Sparky believe it or not I didn't, I was too busy listening to the coinbox pinball podcasts most recent episodes as well as the pinball podcast with don and jeff....I totally planned on it but instead just enjoyed listening to some others. I have a crazy weekend of work ahead of me, but on Sunday I am driving to pick up some NOS WWF Royal Rumble playfields and plan to record then, I should have a lot to talk about.

Unfortunately the box doesn't fit into a jeep liberty, but picking game up at the shipping warehouse did allow me time to cut the box open, slide game into my gar, and then toss the empty box into their dumpster so I didn't have to deal with it. I kept my WWE LE box as it was my first NIB....this time didn't seem necessary. I may keep my AMH box when it comes from Spooky Pinball just because it could be so rare that future buyer may want original box, but again I doubt thats a game I will sell. Had to work on bathroom remodel tonight but got down to the location where the game is at and managed to put up 122 million in the few games I got on it so I shall sleep easier tonight knowing its playing well.

TOmmy?! hahaha, congrats on getting a met! I just realized after that short convo above you are the guy from the podcasts. Always driving around moving games Glad to hear the trip went well

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Rick you are a kind man for making these by hand for the price. I appreciate it and so does my met

+1
Great work Rick on the sparky protectors at a more than fair price.

#3156 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

TOmmy?! hahaha, congrats on getting a met! I just realized after that short convo above you are the guy from the podcasts. Always driving around moving games Glad to hear the trip went well

Thank you,

Surprised to find another listener, I think that makes you #5. Trip went great other than the fact that I had to do housework today after getting back to town and setting up the game at the arcade...and will be working 20 hour days the next two days, but come next Tuesday I will be playing the game a lot, hopefully have another podcast recorded this Sunday as well.

#3157 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thank you,
Surprised to find another listener, I think that makes you #5. Trip went great other than the fact that I had to do housework today after getting back to town and setting up the game at the arcade...and will be working 20 hour days the next two days, but come next Tuesday I will be playing the game a lot, hopefully have another podcast recorded this Sunday as well.

I told Nate this form c2c...I've listened to a handful of your podcasts and get this feeling that we've talked shop a bunch and are friends...but...you have never spoken to me and I now feel like a weird stalker......I like the way you talk...on the podcast....annnd I'm done being creepy

You are a joy to listen to. I'll have to queue some up on my drive this weekend. I hear your stories and it reminds me of the few I've had...and makes me wish I had a buddy or more money to make more trips

#3158 4 years ago

Loving the met pro! Just put down 240 mil! Loving the game since setting it up two weeks ago. This game can definitly be an ass kicker so when you kick its ass it feels good!

#3159 4 years ago
Quoted from Notbychance:

Loving the met pro! Just put down 240 mil! Loving the game since setting it up two weeks ago. This game can definitly be an ass kicker so when you kick its ass it feels good!

Thanks a ton man, makes me happy to record more in the future. Glad some people are out there listening.

#3160 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I told Nate this form c2c...I've listened to a handful of your podcasts and get this feeling that we've talked shop a bunch and are friends...but...you have never spoken to me and I now feel like a weird stalker......I like the way you talk...on the podcast....annnd I'm done being creepy
You are a joy to listen to. I'll have to queue some up on my drive this weekend. I hear your stories and it reminds me of the few I've had...and makes me wish I had a buddy or more money to make more trips

What am I? Chopped liver? You skip over my One and Dones?

#3161 4 years ago

Haha Sparky we all know you are the real star! We should get together and do an episode together sometime.....and damn we somehow hijacked an awesome Metallica thread with talk of our mediocre podcast.

#3162 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

What am I? Chopped liver? You skip over my One and Dones?

I don't remember....I only listened to a handful of the one and done, then kind of spaced on pin podcasts do if you did yours after tommy's first few, sorry! I need to catch up! Maybe I do remember one you did...... My memory is about as good as a gold fish :-/

I have thought about doing one...but you always criticize your own voice, ya know?

#3163 4 years ago

Just do it they are fun, and like I said only 4-5 listeners anyway haha.

#3164 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Haha Sparky we all know you are the real star! We should get together and do an episode together sometime.....and damn we somehow hijacked an awesome Metallica thread with talk of our mediocre podcast.

Funny, I was just thinking about this the other day while listening to Taylor's One and Done. I've only done Skype once, with Charlie on the Spooky Pinball podcast, but he did the recording for both of us on his end. PM if you know how to make it happen

#3165 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

My playfield don't line up when lowering back into place. I literately have to slam it into place. Is that normal? I ask cuz its my first Stern so not sure. It sure is a "clunky" process with quite a few bumps before you can lower it. I really dred lifting the playfield, and I shouldn't feel that way. Any easy adjustments to line it up? The 2 hooks on the playfield when lowered gently, miss the slots on the cabinet by like 1/8-1/2 inch, I then lift it up abit and SLAM it down and it goes in, but only if I SLAM it. Its always been like this. I had asked someone about this, and they said normal, but I don't think so. I is a PITA. I dont lift the playfield up much, but like to get it right, but not sure how, or where to begin. Any help from fellow owners is needed and appreciated!

I had problems with the hooks on my MET (Premium) not lining up properly as well, but the playfield on my game is also warped (to be fixed by Stern). When the playfield is pushed back as far as it can go, the cabinet levelling can really affect how these hooks line up so check that first. You can loosen the hook screws and adjust slightly, or slightly enlarge the holes on the hooks so you can adjust more.

Rob

#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thank you,

I listen too! Hope to hear one on Met but it's got to be while your driving! Lol

#3167 4 years ago

Has anyone heard anything on the side rails from erik at Pin-Protection. Still haven't got a email reply back.

#3168 4 years ago

I've noticed that the hooks on my Pro don't fall right into place like previous Stern games I have owned. No biggie - just a slight bit of extra pressure to get it in. I do notice that it takes a bit more of a heave to lift up, though.

I decided to reposition the flasher by Sparky's head. I angled it more towards him so that it doesn't flash my face so hard during the start of Sparky Multiball. Makes it MUCH more bearable.

And I put another 10 games or so on mine last night...There are no words for my frustration when I can't hit the scoop to start CIU. It's maddening. And what's worse, if I miss the scoop and the ball hits the right sling, there's a strong chance it's going to ricochet into the left outlane. Many f-bombs are dropped in the evening hours at my home.

#3169 4 years ago

Oh yeah, those sparky flashers... I put flathead flex in there and angled away from my eyes. Ouch!

#3170 4 years ago

Yeah, I honestly worry that someone will bring their kids over and start having seizures. No joke. They're crazy. But the startup to that multiball is amazing - like, one of the best.

Oh, and I had this realization last night about the rules...Correct me if I'm wrong:

When you finish a lane's hurry-up and light all 3 shots, you can just bang that shot out over and over to make quick progress towards CIU, right? Also, if you complete all 5 hurry-ups, will any of those 5 shots will give progress towards CIU for the rest of the game or do the hurry-ups reset after you finish all 5?

#3171 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I've noticed that the hooks on my Pro don't fall right into place like previous Stern games I have owned. No biggie - just a slight bit of extra pressure to get it in. I do notice that it takes a bit more of a heave to lift up, though.

Lift the PF up, those two hinge/hooks. Loosen the screws and you can adjust them a little bit. Mine is "tight" but a hell of a lot better than the first time I tried to put it back in.

#3172 4 years ago

I just got the call, my Met is finally at the shipping terminal. I am picking it up after work today My kids have a track meet tonight and a soccer game Sat. morning so it will be Sat. evening before I will even get to unbox it. I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

#3173 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I just got the call, my Met is finally at the shipping terminal. I am picking it up after work today My kids have a track meet tonight and a soccer game Sat. morning so it will be Sat. evening before I will even get to unbox it. I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

WHAT?! Don't wait! pull an all nighter

#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Funny, I was just thinking about this the other day while listening to Taylor's One and Done. I've only done Skype once, with Charlie on the Spooky Pinball podcast, but he did the recording for both of us on his end. PM if you know how to make it happen

google chat (hang outs I think they call it now) is good for this group talking or skype

#3175 4 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Has anyone heard anything on the side rails from erik at Pin-Protection. Still haven't got a email reply back.

He stopped responding to me too. I took it that he ran out of stock

#3176 4 years ago

I decided to order mine today. Only problem. I have to wait until I come back from vacation to get it. Gonna be a long wait but time to get what I need. I already have the sparky protector. I need to order the cliffy for the mystery scoop. I was going to get leg protectors but was told the new Sterns don't need them, is that true? I need to get a magnet protector too, right? What else do I NEED to get before I push start? I have a list of WANT items, but I need to start with the protection items first. I appreciate your input.

#3177 4 years ago

First off, congrats!

I have felt leg protectors on mine because I had a set sitting around. Some love them, some hate them. They new cabinets DO have a small plastic bracket where the legs hit the decal, so they are probably not necessary. I just like the added bonus.

The only things I would say are really important:

Round magnet mylar
Ball drop mylar
Rickwh makes a Sparky protector that I snapped a pic of earlier (helps with airballs)
Cliffy for the Mystery Scoop
E: Buy better balls. I like my Pinball Life ones, but anything other than Stern balls are good (thanks dug)

That's all I can honestly think of that you should strongly consider. Maybe plastic protectors if you're into that.

#3178 4 years ago

Does anybody know if a 'mantis style' (inside the rim) protector for the mystery hole exists? I'd rather do that than the full collar cliffy style.

#3179 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Also, if you complete all 5 hurry-ups, will any of those 5 shots will give progress towards CIU for the rest of the game or do the hurry-ups reset after you finish all 5?

If you finish them all you start Seek and Destroy. Where you have to hit the lit lane (seek) and then the captive ball (destroy). Fun mode. But when it's over ... yeah, everything resets.

#3180 4 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

I decided to order mine today. Only problem. I have to wait until I come back from vacation to get it. Gonna be a long wait but time to get what I need. I already have the sparky protector. I need to order the cliffy for the mystery scoop. I was going to get leg protectors but was told the new Sterns don't need them, is that true? I need to get a magnet protector too, right? What else do I NEED to get before I push start? I have a list of WANT items, but I need to start with the protection items first. I appreciate your input.

The most important thing to do before pressing start is throw away the balls that Stern sends you and replace with quality ones!

#3181 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Does anybody know if a 'mantis style' (inside the rim) protector for the mystery hole exists? I'd rather do that than the full collar cliffy style.

Got my mystery protector from Trent last year when I bought the machine. It's the underneath mount that protects the rim. Don't know where he gets them, though.

both pin-protection.com and Marco sell them

#3182 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes there is, forgot who makes it. Read this thread a few pages back. Someone posted it...or it was in the metallica mod tribute thread.

#3183 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

The most important thing to do before pressing start is throw away the balls that Stern sends you and replace with quality ones!

YES! I ordered like 15 balls from PBL. Just LOOK at the stern balls when you get them. They aren't even high shiny nice looking...

#3184 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

http://www.pin-protection.com/index.php/products/product/show/5-metallica-mystery-hole-protector

#3185 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

He stopped responding to me too. I took it that he ran out of stock

I know last time I talked to him he was very busy with family lately. He also could be out of stock I know I bought the last set of silver ones and he had at the time two sets of black left in stock. I'm really surprised you guys haven't heard back from him he's usually very good with communication he may be checking into cost to have them done again and the timeframe it will take hopefully he can make more they look great. I stood back and looked at my Metallica last night with the rails and the color DMD and it is quite impressive to say the least.

image.jpg
#3186 4 years ago

Anyone have an extra Metallica keychain laying around? Want to sell or trade?
The new pro's didn't come with one.

#3187 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

First off, congrats!
I have felt leg protectors on mine because I had a set sitting around. Some love them, some hate them. They new cabinets DO have a small plastic bracket where the legs hit the decal, so they are probably not necessary. I just like the added bonus.
The only things I would say are really important:
Round magnet mylar
Ball drop mylar
Rickwh makes a Sparky protector that I snapped a pic of earlier (helps with airballs)
Cliffy for the Mystery Scoop
E: Buy better balls. I like my Pinball Life ones, but anything other than Stern balls are good (thanks dug)
That's all I can honestly think of that you should strongly consider. Maybe plastic protectors if you're into that.

Great info, where is the best place to get the ball drop mylar and magnet mylar?

#3190 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sweet. Thanks much for the link.

NP...it was really easy to install...compared to the jukebox/bell holes in AC/DC

#3191 4 years ago

Does anyone know what page or what number post has the list of call outs?

#3192 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sweet. Thanks much for the link.

This is different than the cliffy style, is it better?

#3193 4 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

This is different than the cliffy style, is it better?

It protects the inner rim of the opening, without wrapping up over the edge. So it doesn't leave with NO WEAR EVER OMG like a cliffy does, but I'm ok with that.

#3194 4 years ago

which balls you buy indication for metallica.

#3195 4 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I did reach out to him about 2 weeks ago-after someone on this thread posted a pic of them. He told me that if he got 15 people interested in them, he'd make another batch. Hopefully he gets enough responses to do another run.

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Does anyone know what page or what number post has the list of call outs?

I found them

#3197 4 years ago

Ah drop target mylar, nice. I have a large sheet, but .45 cents...ya well worth it.

#3198 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

WHAT?! Don't wait! pull an all nighter

Na, he is too old for that kind of thing

#3199 4 years ago

What color translucent drop targets should I put in the cemetery?

#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

What color translucent drop targets should I put in the cemetery?

I think purple could look good.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
There are 16892 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside