Topic Stats

• 16,974 posts
  • 953 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by jardine
  • Topic is favorited by 363 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,897 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191210_221341 (resized).jpg
20191210_221406 (resized).jpg
20191210_215854 (resized).jpg
B79AB09F-45D2-4E99-A0EE-A27A0139B943 (resized).jpeg
C6E859CB-68E8-45B0-9CF1-8E077B46D2D8 (resized).jpeg
72463592-DA55-4248-B3E2-4DE49A561B47 (resized).jpeg
ED8C25B9-270F-4103-9300-54B5BD3E20B2 (resized).jpeg
0F4786B6-5662-4609-8DE1-42934C8860A5 (resized).jpeg
D6016DC2-F081-4DAB-89EF-4E2EA627121B (resized).jpeg
4D4BCC10-A674-46F9-A4F5-C1C96862374F (resized).jpeg
0AF70FD9-9718-4A7B-9CA4-A221CE3FC8D7 (resized).jpeg
Capture.JPG
367860A4-9C68-4D81-BB79-1BC1FB21F38E (resized).jpeg
41F11C40-5421-4B13-A138-F7DCF0FAF3F8 (resized).jpeg
20190715_121505 (resized).jpg
20180305_174038_006 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16974 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 340.
#3101 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

<Off Topic = Metallica>
If you find a material that's translucent, but still able to take a pounding without snapping, it'd be awesome to get some CC targets done since they were supposed to be that way to begin with. They just had too much problem with them breaking.
</Off Topic>

They need to be stronger than the ones lit winkle drop made for WOZ as the first met drop takes more beating i think. My 'new design' one didn't last long and I fear it is the process unless the translucent materials are just weaker.

#3102 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

They need to be stronger than the ones lit winkle drop made for WOZ as the first met drop takes more beating i think. My 'new design' one didn't last long and I fear it is the process unless the translucent materials are just weaker.

Did you use ABS or PLA? I know that ABS is stronger and may be able to take the hits better.

Brian

#3103 4 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Did you use ABS or PLA? I know that ABS is stronger and may be able to take the hits better.
Brian

I'm not sure what Mezel uses.

#3104 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I ordered the pinbits plastic protectors (slings and Sparky) and the don't fit. Too deep, so I can't reattach the screws to posts. Has anyone else experienced this?

They should fit fine. Did you remove the metal washers? Those are not needed if you have plastic protectors as those where sterns version of protectors.

#3105 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I have a new design that is printed horizontal instead of vertical and they appear to be very good.

#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The CC design is slightly different due to being held up with only a patter pulse on the coil. Easy enough to alter the model though, I'm sure.

I have the CC target and it does have some different design features in it. We can incorporate those features into the target, but only if they really provide some functionality. Send me some pics to timmezel@gmail.com to help me understand why it is designed this way and I can send you some test targets.

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I have a new design that is printed horizontal instead of vertical and they appear to be very good.

Good - I bought a new design last fall but it may be redone since then.

#3108 4 years ago

What do the 3 lights in front of the piston target represent? I haven't figured out whey they light up yet.

#3109 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

What do the 3 lights in front of the piston target represent? I haven't figured out whey they light up yet.

Isn't that the 'blown pistons'? Each pop hit drives it's associated piston closer to 'blown' - when blown the light by the fuel lane goes on?

/I'm actually not sure.

#3110 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I was going to suggest printing them this way. I figured it would probably work out to be stronger that way. Cool stuff.

Brian

#3111 4 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

I was going to suggest printing them this way. I figured it would probably work out to be stronger that way. Cool stuff.
Brian

Gcode editing = secret sauce

#3112 4 years ago

Just got my sparky protector in today and it looks great. I also put the ride the lighting mod in. My machine is starting to shape up real nice.

#3113 4 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I also put the ride the lighting mod in. My machine is starting to shape up real nice.

Which one is that?

#3115 4 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Just got my sparky protector in today and it looks great. I also put the ride the lighting mod in. My machine is starting to shape up real nice.

Quoted from marksf123:

Which one is that?

Great mod for the game along with the Creeping Death blade art. Can't recommend it enough.

#3116 4 years ago

You make the mod real easy.

#3117 4 years ago

You know what's fun? When CIU is lit and you can't hit the scoop for 3 balls. FML

Anyone ever hit a drop square and not have it go down?

#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

You know what's fun? When CIU is lit and you can't hit the scoop for 3 balls. FML

JUST happened to me tonight :/ odd, hit it again and it dropped......

#3120 4 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

You forgot the "n" in Lighting. It's Lightning.

#3121 4 years ago

I got my sparky protector today from Rickwh and its awesome. Well worth it. Next is FF s upgraded speakers and a shaker motor

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You forgot the "n" in Lighting. It's Lightning.

sorry, I need to look at my phone auto fill in better.

Quoted from twista22:

I got my sparky protector today from Rickwh and its awesome. Well worth it. Next is FF s upgraded speakers and a shaker motor

I have the shaker in mine and its sweet.

#3124 4 years ago

About to leave my house to go pick mine up in Chicago!

#3125 4 years ago

Woke up this morning to hear the wonderful news that color DMD support for Metallica has been released I jumped out of bed downloaded it onto my USB drive and installed it.i got to play one game before I went to work. Man this is going to be one long day at work and it looks sweet !!!

image.jpg
#3126 4 years ago

More money falling out of my wallet!

#3128 4 years ago

woo-hop! (aka woo-hoo! with the fantastic smartphone txting auto-correct applied

#3129 4 years ago

Loaded and heading home.

image.jpg
#3130 4 years ago

I played last night...got 2nd highest score on defaults! Had new modes I found...@#$@#$ LOVE IT! Only hit like 38 million, but still working on it

Cannot wait for the sparky protector..you can see the divots :/ it gets wild in multi ball.

#3131 4 years ago

Minty fresh.

image.jpg
#3132 4 years ago

Just got a minty fresh Metallica Premium Pinball Refinery edition. I love to get those cross mods for the roll over lanes for my pin, but I can't find them anywhere! Anybody can help?

#3133 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Would you guys be interested in translucent orange, red or yellow drop targets for the cemetery. Not sure if I would put decals on them yet. There would not be any extra lighting, just illuminated by natural lighting. This has been a long time coming.

YES PLEASE!

#3134 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Just got a minty fresh Metallica Premium Pinball Refinery edition. I love to get those cross mods for the roll over lanes for my pin, but I can't find them anywhere! Anybody can help?

These?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3249

cm_01.jpg
#3135 4 years ago

Hopefully no more air balls!

Sparky In.jpg
#3136 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I would say major airballs drop by 95% after the install of that protector.

#3137 4 years ago

Metallica makes my CSI and Tron look like crap, light wise....sooo pretty

#3138 4 years ago

Just put in the pinbits dress slings and Sparky air ball protectors, as well as Laseriffic's fuel/fire flipper toppers last night. Looking good. Now I think I have to change the under apron lights from green to something else. Too much green at the flippers now in my opinion. Maybe ice blue or white?20150429_232303.jpg20150429_232339.jpg

#3139 4 years ago

Try purple LEDs in the trough and blue superbands looks sweet!

#3140 4 years ago

My playfield don't line up when lowering back into place. I literately have to slam it into place. Is that normal? I ask cuz its my first Stern so not sure. It sure is a "clunky" process with quite a few bumps before you can lower it. I really dred lifting the playfield, and I shouldn't feel that way. Any easy adjustments to line it up? The 2 hooks on the playfield when lowered gently, miss the slots on the cabinet by like 1/8-1/2 inch, I then lift it up abit and SLAM it down and it goes in, but only if I SLAM it. Its always been like this. I had asked someone about this, and they said normal, but I don't think so. I is a PITA. I dont lift the playfield up much, but like to get it right, but not sure how, or where to begin. Any help from fellow owners is needed and appreciated!

#3141 4 years ago

can we get some pics of the colordmd from different angles please

#3142 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

can we get some pics of the colordmd from different angles please

What is it you want to know? It's got good off-angle viewing, people can see it just fine from the side if that's what you're wondering.

#3143 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

My playfield don't line up when lowering back into place. I literately have to slam it into place. Is that normal? I ask cuz its my first Stern so not sure. It sure is a "clunky" process with quite a few bumps before you can lower it. I really dred lifting the playfield, and I shouldn't feel that way. Any easy adjustments to line it up? The 2 hooks on the playfield when lowered gently, miss the slots on the cabinet by like 1/8-1/2 inch, I then lift it up abit and SLAM it down and it goes in, but only if I SLAM it. Its always been like this. I had asked someone about this, and they said normal, but I don't think so. I is a PITA. I dont lift the playfield up much, but like to get it right, but not sure how, or where to begin. Any help from fellow owners is needed and appreciated!

Mine does the same thing, whereas it used to not. I'm mainly talking about the hooks nof lining up.

#3144 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

This happens when the ball hits the drops too fast. The target snaps forward faster than it drops down. It'll happen a lot more right after you wax.

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Mine did this. I lifted it. Loosened the bolts of those two metal hangers and pushed them in further, tightened them back up. Seems much better but is still a little tight.

#3146 4 years ago

Officially joining the Met club!!

Pickup likely in a week or so.

=)

#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What is it you want to know? It's got good off-angle viewing, people can see it just fine from the side if that's what you're wondering.

just how it looks in the pin. like walking up to it or a side view just please no up close pics. Thinking about adding one to help the bling on location.

#3148 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Sparky In.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I got mine and installed today too... Am I the only one that noticed an immediate score improvement? The Sparky shots are much more controlled with the wider protector. Less wild air balls and wacky bounces. I'm amazed that Rick makes and sells these for what he does, it installed perfectly in just a few minutes! Very nice mod.

#3149 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

This happens when the ball hits the drops too fast. The target snaps forward faster than it drops down. It'll happen a lot more right after you wax.

Thanks - this would explain my issues!

And yeah, that Sparky plastic is a crazy awesome deal! A must have "mod".

#3150 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Loaded and heading home.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

What no box? Oh man you got screwed. I hope they knocked off a couple hundred then. Enjoy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 16974 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 340.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside