Topic Stats

• 16,878 posts
  • 948 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Robertstone0407
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,855 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16878 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 338.
#3051 4 years ago

I finally got around to taking the glass off and installing the sparky plastic. Now that I have it opened up, I kinda want to get the snake dialed in. Can someone walk through the steps of adjusting it for me? I have seen things like putting velcro somewhere, but it looks like it is just out of adjustment. The snake mouth looks like it is to the right of center in the mounting hole, and I think the tongue is sitting a little high, making the ball roll a little weird on eject. I can't find my manual at the moment, so I am not sure where the adjustments are at.

#3052 4 years ago

can I be in the club?
IMG_0916.JPG

my first NIB arrived today

#3053 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

can I be in the club?
IMG_0916.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Welcome!!!!

#3055 4 years ago

That looks sick!!!! Did the sparky animations change much, cause I love how he gets electrocuted...

#3056 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That looks sick!!!! Did the sparky animations change much, cause I love how he gets electrocuted...

ColorDMD doesn't change any of the animations. It just adds color.

#3057 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

can I be in the club?
IMG_0916.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Nope.

It's not setup and being played yet .

Quoted from Roostking:

No animations get changed, but the level of detail is brought out to where new things get seen that you normally wouldn't have seen with a mono-color DMD.

#3058 4 years ago

The process has begun!

20150427_184729.jpg
#3059 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Did the sparky animations change much

If you watch closely, Sparky gets electrocuted quite a few different ways. He even bites his tongue off during one of them.

#3060 4 years ago

ColorDMD always lets me see things that I had missed. Got my dmd ready for code!

#3061 4 years ago

Joining the club! Have a Metallica Pro LED on order and a Coin Taker red tremor shaker on the way. Can't wait. Out of all Stern pro games I think MET pro offers the most for the money.

#3062 4 years ago

Where is everyone getting there Pro's? I want one...I want one.

#3063 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Joining the club! Have a Metallica Pro LED on order and a Coin Taker red tremor shaker on the way. Can't wait. Out of all Stern pro games I think MET pro offers the most for the money.

Congrats, that red tremor shaker rattles the crap out of the game. That was one of the main reasons I chose it as my first nib. The code, rules and modes made it a buy for me, Star Trek was close but I liked Met more

#3064 4 years ago

Quick question i just got the pinball refinery ride the lighting mod and it didn't come with instructions. Can someone let me know where i hook the led stip to.

#3065 4 years ago

Had a great time putting games on it thus far with my 2 friends! What an amazing game...Every shot just feels SO good.

20150427_200329.jpg
#3066 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Had a great time putting games on it thus far with my 2 friends! What an amazing game...Every shot just feels SO good.

Love the game - I give it a hug every night.

#3067 4 years ago

Shoot, if I could I'd give it a kick in the nuts every night if it had some. Mainly just because of that damn metal divider on the left outlane

Edit - next mod on the list I guess needs to be these....

#3068 4 years ago
Quoted from Menator:

Where do you purchase the custom apron cards?
I bought a MET LE yesterday, my first pinball machine ever, and it's awesome. I installed Aurich's hammer and ordered a bunch of mods off the web.

Hey another local with a Met. Welcome.

#3069 4 years ago

I'm trying to determine if I need to tweak my Mystery or Snake scoop. The Snake shot spits the just over halfway down the left flipper. The Mystery shot shoots about half an inch from the tip of the left flipper. I think I'd like them both to shoot more towards the middle/top half of the left flipper. How do you go about tweaking that?

#3070 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I just got my game and getting ready to move it next to AC/DC which means I need to find a new spot for TRON (although I am not selling TRON).
I really like MET and and glad I was able to pick one up on this last build. I wanted the premium but I couldn't justify the inflated prices as they say they are not rerunning them. I really like the pro so all is well.
I just finished adding my MODs that I bought which are the following:
Topper
Flipper Fidelity LED backboard
Snake Fangs & Tongue
Pinbits Protectors
Sparky Double EL electrocution wires
Cemetery Entrance
Speaker Flasher on Ramps
Metallica Belt buckle
On Order:
Cemetery Pinblade
Mystery Scoop protector
Shaker Motor
Custom Apron Cards
Still thinking about:
Color DMD
Lighting for Pinblades
Hoping:
Painted Sparky

P1010861.JPG
P1010875.JPG
P1010879.JPG
P1010878.JPG
P1010882.JPG
P1010876.JPG

Well done. Nice game.

#3071 4 years ago

Thanks Mustangpaul, been wanting a pinball machine for a long time and finally was able to pull the trigger. The MET LE is amazing! Colordmd arrived in the mail yesterday . Donny is in the process of painting a Sparky for me also. It's going to be awesome!

#3072 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm trying to determine if I need to tweak my Mystery or Snake scoop. The Snake shot spits the just over halfway down the left flipper. The Mystery shot shoots about half an inch from the tip of the left flipper. I think I'd like them both to shoot more towards the middle/top half of the left flipper. How do you go about tweaking that?

FYI Both kickouts sound about right. You can adjust the coil power for both kickouts (I think) in the options somewhere to try and alter it, but it doesn't sound like your scoops play much different from the two Metallica machines I play regularly - especially the snake; yours sounds bang on. The mystery kickout might be a bit low but even on mine it is a very difficult drop catch due to how low on the flipper it kicks out and the speed the ball is moving.

#3073 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

FYI Both kickouts sound about right. You can adjust the coil power for both kickouts (I think) in the options somewhere to try and alter it, but it doesn't sound like your scoops play much different from the two Metallica machines I play regularly - especially the snake; yours sounds bang on. The mystery kickout might be a bit low but even on mine it is a very difficult drop catch due to how low on the flipper it kicks out and the speed the ball is moving.

Snake may be good, but the Mystery does feel a bit low. Watching the rules video that Bowen did at this spot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=npKSo6Y-D_A#t=489

You can see that his scoop is coming about perpendicular to the left most pick insert on the flipper. Mine is noticeably lower.

Having said that, I'm glad it's not just me noticing how tough of a catch that is! I MAY try and tweak it a hair when I install my Cliffy (once it arrives). Thanks!

Here's a dumb question - mylar at the ball drops. Anyone able to snap a pic of where you installed yours (if you did)?

#3074 4 years ago

Met Pro colour GI is coming. Coding started today.

#3075 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Met Pro colour GI is coming. Coding stared today.
» YouTube video

Damn right!

#3076 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Met Pro colour GI is coming. Coding stared today.
» YouTube video

Very cool! Is something you will make available?

#3077 4 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Very cool! Is something you will make available?

Yep. Parts are arriving all the time. I am going to do a run if there is enough interest. Pricing still not locked down but I am making sure it will be good value. Way cheaper than a Tron kit. There is more info here..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo

#3078 4 years ago

So was just on colordmd's website, and apparently there is only a pre oreder and the ROM isn't even in the "support" area where other game ROM's are.

#3079 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

So was just on colordmd's website, and apparently there is only a pre oreder and the ROM isn't even in the "support" area where other game ROM's are.

The rom is going to be released on May 1st.

On a side note, I tried changing the date on my computer to May 1st, but the rom was still unavailable.

#3081 4 years ago

So I had this happen during a ridiculously good game on my first ball during CIU. Is there anything I can do to NOT have the game have me end my ball at this point?

ball stuck.jpg
#3082 4 years ago

Coin door ballsave. But only for future games. This one is a goner I'm afraid.

#3083 4 years ago

Open coin door, take glass off, put ball in shooter lane. If you do this prior to 4 ball searches completed you should be OK. Also, there is a setting for "coin door ball saver" you can set to "yes", and another to disable the tilt mech while the coin door is open.

#3084 4 years ago

Thanks guys. I'll search for and turn that on. Once I get my Sparky protector, it should prevent that from happening again. It was a bummer because I had a 67m Electric Chair multiball thanks to 4x scoring. But I'll make it happen again I'm sure, haha.

#3085 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Met Pro colour GI is coming. Coding started today.
» YouTube video

This looks awesome! Looks like purple for the justice ramp mode. Does it do different colors for other modes green for snake, blue/white for sparky etc. how does it hook into game?

im gonna go read that other thread. Thanks for this! Looks awesome so far!

#3086 4 years ago

Just scored 447M on my METLE two nights ago so I think it's time to let her go. I'm going to offer it up locally first. LOVE the game but my room is small and I have AMH and MMR already on the way. I've got only room for 3 machines so want to see what else is out there.

#3087 4 years ago

I ordered the pinbits plastic protectors (slings and Sparky) and the don't fit. Too deep, so I can't reattach the screws to posts. Has anyone else experienced this?

#3088 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

This looks awesome! Looks like purple for the justice ramp mode. Does it do different colors for other modes green for snake, blue/white for sparky etc. how does it hook into game?

In this particular instance I install the same colour GI lamps that are in the premium. So you put in three strings of eight sockets, one blue, one red, one white. I then control them to mimic how those three coloured strings are driven in the premium. So for now the colouring will be the same as the premium. The justice ramp flash rate doesn't show at all on camera, and the colour balance is always difficult filming LEDs in a dark room. The justice ramp effect in reality is a very fast flash of everything. The factory GI is also controlled by my board. I will put some more details of how it works on its main thread.

#3089 4 years ago

Looks really nice! I read up on the other thread.

So met is socketed whereas tron and other games had led strips? And the sockets are going in the playfield holes that the premium/le already uses?

Forgive me as ive never played a premium/le so i guess i dont know what im missing. But I like how you are comparing first hand to a premium and duplicating the function.

Great work!

#3090 4 years ago

Broke 100m after a TERRIBLE ball 1 (like 900k).

I'm having trouble hitting the grave markers. They're SO dangerous, even from the left flipper.

Questions!

The snake is a bit confusing to me. How do I start Snake Multiball? And when it comes to progress towards CIU, is it only hitting the snake scoop that counts, or can I hit any lane that has been lit for snakes?

Speaking of lit lanes, how does that work for grave markers? If the left loop is hit, when I hit a grave marker, does it light the grave marker for the left loop but then make the grave shot my active shot?

Oh and on the subject of active shots, what happens if I hit the active shot twice in a row? Does it just count towards combos?

#3091 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

If the left loop is hit, when I hit a grave marker, does it light the grave marker for the left loop but then make the grave shot my active shot?

That's why I like to lock in the grave shots early, once they're completed it won't move the active shot to the grave when you hit it.

#3092 4 years ago

Would you guys be interested in translucent orange, red or yellow drop targets for the cemetery. Not sure if I would put decals on them yet. There would not be any extra lighting, just illuminated by natural lighting. This has been a long time coming.

#3093 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Would you guys be interested in translucent orange, red or yellow drop targets for the cemetery. Not sure if I would put decals on them yet. There would not be any extra lighting, just illuminated by natural lighting. This has been a long time coming.

Yes. I will then light them from underneath. I have been looking at your translucent drops and thinking about getting an RGB strip under there, and getting the drop to work a bit like a light pipe. The drops could then be individually colour changing. We should talk.

#3094 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

<Off Topic = Metallica>
If you find a material that's translucent, but still able to take a pounding without snapping, it'd be awesome to get some CC targets done since they were supposed to be that way to begin with. They just had too much problem with them breaking.
</Off Topic>

#3095 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

<Off Topic = Metallica>
If you find a material that's translucent, but still able to take a pounding without snapping, it'd be awesome to get some CC targets done since they were supposed to be that way to begin with. They just had too much problem with them breaking.
</Off Topic>

I am working on them for Keith Elwin so it's just a matter of time!

#3096 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Broke 100m after a TERRIBLE ball 1 (like 900k).
I'm having trouble hitting the grave markers. They're SO dangerous, even from the left flipper.
Questions!
The snake is a bit confusing to me. How do I start Snake Multiball? And when it comes to progress towards CIU, is it only hitting the snake scoop that counts, or can I hit any lane that has been lit for snakes?
Speaking of lit lanes, how does that work for grave markers? If the left loop is hit, when I hit a grave marker, does it light the grave marker for the left loop but then make the grave shot my active shot?
Oh and on the subject of active shots, what happens if I hit the active shot twice in a row? Does it just count towards combos?

On the premium/LE, starting snake mb is simply making it in the mouth x amont of times, depending on your settings. I would think it's the same for the pro. You don't have to hit the snake to advance toward ciu. Any lit snake insert works. Same for the electric switch and cross. The coffin is the only toy you have to hit every time to advance toward ciu. If you hit an active shot twice in a row, it just keeps it active.

#3097 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I am working on them for Keith Elwin so it's just a matter of time!

Here is the yellow translucent one for CC.

image.jpg

#3098 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Here is the yellow translucent one for CC.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

The CC design is slightly different due to being held up with only a patter pulse on the coil. Easy enough to alter the model though, I'm sure.

#3099 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

On the premium/LE, starting snake mb is simply making it in the mouth x amont of times, depending on your settings. I would think it's the same for the pro. You don't have to hit the snake to advance toward ciu. Any lit snake insert works. Same for the electric switch and cross. The coffin is the only toy you have to hit every time to advance toward ciu. If you hit an active shot twice in a row, it just keeps it active.

I think you are spot on. basically snake mb will start after earning the letters to spell S N A K E. I t sounds like the biggest diff between prem/le and pro would be in hits when the snake isnt lit.

On the pro you only get a snake letter when you get the ball in the snake scoop when it is lit (green led on his head). Hits to snake when it isnt lit just kick back out t you with no snake letter.

Sounds like on the Prem/le the snakes jaw would close and keep you from getting the ball in there at all when the snake shot isnt lit. So unlit shots just bounce off the snakes bottom lip.

#3100 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I think you are spot on. basically snake mb will start after earning the letters to spell S N A K E. I t sounds like the biggest diff between prem/le and pro would be in hits when the snake isnt lit.
On the pro you only get a snake letter when you get the ball in the snake scoop when it is lit (green led on his head). Hits to snake when it isnt lit just kick back out t you with no snake letter.
Sounds like on the Prem/le the snakes jaw would close and keep you from getting the ball in there at all when the snake shot isnt lit. So unlit shots just bounce off the snakes bottom lip.

You have to light the snake by making a snake insert shot. This shot which in turn will light the green light on the snake. Make the snake mouth shot gives you a letter. Then repeat till you collect all 5 letters then last shot to snake to start snake multiball- on pro model

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
There are 16878 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside