Topic Stats

• 16,979 posts
  • 953 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 minutes ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 363 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,899 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

21605951-FC6C-4B9B-9720-ED1460A48346 (resized).jpeg
D9D40E77-D278-4838-8FF8-AB5B3F07BE52 (resized).jpeg
20191210_221341 (resized).jpg
20191210_221406 (resized).jpg
20191210_215854 (resized).jpg
B79AB09F-45D2-4E99-A0EE-A27A0139B943 (resized).jpeg
C6E859CB-68E8-45B0-9CF1-8E077B46D2D8 (resized).jpeg
72463592-DA55-4248-B3E2-4DE49A561B47 (resized).jpeg
ED8C25B9-270F-4103-9300-54B5BD3E20B2 (resized).jpeg
0F4786B6-5662-4609-8DE1-42934C8860A5 (resized).jpeg
D6016DC2-F081-4DAB-89EF-4E2EA627121B (resized).jpeg
4D4BCC10-A674-46F9-A4F5-C1C96862374F (resized).jpeg
0AF70FD9-9718-4A7B-9CA4-A221CE3FC8D7 (resized).jpeg
Capture.JPG
367860A4-9C68-4D81-BB79-1BC1FB21F38E (resized).jpeg
41F11C40-5421-4B13-A138-F7DCF0FAF3F8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16979 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 340.
#3001 4 years ago
Quoted from msarac:

Hit each shot to un-light that insert, and once all 6 are out the CIU will relight. Hit the Mystery scoop to be awarded ~25% of your CIU jackpot value. i.e. 40mil CIU jackpot = 10mil collect. Rinse and repeat until you lose that ball. Not sure if there is a limit on how many times you can collect.

Does that ~25% count toward the mode total when entering your initials? When I finished FWTBT, I could have sworn it said my total was 160mil, but at the end of the game I put my initials in for FWTBT champ at 200mil.

#3002 4 years ago

#3000 - sorry, I just had to be "that guy"

#3003 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

#3000 - sorry, I just had to be "that guy"

Hey man, we got 3000 +1 posts of nothing but love for Metallica, the baddest ass pin in my Noob experience! Onward to 6000!!

On a side not, I cant wait to get back to the states and play!! I have some different ideas on painting/powdercoating/hydrodipping the legs and side rails.. Yea, its going to be sweet!!!

#3004 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

On a side not, I cant wait to get back to the states and play!!

Got a box just sitting here waiting to be mailed, give me the word.

#3005 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Soon, In fact when I get back to Bahrain, Ill send ya the address again. The weather should be clear by now lol. Cant wait to see that Hammer giving Metallica some Justice!

#3006 4 years ago

Happy3000 guys !

3000 post and MetallicA is still my number1 game is Freakin awesome,my friends also
feels it's one of the best game ever,TallicAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

#3007 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Does the kit block the playfield. I have the decals on order but was on the fence about the lighting due to the fact that it runs down the playfield.

No it doesn't block anything. I thought about leaving the top of the lightning kit without the sticker but Im glad I got the top sticker because it look awesome. You wont regret it

#3008 4 years ago

Metallica has had one of the most positive initial receptions of any Stern game (largely due to the custom artwork), followed up with one of the best rulesets in pinball. Based on momentum on this thread and the fact that I'm still finding new rules to exploit (thanks to this thread) it has impressive momentum for a game going on 2 years old.

#3009 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Soon, In fact when I get back to Bahrain, Ill send ya the address again. The weather should be clear by now lol. Cant wait to see that Hammer giving Metallica some Justice!

Already have the postage on the box, it's ready to go!

#3010 4 years ago

Its really cool to see all these new owners excited about there new pin, every time I turn mine on I feel the same way. My buddies thought I was crazy for selling out my pimped tron to fund my refinery edition met but i have zero regrets its the best looking and playing pin out there.

#3011 4 years ago

My buddy came over and played mine last night for the first time. He only stayed about and hour but he really liked it. Like me, he has always been a Metallica fan. About an hour after he left I got a sarcastic voice mail from his wife thanking me because he won't shut up about it and is planning to sell his "players" TZ to buy one and said he is raiding her "kitchen remodel" fund if he needs to cover the difference.

It really is a great game.

#3012 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Its really cool to see all these new owners excited about there new pin, every time I turn mine on I feel the same way. My buddies thought I was crazy for selling out my pimped tron to fund my refinery edition met but i have zero regrets its the best looking and playing pin out there.

I just got my game and getting ready to move it next to AC/DC which means I need to find a new spot for TRON (although I am not selling TRON).

I really like MET and and glad I was able to pick one up on this last build. I wanted the premium but I couldn't justify the inflated prices as they say they are not rerunning them. I really like the pro so all is well.

I just finished adding my MODs that I bought which are the following:
Topper
Flipper Fidelity LED backboard
Snake Fangs & Tongue
Pinbits Protectors
Sparky Double EL electrocution wires
Cemetery Entrance
Speaker Flasher on Ramps
Metallica Belt buckle
On Order:
Cemetery Pinblade
Mystery Scoop protector
Shaker Motor
Custom Apron Cards

Still thinking about:
Color DMD
Lighting for Pinblades

Hoping:
Painted Sparky

P1010861.JPG P1010875.JPG P1010879.JPG P1010878.JPG P1010882.JPG P1010876.JPG
#3013 4 years ago

Where did you get the topper from?

#3014 4 years ago

That cemetery entrance mod is pretty rad.

#3015 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Where did you get the topper from?

Laseriffic

#3016 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

That cemetery entrance mod is pretty rad.

Yea - It seems like it just belongs on the game. It is painted perfectly to match the cross. It has a red led in the back that lights up the words Cemetery when the cross is flashing.

#3017 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Still thinking about:
Color DMD

When you see it you'll move it from thinking about to must buy!

I too love the positive energy in this thread. This is my favorite Stern, I still play it nearly every night.

#3018 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Yea - It seems like it just belongs on the game. It is painted perfectly to match the cross. It has a red led in the back that lights up the words Cemetery when the cross is flashing.

Where did you get it?

#3020 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Still thinking about:
Color DMD

No no no....this needs to go under "Absolutely going to happen" You'll have ACDC decked out with a ColorDMD and Metallica will look so "bland" ...trust me...I know ): ....

#3021 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

No no no....this needs to go under "Absolutely going to happen" You'll have ACDC decked out with a ColorDMD and Metallica will look so "bland" ...trust me...I know ): ....

That is the one Mod that I don't have it on my AC/DC either. I bought the 1st ever color DMD for my AFM when they 1st came out and I thought it was cool but I still am not sure......

#3022 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When you see it you'll move it from thinking about to must buy!

ok - I am hoping it is great!

#3023 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

That is the one Mod that I don't have it on my AC/DC either. I bought the 1st ever color DMD for my AFM when they 1st came out and I thought it was cool but I still am not sure......

AFM is cool. Metallica colors are going to be a couple levels above it though. Experience with coloring and engineering combined with frankly better dots with more shades.

#3024 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Someone wanted under pf pics of a pro led

That was me. Thanks for the great pics!

#3025 4 years ago

For some reason my Metallica LE coffin magnet sensor triggers the snake jaw to drop when it should grab the ball. I have ruled out the magnet board by plugging my old magnet board in and it did the same thing. So basically instead of the magnet grabbing the ball and putting it into the coffin it just rolls over the magnet and makes the snake Jaw drop. Has anyone else had this issue? im stumped and it's driving me crazy lol

Here's a link to my other thread for tech help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-coffin-magnet-triggers-snake-jaw

And here is the video of the issue:

#3026 4 years ago

I got to play two Met pros for the first time at the PATZ show and I really liked them both. One was in the tournament and played ok, but you couldnt hear the music at all . Then there was one that was brought for freeplay that I could hear played way smoother and looked cooler than the tournament game. It had a small metal Pinball Refinery plate number on it. The owner said he had tweaked it here and there to get it that way. Thats the only game I wanted to play at the show! This might just very well be the first MIB game I buy. Oh, I cant remember the owners name but Thank You sir!

#3027 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Metallica has had one of the most positive initial receptions of any Stern game (largely due to the custom artwork), followed up with one of the best rulesets in pinball. Based on momentum on this thread and the fact that I'm still finding new rules to exploit (thanks to this thread) it has impressive momentum for a game going on 2 years old.

kinda. Many people flipped crap that the code sucked initially

#3028 4 years ago

Does anyone have a quick list of songs that are not tied to modes? What are the safe songs to swap?

#3029 4 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Does anyone have a quick list of songs that are not tied to modes? What are the safe songs to swap?

Pretty much Unforgiven is the really safe one to change out as it is the song that leads you into "attract mode".

#3030 4 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

You can swap out the songs attached to the multiballs, too. I swapped out the following on my current code:

One>...And Justice for All (plays during Coffin MB and Lady Justice)
SBT>Am I Evil? (plays during Snake MB)
CD>RTL and RTL>Four Horseman (I choose to play only RTL during Sparky mb, but because it's in the CD spot, it plays from the beginning; for some reason the RTL request for sparky mb has the song starting during a guitar sol, and I didn't like that; now RTL plays from the beginning of Sparky mb, and it sounds great!).
Unforgiven>Shortest Straw (also plays short riff after match)

#3031 4 years ago

I was thinking it might be fun if a person was allowed to change the song after each CIU mode.

Rob

#3032 4 years ago

Anyone know where to find the "mantis" style mystery hole protector?

#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Email him. I did and he said he was working on one - I really want one sooner than later so you emailing might encourage him that there is a market. Mine is showing a tiny tiny bit of wear so I'm getting concerned.

http://www.mantisamusements.com/

#3034 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Email him. I did and he said he was working on one - I really want one sooner than later so you emailing might encourage him that there is a market. Mine is showing a tiny tiny bit of wear so I'm getting concerned.
http://www.mantisamusements.com/

Will do
Thanks

#3035 4 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

I think these look fantastic, so I emailed Eric at http://www.pin-protection.com, and he said that if he can sell 10 of these, he'd make another round. I missed the boat the first time, so hopefully 9 other people are interested in getting them...
389309-i.jpg

Is the silver a match to the lockdown bar? Can he make it say Master of Puppets instead for LE owners? Seems like it would make more sense on the LE.

#3036 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I installed this one. Not Mantis, but similar in design. I had one on my Star Trek Pro and it did well on route. Also installed it on my AC/DC Prem.

ebay.com link » Stern Metallica Pinball Mystery Hole Protector By Pin Protection Com

#3037 4 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

I installed this one. Not Mantis, but similar in design. I had one on my Star Trek Pro and it did well on route. Also installed it on my AC/DC Prem.
ebay.com link » Stern Metallica Pinball Mystery Hole Protector By Pin Protection Com

I have this one as well, no complaints. It re-enforces from inside, but curious if game will still wear at entrance to the scoop.

#3038 4 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

That's the one I have used for two years. No sign of wear.

#3039 4 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

Thanks, that's what I was looking for

#3040 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I have this one as well, no complaints. It re-enforces from inside, but curious if game will still wear at entrance to the scoop.

That's the only protector on my game. PR (Gio) added a little more clear around the edges of the scoop. Almost a year of owning, and no wear at all. Some go overkill with protectors on new games, but its there games.

Quoted from Aurich:

Are you selling those hammers, just curious, maybe interested in one in the future. You have some talent their Aurich glad theres people like yourself out there making things to personalize our games. Your translites are top notch that you did for ST.

#3041 4 years ago

So, I'm starting to consider doing something stupid with my METLE. I recently got a TFLE PF that was cleared by HSA and it's amazing. I'm thinking about ripping my game apart and sending the PF off to HSA to be done. Have I just lost my freaking mind? I'd really like to do this for both MET and my AC/DC Prem.

#3042 4 years ago

Those who have had the machine for a year now or more, have you had to do a flipper rebuild yet? If so, whats the link to get a kit? My flippers work great, I just like having parts readily available when needed. The price for this kit is ridiculous for a rebuild......ebay.com link » 2012 Stern Metallica Flipper Assembly Rebuild Kit For 2 Flipper Assemblies

#3043 4 years ago

Pinball life doesn't seem to have a 'ready made' rebuild kit for modern Sterns but Marco Spec does:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SFLKIT

#3044 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Are you selling those hammers, just curious, maybe interested in one in the future. You have some talent their Aurich glad theres people like yourself out there making things to personalize our games. Your translites are top notch that you did for ST.

I made a master one for someone to cast, but he's been so busy he hasn't looked at it yet, and I've been so busy I haven't been harassing him. Still possible a 'mass market' version could happen.

But the box I'm referring to is the last of the limited edition ones. He paid for it when they were done, but since he's overseas right now I've held onto it for him until he's back.

I do have another Metallica project too, it's just been put on hold for the moment while I try and get a handle on Alien.

#3045 4 years ago

45 minutes of work left.

11169020_10206633200817172_544383404_n.jpg
#3046 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

45 minutes of work left.

11169020_10206633200817172_544383404_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

congrats to you man!

#3047 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

So, I'm starting to consider doing something stupid with my METLE. I recently got a TFLE PF that was cleared by HSA and it's amazing. I'm thinking about ripping my game apart and sending the PF off to HSA to be done. Have I just lost my freaking mind? I'd really like to do this for both MET and my AC/DC Prem.

I've thought about it as well. maybe a little crazy.

#3048 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Pinball life doesn't seem to have a 'ready made' rebuild kit for modern Sterns but Marco Spec does:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SFLKIT

thanks, much appreciated.

#3049 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I just got my game and getting ready to move it next to AC/DC which means I need to find a new spot for TRON (although I am not selling TRON).
I really like MET and and glad I was able to pick one up on this last build. I wanted the premium but I couldn't justify the inflated prices as they say they are not rerunning them. I really like the pro so all is well.
I just finished adding my MODs that I bought which are the following:
Topper
Flipper Fidelity LED backboard
Snake Fangs & Tongue
Pinbits Protectors
Sparky Double EL electrocution wires
Cemetery Entrance
Speaker Flasher on Ramps
Metallica Belt buckle
On Order:
Cemetery Pinblade
Mystery Scoop protector
Shaker Motor
Custom Apron Cards
Still thinking about:
Color DMD
Lighting for Pinblades
Hoping:
Painted Sparky

P1010861.JPG
P1010875.JPG
P1010879.JPG
P1010878.JPG
P1010882.JPG
P1010876.JPG

That's badass! Where you getting them custom apron cards?

#3050 4 years ago

Where do you purchase the custom apron cards?

I bought a MET LE yesterday, my first pinball machine ever, and it's awesome. I installed Aurich's hammer and ordered a bunch of mods off the web.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
There are 16979 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 340.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside