IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 433.
#2951 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You can buy mylar at Office Max and places like that too.

I hope it works out and they give you a little discount. No more shipping parts for the locals is always a plus too.

Thanks for the tip - I already had an order in for new balls, flipper rubbers, and a bunch of other stuff. Cost me a very small amount to add it in.

That said, I'll make sure to hit up Office Max when I need emergency mylar.

#2952 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Some progress on the next batch. Got my envelopes from staples and my stamps and a couple sheets of plastic from lowes.
20150423_184229.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

How do you cut them out? By hand or do you have a cnc router, or something?

#2953 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

How do you cut them out? By hand or do you have a cnc router, or something?

I use a scroll saw with a fine blade. Its old school i know.

#2954 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They look great especially with no screw holes. That's purple looks blue as blue can be to me.

Yeah the no screw holes look good, don't like the screw holes on my twdle. It's a very sweet looking purple. The lighting in my basement isn't the best for pics.

#2955 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ah old school! Time consuming but takes talent

#2956 8 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Whew this thread has picked up some speed and it's positive
Anyways, just got my pbr purple armor man it looks sweet! Pic doesn't show it well but pbr's site does. I still have to get the legs on.

20150423_171841.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks beautiful T. They look blue in that pic. Take a couple more shots after you get the legs on. We want to see that beautiful purple color! The Purple is definitely the way to go on Metalica. You should get your habitrails done. KILLER!

#2957 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

They come out top notch. I am very impressed you are doing these by hand!

#2958 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope it works out and they give you a little discount. No more shipping parts for the locals is always a plus too.

Yes, no shipping saves a lot of money right there.

Gabe and I both have games we want powdered out. Gabe wants to do his Metalica and I my wife's Wheel of Fortune. We told him to give us a great price on it and we'll take our games, put them in his booth for everyone to see the quality of their work and play the machines and you'll get some orders for sure.

They're very intrigued by that because that's us REALLY trying to help them out. We WANT a local powder coater!

#2959 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Looks beautiful T. They look blue in that pic. Take a couple more shots after you get the legs on. The Purple is definitely the way to go on Metalica. You should get your habitrails done. KILLER!

Who does the habit rails? I know I saw pics of some awhile back but couldn't find them when I went looking. I will take better pics when I get legs on. I'm really happy I pulled the trigger to get the armor as it looks like a different, much better pin now

#2960 8 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

I'm really happy I pulled the trigger to get the armor as it looks like a different, much better pin now

Yes, Metalica in the purple looks amazing! No doubt about it.

Quoted from tadowhere:

Who does the habit rails?

There's a some guys on Pinside that do them. The refinery included. Shoot them an e-mail and ask them for a price. GL.

#2961 8 years ago

For peeps that have the purple armor, how resistant to scratches is it? My TFLE has red/purple powder coat and there is a blemish on the lockdown bar that ive not found a way to polish away...

#2962 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

For peeps that have the purple armor, how resistant to scratches is it? My TFLE has red/purple powder coat and there is a blemish on the lockdown bar that ive not found a way to polish away...

Powder is just melted plastic and all surface shine, it will scratch and there's really nothing you can do save for having it repowdered.

#2963 8 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Who does the habit rails?

Pinsider Pinchroma I believe.

#2964 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

My purple has a couple small blemishes from being played for two solid days at the Michigan Expo. Nothing major though. My plastic arrived today. Thanks again!

#2965 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Alex does do it and he's a great powder coater. Does great work. but I think he's swamped with JJP work. Try reaching out to him with a PM. Doesn't hurt to ask.

#2966 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Pinchroma is the best hands down. PM him he can send you pics of his work.

#2967 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

You don't need pics of Alex's work. Just look at the powder coat on a WOZ.

#2968 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

You can also look at his fb page espo's powder coating.

#2969 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Some progress on the next batch. Got my envelopes from staples and my stamps and a couple sheets of plastic from lowes.
20150423_184229.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Hey Rick, can you do different colors? I like your clear, but can see blue would look good up there in that area.

#2970 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

eh, my niece had a bunch of bracelets on while playing and she kinda put some surface scrathes on around the flipper area. Most part it buffed out, I used Carnauba wax on the powder coat, not sure what others use on there powder to shine it up and remove scratches, would like to know?
Sucks I have to make sure NEXT time take off those 30 bracelets if you wanna play my machine. Its all powdered candy purple and looks real nice. The creeping death speaker panel and side panels look great and blend well with purple armor.

#2971 8 years ago

Here is a picture taken at Gio's place (Pinball Refinery) before he shipped my machine to me. Apron and wireform ramps all candy purple powder coated, side rails, legs and hinges. I'am not sure who he used to powder but looks real good. Only issue is on the lock down bar has 2 divots on each side, kinda wished they filled those in before the powder, but you really cant see it unless you look for it. Looks amazing in person. Glad I had the coin at the time to go all out, cuz Metallica premium is deserving for this.

untitled4 (2).pnguntitled4 (2).png

#2972 8 years ago

Can't wait! I'm gonna throw the shaker in tonight/this weekend.

Anyone add the tournament button? I always found it kinda fun trying to get the biggest score with one ball. Be good for my monthly pin party as well.

#2973 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone add the tournament button? I always found it kinda fun trying to get the biggest score with one ball. Be good for my monthly pin party as well.

Don't waste that spot with a tourney button. Install a Pin-Vol. One of my favorite mods. All my games get one. I love to be able to adjust volume on the fly. Another cool thing it will do is abort an animation. So if you don't want to sit and watch sparky fry, just hit either up or down on the Pin-Vol and the game moves on. Kinda neat.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2894

#2974 8 years ago

Love the pin vol, comes in very handy!

#2975 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Don't waste that spot with a tourney button. Install a Pin-Vol. One of my favorite mods. All my games get one. I love to be able to adjust volume on the fly. Another cool thing it will do is abort an animation. So if you don't want to sit and watch sparky fry, just hit either up or down on the Pin-Vol and the game moves on. Kinda neat.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2894

whoa didn't even know about it. Thanks!

#2976 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Hey Rick, can you do different colors? I like your clear, but can see blue would look good up there in that area.

I dunno where to get the colored plastic. And keeping track of what color peeps want sounds like work.

rick

#2977 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My gf loves Met and hates Tron. Now my wife, loves Tron but hates Met. Tron and Met are set up in different rooms, so far everything has worked out well.

Yea, it's probably best to keep them in separate rooms.

#2978 8 years ago

My Metallica is sitting right next to my Tron, so they can share a subwoofer.

#2979 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My Metallica is sitting right next to my Tron, so they can share a subwoofer.

Well ya know you can add more wire if ya want to put them farther apart.

#2980 8 years ago

I really wonder how pinblades done with matching dirty Donnie art would look.

#2981 8 years ago

Howdy fellas,

So, I have incorporated pre-amplified Boss equalizers into both my ACDC and Metallica pins per help from fellow pinsider, metallik. I finally got around to creating a thread on how to do it with videos showing how to hook things up step by step. The videos show it done ON ACDC, but it is absolutely identical on Metallica.

Thread is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addition-of-boss-amplifiers-to-stern-machines

I did this to Metallica, and it is awesome! Figured I'd post here. If you have any questions on replicating this setup, let me know!

#2982 8 years ago

I installed the creeping death lightning kit along with the pinblades from Pinball Refinery and they are an awesome addition to the pin. I recommend them to anybody wanting that extra effect.

#2983 8 years ago

First of all, thank you to all that have posted on this thread. It has been really helpful and informative.

Secondly, I should have listened to the poster several pages back who advised installing a Sparky Protector before even playing one game. I had to keep the game in the box the last few weeks due to a move, but was finally able to get it assembled last night. After only 12 plays, I noticed no fewer than ten permanent dimple marks surrounding the magnet by Sparky's feet.

I have ordered a protector from Rickwh and cannot wait for it to arrive so I can start playing the pin again. But I am a little surprised that Stern would not have done something to prevent this problem on their own.

And one final thought. The shaker motor is definitely worth having in this pin.

#2984 8 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

First of all, thank you to all that have posted on this thread. It has been really helpful and informative.
Secondly, I should have listened to the poster several pages back who advised installing a Sparky Protector before even playing one game. I had to keep the game in the box the last few weeks due to a move, but was finally able to get it assembled last night. After only 12 plays, I noticed no fewer than ten permanent dimple marks surrounding the magnet by Sparky's feet.
I have ordered a protector from Rickwh and cannot wait for it to arrive so I can start playing the pin again. But I am a little surprised that Stern would not have done something to prevent this problem on their own.

Just play the game and enjoy it! If you sweat it staying cosmetically perfect forever, you'll never be able to enjoy it.

#2985 8 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Glad you got your game but remember it's a steel ball on a wood playfield, your going get thousands upon thousands of dimples as the game ages. Don't sweat it just play it.

#2986 8 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

That magnet just has its way with the ball, even though I put a protector it still has thrown the ball over the snake, launched the ball with so much force that it's hopped over the flippers, bounce off of the flippers and hit the playfield glass. Plus the countless times it just straight drained the ball with no time to react. Have fun! play the game, the protecter just really helps stop air balls off of sparky's feet

#2987 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

That magnet just has its way with the ball, even though I put a protector it still has thrown the ball over the snake, launched the ball with so much force that it's hopped over the flippers, bounce off of the flippers and hit the playfield glass. Plus the countless times it just straight drained the ball with no time to react. Have fun! play the game, the protecter just really helps stop air balls off of sparky's feet

Yeah that magnet is crazy wicked, my Avatar LE magnet is the same.

#2988 8 years ago

My game should be here Monday...This is already feeling like the longest weekend in history.

#2989 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

.This is already feeling like the longest weekend in history.

#2990 8 years ago

What does it say after you finish a crank it up? I never catch it and it seems like it's telling me a faster way to relight crank it up?

#2991 8 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

His protector is awesome! Congrats on the game it is one of the best IMO. Shaker motor is a must have, and works well in this game. Play and enjoy it. I have dimples, we all have dimples, will admit, after adding Rick's protector the dimples have stopped some.

#2992 8 years ago

One thing that pisses me off, is when people play your game, and your trying to tell them what to shoot for and objectives and they don't care just want to bang the ball around aimlessly. Ya, that's my wife last night and gets Grand Champion score. She is one of those players that just keep the ball alive and don't shoot at targets purposely. She got 2 CIU's last night, and she had no idea how she did it. Its the way she plays pinball, its how she enjoys it. She said if she had to think about hitting this target and that target, then its stressful and not fun for her. Wildly hitting the ball is fun to her. So be it then, I'am glad she loves playing pinball, and she likes Metallica's music. Just pissed she took GC on that style of play. Oh well, I'am not that mad.

#2993 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

One thing that pisses me off, is when people play your game, and your trying to tell them what to shoot for and objectives and they don't care just want to bang the ball around aimlessly. Ya, that's my wife last night and gets Grand Champion score. She is one of those players that just keep the ball alive and don't shoot at targets purposely. She got 2 CIU's last night, and she had no idea how she did it. Its the way she plays pinball, its how she enjoys it. She said if she had to think about hitting this target and that target, then its stressful and not fun for her. Wildly hitting the ball is fun to her. So be it then, I'am glad she loves playing pinball, and she likes Metallica's music. Just pissed she took GC on that style of play. Oh well, I'am not that mad.

I just keep telling new players to shoot up the center for Sparky. Getting the multi-ball and seeing that crazy starting effect makes people go crazy. After they have a few games on it, they might start thinking strategy.

This is one of the things older games do better. My Taxi is going to a new home this week, but I think it might be the best game ever at using call outs and lighting to let you know what to do next. That machine turned a lot of my "civilian" friends into pinheads.

#2994 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I know the feeling on that one, but my wife so rarely plays pinball anymore. The reason is I would show her how to play and what shots to shoot for and why, and she would focus so dang hard on trying to hit the shots, that if she missed she would stress out so much and get frustrated quickly. If your significant other actually participates, trust me, DO NOT mess with it. If she gets interested and wants to know "how to" play, then show her. Sometimes, seeing a really impressive game and you making the shots and making things happen will be enough to spark their interest, but DON'T force it.

I miss the days my wife played. She likes to work on them with me more, and hey, I am not complaining. I just remember the days she played TFTC more than anything else, and I do miss that from time to time =/....

#2995 8 years ago

Someone wanted under pf pics of a pro led

image.jpgimage.jpg image-632.jpgimage-632.jpg image-527.jpgimage-527.jpg
#2996 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

What does it say after you finish a crank it up? I never catch it and it seems like it's telling me a faster way to relight crank it up?

After you finish a CIU it lights all the shots, if you have a Prem/LE they're lit orange. Like a victory lap deal. I forget though what happens if you make them all, I can't remember if I've actually done it or not.

#2997 8 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

I installed the creeping death lightning kit along with the pinblades from Pinball Refinery and they are an awesome addition to the pin. I recommend them to anybody wanting that extra effect.

Does the kit block the playfield. I have the decals on order but was on the fence about the lighting due to the fact that it runs down the playfield.

#2998 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

After you finish a CIU it lights all the shots, if you have a Prem/LE they're lit orange. Like a victory lap deal. I forget though what happens if you make them all, I can't remember if I've actually done it or not.

Hit each shot to un-light that insert, and once all 6 are out the CIU will relight. Hit the Mystery scoop to be awarded ~25% of your CIU jackpot value. i.e. 40mil CIU jackpot = 10mil collect. Rinse and repeat until you lose that ball. Not sure if there is a limit on how many times you can collect.

#2999 8 years ago

It also gives a nice fat award for finishing a CIU mode(before the scoop collect). I've seen 15M and I've seen 30M. I believe the 15 is on FTB and the 30 is on FWTBT. Does anyone know or have a list of that award for the 4 different CIU modes?

#3000 8 years ago

Just ordered met pro led!!! It'll be here next week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.