Topic Stats

• 17,204 posts
  • 960 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,947 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpg
MET MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17204 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 345.
#2901 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I'm actually in talks with a company to try to get them to vend at Pintastic New England so people around here have someone who can custom powder or chrome their pin hardware. Gabe wants to do all his hardware and habitrails on Metalica in the purple.

That sounds like a good idea, just make sure they know how picky us pinball people are.

#2902 4 years ago

I see a lot of people have the refinerys creeping death lighting rails. They look sweet!! My question is has anyone put them in with mirror blades instead of the side graphics and if so does it go well with them. I love this game with the mirror blades. In my opinion the best pinball for mirror blades because nothing blocks them and you can see everything and don't want to get rid of them.

#2903 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

I see a lot of people have the refinerys creeping death lighting rails. They look sweet!! My question is has anyone put them in with mirror blades instead of the side graphics and if so does it go well with them. I love this game with the mirror blades. In my opinion the best pinball for mirror blades because nothing blocks them and you can see everything and don't want to get rid of them.

I think it would blind you. We are all already putting stickers across the top to block the light. I think it is bright enough that it would be painful off the mirror.

#2904 4 years ago

I would think so too but I've never seen it.

#2905 4 years ago

I was thinking the same but thought I'd check. Just can't seem to stop modding! Addiction?

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks - loving the game. Glad you are enjoying yours too. We will have to meet sometime.

Sounds good.

#2907 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Saw this thread caught fire, which would be unusual for a club thread, so dropped in to see the drama...happy to see it is just a bunch of happy owners being happy.

I am chuckling at this post; you know it's Sad.... but True

#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I've actually timed out hurry-ups to NOT start S&D. That is basically impossible to do in a multiball though.

Not as stupid as Blackened is to start.....

Rob

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Saw this thread caught fire, which would be unusual for a club thread, so dropped in to see the drama...happy to see it is just a bunch of happy owners being happy.

Nothing to see here.

#2910 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I knocked the requirements down one notch on pick completions per band member and it's still very rarely seen. Definitely wouldn't mind some tweaking to the mode start (add band member in mystery?)

On the plus side, I find if I intentionally shoot for pick targets to progress to Blackened, I can't hit them and I instead make the actual shots on the playfield.

#2911 4 years ago

Does everyone's machine have your ball come out of the scoop hole, hit the left slingshot or flipper and then go down the right outlane like almost every time? Granted when it comes at the flipper I can try a soft bounce but when it hits the slingshot there is nothing I can do...very frustrating. Anyone else seeing this? I also get a ton of shots at the scoop that bounce out...

#2912 4 years ago

Is there a thread detailing how to replace the songs I don't want/like?

#2913 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Does everyone's machine have your ball come out of the scoop hole, hit the left slingshot or flipper and then go down the right outlane like almost every time? Granted when it comes at the flipper I can try a soft bounce but when it hits the slingshot there is nothing I can do...very frustrating. Anyone else seeing this? I also get a ton of shots at the scoop that bounce out...

I generally didn't notice this enough to be a problem, but regaining control of the ball after the mystery eject is always a little hectic on my machine...

#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-for-getting-sound-files-ready-for-pinball-browser

I need to do this as well....

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I never realize how close I am to starting Blackened, but if I'm having a long game, it usually starts when I'm in the middle of something else. Half the time I don't even realize it's started unless I hear a horse whinny. It always makes me think, "Yep, I've been bricking a lot of my shots." I still wish they had made that "The Four Horsemen" instead of Blackened. I would change the song, but the DMD animation calls it Blackened. I do have TFH swapped out with another song, but not tied to any mode.

Quoted from cscmtp:

Does everyone's machine have your ball come out of the scoop hole, hit the left slingshot or flipper and then go down the right outlane like almost every time?

Mine never hits the sling. Always the left flipper, and most of the time I can either catch it or send it up the left inlanes and back down to the flipper. If I miss the catch, it will bounce across to the right sling. I can usually catch the snake kickout in the same way.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

I love that this exists! I've played around with several different song replacements over the last two years, and I think it's time to mix it up again. I had "My Apocolypse" in at one point, and I really miss that as one of my choices. Maybe this summer when I have a little more time.

#2916 4 years ago

I have a few pieces of square mylar coming from PBL and intend to place them at the wire drops. I was wondering if I should find some sort of mylar for the two magnets as well?

#2917 4 years ago

Mylar around the magnets, yes. And mylar or the metal cliffys' for the switches below the ramp

#2918 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Mylar around the magnets, yes. And mylar or the metal cliffys' for the switches below the ramp

Will this one fit around Sparky and Graveyard?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-MG

#2919 4 years ago

Yup!

These work as well, you just have to cut the magnet part out
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1980

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I still wish they had made that "The Four Horsemen" instead of Blackened.

That was the plan (see DMD animation) but then that whole "fan vote" thing happened, and they had to change the songs. I don't mind since Blackened is my favorite track from And Justice.

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That was the plan (see DMD animation) but then that whole "fan vote" thing happened, and they had to change the songs. I don't mind since Blackened is my favorite track from And Justice.

Yeah, I knew that was the plan, I just wish they had carried it out. If I remember the fan vote results correctly, "TFH" finished right behind Blackened and RTL? RTL made sense because everyone felt it needed to be attached to Sparky MB, so it got the votes. I don't think anyone knew the second song we were voting on would be attached to animation and sounds involving four horses.

#2922 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Make sure your game is balanced properly, this could contribute to the problem u described.

#2923 4 years ago

I think a metallica code wish list would be a good thing to put together. With sales doing this well, they might just deliver...

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There was (is?) also supposed to be a Death Magnetic song for coffin MB to my knowledge. Using FWTBT for two modes (Coffin and CIU) is kinda disappointing. All Nightmare Long would be fantastic for Coffin MB imo.

#2925 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That sounds like a good idea, just make sure they know how picky us pinball people are.

Hey Paul. Just saw this. Yeah, this company is a great family business right in the heart of Boston. They do all kinds of custom parts and vehicle work. They've even done work on pinball machines and jukeboxes before. They're stunned that they could have this great new revenue stream of business come in the door from New Englander's that they never really considered before.

I told them that if they come and vend at Pintastic New England to show off their powder coat and chrome work, they will get some good business that over time will ramp up seriously once the word is out on how great their work is and prices are.

I talked to them about price and I'm hoping they can come up with solid prices for the pin community. I'll update this and the Pintastic thread if things get finalized.

#2926 4 years ago

There was (is?) also supposed to be a Death Magnetic song for coffin MB to my knowledge. Using FWTBT for two modes (Coffin and CIU) is kinda disappointing. All Nightmare Long would be fantastic for Coffin MB imo.

I think Borg discussed the Death Magnetic song on a podcast, but the voting might have changed those plans.

#2927 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think Borg discussed the Death Magnetic song on a podcast, but the voting might have changed those plans.

vote the votes off the island and continue

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think so too, but as I recall on said podcast, there were plans for 3 songs to be added. One Death Magnetic, one I think he wanted (I'm assuming 4 horsemen due to the dots in 'blackened'?), and one to be voted on by fans. What ended up happening (at Metallica's request I think?) was two songs voted by fans. Where that leaves the 'third song' I don't know. Probably just left out sadly

#2929 4 years ago

I think so too, but as I recall on said podcast, there were plans for 3 songs to be added. One Death Magnetic, one I think he wanted (I'm assuming 4 horsemen due to the dots in 'blackened'?), and one to be voted on by fans. What ended up happening (at Metallica's request I think?) was two songs voted by fans. Where that leaves the 'third song' I don't know. Probably just left out sadly

In jukebox mode there is a blank station (I think). And room for a ton more songs!

#2930 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

In jukebox mode there is a blank station (I think). And room for a ton more songs!

Yeah I can see how it is still possible but the last time I heard about any Metallica feature/code updates it was basically going to be a small update to add spinner rules to the LE/Prem and at that point it was mostly considered 'done'. Definitely no mention of more songs.

Doesn't mean any of that is still accurate of course - this was months ago.

#2931 4 years ago

Yeah I can see how it is still possible but the last time I heard about any Metallica feature/code updates it was basically going to be a small update to add spinner rules to the LE/Prem and at that point it was mostly considered 'done'. Definitely no mention of more songs.
Doesn't mean any of that is still accurate of course - this was months ago.

I'm not up on how "done" or if features are missing. But from what my friends say that own it, it is pretty well done...maybe a few things left for niceties?

#2932 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don't usually play the jukebox mode. Is "End of the Line" available in the jukebox? If not, that might be why there's a blank station?

I just checked an old thread about Metallica music changes, and Borg mentioning three songs on the podcast is talked about in that thread. That thread is over a year old.

#2933 4 years ago

I can't see another song being added now. That's a $$ thing, doubt they could get it for free.

Honestly my only real complaint about the code is that you get "punished" for getting to Seek and Destroy. The completed shots are so valuable for getting to CIU, which is the meat of the scoring, that you feel kind of stupid starting it. Wish there was a clever solution for that.

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't see another song being added now. That's a $$ thing, doubt they could get it for free.
Honestly my only real complaint about the code is that you get "punished" for getting to Seek and Destroy. The completed shots are so valuable for getting to CIU, which is the meat of the scoring, that you feel kind of stupid starting it. Wish there was a clever solution for that.

I kind of like this strategy, though. Trying NOT to hit shots is as much of a challenge as hitting shots.

I'm not sure if any pinball machines rules incorporate this or not, but I've always thought it would be cool to have a shot that instantly ends a mode, subtracts points from your score, or causes instant dead flippers to end a mb (not timed, like LITZ). It could then feed the ball back to the shooter lane, but MB is ended.

#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I kind of like this strategy, though. Trying NOT to hit shots is as much of a challenge as hitting shots.
I'm not sure if any pinball machines rules incorporate this or not, but I've always thought it would be cool to have a shot that instantly ends a mode, subtracts points from your score, or causes instant dead flippers to end a mb (not timed, like LITZ).

Ah... like the matrix pin game...you had to stop the balls from flying around, cradle them for x seconds.I agree. super cool idea/concept that should be incorporated in a game.

#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

That's true. But it's a cool mode, I just wish you weren't disincentivized to actually start it.

I'm not sure how you'd fix it, but maybe a victory laps style mode at the end, like after you finish a CIU, where there's some kind of path to getting items racked up fast again?

#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'm not up on how "done" or if features are missing. But from what my friends say that own it, it is pretty well done...maybe a few things left for niceties?

The only things I would say are 'missing' are spinner rules for LE/Prem, and something compelling for the pop bumper completion/fuel lane lights/blown piston rule. Beyond those minor items, I would say it's done as far as rules and gameplay go.

#2938 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Consider this me being ignorant to the rules...

Why is playing Seek and Destroy counter productive to scoring well in CIU?

#2939 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Consider this me being ignorant to the rules...
Why is playing Seek and Destroy counter productive to scoring well in CIU?

Because to get to Seek and Destroy you complete the items on lanes/shots. Complete them all and you start S&D. Thing is, every time you make a shot on a completed lane you earn items towards Crank It Up, which is the real scoring spot in the game, and the path to the wizard mode.

Once you finish S&D the lanes all reset. So you have to lock them in again to get the CIU item gathering credit.

#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's true. But it's a cool mode, I just wish you weren't disincentivized to actually start it.
I'm not sure how you'd fix it, but maybe a victory laps style mode at the end, like after you finish a CIU, where there's some kind of path to getting items racked up fast again?

Why not just leave them on? So you only get to do S&D once in a game, big deal.

#2941 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because to get to Seek and Destroy you complete the items on lanes/shots. Complete them all and you start S&D. Thing is, every time you make a shot on a completed lane you earn items towards Crank It Up, which is the real scoring spot in the game, and the path to the wizard mode.
Once you finish S&D the lanes all reset. So you have to lock them in again to get the CIU item gathering credit.

Gotcha. Once I get my game, this will probably make a LOT more sense. As it stands now, it seems like a silly oversight almost.

#2942 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

my gf hates tron, but loves met.

My gf loves Met and hates Tron. Now my wife, loves Tron but hates Met. Tron and Met are set up in different rooms, so far everything has worked out well.

#2943 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Why not just leave them on? So you only get to do S&D once in a game, big deal.

Interesting point... many mini-wizard modes behave this way.

#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Those purple lollipop side rails, legs and hinges on Metalica look awesome. The Refinery's Purple Monster was amazing!

Whew this thread has picked up some speed and it's positive

Anyways, just got my pbr purple armor man it looks sweet! Pic doesn't show it well but pbr's site does. I still have to get the legs on.

20150423_171841.jpg
#2945 4 years ago

Just curious, can you change the neutral song between balls or when does it change?

Thanks

#2946 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Just curious, can you change the neutral song between balls or when does it change?
Thanks

Never changes, except for all the modes you play that come with their own music. Whatever you pick at the start is your neutral theme for all 3 balls.

#2947 4 years ago

Anyone have a picture of service rails installed on a LED Pro? If I go with the marked drill holes at the bottom of the playfield, both rails will have to be angled towards the center. It just doesn't seem right. Curious to see how others have installed them.

#2948 4 years ago

Some progress on the next batch. Got my envelopes from staples and my stamps and a couple sheets of plastic from lowes.

20150423_184229.jpg

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have a few pieces of square mylar coming from PBL and intend to place them at the wire drops. I was wondering if I should find some sort of mylar for the two magnets as well?

You can buy mylar at Office Max and places like that too.

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Hey Paul. Just saw this. Yeah, this company is a great family business right in the heart of Boston. They do all kinds of custom parts and vehicle work. They've even done work on pinball machines and jukeboxes before. They're stunned that they could have this great new revenue stream of business come in the door from New Englander's that they never really considered before.
I told them that if they come and vend at Pintastic New England to show off their powder coat and chrome work, they will get some good business that over time will ramp up seriously once the word is out on how great their work is and prices are.
I talked to them about price and I'm hoping they can come up with solid prices for the pin community. I'll update this and the Pintastic thread if things get finalized.

I hope it works out and they give you a little discount. No more shipping parts for the locals is always a plus too.

#2950 4 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Whew this thread has picked up some speed and it's positive
Anyways, just got my pbr purple armor man it looks sweet! Pic doesn't show it well but pbr's site does. I still have to get the legs on.

20150423_171841.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

They look great especially with no screw holes. That's purple looks blue as blue can be to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 50.00
There are 17204 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 345.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside