Topic Stats

• 16,890 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 minutes ago by Dee-Bow
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,858 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16890 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 338.
#2851 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have only put a bit of time on MET....I have the chance to get one for a really great price, but I'm a BIT worried how non-pinheads will respond to the difficulty. Can anyone comment on how their non-pinball playing friends/family have felt about the game?

Buy Metallica. You'll like it. My wife and non pinhead friends like it. It's a really great game.

#2852 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Glad you used TRON as an example. My wife HATED TRON because of the difficulty and lack of "stuff" going on. There is a profanity filter, yes? Being able to turn that off for when people have kids over is important...

I think there are three levels of language filter: family friendly, beeps, unfiltered.

#2853 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Being able to turn that off for when people have kids over is important...

I don't know....they still say 'hell' a lot with the 'adult content' turned off in menu.

#2854 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Glad you used TRON as an example. My wife HATED TRON because of the difficulty and lack of "stuff" going on. There is a profanity filter, yes? Being able to turn that off for when people have kids over is important...

I was in the settings and I saw one for adult content. I had mine on yes. Sparky may be right, there could be multiple levels though. You will be able to either have swearing on or off, for sure. Stern is good about that.

#2855 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I don't know....they still say 'hell' a lot with the 'adult content' turned off in menu.

Eh, hell isn't a big deal. The other 4 letter words won't do well when we have children over, though!

#2856 4 years ago

I have it on and I don't remember any swear words... I think I swore more Hmmm

#2857 4 years ago

Haha, I remember the first day I had MET. A buddy came over to help get it in the house and he was playing a few games. My 5 year old daughter walks in as he scores Jack F'in' Pot! Whoops.

#2858 4 years ago

Alright, well given that it's NOT harder than IM or TRON and that you can turn off all the profanity...

I am "tentatively" in the club!

#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Haha, I remember the first day I had MET. A buddy came over to help get it in the house and he was playing a few games. My 5 year old daughter walks in as he scores Jack F'in' Pot! Whoops.

Oh...I guess you have to actually hit things to get it to swear good to know

#2860 4 years ago

I just put in a deposit on a MET today!

#2861 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Alright, well given that it's NOT harder than IM or TRON and that you can turn off all the profanity...
I am "tentatively" in the club!

if you like tron and im. You'll really like met. I even woke up early to play before I left for work. I still can't get much going, but I love that there are so many shots!!! Each just feels unique and fun, although many are very tight. And the sound of the ball in the metal ramps and rails...ohh baby, so good. I like this led version. I found one led out, but it looks great! I think I'll color match a few spots like fuel, but it does look good.

#2862 4 years ago

With all the new owners posting in this thread lately, these micro display mods are available. This example is installed in the back right corner, but most customers have installed over the Mystery Scoop. I've moved mine there, as well.

#2863 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

if you like tron and im. You'll really like met. I even woke up early to play before I left for work. I still can't get much going, but I love that there are so many shots!!! Each just feels unique and fun, although many are very tight. And the sound of the ball in the metal ramps and rails...ohh baby, so good. I like this led version. I found one led out, but it looks great! I think I'll color match a few spots like fuel, but it does look good.

Yeah, I love both games, but my wife wasn't a fan of TRON. However, given what I've been reading and some other responses, I decided to go ahead and order an LED Pro.

#2864 4 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

I think these look fantastic, so I emailed Eric at http://www.pin-protection.com, and he said that if he can sell 10 of these, he'd make another round. I missed the boat the first time, so hopefully 9 other people are interested in getting them...
389309-i.jpg

I tried emailing and messaged him on facebook but he never replied. I would take a set if he ever got a hold of me. But i want mine raw so i can have them powder coated purple.

#2865 4 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I tried emailing and messaged him on facebook but he never replied. I would take a set if he ever got a hold of me. But i want mine raw so i can have them powder coated purple.

He's been very busy with his kids lately. He will get back to you soon I'm sure. It took him a few days to respond to me via text recently and I talk to him all the time lol he is a real good dude and will take care of you for sure

#2866 4 years ago

Where there any rumors of another update to met, or is it all done? I'm not sure if it is still missing anything, but for sure more songs would be nice.

#2867 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I would prefer to have the middle playfield art lit, in your pics It looks very dark now?

Dark? Hardly the case. Bad pic's from phone camera, not dark in person. The spotlights with all that I read from other owners with the hassels of loose posts, bulbs fallen out, etc. None of those things happened to my game, I just think they barely provided any useable light. Removing them was one of the best things I did to improve the look of the game. The spotlight that shines on the snake is a good spotlight and provides a purpose for its existence, where the slingshot spotlights did not. I don't like pinball machines with anything on the slingshots, not flasher domes, or spotlights, its just my preference is all. You actually can appreciate the art on the slings better, cleaner look. The blue on the tip of the slings really pop's now without the spotlight washing it out. At my house everyone likes the spots removed and how the slingshot plastic now pops with the blue. No worries, it don't effect game play at all, and it can be easily replaced, but it never will.

I even removed the "sneeze guard" over the right wire ramp (I did this back in September). I have had ZERO issues with it gone. Again, its a much cleaner look. 8 months with it gone, no problems. Just removing unnecessary things is all. Game really looks better with all that crap off the playfield. Thanks Sparky for the idea on the spotlights removal you were so right. I did route the left spotlight socket up under the FUEL target so it now lights up red, cant beat free mod. I have a purple flasher under the scoop, so gonna have to extend the wire to reach the snake and put a green bulb in for that. Thanks again for the recommendation. I really don't see any other useless things to remove on the machine so I think were good now.

#2868 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Where there any rumors of another update to met, or is it all done? I'm not sure if it is still missing anything, but for sure more songs would be nice.

More songs would be a plus! Some of there "garage days" stuff.
If there is no more updates, then I would be good with how it is now! Fun game!

#2869 4 years ago

Yeah, the slingshot spots feel pointless to me, I thought about removing them too.

#2870 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, the slingshot spots feel pointless to me, I thought about removing them too.

Get rid of them! I took mine off a long time ago and have never missed them. Game looks so much better with them gone.

#2871 4 years ago

I am ordering the spinner mod from HOOKED because I love spinners and don't care if it changes the gameplay a little bit. Any other neat mods I should look into (protectors, cliffy's, mylar for the magnet, etc)?

#2872 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Any other neat mods I should look into (protectors, cliffy's, mylar for the magnet, etc)?

Snake fangs, snake tongue decal, coffin insert decal, speaker lights, ColorDMD (soon).

#2873 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They do a nice job of lighting up the center of the PF if you aim them down a bit.

#2874 4 years ago

Spinners
sling protectors
inlane protectors
sparky protector
snake fangs
snake tongue
snake led
coffin decal
mystery hole led
scoop, kickout protectors (like cliffys)
colordmd!
tons of mezel mods

this thread helps

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-metallica-plenty-of-mods-appreciation-picture-post

#2875 4 years ago

Hell yeah! Joining the club. Special shout out to Melissa at Cointaker as she goes above and beyond for customer service as well as great pricing. Suppose to ship from Stern Monday so should have it by next weekend. Time to order mods now and think about what songs I'm changing. Pics to come. Peace!

#2876 4 years ago

Saw this thread caught fire, which would be unusual for a club thread, so dropped in to see the drama...happy to see it is just a bunch of happy owners being happy.

#2877 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Spinners
sling protectors
inlane protectors
sparky protector
snake fangs
snake tongue
snake led
coffin decal
mystery hole led
scoop, kickout protectors (like cliffys)
colordmd!
tons of mezel mods
this thread helps
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-metallica-plenty-of-mods-appreciation-picture-post

Silly question, but is this all from PBL? Or are these special Pinside user mods?

#2878 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Congrats Mark.... your going to love it!
Mine arrive last Friday.

Thanks - loving the game. Glad you are enjoying yours too. We will have to meet sometime.

#2879 4 years ago

I have been thinking of ordering a shaker motor for my pro. Do you guy think its worth it and is it integrated well?

#2880 4 years ago

Very well intergrated. You guys that have the new pro is your inserts lit by little led boards? If so could someone post a pic of the underside of the playfield.

#2881 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Very well intergrated. You guys that have the new pro is your inserts lit by little led boards? If so could someone post a pic of the underside of the playfield.

No. it's regular bulbs and sockets, I can get you a pic later we are playing now

#2882 4 years ago

Where can I get the coffin decal mod?

#2884 4 years ago

Interesting to read some of the issues popping up. Anyone here have peeling issues? If so, how did you remedy it?

#2885 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Interesting to read some of the issues popping up. Anyone here have peeling issues? If so, how did you remedy it?

I haven't got one yet. Been thinking about making my own....

But for putting anything down. I'd clean the pf very well then apply and make sure to put pressure down on the edges.

#2886 4 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

I think these look fantastic, so I emailed Eric at http://www.pin-protection.com, and he said that if he can sell 10 of these, he'd make another round. I missed the boat the first time, so hopefully 9 other people are interested in getting them...
389309-i.jpg

I like the cutouts but I don't like the 3 screws in the flipper area. The guards that came on my Refinery Met have only one screw in that area and it's 3/4 covered by the lock bar. A much smoother/cleaner look.

#2887 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Saw this thread caught fire, which would be unusual for a club thread, so dropped in to see the drama...happy to see it is just a bunch of happy owners being happy.

It sure did Tiger, looks like a lot of people got a good chunk of change back from the government this year.

#2888 4 years ago

the lollipop ones from stern you can install aftermarket and not use screws on the flipper round section. I was going to do that as I don't want/like to screw into the decal/side. Like those skull ones...love that one but don't want to screw it into the cab :/

#2889 4 years ago

I had an email conversation with eric about a set of black side rails. Asked him for a price and he never got back to me. Guess hes sold out. But 275 quoted above seems steep. Think id rather just get the lollipop ones from PBL.

#2890 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

the lollipop ones from stern you can install aftermarket and not use screws on the flipper round section. I was going to do that as I don't want/like to screw into the decal/side. Like those skull ones...love that one but don't want to screw it into the cab :/

You don't have to screw it in if you don't want to. Just use a small piece of double sided stick tape at the bottom of the curve on the rail below the button. That will hold it securely while not damaging the decal if you wanted to change the rails down the road.

#2891 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I had an email conversation with eric about a set of black side rails. Asked him for a price and he never got back to me. Guess hes sold out. But 275 quoted above seems steep. Think id rather just get the lollipop ones from PBL.

Id like to weld the skull on to a standard rail...that would be nice... or get the lollipops

#2892 4 years ago

Those purple lollipop side rails, legs and hinges on Metalica look awesome. The Refinery's Purple Monster was amazing!

#2893 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Those purple lollipop side rails, legs and hinges on Metalica look awesome. The Refinery's Purple Monster was amazing!

I really like the hinges with metallica cut in....ughhh so good looking but so expensive

#2894 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

They sure do, goes with perfect with the game.

#2895 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Id like to weld the skull on to a standard rail...that would be nice... or get the lollipops

I think my ideal would be rails that:
Had the mirrored metallica logo cutouts on the angle/lollipop slope.
Didnt have ride the lightning cutouts at all
Mounted to the cabinet with existing/standard hardware only.

Matching hinges with throwing star Ms as an option...

#2896 4 years ago

No doubt the refinery purplr is awesome!

#2897 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

No doubt the refinery purplr is awesome!

And what really adds to the purple legs are the Refinery show chrome leg bolts. WOW!!

#2898 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I think my ideal would be rails that:
Had the mirrored Metallica logo cutouts on the angle/lollipop slope.
Didnt have ride the lightning cutouts at all
Mounted to the cabinet with existing/standard hardware only.
Matching hinges with throwing star Ms as an option...

sooo we need to meet someone in the fab business... I like the way you like/think

#2899 4 years ago

I really love Sparkys tv on the game, people always say "a tv on a pinball game, cool".

Here is where I have mine mounted.
IMGA0866.JPG

I had to make a little bracket to hold it out from the hex post because the Refinery light bar for the lightning side sticker was in the way.
IMGA0868.JPG

But the best thing about my installation is that I was able to put a double spotlight behind the tv so it's completely hidden from the players view.
IMGA0867.JPG

#2900 4 years ago

I'm actually in talks with a company to try to get them to vend at Pintastic New England so people around here have someone who can custom powder or chrome their pin hardware. Gabe wants to do all his hardware and habitrails on Metalica in the purple.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Village, OH
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 16890 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside