IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 433.
#2801 8 years ago

Played a few games today. Left sling spot led came out and ended up in the trough... Confused the hell out of the game when it was blocking the balls from rolling all the way down into the trough. Mid game... glass off, apron off, unscrew 4 screws holding top of trough down, open top of trough, get led out, reverse steps leaving a ball in shooter lane. Continue game.

Sigh.

#2802 8 years ago

Did everyone install all of the cliffy protectors for your MET? Looks like a hundred or so for them all. Are they recommended?

#2803 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Excited stuff is showing up
Shaker, snake teeth tongue, sling protectors, sparky protector, super bands, shiny pinlife balls, green cup holder. image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

where did you get the sparky protector?

#2804 8 years ago

You can get the clear sparky protector from Rickwh. Just pm him and he will get it to you for around $7. Otherwise there is a neon yellow one which I can't remember which site maybe pinballlife.com but I prefer the clear one

#2805 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Left sling spot led came out and ended up in the trough...

I hot glued my spot bulbs after having one stuck in the trough. No problem since.

#2806 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I hot glued my spot bulbs after having one stuck in the trough. No problem since.

I should do that as well. Had one fall into the mystery scoop! That was a B!+€h to get out!

#2807 8 years ago

^ so you guys glued the lamp into the socket? Is this a problem with all machines cause that seems pretty shitty...

#2808 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

^ so you guys glued the lamp into the socket? Is this a problem with all machines cause that seems pretty shitty...

Par for the course with Stern spotlights, yeah.

#2809 8 years ago

My cross and snake flasher was glued in at the factory. No biggie just peel it back and pull if you need to swap a bulb. I replaced those two without a problem.

#2810 8 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

Hey guys, I am using the cliffy magnet protectors and the one in front of sparky keeps peeling up, any ideas how to get it to stick down better and not mess up the playfield?

Make sure your magnet is raised so that it is flush with the ring once it is installed.

#2811 8 years ago

What would you suggest better, mylar rings or the cliffy's around the magnets? Also if using the cliffy's do they just stick down to the playfield with double sided tape or? Thanks.

#2812 8 years ago

All but the rings here.

#2813 8 years ago

put the #4 score on it my second game in and the. Proceeded to get under 5 billions

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2814 8 years ago

Just joined the club... got home too late to set it up.. so will have to wait till tomorrow!

IMG_8413.jpegIMG_8413.jpeg

#2815 8 years ago

Will switch out to Cointaker LED color upgrade kit..
RGB speaker kit..
Fluorescent green slingshot upgrade
and protectors..

#2816 8 years ago

Would love to upgrade Sparky to Dirty version.. but too worried about banging it all up for that kind of scratch!

#2817 8 years ago

Congrats guys on the new games. I'm still waiting for mine. Has anyone heard when Stern will be back up and running again?

#2818 8 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I got my game today! Looking forward to setting it up tonight after work. Had to wait a few extra days as the shipping truck broke down.

Congrats Mark.... your going to love it!
Mine arrive last Friday.

#2819 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

where did you get the sparky protector?

Rickwh, highly recommended!

#2820 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Would love to upgrade Sparky to Dirty version.. but too worried about banging it all up for that kind of scratch!

I would not worry about it. Only his feet get hit and just kind of scuffs them up. Gor for it!

#2821 8 years ago

I'm thinking about added LEDs to my OG Met pro. I was going to use cointaker cool white doubles in the GI. How about the inserts? Do I have to use premiums in there? Non ghosting?

#2822 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm thinking about added LEDs to my OG Met pro. I was going to use cointaker cool white doubles in the GI. How about the inserts? Do I have to use premiums in there? Non ghosting?

I used a variety of brands in mine and haven't noticed any ghosting issues.

#2823 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What would you suggest better, mylar rings or the cliffy's around the magnets? Also if using the cliffy's do they just stick down to the playfield with double sided tape or? Thanks.

Big fan of Cliffy but dont use his magnet protectors. They are stuck to the playfield with some kind of doubleside tape and tend to warp after some use. Cliffy's makes great products but not for the magnet. If you are reading this Cliffy, sorry

#2824 8 years ago

I have Cliffy's on several of my games. But I don't have any on my Met Premium. They just don't seem needed. Close to 1000 games and everything looks perfect.

#2825 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Rickwh, highly recommended!

I concur! I just paypaled him for a protector

#2826 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

put the #4 score on it my second game in and the. Proceeded to get under 5 billions

let us know if you ever reach that 5 billion!

#2827 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a pity really, because S&D is fun, but you're right, it's almost stupid to start it.

I've actually timed out hurry-ups to NOT start S&D. That is basically impossible to do in a multiball though.

#2828 8 years ago

I had a good game last of the night yesterday. My son and I had a debate about it this morning on the way taking him to school. I'm on ball 3 just finished my second sparky multiball. I have snake and graveyard multiball lit to start plus crank it up. I choose crank it up make it half way through the mode and drain. Game over, he said I should of went for the mutliballs and not crank it up. What would have you done? I was trying for the big points, or should I have played it safe and just went for the multi? Damn, I love this game so many ways to attack it.

#2829 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

I had a good game last of the night yesterday. My son and I had a debate about it this morning on the way taking him to school. I'm on ball 3 just finished my second sparky multiball. I have snake and graveyard multiball lit to start plus crank it up. I choose crank it up make it half way through the mode and drain. Game over, he said I should of went for the mutliballs and not crank it up. What would have you done? I was trying for the big points, or should I have played it safe and just went for the multi? Damn, I love this game so many ways to attack it.

I think you played it right. If I have CIU ready at the same time as a multiball, I will always start CIU. Then you can use the multiball afterwards to work toward CIU again. Your son is looking for the easy points, but he is assuming you're going to drain soon, so grab easy multiball points. You can't play assuming you're going to drain. Big points don't come without big risks.

Now if you were in a tourney, and you were only a few million behind, then yes, I would have gone with a multiball for a guaranteed win.

#2830 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I think you played it right. If I have CIU ready at the same time as a multiball, I will always start CIU. Then you can use the multiball afterwards to work toward CIU again. Your son is looking for the easy points, but he is assuming you're going to drain soon, so grab easy multiball points. You can't play assuming you're going to drain. Big points don't come without big risks.
Now if you were in a tourney, and you were only a few million behind, then yes, I would have gone with a multiball for a guaranteed win.

Yeah, I was thinking so too, damn sling launched the ball right into the outline way too fast. Damn old man reflexes lol. I was looking ahead, I have been trying to get him to understand the rules better for more points, 2x snake add a ball with fuel running. He is learning, he don't like to get beat, especially by the old man...lol

#2831 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Ever since I got 200mil from one CIU mode (FWTBT), I always play toward starting CIU. The only MB that usually gets started in the process is graveyard, and it usually starts a couple of times.

#2832 8 years ago

I think these look fantastic, so I emailed Eric at www.pin-protection.com, and he said that if he can sell 10 of these, he'd make another round. I missed the boat the first time, so hopefully 9 other people are interested in getting them...

389309-i.jpg389309-i.jpg

#2833 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Typically in this situation, I would have started CIU, focused the 4 feature shots to light the CIU jackpot (and naturally made other shots by mistake) during the ball saver, and then make shots until you roll into the scoop to collect the (possibly small) jackpot and exit CIU. Then you are one shot to get into a multiball, and I would immediately bash the hell out of the coffin to get that MB ready as well, while also making progress to the next CIU.

While there are many more points in CIU, unless you are confident in your single ball shooting ability under pressure, the risk (on ball 3) is very high once that ball save turns off, so I will tend to exit the mode at the first chance on my final ball. My exception is if you had Fade to Black available and you're on a premium. The mode is quite forgiving (switch hits) and if you can dial in on the orbit shots the return to the flipper is usually safe-ish

But as a general rule, if I have a multiball ready, I will light the CIU jackpot asap and collect it.

#2834 8 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

I think these look fantastic, so I emailed Eric at http://www.pin-protection.com, and he said that if he can sell 10 of these, he'd make another round. I missed the boat the first time, so hopefully 9 other people are interested in getting them...
389309-i.jpg

I was the lucky one to get the last silver set

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2835 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Typically in this situation, I would have started CIU, focused the 4 feature shots to light the CIU jackpot (and naturally made other shots by mistake) during the ball saver, and then make shots until you roll into the scoop to collect the (possibly small) jackpot and exit CIU. Then you are one shot to get into a multiball, and I would immediately bash the hell out of the coffin to get that MB ready as well, while also making progress to the next CIU.
While there are many more points in CIU, unless you are confident in your single ball shooting ability under pressure, the risk (on ball 3) is very high once that ball save turns off, so I will tend to exit the mode at the first chance on my final ball. My exception is if you had Fade to Black available and you're on a premium. The mode is quite forgiving (switch hits) and if you can dial in on the orbit shots the return to the flipper is usually safe-ish
But as a general rule, if I have a multiball ready, I will light the CIU jackpot asap and collect it.

The right pick target by the gravemarker is what got me I was off by a hair and it punished me, my idea was to get in and get out get my points then start multiball. Well at least I feel better about my plan next time need to execute better.

#2836 8 years ago

I dont go for points usually, I like to dim the lights, crank the tunes and catch a bad ass buzz and just play. Fade to Black CUI seems to be my trip of choice lol.

Also, I would be in for some of the protectors, but Id rather they had Metal up your Ass! cut out, Thats real OG Metallica right there!

#2837 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

let us know if you ever reach that 5 billion!

hahha yeah, my bad, million. I couldn't remember after I went inside my bed

#2838 8 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

I think these look fantastic, so I emailed Eric at http://www.pin-protection.com, and he said that if he can sell 10 of these, he'd make another round. I missed the boat the first time, so hopefully 9 other people are interested in getting them...
389309-i.jpg

Price? You have me interested.

#2839 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I couldn't remember after I went inside my bed

strange, I like to sleep on top of my bed. haha, sorry but I thought that was funny. maybe you need more sleep? brain, not, working...need coffee.

#2840 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Yeah for sure. I want to have the protection around the flipper button and these look great. Curious though on color options?

#2841 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah for sure. I want to have the protection around the flipper button and these look great. Curious though on color options?

Weren't these only made in the silver speckle for the LE's? There aren't other color options out there, are there?

Otherwise, the standard black guard rails are $60 at Pinball Life.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

#2842 8 years ago

Here is Erik's price quote on the Metallica custom side rails on the pinball enthusiasts Facebook page

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2843 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Weren't these only made in the silver speckle for the LE's? There aren't other color options out there, are there?
Otherwise, the standard black guard rails are $60 at Pinball Life.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

Ya I need those standard stern ones for a few games, but the metallica custom one looks great. And as seen below looks to be black and silver only. Silver looks good, but purple or green to match the game loook good too.

#2844 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya I need those standard stern ones for a few games, but the Metallica custom one looks great. And as seen below looks to be black and silver only. Silver looks good, but purple or green to match the game loook good too.

Raw is a choice. You could then have them powder coated purple or green.

#2845 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Embarrassingly-I didn't even ask. Just saw the pic and thought they looked fantastic. Figured they wouldn't be crazy expensive, but someone else who already purchased a set might be able to let us know.

#2846 8 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Embarrassingly-I didn't even ask. Just saw the pic and thought they looked fantastic. Figured they wouldn't be crazy expensive, but someone else who already purchased a set might be able to let us know.

Scroll up a few posts

#2847 8 years ago

I have only put a bit of time on MET....I have the chance to get one for a really great price, but I'm a BIT worried how non-pinheads will respond to the difficulty. Can anyone comment on how their non-pinball playing friends/family have felt about the game?

#2848 8 years ago

I got the email today that my Metallica is ready. The check is in the mail, so hopefully mine will show up next week!

#2849 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have only put a bit of time on MET....I have the chance to get one for a really great price, but I'm a BIT worried how non-pinheads will respond to the difficulty. Can anyone comment on how their non-pinball playing friends/family have felt about the game?

my gf hates tron, but loves met. There are lots of shots and fun things that happen. Most people can get sparky multiball which is cool for most. I think it would be good for non pin people.

#2850 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

my gf hates tron, but loves met. There are lots of shots and fun things that happen. Most people can get sparky multiball which is cool for most. I think it would be good for non pin people.

Glad you used TRON as an example. My wife HATED TRON because of the difficulty and lack of "stuff" going on. There is a profanity filter, yes? Being able to turn that off for when people have kids over is important...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.