IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 433.
#2751 8 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Respectfully understand your call out. IMO Metallica is one of the fastest games i have played.

Thanks. I reserved one from the next run and went to go play it to be sure I want it. Unfortunately I was disappointed by the flow and quickness. I really want to like it. Again, I'm wondering if it's not right because its on route. I wish I could play a HUO game in my area to get a better idea of what the game is all about.

#2752 8 years ago

Anyone have any links to custom score cards?

#2753 8 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Anyone have any links to custom score cards?

The Aurium cards are nice for everything he's done.

http://www.pinballcards.com/

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcardscom-custom-instruction-cards

MET.jpgMET.jpg
#2754 8 years ago

Another question to all the owners. Do you believe the MET Pro is the one Stern game that is very close to the PREM and LE? I read that somewhere. The game play and playfield are so close to the upgraded games that the benefit isn't as significant as others. True?

#2755 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Do you believe the MET Pro is the one Stern game that is very close to the PREM and LE?

Met pro is one of the best pros. ST is the other one. There are plenty of things that you can list that are not in the pro, but as far as capturing the atmosphere and fun and playability, Met is one of the best.

#2756 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Another question to all the owners. Do you believe the MET Pro is the one Stern game that is very close to the PREM and LE? I read that somewhere. The game play and playfield are so close to the upgraded games that the benefit isn't as significant as others. True?

I'd call it Star Trek. The Pro plays almost exactly the same, just minus the kickback.

Metallica is close, but the snake and spinners do change the way you shoot and play. Physical ball lock is cool, but not a giant game changer.

In both cases you miss out on killer light shows of course.

#2757 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

In both cases you miss out on killer light shows of course.

Not for much longer.

#2758 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

The color changing LED's are the biggest missing thing for me. They indicate the what is going on much better, I found the lighting on the Pro a little confusing until I learned the game. I don't much care about the ball capturing snake and really don't like the hammer.

#2759 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Not for much longer.

Yeah I think someone is working on changing colors for the pro right?

#2760 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah I think someone is working on changing colors for the pro right?

But the color changing inserts need to be white right, on the Pro they are colored.

#2761 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But the color changing inserts need to be white right, on the Pro they are colored.

Colour changing GI is coming, not inserts.

#2762 8 years ago

Oh that's right I forgot. It's been a while since you posted about that and I forgot.

#2763 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh that's right I forgot. It's been a while since you posted about that and I forgot.

You teasing me?

lol, it's killing me too. Updates next week. But starting with ACDC.

#2765 8 years ago

Thanks, I have a hard time reading the font on those cards. The black bats with yellow flipper rubbers on your game look sweet.

#2767 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I removed both spotlights on the slings, and I re-ran the harness underneath to the Fuel bar. I removed the spotlight shield and installed a flex red. The sling spotlight on the right I re-ran to the Mystery scoop underneath. I don't miss the spotlights on the slings at all. In fact, I was tired of them getting knocked around, and I like the view of the inlane/outlanes better, too!
FUEL Bar Light Underneath.jpg (Click image to enlarge)METLE No Spots.JPG (Click image to enlarge)Spotlight FUEL.JPG (Click image to enlarge)Spotlight Scoop.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I did this over the weekend! Should have done it a long time ago. Free mods are nice, the left spotlight socket is re-routed to light up FUEL target area. With the spotlights removed, you can actually enjoy the slingshot art, and lighting a lot more. Those spotlights are useless on the slings. No sneeze guard either, not needed, never had a problem.

10984626_10203705202740343_532567401162316982_n.jpg10984626_10203705202740343_532567401162316982_n.jpg
11110295_10203705203020350_4162112893052469459_n.jpg11110295_10203705203020350_4162112893052469459_n.jpg

#2768 8 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Respectfully understand your call out. IMO Metallica is one of the fastest games i have played.

Can you tell me why you prefer Met over IM?

#2769 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Mine hit the dock yesterday. Moved in and it's playing fast and furious. I love it!

20150417_224756.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

would love to see a picture of the LED lit playfield, look awesome. Enjoy

#2770 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

I'm you're trying to choose between Met and IM, I don't think you can go wrong either way. I have them next to each other. 2 of John Borg's finest.

#2771 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm you're trying to choose between Met and IM, I don't think you can go wrong either way. I have them next to each other. 2 of John Borg's finest.

You're correct. The MET Pro is still easier to get, but I like the IM VE I played yesterday. The Met Pro was not playing that well at the location. I watched the tutorial video of Met and it looks pretty deep. Do you like one over the other?

#2772 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

You're correct. The MET Pro is still easier to get, but I like the IM VE I played yesterday. The Met Pro was not playing that well at the location. I watched the tutorial video of Met and it looks pretty deep. Do you like one over the other?

Like others have said already, you can't go wrong with either one. Does the theme on either one speak to you more personally? Me for example, I used to love Metallica back in the hayday, and i'm not much of a superhero guy. That makes decisions like these easy (had I been looking at both).

#2773 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Like others have said already, you can't go wrong with either one. Does the theme on either one speak to you more personally? Me for example, I used to love Metallica back in the hayday, and i'm not much of a superhero guy. That makes decisions like these easy (had I been looking at both).

For me it's more about game play. I want a game that keeps me coming back for more whether I have a good or bad game. I know IM does that already. I've played it at two different places and they were both like new. The MET I played yesterday wasn't playing that good so I couldn't get a good idea of game play. I watched Bowen play it on the video and it I liked how it played, but I really want to play it before I buy it. I was hoping someone in the MA area was on this thread and would allow me to come play their game.

#2774 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

I was hoping someone in the MA area was on this thread and would allow me to come play their game.

Hope you find one. Pinball locator shows about 4 in the boston area, 3 pros and an LE. Don't wait too long if you're looking for NIB. Who knows how long stern will be building them...

#2775 8 years ago

While playing last night, the magnet for the coffin lock "glitched!" It went into the playfield leaving the hole open, then the ball rolllled by, and just went into the hole, then the hammer came down. Things were normal from there the rest of night. Real weird. I already had to replace the upgraded magnet board once from Stern.

#2776 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

While playing last night, the magnet for the coffin lock "glitched!" It went into the playfield leaving the hole open, then the ball rolllled by, and just went into the hole, then the hammer came down. Things were normal from there the rest of night. Real weird. I already had to replace the upgraded magnet board once from Stern.

I see this happen maybe once every 50 games or so, or less. I'm putting it down as a glitch. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse or damaging anything. Just something that happens now and then.

#2777 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

If you're trying to choose between the two, I'd go with Metallica. I have both, but if one had to go, it would be Iron Man. Met is a lot deeper and will keep you interested longer.

#2778 8 years ago

This game really is brutal. Tonight I hit 150 games in 5 days and I am the only one who has played it. The sad thing is I have a couple 100+ million games, a bunch of 50-80 million games and a whole LOT of under 10 million games. Everyone talks about STTNG being a drain monster but after owning both, the outlanes on Metallica are deadly.

I have been going with the tactic of starting with sparky multiball since it's the fastest way to complete everything needed for Crank it Up. I seem to have a bit of trouble hitting the scoop though and find myself draining ball 3 with CIU lit, which really sucks.

#2779 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I seem to have a bit of trouble hitting the scoop though and find myself draining ball 3 with CIU lit, which really sucks.

You try the right orbit to left -> right flipper dead bounce to scoop shot? It works on some games.
Edit: think the game I did that on had the post divert disabled

#2780 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I did this over the weekend! Should have done it a long time ago. Free mods are nice, the left spotlight socket is re-routed to light up FUEL target area. With the spotlights removed, you can actually enjoy the slingshot art, and lighting a lot more. Those spotlights are useless on the slings. No sneeze guard either, not needed, never had a problem.
10984626_10203705202740343_532567401162316982_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11110295_10203705203020350_4162112893052469459_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I would prefer to have the middle playfield art lit, in your pics It looks very dark now?

#2781 8 years ago

I'm trying on the laserific flipper toppers. Only a few bucks, I figured I would try them out. Not completely sold but they might grow on me...

20150420_201217.jpg20150420_201217.jpg
#2782 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I would prefer to have the middle playfield art lit, in your pics It looks very dark now?

I'm with you, I even put a double spot light behind the little TV that's mounted above the Mystery hole plastic, can't really see them because they are behind the TV.

#2783 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

This game really is brutal. Tonight I hit 150 games in 5 days and I am the only one who has played it. The sad thing is I have a couple 100+ million games, a bunch of 50-80 million games and a whole LOT of under 10 million games. Everyone talks about STTNG being a drain monster but after owning both, the outlanes on Metallica are deadly.
I have been going with the tactic of starting with sparky multiball since it's the fastest way to complete everything needed for Crank it Up. I seem to have a bit of trouble hitting the scoop though and find myself draining ball 3 with CIU lit, which really sucks.

I hear you brother. I put over 550 games on my Met premium in the first month! I used to start with Sparky , but not anymore. The key to big scores is getting one or more hurry-up shots completed on the first ball. Now those shots remain completed for the rest of the game, helping you build towards multiple CIU modes. My favorite shots to complete are the right ramp and the Graveyard lane. It feels great when I get 2 CIU's in the same game, and I have made it to 3 CIU's in a game once or twice. When in CIU mode, do not cave in and cash out the collect if it is smallish(say, under 40M). Best thing you can do is get the fuel letters completed so the piston target is ready. Get your CIU collect up, then hit the piston target(doubling the playfield), then combo that right into the CIU scoop for a double collect. My largest collect by doing this was in For Whom and it was over 160M for the one shot! My best score is now 377M and to get your initials up at all on my Met you need at least 250M. Good luck and know that you are playing one of the best Stern's EVER!

#2784 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

My favorite shots to complete are the right ramp and the Graveyard lane.

I like finishing Graveyard early myself, because then you can hit it for other shots without moving the shot focus to it, makes it easier.

#2785 8 years ago

And it's been said before but I'll mirror those comments. Use Sparky MB to get CIU ready. The Jackpots are nice (and will still come) but to really blow out a game you need to get to CIU as much as possible and this is a big help when focusing on CIU during MB. After a good Sparky MB you can easily be a couple shots away from lighting CIU.

#2786 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The key to big scores is getting one or more hurry-up shots completed on the first ball. Now those shots remain completed for the rest of the game, helping you build towards multiple CIU modes.

Those shots will only remain completed if you don't start Seek and Destroy. All those inserts reset once S&D is started, so if you're trying for your second, third, and fourth CIU, it's best to avoid S&D, if possible.

#2787 8 years ago

Hell yeah! Just showed up!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#2788 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

#2789 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Can you post some pictures of the playfield all lit up? Enjoy it.

#2790 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Those shots will only remain completed if you don't start Seek and Destroy. All those inserts reset once S&D is started, so if you're trying for your second, third, and fourth CIU, it's best to avoid S&D, if possible.

It's a pity really, because S&D is fun, but you're right, it's almost stupid to start it.

#2791 8 years ago

Just got mine too! Has to wait in the garage until after work/gym though

#2792 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Can you post some pictures of the playfield all lit up? Enjoy it.

Oh yeah! putting together now.

Quoted from northvibe:

Just got mine too! Has to wait in the garage until after work/gym though

Getting this thing up the stairs was a work out.

#2793 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Getting this thing up the stairs was a work out.

In or out of the box?

#2794 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

In or out of the box?

In the box

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2795 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

In the box

Looks great. Thanks

#2796 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

I'm trying on the laserific flipper toppers. Only a few bucks, I figured I would try them out. Not completely sold but they might grow on me...

20150420_201217.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I like using the SS boney flippers. A little more expensive (around $25 at Pinball Life), but I think they fit the theme and that area perfectly.

boney flippers.jpgboney flippers.jpg

#2797 8 years ago

I finally picked one up yesterday from denmark71 and I already love it. I was going to wait for cointaker to get their new shipment in but I couldn't resist and I got a good deal. Now on with the mods

#2798 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I like using the SS boney flippers. A little more expensive (around $25 at Pinball Life), but I think they fit the theme and that area perfectly.
boney flippers.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Ya, I do like the bone flippers on it.

#2799 8 years ago

I got my game today! Looking forward to setting it up tonight after work. Had to wait a few extra days as the shipping truck broke down.

#2800 8 years ago

Hey guys, I am using the cliffy magnet protectors and the one in front of sparky keeps peeling up, any ideas how to get it to stick down better and not mess up the playfield?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 26.50
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.