2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 434.
#2701 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Look what showed up today!
I'm in the club

IMG_0753.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0758.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

That was fast!

#2702 9 years ago

I have been tracking my game and the truck broke down in NM. Geezz

#2703 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah that's not quite the same thing, the original Met had inc's in it.

So did the iron man. It's not the led vault version. It's the original version.

#2704 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I have been tracking my game and the truck broke down in NM. Geezz

Mine made it to the hub here in town tonight, but not scheduled out for delivery till Monday

#2705 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

So did the Iron Man. It's not the led vault version. It's the original version.

Yes. Looks like no one has put it in their early Met. I wonder how it would change the insert light show, expensive experiment.

#2706 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well with tax and shipping it would be about $450, I don't get where the extra cost is coming from, since it's an oddly specific number.

I have the pro led, it so the colordmd requires additional parts to mount (Resulting in the $486 price tag) i may just sell off something out of my 1:6 collection and pick it up. (My rational side of the brain tells me it's not practical at the cost, but my screw it side of the brain figures selling something equally impractical would even it out lol...)

#2707 9 years ago

Mine hit the dock yesterday. Moved in and it's playing fast and furious. I love it!

20150417_224756.jpg20150417_224756.jpg
#2708 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes. Looks like no one has put it in their early Met. I wonder how it would change the insert light show, expensive experiment.

I have an original Met Pro. It doesn't need an OCD board since none of the effects seem to use any fading. I have all LEDs in mine and there is no ghosting.

Now as others have said, I put an OCD in my original run Iron Man with LEDs and it made a HUGE improvement.

#2709 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How it changes it is that it smooths light lights on/off to look more like a real filament bulb -- it's a great improvement for any pin with LEDs in the inserts, period. If you get into the nuts and bolts of it, you can adjust the brightness of any insert and set the arc for the fade in/out. The videos kind of show you the effect, but it looks even better in person. A local that had us over to play recently had the LED OCD board in his Twilight Zone and it looks fantastic. Looking forward to doing my games whenever funds allow.

#2710 9 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I have an original Met Pro. It doesn't need an OCD board since none of the effects seem to use any fading. I have all LEDs in mine and there is no ghosting.
Now as others have said, I put an OCD in my original run Iron Man with LEDs and it made a HUGE improvement.

It's not just the ghosting/flickering/whatever - it's the sharp on/off of LEDs too. Maybe I'm just picky.

#2711 9 years ago

Color DMD in the house.

My favorite mods for the pro are service rails, color dmd and snake fangs. Also putting on the pinbits plastic set today.

MET.jpgMET.jpg
#2712 9 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Thanks Robert, I have the board in T3, Avatar LE and NASCAR and they make a night and day diff. since all of them have insert fading effects. My Refinery Met came with leds so I don't know what it originally looked like.

#2713 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

How it changes it is that it smooths light lights on/off to look more like a real filament bulb -- it's a great improvement for any pin with LEDs in the inserts, period. If you get into the nuts and bolts of it, you can adjust the brightness of any insert and set the arc for the fade in/out. The videos kind of show you the effect, but it looks even better in person. A local that had us over to play recently had the LED OCD board in his Twilight Zone and it looks fantastic. Looking forward to doing my games whenever funds allow.

Thanks but I have them in 3 games already and know what they do, I was wondering about original Met's.

#2714 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Color DMD in the house.
My favorite mods for the pro are service rails, color dmd and snake fangs. Also putting on the pinbits plastic set today.

Gotta have the tongue sticker for the snake to go with the fangs, too.

#2715 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks but I have them in 3 games already and know what they do, I was wondering about original Met's.

Well then your question seems ridiculous. Don't have one in another stern you could just move over and test out?

#2716 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Absolutley. .

#2717 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

I have the pro led, it so the colordmd requires additional parts to mount (Resulting in the $486 price tag) i may just sell off something out of my 1:6 collection and pick it up. (My rational side of the brain tells me it's not practical at the cost, but my screw it side of the brain figures selling something equally impractical would even it out lol...)

$30 for mounting hardware??????

I did a ColorDMD on my ACDC LED Pro, and it cost maybe $2.00 in hardware.

#2718 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

That was fast!

Very fast! Shipped Wednesday and in my gameroom less than 48 hours later.
Game was built April 8.... talk about that new game smell!

#2719 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Color DMD in the house.

MET.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I will never, EVER understand why Stern hosed their "poor" home audience with the "service posts" instead of the rails. Lastnight, I installed the cliffy for the transition from ball trough to shooter lane on ACDC. Without the service rails, there would have been no way in hell it would have happened by myself.

Look, I get it, as years go on so do costs of supplies, but not THAT much. When I see Stern titles jumping from $3500 to $5000 in 8 years, there's some strong profit going on.

Pay more, get less. Thanks Stern.

I am a sucker though. All this bitching, and you still got my money.

#2720 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Well then your question seems ridiculous. Don't have one in another stern you could just move over and test out?

I know, I know, I guess I'm just lazy, thought I could get a quick answer here.

#2721 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

and don't forget about the under pf flasher for it.

#2722 9 years ago

MET has to be the easiest game I've shopped yet. Pleasantly surprised by that, in & out quickly no troubles at all. First game with the sparky protector... that is definitely a must-have for Metallica. So smooth compared to all that bouncing around!

#2723 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Color DMD in the house.

MET.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Did you need any extra hardware to install the ColorDMD or was everything you needed in the box?

#2724 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Did you need any extra hardware to install the ColorDMD or was everything you needed in the box?

It came with everything I needed, but I have an older incandescent pro converted to led. I haven't seen the new led pros but from what I gather they have a different speaker panel design.

#2725 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

$30 for mounting hardware??????
I did a ColorDMD on my ACDC LED Pro, and it cost maybe $2.00 in hardware.

The additional mounting hardware was $24 extra. I assume the additional $6 was due to taxes on the added items and shipping.

What surprised me was also the shipping cost. I used to have an online store (up until last summer) and an item of this size shipped within the state shouldn't cost more than $14 expedited. but it's not my company so I'm not privy to how they configure their costs...

#2726 9 years ago

Hooked just needs two more people to make a run of met spinner kits!!

#2727 9 years ago

what was the cost again for those? I may be in for one

#2728 9 years ago

what was the cost again for those? I may be in for one

I believe it was $100 shipped on the last run that he did, in my opinion it is the best mod for this game, do not hesitate to deal with hooked , he does a great job putting them together and fast shipping

#2729 8 years ago

I have hooked's pop bumper caps for metallica. Love them

#2730 8 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find the plastic Sparky air ball protector?

#2731 8 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Does anyone know where I can find the plastic Sparky air ball protector?

Haha. I was just asking about the protector alone as well. We have to call some people I guess to see if they'll sell that alone

#2732 8 years ago

I have hooked's pop bumper caps for metallica. Love them

I also have hooked pop bumber caps. They are awesome looking

#2733 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Haha. I was just asking about the protector alone as well. We have to call some people I guess to see if they'll sell that alone

Rickwh makes them. They are the clear protectors which I like better than the neon yellow. Pm him and he'll get it to you.

#2734 8 years ago

I second Rickwh for the Sparky protector.

#2735 8 years ago

Can someone post a picture of Rickwh's sparky protector installed?
Thanks

#2736 8 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Can someone post a picture of Rickwh's sparky protector installed?
Thanks

Yep.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/34#post-2060357

#2738 8 years ago

met01.jpgmet01.jpgmet02.jpgmet02.jpgmet04.jpgmet04.jpgmet03.jpgmet03.jpgmet05.jpgmet05.jpg

Bought some led light strips and made up new backbox lighting. Really looks good with orange or yellow lit up behind it.

#2739 8 years ago

I played this at a bowling alley here in MA and it wasn't as fast as I thought it was going to be. Is that the way the game plays or do you think this one wasn't right?

#2740 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

I played this at a bowling alley here in MA and it wasn't as fast as I thought it was going to be. Is that the way the game plays or do you think this one wasn't right?

I think it should definitely play as fast as you think it should play.

#2741 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

that one wasn't right

#2742 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I think it should definitely play as fast as you think it should play.

Let me re-phrase it, It was no where near the quickness and in your face as Iron Man or Tron. The ball seemed to get hung up which slowed game play.

#2743 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Let me re-phrase it, It was no where near the quickness and in your face as Iron Man or Tron. The ball seemed to get hung up which slowed game play.

You should watch some gameplay video (try www.pinballvideos.com) to compare, but it probably wasn't set up properly.

#2744 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Owned Iron Man (twice). Let me re-phrase it. That game wasn't right.

#2745 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrlbrwn88:

met01.jpg (Click image to enlarge)met02.jpg (Click image to enlarge)met04.jpg (Click image to enlarge)met03.jpg (Click image to enlarge)met05.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Bought some led light strips and made up new backbox lighting. Really looks good with orange or yellow lit up behind it.

How did you wire that up

#2746 8 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Owned Iron Man (twice). Let me re-phrase it. That game wasn't right.

you didn't re-phrase anything you wrote???

#2747 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

you didn't re-phrase anything you wrote???

sorry. should have used the sarcasm icon.

#2748 8 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

sorry. should have used the sarcasm icon.

It would be nice if someone could come on asking for feed back actually get an intelligent response and not an attack in a defensive tone.

#2749 8 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

How did you wire that up

12v power from plug coming from power box by coin door. LED controller with remote.

#2750 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

It would be nice if someone could come on asking for feed back actually get an intelligent response and not an attack in a defensive tone.

Respectfully understand your call out. IMO Metallica is one of the fastest games i have played.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

There are 21,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.