Topic Stats

• 16,934 posts
  • 953 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 minutes ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 362 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,879 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

443B3BD0-D20F-43ED-99FD-399687AEC9EC (resized).jpeg
396E8D10-4B48-4BD2-A390-8A60353B8740 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9556.JPG
IMG_9555.JPG
IMG_9559.JPG
944ED964-8F82-404F-A095-CAB0DCD9383D (resized).jpeg
7FA19559-CBD0-4C75-857C-09E37563B632 (resized).jpeg
20191127_173238 (resized).jpg
IMG_4838 (resized).JPG
20191102_232801 (resized).jpg
B37D4A93-7389-4E67-89C1-E0CA273E05D7 (resized).jpeg
867D6ECA-1374-4625-8C81-8D285482D93F (resized).jpeg
9AD0BED3-F233-40F4-946D-148F96BA06F9 (resized).jpeg
2E26B847-FAFD-43C3-AB6B-9C6A6468FDC3 (resized).jpeg
21D28BDA-F70F-4819-A77F-6F29E95BA5C6 (resized).jpeg
AE54BDEC-98AA-4CC8-9BBD-0FBE9ACB53EF (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16934 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 339.
#2551 4 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Ordered my pro today, thinking about getting a colorDMD to install when it shows up. Really wanted to see how the hd up scaling looks, if it half as good as Acdc I'm sold

Well it's going to be in full color shortly, and it's going to look better than ACDC, only because it has such amazing dots. So I'd just order away personally.

#2552 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well it's going to be in full color shortly, and it's going to look better than ACDC, only because it has such amazing dots. So I'd just order away personally.

Awesome! going to order then! Hype train is pulling into the station!

#2553 4 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Awesome! going to order then! Hype train is pulling into the station!

TOOT TOOOOOT!

This one is gonna live up to the hype. I honestly can't think of a game with better dots than Metallica, they really did an amazing job with it. So many awesome animations. It's going to really come to life in color. I can't wait!

#2554 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Nor does the hammer.....?
Maybe I don't get the joke.

Me either I guess. Couple people with bad boards that have all been replaced under warantee. Come to think of it I've never seen a JM with a glove that wasn't working or the GI burnt out. Sarcasm.

Not sure why it always has to be a "this game is better than that game" argument around here. I actually enjoy JM but the fact is the glove slows that game down way more than the hammer on MET. Shoot, if the hammer someone off that much, just turn it to virtual lock. No more slow down. I for one think the coolness factor of it far outweighs the couple of seconds it takes to get another ball in play.

#2555 4 years ago

It is not about one game being better than the other. All I pointed out is both games have toys that slow down the game. Whether it be 3-4 seconds or 10 seconds, they both slow the game down. Meh.

as far as my personal preference, I just like being able to see the pf without the right flipper area being blocked.

There was no joke in the hammer comment. Multiple pinsiders documented the hammer popping fuses and melting down transistors.

#2556 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Couple people with bad boards that have all been replaced under warantee.

Just pointing this out, that is an awfully conclusive statement. Not picking a fight, but I'd love to know how you know they've all been taken care of.

#2557 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Just pointing this out, that is an awfully conclusive statement. Not picking a fight, but I'd love to know how you know they've all been taken care of.

Do you know anyone that Stern made them buy a new board? If that occurred I promise you it would be plastered all over the forum. I know several people that had theirs replaced as the second owner of the pin while outside of the waranttee as written. That is where my assumption comes from. Yes, it's an assumption but I think it's a fairly safe one though.

Fair enough that there wasn't a joke behind that.

#2558 4 years ago

the hammer+capture ball is a nice feature for sure

but (even if lots are not agree) i still say, for having played a LE last week, that the hammer hide a part of the view of the playfield, including sparky right side, and than no regret for getting a pro here

btw, one of the best pin actually, absolutly no wrong for buying one, pro, prem, or le

#2559 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

TOOT TOOOOOT!
This one is gonna live up to the hype. I honestly can't think of a game with better dots than Metallica, they really did an amazing job with it. So many awesome animations. It's going to really come to life in color. I can't wait!

Makes you wonder how they can do such great dots with MET and TWD, but with ST they aren't so good.

Rob

#2560 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Makes you wonder how they can do such great dots with MET and TWD, but with ST they aren't so good.
Rob

Some people have more talent than others. All the artists that worked on metallica did a great job. They really put something special together.

#2561 4 years ago

I don't know about any transistors being blown out, haven't heard of that on. A couple people had the #7 fuse blow which controls the magnets, but this happened on TWD too.

I mean the guy has both side by side, might as well inbox the premium and play it. He won't be disappointed for sure!!!

#2562 4 years ago

If you're trying to figure out if you should keep a premium or a pro, you can't make a bad choice. I have a pro and my buddy has a premium. They're both awesome.

The hammer isn't for everyone. Personally I don't care for it because I don't like how it looks. I think it's a great mech with a dumb casing. It doesn't slow down play for more than a few seconds. The only thing it might do is save you from draining on the lock shot.

The snake holding the ball on the premium is cool. Again it only makes things a tiny bit easier because you have less balls in play on occasion.

The spinners are cool, but don't add a lot to the gameplay.

The cross raising out of the ground is meh.

The light show on the premium is much better than the pro. You miss out on a lot of cool lighting effects when playing a pro.

All in all you won't miss those things when you're playing a pro. The gameplay is so good you don't think about any of it.

#2563 4 years ago

^^^^ All those great things being said, I may honestly miss it since I am considering selling my Pro.

#2564 4 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Anybody running colorDMD with hd scaling? I looked on YouTube but didn't see any videos.

Here is a video I took for Gio so he could show off the badass lighting effects. He tied in the flasher colors to the DMD.

#2565 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

The hammer isn't for everyone. Personally I don't care for it because I don't like how it looks. I think it's a great mech with a dumb casing.

Agreed, but I fixed that.

Hammer of Justice

#2566 4 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Here is a video I took for Gio so he could show off the badass lighting effects. He tied in the flasher colors to the DMD.
ยป YouTube video

Thanks! That's awesome! Can't wait till the full color is done.

#2567 4 years ago

I talked with Melissa at Cointaker and she said the new MET led pro has 2 improvements or add ons, anybody know what they are?

#2568 4 years ago

Improvements over the last batch of LED Pros or improvements over the original Pros? The two main improvements over the original is LEDs of course, and the new backbox.

#2569 4 years ago

There are improvements over the last batch of led pros according to Melissa...

#2570 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Do you know anyone that Stern made them buy a new board? If that occurred I promise you it would be plastered all over the forum. I know several people that had theirs replaced as the second owner of the pin while outside of the waranttee as written.

I'm on my third board. The first one was covered. The second one was not.

#2571 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Games never leaving my house!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg

You know I've never been able to get those volume up or down buttons to work on my metallica.

#2572 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed, but I fixed that.
Hammer of Justice (Click image to enlarge)

Your coffin magnet looks way off center! Plus your snake jaw looks a bit high too...

Rob

#2573 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Your coffin magnet looks way off center! Plus your snake jaw looks a bit high too...
Rob

Eye of the beholder is a good Metallica song.

#2574 4 years ago

I just pulled the trigger on the sigma color DMD to have on hand when full color code is released. Sill very pleased with Met gameplay, and I expect to have it around for a long time.

#2575 4 years ago

I haven't played much of MET pro in the last 3 months.

I played one game on the one at MPE on Thrusday. Played four games at home this weekend. Had fun. I still don't care for the dead-end bash-happy shots in the middle - but it's still a grin of a game. May have to reconsider the future of this game in my arcade.....

#2576 4 years ago

I just pulled the trigger on a colorDMD also for my master of puppets from what I understand full color for Metallica should be released sometime this month and I can't wait. I also just pulled the trigger on a set of Metallica laser cut side rails powder coated to match the silver

image.jpg
#2577 4 years ago

Ooh, those side rails look awesome.

#2578 4 years ago

Do you have a link for the side rails? Id like to get a set of them for my pro. I like the lollipop/metallica shape, but prefer them not say ride the lightning upt the side.... Id want them black to match the normal pro armor too.

#2579 4 years ago

I got them from my friend Erik at www.pin-protection.com shoot them an email to see if he has any left I think he said he had 2sets left in black

#2580 4 years ago

Would be interested to know if anyone has the LE Flyer at all? Have been trying to track one down for ages and would love one to frame with my COA and ticket stub!

#2581 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Multiple pinsiders documented the hammer popping fuses and melting down transistors.

This is news to me, and I've followed almost all Met threads to my knowledge, particularly in the early days. I saw people have a few magnet fuses go - some on pros too actually IIRC; but no blown transistors, or anything specific to the hammer.

*shrug* either way the hammer lock is badass. Possibly the best physical lock in pinball history, certainly in the top 3. If you don't like it you're entitled to your opinion but naturally imo you are so very wrong

#2582 4 years ago

20122_10203661869697044_9180524810072312980_n.jpgSince owning my Metallica premium since July, I have had to replace magnet board and CPU board on the machine. Matter of fact, I just did the CPU swap a few days ago, my machine was down for months. If you notice in the picture the ROM on the board is AC/DC, the ROM on original board just said "pinball boost" , Oh well it works, got it fixed and I have sound again. Both times Stern covered the boards. I want in on the colorDMD, I read someone bought a colorDMD already? So they are out now? If not, why are people buying now? Fill me in, post a link to where to buy? Thanks

#2583 4 years ago

I'm a soon to be Metallic Pro LED owner. I have one on order as of today!

#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I want in on the colorDMD, I read someone bought a colorDMD already? So they are out now? If not, why are people buying now? Fill me in, post a link to where to buy? Thanks

The color will be out soon, so I just went ahead and stuck a ColorDMD in my pin to be ready. I have it set to white with DotXL, looks awesome. Will be even better in full color of course.

#2585 4 years ago

Just found out that the local freight company has been calling and leaving messages on my home voice mail since last Thursday. Taking the day off tomorrow to be home to take delivery of my LED Pro. Hopefully all goes well and I can join the club tomorrow! =)

#2586 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm only in if someone at stern sneaks code in for them on the pro.

Get the spinners regardless. I've had them on my Pro for a long time. I can't imagine being without them.

They actually tie in nicely to the pick targets. Nice drum roll when you nail the spinners. And you can only collect one pick at a time so there's no scoring imbalance as some people think.

#2587 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

20122_10203661869697044_9180524810072312980_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)Since owning my Metallica premium since July, I have had to replace magnet board and CPU board on the machine. Matter of fact, I just did the CPU swap a few days ago, my machine was down for months. If you notice in the picture the ROM on the board is AC/DC, the ROM on original board just said "pinball boost" , Oh well it works, got it fixed and I have sound again. Both times Stern covered the boards. I want in on the colorDMD, I read someone bought a colorDMD already? So they are out now? If not, why are people buying now? Fill me in, post a link to where to buy? Thanks

Glad they got you fixed up Jeff!

#2588 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The color will be out soon, so I just went ahead and stuck a ColorDMD in my pin to be ready. I have it set to white with DotXL, looks awesome. Will be even better in full color of course.

Sweet! So you can get the display which is $399 and when the color firmware comes out you just get the downloaded firmware for free? I gotta get this!

#2589 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Glad they got you fixed up Jeff!

I had it since February to install, just got it done on Sunday, lol.

#2590 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Get the spinners regardless. I've had them on my Pro for a long time. I can't imagine being without them.
They actually tie in nicely to the pick targets. Nice drum roll when you nail the spinners. And you can only collect one pick at a time so there's no scoring imbalance as some people think.

The problem is that Fade to Black (CIU) is programmed on the Pro to require fewer switch hits than on the Premium/LE, so this mod makes this one mode -- and possibly getting super jackpots in Electric Chair MB, because it's also switch hit related, right? -- easier than it should be.

#2591 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Sweet! So you can get the display which is $399 and when the color firmware comes out you just get the downloaded firmware for free? I gotta get this!

Yes, all their updates are free, you just pay for the display. You could move it from your Metallica to another game and load in a different color file even.

But once Metallica is in color you won't want to take it out.

#2592 4 years ago

The coffin window on my Metallica is slightly opaque. Is that the case normally. I spoke with my vendor who indicated that the ones they had on their floor were like that too. In way of reference, sort of like the early AC/DC lower play field issue - but not quite as bad. thanks

#2593 4 years ago

I am a member! Met Pro LED just arrived...

#2594 4 years ago

oh yeah - and re: the manual - is is just a standard Stern paper backed manual that comes with the game. I thought I read somewhere that it was something more exotic - or maybe a simple Manual is exotic for Stern these days

#2595 4 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

The coffin window on my Metallica is slightly opaque. Is that the case normally. I spoke with my vendor who indicated that the ones they had on their floor were like that too. In way of reference, sort of like the early AC/DC lower play field issue - but not quite as bad. thanks

I haven't heard this one on Metallica. Mine is clear as glass. Probably a bad batch of plastics, it happens.

#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

My Pro's window is the same.

#2598 4 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

The coffin window on my Metallica is slightly opaque. Is that the case normally.

Do you have the Pro or the Prem/LE?

#2599 4 years ago

Premium/le
Playfield with see through window

#2600 4 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

I would say mine is cloudy too.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 16934 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 339.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside