Topic Stats

• 16,869 posts
  • 948 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Kawydud
  • Topic is favorited by 358 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,855 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16869 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 338.
#2501 4 years ago

Buying through a distributor.

#2502 4 years ago
Quoted from SuaSponte275:

Buying through a distributor.

You should be able to just ask them then. But if you get it home and it's got the old board your distributor can get it from Stern for you.

#2503 4 years ago

Thanks, for the help. Hopefully this will be sitting in my room in a week or 2.

#2504 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can adjust this in the settings, but generally speaking you have to hit one more each time you complete them. I set the first round to one instead of two so it wouldn't take quite so long.

I played with that same setting for a while to test it out as well, and I really think this should be made the default setting in a future update. I still didn't see Blackened mode that frequently, not enough that it felt too easy anway, and it just makes more sense to have the pick sets go 1-2-3-4 rather than 2-3-4-5 to get 4 band members. I felt it played better that way.

#2505 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That sucks. I've had it happen several times too. Feel screwed when it happens but then I realize it was my fault for shooting weak balls up there.
P.S. - Put a 3 light LED strip under the plastic on the left of that lane. You'll thank me later as it looks like they missed something by not putting GI there.
IMG_6127.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That coffin magnet looks really off center.

Rob

#2506 4 years ago
Quoted from SuaSponte275:

So I'm looking at purchasing a NIB Met prem.. It's going to be my first Pin ever owned. After reading through this thread there was talk about upgrading the board. If you guys wouldn't mind tossing me what questions I need to ask when buying said Pin. I appreciate any help with this.<2>

I got my LED Pro in January and it already had the newest software on it. You are gonna LOVE this machine.

#2507 4 years ago

Seems to be my guests fave machine.

#2508 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That coffin magnet looks really off center.
Rob

Huh? It's right in the center and the hole even has perfect registration. Maybe the camera angle is playing with things for you.

#2509 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I never answered your question before.
-Number one - nudging is your friend, embrace it. It will keep the ball out of the outlanes. Use dead bounces as much as possible. Flailing is the enemy!
-Master the fuel lane and mystery scoop shoots. Tons of potential points rely on you being able to hit those two shots!
So here is a typical "good" scoring game for me
-I shoot for lighting the inserts toward CIU on the ramps and loops right away. Complete those and lock them in. You will get to CIU way faster. ie. The big points.
-I go for the coffin locks first. I often accidentally hit sparky enough to start his multiball first. During this multiball I usually get the extra ball lit from coffin bashing.
-At this point I'm usually ready for a CIU. I go for FTB or FWTBT first.
-During CIU try to hit sparky, snake, cross and coffin to light the mystery scoop. Hit several shots and then go for the fuel lane. This gives you 2x scoring. Hit the scoop. Collect the cash out option on the CIU and you get double points. It's not uncommon to get over 100mil from cashing out on the CIU 2x jackpot.
-At this point I'm usually close to coffin and I try to stack immediately with sparky or cross when I start coffin multiball.
-Then you are usually close to another CIU, Seek and Destroy, Blackened, etc.
-On a really good game I will at least reach the above goals.
This game is so much more than bash sparky/ rinse/ repeat. Truly one of the greatest games IMO.
Hope this helps and gives some goals to aim for. I am absolutely positive that you can find other/better strategies but this is just my fair to middling strategy.

Great post, thanks.

OK, so, I follow the blue arror...I light all the items (snake, cross, electric/switch) and the whole thing kind of pulsates with the blue arrow staying on the area where I've lit all those on (lets say, the grave marker area)...What are you supposed to do then? Shouldnt the blue arrow move to another area? It moves around UNTIL I've lit all the targets for a particular area..Thanks for the help!

#2510 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Great post, thanks.
OK, so, I follow the blue arror...I light all the items (snake, cross, electric/switch) and the whole thing kind of pulsates with the blue arrow staying on the area where I've lit all those on (lets say, the grave marker area)...What are you supposed to do then? Shouldnt the blue arrow move to another area? It moves around UNTIL I've lit all the targets for a particular area..Thanks for the help!

When a row is all lit and blinking, you hit the captive ball/Hammer, which should also be glowing. I don't know how much time they give you, but it's kind of a hurry up. When you hit the captive ball/Hammer, the blinking lane/ramp will go solid, and it's one step out of five toward S & D. It's better not to start S & D before CIU because all the inserts you have lit count toward CIU. Once you start S & D, all those lit inserts disappear. When you finish your first CIU, you can continue to shoot for lanes/ramps toward your next CIU, instead of the more dangerous/unpredictable toys.

#2511 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

OK, so, I follow the blue arror...I light all the items (snake, cross, electric/switch) and the whole thing kind of pulsates with the blue arrow staying on the area where I've lit all those on (lets say, the grave marker area)...What are you supposed to do then?

Once you get them all lit you hit the shot one last time, they all start pulsing, and it starts a hurry up where you need to hit the captive ball / hammer shot.

#2512 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

When a row is all lit and blinking, you hit the captive ball/Hammer, which should also be glowing. I don't know how much time they give you, but it's kind of a hurry up. When you hit the captive ball/Hammer, the blinking lane/ramp will go solid, and it's one step out of five toward S & D. It's better not to start S & D before CIU because all the inserts you have lit count toward CIU. Once you start S & D, all those lit inserts disappear. When you finish your first CIU, you can continue to shoot for lanes/ramps toward your next CIU, instead of the more dangerous/unpredictable toys.

got it. Will try. thanks!

#2513 4 years ago

Do many of you have the shaker motor installed on the Pro? I'm curious how well it is incorporated into the game. Thanks.

#2514 4 years ago

Definitely integrated well for pro. Get one!

#2515 4 years ago

I'm still torn whether I should keep the led pro or the monster premium version in my collection

I have both NIB sitting side by side but my gameroom isn't finished yet so no place to unpack and play for another year.

Need the cash soon for other NIB purchase so can't keep both.

So which is the one to keep?

#2516 4 years ago

Prem without a doubt!

#2517 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

my gameroom isn't finished yet so no place to unpack and play for another year.

WUT!? How do you deal with that? I would go insane!

#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

WUT!? How do you deal with that? I would go insane!

The chase is better than the catch sometimes; at least I got it at retail price and not at an insane price later on.

#2519 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I'm still torn whether I should keep the led pro or the monster premium version in my collection
I have both NIB sitting side by side but my gameroom isn't finished yet so no place to unpack and play for another year.
Need the cash soon for other NIB purchase so can't keep both.
So which is the one to keep?

what the... why are you even thinking?! The prem is the way to go. I couldn't find one

#2520 4 years ago

If you need the money I say sell the Premium and pocket an extra $2k+. IMO the big, ugly hammer and other minor changes weren't worth the extra dough.

#2521 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

If you need the money I say sell the Premium and pocket an extra $2k+. IMO the big, ugly hammer and other minor changes weren't worth the extra dough.

The hammer isn't that bad, and there isn't many toys out there that compete with the satisfaction of pounding the ball through the playfield.

Keep the premium no doubt.

#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The hammer isn't that bad, and there isn't many toys out there that compete with the satisfaction of pounding the ball through the playfield.

slows the game down, blocks middle of pf, not worth the money.

the LED lightshow and coding on the other hand, FANTASTIC

#2523 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

the LED lightshow and coding on the other hand, FANTASTIC

Been playing it since the game came out and The Hammer does not block anything and is a Great Toy,Smashing Balls into the Playfield is awesome...worth the money,Love It !

#2524 4 years ago

I personally don't think activating a cool physical ball lock every once in a while is something that "slows the game down".

It definitely plays better if you replace the block with the Pro style captive ball though!

#2525 4 years ago

Games never leaving my house!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2526 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Games never leaving my house!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg

Mine neither!!

As far as game speed, even the fastest speed, a little ball interaction is a good thing. Its not like it hammers the ball every time it hit the block. Nor does it block the playfield much. Its a worthwhile tradeoff

#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Mine neither!!
As far as game speed, even the fastest speed, a little ball interaction is a good thing. Its not like it hammers the ball every time it hit the block. Nor does it block the playfield much. Its a worthwhile tradeoff

most people when I tell them don't realize that on the le and premium the snake mouth comes into play. The snake will close his mouth and hide the ball from u during certain modes.. U can force him to open it with a certain amount of hits, lock a ball in there, and get it back after...The pro doesn't do this...the hammer isn't a game changer.. The snake mouth is a game changer

#2528 4 years ago

MetallicA pin is the best thing that happend in Pinball
for me .

#2529 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I personally don't think activating a cool physical ball lock every once in a while is something that "slows the game down".
It definitely plays better if you replace the block with the Pro style captive ball though!

it adds stop and go to the machine whereas the pro does not. I love the premium and LE, but honestly would rather play a pro. I am crazy and such, but that's what I enjoy

#2530 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

most people when I tell them don't realize that on the le and premium the snake mouth comes into play. The snake will close his mouth and hide the ball from u during certain modes.. U can force him to open it with a certain amount of hits, lock a ball in there, and get it back after...The pro doesn't do this...the hammer isn't a game changer.. The snake mouth is a game changer

agree with this, the snake adds more fun than the pro does. that, the spinners, and the LED show make the premium/le niooooce.

#2531 4 years ago

it adds stop and go to the machine whereas the pro does not.

It really doesn't though. Stop and go means something totally different in terms of play style. We're talking about locking the ball, which happens pretty rarely in the scheme of shooting. I pretty much can't think of any instance where I prefer a virtual ball lock over a physical one.

I think the hammer is too big, which is why I designed a new one, but the actual locking mechanism is pretty awesome.

#2532 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It really doesn't though. Stop and go means something totally different in terms of play style. We're talking about locking the ball, which happens pretty rarely in the scheme of shooting

yes, but you do have to wait for the ball to get magnetized, then 'hammered' through the pf. then you play the next ball. the pro just keeps rockin gameplay as Robert states "balls in the casket"

there is a difference, I suppose we can agree to disagree

#2533 4 years ago

If we can get 10 pinsiders who will go in on the spinners then hooked will do another run. PM me and I will consolidate a list to forward. I will start with one so nine more to go.

#2534 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

If we can get 10 pinsiders who will go in on the spinners then hooked will do another run. PM me and I will consolidate a list to forward. I will start with one so nine more to go.

I'm only in if someone at stern sneaks code in for them on the pro.

#2535 4 years ago

Had from pinball refinery already the magnificent light mod but it could be overwhelming. Added on top an extra sticker on top and now the balance is much better IMO

Great way to go Steve !!

Must have mod now with the pinblades

image.jpg
#2536 4 years ago

Will be a member next week! My distributer has confirmed my PRO LED from the second run will be delivered next week! Can't wait!

#2537 4 years ago

I am still waiting for my confirmation. Do you know what day your order was placed with Stern? With Stern shutting down Tuesday to move to the new factory, we are running out of time for a delivery next week.

#2538 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I am still waiting for my confirmation. Do you know what day your order was placed with Stern? With Stern shutting down Tuesday to move to the new factory, we are running out of time for a delivery next week.

i do not bro

#2539 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Had from pinball refinery already the magnificent light mod but it could be overwhelming. Added on top an extra sticker on top and now the balance is much better IMO
Great way to go Steve !!
Must have mod now with the pinblades

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yea I think that will be my next mod. I have those pinblades and want to see how they look!!

#2540 4 years ago

I put the extra sticker on top and that REALLY made a big diff. Not blinding at all now. But it's another $18 shipped.

#2541 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Tell every Johnny Mnemonic basher that.

"The glove slows things way down man........that suxxxxxxxxxxxxx.....!!"

Yet a hammer does the same thing and it's cool .

#2542 4 years ago

I'm not a JM basher, cool game. But the glove is activated a lot more often than the hammer, and takes longer to do.

I mean, hit captive ball, ball is captured by magnet, hammer slams down. By default a new ball is launched into playfield (I turn this off, prefer to plunge myself).

It's really not a big deal. I can't think of a another title where people complain a cool physical ball lock.

#2543 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Tell every Johnny Mnemonic basher that.
"The glove slows things way down man........that suxxxxxxxxxxxxx.....!!"
Yet a hammer does the same thing and it's cool .

Yeah, way off there.

JM Glove - Easily happens 5+ times more often than the hammer. It also takes about 10 seconds from catch to drop.

Hammer - 3-4 seconds between catch and new ball in PF.

Apples to oranges there.

#2544 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Greetings bro! Order was placed on March 25th. Hope that helps. Best, Charlie

#2545 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

(I turn this off, prefer to plunge myself).

Awww yeeeah - pickin up those bonus skill shots!

#2546 4 years ago

Anybody running colorDMD with hd scaling? I looked on YouTube but didn't see any videos.

#2547 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yeah, way off there.
JM Glove - Easily happens 5+ times more often than the hammer. It also takes about 10 seconds from catch to drop.
Hammer - 3-4 seconds between catch and new ball in PF.
Apples to oranges there.

Yeah, you're right.

The glove also doesn't blow transistors.

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yeah, you're right.
The glove also doesn't blow transistors.

Nor does the hammer.....?

Maybe I don't get the joke.

#2549 4 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Anybody running colorDMD with hd scaling? I looked on YouTube but didn't see any videos.

Nah, I have a ColorDMD on my Metallica, but it's set to white DotXL, and I love it. Until I get full color at least!

#2550 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nah, I have a ColorDMD on my Metallica, but it's set to white DotXL, and I love it. Until I get full color at least!

Ordered my pro today, thinking about getting a colorDMD to install when it shows up. Really wanted to see how the hd up scaling looks, if it half as good as Acdc I'm sold

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
There are 16869 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside