Topic Stats

• 16,964 posts
  • 953 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 363 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,894 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B79AB09F-45D2-4E99-A0EE-A27A0139B943 (resized).jpeg
C6E859CB-68E8-45B0-9CF1-8E077B46D2D8 (resized).jpeg
72463592-DA55-4248-B3E2-4DE49A561B47 (resized).jpeg
ED8C25B9-270F-4103-9300-54B5BD3E20B2 (resized).jpeg
0F4786B6-5662-4609-8DE1-42934C8860A5 (resized).jpeg
D6016DC2-F081-4DAB-89EF-4E2EA627121B (resized).jpeg
4D4BCC10-A674-46F9-A4F5-C1C96862374F (resized).jpeg
0AF70FD9-9718-4A7B-9CA4-A221CE3FC8D7 (resized).jpeg
Capture.JPG
367860A4-9C68-4D81-BB79-1BC1FB21F38E (resized).jpeg
41F11C40-5421-4B13-A138-F7DCF0FAF3F8 (resized).jpeg
20190715_121505 (resized).jpg
20180305_174038_006 (resized).jpg
20170129_124250 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
443B3BD0-D20F-43ED-99FD-399687AEC9EC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16964 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 340.
#2451 4 years ago

I need to paint Sparky more often. I won't top this for a while, lol..

IMG_20150326_144640356.jpg

#2452 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I need to paint Sparky more often. I won't top this for a while, lol..
IMG_20150326_144640356.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

great score!!!

What did you go for? I still cant ever decide where to spend my time when I play and my score shows it!!

#2453 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

What did you go for? I still cant ever decide where to spend my time when I play and my score shows it!!

I started focusing on getting Fuel lit, then starting 2x scoring, then whichever multiball is closest or CIU (if lit) and my scores started going way up. Focusing on 2x (and then 4x in MB) is where it's at.

#2454 4 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

So, what does the special feature do? Does it just give a free game replay when going down the outlane?

It will give you whatever SPECIAL is set to. Usually the default is a free game, but you can change it to an extra ball, ticket, etc.

#2455 4 years ago

Aurich has th best advice regarding customizing sparky, prime it first, use a good primer, something like Mr. Surface or tamiya primer. Then use quality paints. Finish with a sealer.

#2456 4 years ago

When I painted my Sparky I took him apart, so I could properly reach all the areas. I primed him grey using an automotive primer:

http://amzn.com/B001DKLOHO

And then painted him with a variety of brands of acrylic paints, mostly Liquitex and Createx, though I think the metal paints I used were actually a Martha Stewart brand.

I clear coated with a matte spray, and then coated the tongue with a gloss medium.

sparky.jpg

#2457 4 years ago

I actually really dig your sparky, one of my fav's (also love that day of the dead sparky). Some of those automotive paints come out hot but I may give this kind a shot (always nice to try new brands) also I enjoy seeing a mixture of glossy and matte and glossy finishes

#2458 4 years ago

Aurich, your Sparky looks great. I will be joining the club very soon, just waiting for my Led Pro to be built. I am planning to custom paint mine also. Haven't decided on a theme yet. You did an excellent job.

#2459 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Aurich, your Sparky looks great. I will be joining the club very soon, just waiting for my Led Pro to be built. I am planning to custom paint mine also. Haven't decided on a theme yet. You did an excellent job.

The wait is painful!

#2460 4 years ago

I still think a Napster (Shawn Fanning) version of Sparky would be cool.

Shawn fanning Sparky.jpg

#2461 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Thanks! Was a fun weekend project.

#2462 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I still think a Napster (Shawn Fanning) version of Sparky would be cool.
Shawn fanning Sparky.jpg

Where would ya get a hat and headphones that small.

#2463 4 years ago

I see a couple pics in this thread with people using the PinballLife Sling Protectors.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3270

Has anyone tried the Pinbits one? They are one piece for each side. They don't show it in the listing but I emailed and they do indeed also come with a spider etched Sparky airball protector. Does anyone have a picture of these installed?

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=619

#2464 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I see a couple pics in this thread with people using the PinballLife Sling Protectors.
Has anyone tried the Pinbits one? They are one piece for each side. They don't show it in the listing but I emailed and they do indeed also come with a spider etched Sparky airball protector. Does anyone have a picture of these installed?

they look much better in person, I guess my light washes out the color with the pics, the slings are neon green and the sparky protector is neon orange

20150331_192742.jpg

20150331_190346.jpg

20150331_190432.jpg

#2465 4 years ago

I like the green on the slings. How does the orange on sparky look lit up?

#2466 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

if you come to my house you can see many mods. i installed the green pinballlife protectors. they match the green on the apron. they look great! get ready to spend some bucks. this pin eats up mods!!!

#2467 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I like the green on the slings. How does the orange on sparky look lit up?

its hard to tell from the pic but it lights up nice with the led bulbs

20150331_190358.jpg

#2468 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

if you come to my house you can see many mods. i installed the green pinballlife protectors. they match the green on the apron. they look great! get ready to spend some bucks. this pin eats up mods!!!

You know I am going to try and make it this year. You are just going to have to keep an eye on me. I might bring my pro up and go home with your LE when you aren't looking

#2469 4 years ago

So I have ordered:

Pinbits Sling + Sparky protectors
Cliffy Mystery Hole protector
Shaker Motor

I think that is enough to get me going, then I can start picking and choosing which mods to tackle first. Still up in the air about magnet protectors. Open to suggestion. I know one local guy cuts his only Vinyl circles and just replaces them when they wear. Also heard the IM magnet protector works on the sparky magnet. I am open to suggestions on what works best and is safest for the game.

#2470 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

its hard to tell from the pic but it lights up nice with the led bulbs
20150331_190358.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Where did you buy this air ball protector? I need one, this looks great.

#2471 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Where did you buy this air ball protector? I need one, this looks great.

That is the one that comes with the Pinbits sling protectors. They don't list or show it on their site but I emailed them about it yesterday and they said it is indeed included.

#2472 4 years ago

The pinbits neon protectors really glow if you have any neon lights/signs in your gameroom.

#2473 4 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

The pinbits neon protectors really glow if you have any neon lights/signs in your gameroom.

With uv lights too.

#2474 4 years ago

The last two times I've had Graveyard MB Super Jackpot lit, this has happened. Two soft, left-flipper backhands in a row. Ooops!

Graveyard MB Stuck.jpg

#2475 4 years ago

That sucks. I've had it happen several times too. Feel screwed when it happens but then I realize it was my fault for shooting weak balls up there.

P.S. - Put a 3 light LED strip under the plastic on the left of that lane. You'll thank me later as it looks like they missed something by not putting GI there.

IMG_6127.jpg

#2476 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That sucks. I've had it happen several times too. Feel screwed when it happens but then I realize it was my fault for shooting weak balls up there.
P.S. - Put a 3 light LED strip under the plastic on the left of that lane. You'll thank me later as it looks like they missed something by not putting GI there.
IMG_6127.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

When I first got the game, I kept thinking I had an LED out

#2477 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Put a 3 light LED strip under the plastic on the left of that lane. You'll thank me later as it looks like they missed something by not putting GI there.

Can you tell if the light mess's up the opto?

#2478 4 years ago

I just joined the club. Looking forward to my new game - MET Pro. Does anyone have a link to the game rules?

#2479 4 years ago

wish I had 500$ for those custom DD sparky's with the brain on the helmet

#2480 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I just joined the club. Looking forward to my new game - MET Pro. Does anyone have a link to the game rules?

The rules and updates are tough to read with all the changes. I recommend you watch the Bowen tutorial at papa.org it'll get you in deep enough to figure it out.

#2481 4 years ago

Does anyone have a list of the rubber rings and sizes for met pro? I can't seem to find one

#2482 4 years ago

I posted one up on titans website

#2483 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Can you tell if the light mess's up the opto?

No issues at all. The light is attached to the ball guide and shines out.

#2484 4 years ago

Any word on colorization for dmd? I know pinball mike mentioned he thought his metallica dmd project might be ready by the time PAGG got here, was hoping the folks at colordmd had any news as well...

#2485 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Any word on colorization for dmd? I know pinball mike mentioned he thought his Metallica dmd project might be ready by the time PAGG got here, was hoping the folks at colordmd had any news as well...

This is why Randy doesn't like to announce what's being worked on ahead of time.

There was a PMD Metallica at TPF, not sure if it was fully finalized though.

ColorDMD's Metallica is still a work in progress at this point. They haven't given any indication of a timeline, we just know they're working on it.

#2486 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They haven't given any indication of a timeline, we just know they're working on it.

faster.jpg
#2487 4 years ago

Any word on colorization for dmd? I know pinball mike mentioned he thought his Metallica dmd project might be ready by the time PAGG got here, was hoping the folks at colordmd had any news as well...

You'll be playing Metallica in full color with ColorDMD before PAGG for sure.

#2488 4 years ago

ok...I need help. I love my MET but I am TERRIBLE. Like, barely breaking $100M terrible...and thats on a good day. Has anyone listed what they consider to be the 'optimal' settings? I like the pin but I am really frustrated at my inability to put up a decent score and am hoping I can tweak my settings to be a little more forgiving..ARGGG!!!

#2489 4 years ago

I never answered your question before.

-Number one - nudging is your friend, embrace it. It will keep the ball out of the outlanes. Use dead bounces as much as possible. Flailing is the enemy!
-Master the fuel lane and mystery scoop shoots. Tons of potential points rely on you being able to hit those two shots!

So here is a typical "good" scoring game for me
-I shoot for lighting the inserts toward CIU on the ramps and loops right away. Complete those and lock them in. You will get to CIU way faster. ie. The big points.
-I go for the coffin locks first. I often accidentally hit sparky enough to start his multiball first. During this multiball I usually get the extra ball lit from coffin bashing.
-At this point I'm usually ready for a CIU. I go for FTB or FWTBT first.
-During CIU try to hit sparky, snake, cross and coffin to light the mystery scoop. Hit several shots and then go for the fuel lane. This gives you 2x scoring. Hit the scoop. Collect the cash out option on the CIU and you get double points. It's not uncommon to get over 100mil from cashing out on the CIU 2x jackpot.
-At this point I'm usually close to coffin and I try to stack immediately with sparky or cross when I start coffin multiball.
-Then you are usually close to another CIU, Seek and Destroy, Blackened, etc.
-On a really good game I will at least reach the above goals.

This game is so much more than bash sparky/ rinse/ repeat. Truly one of the greatest games IMO.

Hope this helps and gives some goals to aim for. I am absolutely positive that you can find other/better strategies but this is just my fair to middling strategy.

#2490 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I never answered your question before.
-Number one - nudging is your friend, embrace it. It will keep the ball out of the outlanes. Use dead bounces as much as possible. Flailing is the enemy!
-Master the fuel lane and mystery scoop shoots. Tons of potential points rely on you being able to hit those two shots!
So here is a typical "good" scoring game for me
-I shoot for lighting the inserts toward CIU on the ramps and loops right away. Complete those and lock them in. You will get to CIU way faster. ie. The big points.
-I go for the coffin locks first. I often accidentally hit sparky enough to start his multiball first. During this multiball I usually get the extra ball lit from coffin bashing.
-At this point I'm usually ready for a CIU. I go for FTB or FWTBT first.
-During CIU try to hit sparky, snake, cross and coffin to light the mystery scoop. Hit several shots and then go for the fuel lane. This gives you 2x scoring. Hit the scoop. Collect the cash out option on the CIU and you get double points. It's not uncommon to get over 100mil from cashing out on the CIU 2x jackpot.
-At this point I'm usually close to coffin and I try to stack immediately with sparky or cross when I start coffin multiball.
-Then you are usually close to another CIU, Seek and Destroy, Blackened, etc.
-On a really good game I will at least reach the above goals.
This game is so much more than bash sparky/ rinse/ repeat. Truly one of the greatest games IMO.
Hope this helps and gives some goals to aim for. I am absolutely positive that you can find other/better strategies but this is just my fair to middling strategy.

Good info. thanks. So, lighting the inserts for CIU...Follow the red arrow, hit the item thats flashing (electric chair, snake etc) right?

What exactly is the blue arrow indicate? Thanks

#2491 4 years ago

Good info. thanks. So, lighting the inserts for CIU...Follow the red arrow, hit the item thats flashing (electric chair, snake etc) right?

I have a pro. No blue arrow here. Let's use a ramp as an example. Hit the ramp and then sparky, snake, cross. Shoot the ramp again and hit the captive ball. You then have the shots locked in. This will get you to crank it up way faster.

#2492 4 years ago

The blue arrow indicates which shot you have selected, so if the left rap is blue, and you hit the electric chair, it will light the chair insert on that shot.

#2493 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The blue arrow indicates which shot you have selected, so if the left rap is blue, and you hit the electric chair, it will light the chair insert on that shot.

Interesting. How does that get chosen?

And when I see multiple red arrows...What created that to happen?

Sorry guys, first NIB pin...All of my others are old school!

#2494 4 years ago

Just curious, I've noticed that for the guitar picks I have to hit all of them twice to lock in each person (Lars, James, Kirk, robert ) and then it adds additional hits for each member locked in. Is that correct? It feels like you need around 40 shots on the picks to lock them all in.

Thanks

#2495 4 years ago

Interesting. How does that get chosen?
And when I see multiple red arrows...What created that to happen?
Sorry guys, first NIB pin...All of my others are old school!

It gets chosen by shooting the shot. Watch the blue arrow, it will move as you make shots.

The red arrows are lit to indicated combos, if you hit one of them while red you'll continue the combo chain.

Just curious, I've noticed that for the guitar picks I have to hit all of them twice to lock in each person (Lars, James, Kirk, robert ) and then it adds additional hits for each member locked in. Is that correct? It feels like you need around 40 shots on the picks to lock them all in.

You can adjust this in the settings, but generally speaking you have to hit one more each time you complete them. I set the first round to one instead of two so it wouldn't take quite so long.

#2496 4 years ago

I kinda like to leave it stock to street settings but wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy

Oh and thanks for the unofficial update on colordmd aurich. Also thanks for the tips hougie,

Wish the pro had the blue arrow, sounds like it would be a useful feature...

#2497 4 years ago

Wish the pro had the blue arrow, sounds like it would be a useful feature...

The RGB inserts on the Prem/LE are underrated I think, they're great for instantly being able to understand what's going on. "Oh, pink inserts, guess I started Lady Justice without noticing".

#2498 4 years ago

I have decided I will most likely NEVER get in on a pre-order for a pin in development, I just don't have the patience. I paid for my Pro a week ago and waiting for Stern to build it is already driving me crazy. My hats off to guys that have patiently waited years for a pin to be built. =)

#2499 4 years ago

So I'm looking at purchasing a NIB Met prem.. It's going to be my first Pin ever owned. After reading through this thread there was talk about upgrading the board. If you guys wouldn't mind tossing me what questions I need to ask when buying said Pin. I appreciate any help with this.<2>

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from SuaSponte275:

So I'm looking at purchasing a NIB Met prem.. It's going to be my first Pin ever owned. After reading through this thread there was talk about upgrading the board. If you guys wouldn't mind tossing me what questions I need to ask when buying said Pin. I appreciate any help with this.<2>

It might not need the upgrade, depending on when it was built. If it does you'll need to get it through the pin's original distributor, are you buying from them or third party?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99
$ 199.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 16964 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 340.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside