Topic Stats

• 16,874 posts
  • 948 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by Graysonsdad
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,855 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16874 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 338.
#2401 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh huh, what does it look like on the Pro? I don't remember.

Two separate normal square targets.

#2402 4 years ago

Would love to swap to the single target (then again might be fun to have a custom single target made)

Btw, I'm wanting to move the spot lights of the slingshots and move them under the playfield, can anyone give me some tips on how to do that? I know on page 36 there's a set of photos showing how someone moved them but I'm just looking for specifically how to remove the spotlight housing from the wiring without damaging it so it'll fit through the hole (oor can I undo the wiring underneath and pull it from below then rewire from underneath?

#2403 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Would love to swap to the single target (then again might be fun to have a custom single target made)
Btw, I'm wanting to move the spot lights of the slingshots and move them under the playfield, can anyone give me some tips on how to do that? I know on page 36 there's a set of photos showing how someone moved them but I'm just looking for specifically how to remove the spotlight housing from the wiring without damaging it so it'll fit through the hole (oor can I undo the wiring underneath and pull it from below then rewire from underneath?

Im betting the spots connect via a 2wire z connector under the playfield. Disconnect that then pull the spot wire up through the hole in the play field to remove. The you can take the spot assembly and mount it whereever you want underneath. Hopefully the wire will be long enough to connect back to same z connector on harness

#2404 4 years ago

That was my post and pics on page 36, and it's just like Rickwh describes. Unplug the z-connector and pull the harness up through the playfield. I took the spot shields off and used red flex leds for under the Fuel bar and Mystery scoop. I see that I didn't post a pic of under the scoop. I had to add a plastic spacer and longer screw around 1" to get the led in the right position for the scoop.

#2405 4 years ago

Thanks sparky I originally saw your pics and was inspired to do the same. how does the spot light cone come off ? (Also thanks guys for the help)

Will post pics later today of my progress

#2406 4 years ago

Here I've added the pic of the led on the Mystery scoop with the spacer circled in yellow. I've also added pics again of the Fuel bar from underneath, as well as the others, so people don't have to search back to page 36.

I also noticed how old these pics are. I now have colored gel paper under the FUEL inserts and Fuel gauge, boney flippers, TFTC eyeball standup target behind the Fuel bar, and of course a micro display mod over the Mystery scoop

Scoop Light Underneath with circle.jpg

FUEL Bar Light Underneath small.jpg

METLE No spots.jpg

Mystery scoop LED.jpg

Fuel Bar LED.jpg

#2407 4 years ago

Looks good, Sparky. I especially like the mystery scoop.

#2408 4 years ago

Thanks sparky I originally saw your pics and was inspired to do the same. how does the spot light cone come off ? (Also thanks guys for the help)
Will post pics later today of my progress

There are teeth or hooks that snap onto the socket. Take a small screwdriver and gently pry one side off the socket, and then the other. To get them back on a socket, they just snap on.

Spot Shield small.jpg

#2409 4 years ago

So the 2 lights under the mystery scoop and fuel targets replace the spot lights?

#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

So the 2 lights under the mystery scoop and fuel targets replace the spot lights?

On my machine, yes. The spot lights over the slings have been re-routed under the playfield to the Mystery Scoop and Fuel targets as shown in the pics.

#2411 4 years ago

Finally got my Metallica mods done up. Might tweak it a bit here and there but it's looking about how I wanted it.
Special thanks to Sparky, Rickwh, whridlsconcestood, cliffy, Hooked, and Melissa at cointaker for help.
Purple star posts
Titan silicon rubber
Neon green plastic protectors
Purple backlit at apron
Green led flipper buttons
Green led coin inserts
Color coded icons
Hooked custom metallica pop bumper caps
Rickwh's sparky protector
Cointaker shaker motor
Orange glo ball captive ball
Moved the spotlights at the slingshots off and reroute do them to under the playfield
And many more items

it's interesting, I picked up spare star posts in Orange, green, yellow, and blue so I can swap them out and see what I like best (Also got matching colored superbands in everything but yellow) down the road I may try those orange and purple plastic protectors just to give it a different look over time. Tried colored LED's in the slings and guides but felt like it washed out the neon effect of the plastic protectors so swapped em back to white.

metallica apron underlight.jpg metallica cointaker shaker motor.jpg metallica fuel gauge.jpg metallica led set up now.jpg metallica mystery scopp set up temp.jpg metallica shaker motor set up 1.jpg metallica shaker motor set up 2.jpg metallica slingshots 1.jpg metallica slingshots 2.jpg Metallica mystery scoop.jpg
#2412 4 years ago

To all Metallica owners, if you are considering any modifications I strongly recommend you consider Pinball's Life Green Fluorescent Sling covers. They are inexpensive, easy to install, and provide an impressive view of the lower playfield.

#2413 4 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

To all Metallica owners, if you are considering any modifications I strongly recommend you consider Pinball's Life Green Fluorescent Sling covers. They are inexpensive, easy to install, and provide an impressive view of the lower playfield.

I have those. Except I got them in orange, because it makes a lot more sense with the art on the plastics & playfield in that area.

orange.jpg

#2414 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I have those. Except I got them in orange, because it makes a lot more sense with the art on the plastics & playfield in that area.
orange.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Who made those , Joe? I wonder if amber would look good?

#2415 4 years ago

Looks good ep, dig the orange as well, I went back and forth on those or green, ended up getting green to contrast the orange on the PF. As I mentioned, I may still get them in orange it's an inexpensive easy mod.

If I got the orange plastics I'd get the green Glo ball for captive (nice contrast)

#2416 4 years ago

WOOT 1,000,000 x4 Skill shot rocks!

#2417 4 years ago

Finally got my Metallica mods done up. Might tweak it a bit here and there but it's looking about how I wanted it.
Special thanks to Sparky, Rickwh, whridlsconcestood, cliffy, Hooked, and Melissa at cointaker for help.
Purple star posts
Titan silicon rubber
Neon green plastic protectors
Purple backlit at apron
Green led flipper buttons
Green led coin inserts
Color coded icons
Hooked custom Metallica pop bumper caps
Rickwh's sparky protector
Cointaker shaker motor
Orange glo ball captive ball
Moved the spotlights at the slingshots off and reroute do them to under the playfield
And many more items
it's interesting, I picked up spare star posts in Orange, green, yellow, and blue so I can swap them out and see what I like best (Also got matching colored superbands in everything but yellow) down the road I may try those orange and purple plastic protectors just to give it a different look over time. Tried colored LED's in the slings and guides but felt like it washed out the neon effect of the plastic protectors so swapped em back to white.

metallica apron underlight.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica cointaker shaker motor.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica fuel gauge.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica led set up now.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica mystery scopp set up temp.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica shaker motor set up 1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica shaker motor set up 2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica slingshots 1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica slingshots 2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Metallica mystery scoop.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice mods but I'm just wondering why you went to all the trouble of taking the spot lights off and using the sockets under the pf? Why didn't you just add a couple of sockets under the pf for the flex lights and keep the spots on the pf.

#2418 4 years ago

Not really a fan of the spots on the slingshots, this way it's cleaned up and reused.

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice mods but I'm just wondering why you went to all the trouble of taking the spot lights off and using the sockets under the pf? Why didn't you just add a couple of sockets under the pf for the flex lights and keep the spots on the pf.

I would be more interested in this setup, so how would you implement the extra needed light sockets for underneath the playfield and how would you connect them electrically? Thanks.

#2420 4 years ago

AWESOME FADE TO BLACK WORKS ON THE PRO!!!!!!!

#2421 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I would be more interested in this setup, so how would you implement the extra needed light sockets for underneath the playfield and how would you connect them electrically? Thanks.

its all ac current. Piggy back off another gi socket

#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

AWESOME FADE TO BLACK WORKS ON THE PRO!!!!!!!

Link bro?

#2423 4 years ago

hello need some help, metallica le. I need the bulb that goes behind the snake above it, I believe its green after googling some images. anybody know what bulb it is?

also I added many light modes and while testing the flashers I noticed sparky internal flasher #32 doesn't flash anywhere on the playfield when activated. any body know where this flasher goes? I only see the left and right side ones by sparky. any help appreciated

thanks

#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Sparky has shots on how he did his (I used his pics for reference on page 36) if your wanting to move the spot lights and reuse them under the pf, just disconnect them then pull them out and reroute them underneath.

#2425 4 years ago

No I just was in the mode for some time. it said mode completed and all the gi turned off. Pitch black. Only time it comes on is after a ramp shot for maybe 1 second so you can see where the ball is then its off again.

#2426 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

No I just was in the mode for some time. it said mode completed and all the gi turned off. Pitch black. Only time it comes on is after a ramp shot for maybe 1 second so you can see where the ball is then its off again.

Yeah, I just can't do the slow fade to just blue lights like the Prem/LE, when you reach the final point it kills the lights.

Must be a bitch if you play in the dark!

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Must be a bitch if you play in the dark!

It was like hypno beam in RFM. I loved it lol

#2428 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

its all ac current. Piggy back off another gi socket

Yup that's all ya do.

#2429 4 years ago

Not really a fan of the spots on the slingshots, this way it's cleaned up and reused.

I play my games in a dark blacklight basement so to light the pf better in the dark center of the pf I put a double spot on the Mystery Hole plastic and kept the singles on the slings. There are 6 on the game now plus the Lightning led strips to light the Creeping Death side decals and my DIY light up skull on the left side of Sparky and a plasma disc on the right side.

#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Who made those , Joe? I wonder if amber would look good?

Yeah, Joe at Laseriffic, I just asked him if he could make the Metallica set in a different color and he did.

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, Joe at Laseriffic, I just asked him if he could make the Metallica set in a different color and he did.

Are these on his site? I can't find them.

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Are these on his site? I can't find them.

I don't see them, but I know Joe can make them. Maybe just shoot him a PM and ask?

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think if he made purple he would sell a shit ton. Just my humble opinion.
Harley D.

#2434 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I think if he made purple he would sell a shit ton. Just my humble opinion.
Harley D.

I would be down for a set of purple.

#2437 4 years ago

There's a guy that does the plastic protectors in purple, orange, blue and green, he has some pics posted many pages back (the same guy that does the eyeball coffin sticker) if I recall boue and purples end up a bit washed out as they are darker colors. Green and orange show the highest amount of color at the edge of the plastic (may also have to do with the light wave length as well).

I may give lasserific a try though, I'd kinda like to pick up some orange for down the road, and frankly the other guy has never answered a pm or email so I'd rather give my business to someone that actually communicates

#2438 4 years ago

Now you need an audio upgrade!!!

#2439 4 years ago

I already picked up a pin pack will get some nice headphones soon. Not doing too much else audio wise (at least until we get a bigger place )

#2440 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

» YouTube video

I just read about this today. Wtf Lars!!! Seems clear that Metallica thrived in spite if him and Wtf James asking with are got thinking Lars???

#2441 4 years ago

The Professor Pinball Team is proud to announce code for Pinduino interactive LED lights for Metallica!

We really like how this setup came out (and Metallica is such a rocking pin!):

There is a strip of addressable LEDs across the top of the backpanel of the playfield and a strip in the ball trough under the apron. No LEDs strips are visible. Let us know your thoughts (or download the code and customize it.)

Code is open-source and available for download: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/Metallica-Apron-Back

PM us if you are interested in the Pinduino. We have DIY kits available and can make preassembled, plug and play kits. Game list is available: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11VoKNLjT155F_1Cb9qFR242T72BXVptGnAP17ZsIu4Q

#2442 4 years ago

I borrowed an idea from BangerJay and did a similar thing on a much simpler basis than the pinduino on my pro. Just 2 strips of RGB LEDs along the upper part of the back there, with the green of one connected to the snake flasher, and the red of that same strip connected to the ramp flashers. Then the other one wired for full white on one of the sparky flashers. Cheap and easy, still looks pretty nice - just not as fancy as a full on controlled show.

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from Prof_Pinball:

The Professor Pinball Team is proud to announce code for Pinduino interactive LED lights for Metallica!
We really like how this setup came out (and Metallica is such a rocking pin!):
» YouTube video
There is a strip of addressable LEDs across the top of the backpanel of the playfield and a strip in the ball trough under the apron. No LEDs strips are visible. Let us know your thoughts (or download the code and customize it.)
Code is open-source and available for download: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/Metallica-Apron-Back
PM us if you are interested in the Pinduino. We have DIY kits available and can make preassembled, plug and play kits. Game list is available: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11VoKNLjT155F_1Cb9qFR242T72BXVptGnAP17ZsIu4Q

Cool, how do we order? Thanks

#2444 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I borrowed an idea from BangerJay and did a similar thing on a much simpler basis than the pinduino on my pro. Just 2 strips of RGB LEDs along the upper part of the back there, with the green of one connected to the snake flasher, and the red of that same strip connected to the ramp flashers. Then the other one wired for full white on one of the sparky flashers. Cheap and easy, still looks pretty nice - just not as fancy as a full on controlled show.

Definitely awesome to hear! We are really happy with the results, but would love to see people come up with better things.

Overall, it is hard to get as much bang for the buck than getting 5M of RGB LEDs for $10-$15, and a couple of bucks for wires and plugs. We are selling DIY Pinduino kits (at this time) at cost for $40 (+$5 for shipping) which includes everything for all the wiring harnesses. You'll still need to get an Arduino compatible board and addressable LEDs. Our goal is to open up customization of as many pins as possible, and it is great to see the ideas people are doing with straight-up flasher->12V+ LEDs (I did that for years). For those that want to take this to the next level, the Pinduino brings a lot to the table. While this is just showing a bit of what can be done with addressable LEDs (which let's you control each LED independently), you can control servos, shakers, LCD screens, and a wealth of mods. Also, we are doing our best to document everything so people can use our designs and take it from there.

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Cool, how do we order? Thanks

Just PM Professor Pinball. We'll send you a PM with all the details from DIY kits to fully assembled plug-and-play solutions. (If you have basic soldering skills, we hope you will want you to build it yourself!)

#2446 4 years ago

So, what does the special feature do? Does it just give a free game replay when going down the outlane?

#2447 4 years ago

I tried my hand at painting sparky. I want to do him up in green but couldn't get the paint to cover well. Any suggestions for doing the helmet?

IMG_20150326_125238839.jpg
#2448 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I tried my hand at painting sparky. I want to do him up in green but couldn't get the paint to cover well. Any suggestions for doing the helmet?

IMG_20150326_125238839.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

If you really want to paint him properly you need to prime him first, give the acrylics a surface they can stick to.

#2449 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you really want to paint him properly you need to prime him first, give the acrylics a surface they can stick to.

Makes sense. I may stick with the dirtied up version for a while and then go at it properly. Thanks for the tip!

#2450 4 years ago
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Village, OH
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 16874 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside