Topic Stats

• 17,191 posts
  • 959 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,943 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg
EB43D533-A925-4165-9D81-02CB119BFBFD (resized).jpeg
FA45EFDB-A47E-43E1-93E9-D6B9E5A82DA2 (resized).jpeg
Dp4gQ5MU4AAC7vo (resized).jpg
20200106_232456 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17191 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 344.
#2351 4 years ago

Thanks Sparky, I really appreciate you taking the time to school me in on crank it up, will have to go back an try again without cashing out... cheers mate!!

#2352 4 years ago

Thanks for the heads up rick, I'll have to check out his site later tonight.

Meanwhile I spent this morning installing cliffy's and swapping out rubbers, swapped put that back post as well.still have a few more rubber posts to swap out as well as add in the new sparkt protector but had to pick up some nut drivers and long screwdrivers first

#2353 4 years ago

Does anyone have a list of the Metallica feature adjustments and their functions?

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm facing a dilemma. I got these scores a week ago and I'm contemplating selling the game or trading toward another game. Am I crazy. I know I can always raise the outposts again but I'm afraid since I've already gotten a great score it won't matter. If you can based on the pics, let me know if there is a lot more to conquer. It's not like I scored a billion, but with that good of a first ball some of the air has come out of the tires.
So what should I do?
image2.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)

image3.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)

331 GC is very good, but seriously, you can score more than 1/2 of that in a good Crank it Up mode.

Things to Conquer:

What are your 4 individual Crank it Up Scores?

Have you played End of the Line? What did you score?

What is your Seek and Destroy score?

What is your Blackened score?

What is your combo value?

What is your Lady Justice score?

What is your Fuel score?

And of course I'd raise the posts first to factory before saying 231 MIL has let the air out of the tires.

Enjoy

#2355 4 years ago

Have you played End of the Line? What did you score? NO...
What is your Seek and Destroy score? 27M
What is your Blackened score? 55M
What is your combo value? 20
What is your Lady Justice score? 24M
What is your Fuel score? 22M
from who : 177M
fade to black : 184M
battery : 92M
enter sandman : 89M

and i absolutly dont want to sell it

#2356 4 years ago

I am wondering if anyone else has issues with balls getting stuck on their games? I am playing a game at a local bar that is in great shape but in the past couple of games I have gotten 2 balls stuck on the divider of the left out lane and one stuck in the right hand side of the snakes mouth? Pretty common? I have pics of the stuck ball in the left out lane.

#2357 4 years ago

Haven't had a good game in weeks this is gc score though.

10947220_10206229144106320_8453601674901634369_n.jpg
#2358 4 years ago

Metallica is going to look sooooooo good with colored dots!

Rob

#2359 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Metallica is going to look sooooooo good with colored dots!
Rob

Yup, I'm putting a ColorDMD in mine soon so I can be ready for the release.

#2360 4 years ago

Word is (from PaPa) that new code is coming for Metallica.

#2361 4 years ago

Yeah but what if any changes. Normally it's just score tweaks for the tourney. No idea what exploits where there though.

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm facing a dilemma. I got these scores a week ago and I'm contemplating selling the game or trading toward another game. Am I crazy. I know I can always raise the outposts again but I'm afraid since I've already gotten a great score it won't matter. If you can based on the pics, let me know if there is a lot more to conquer. It's not like I scored a billion, but with that good of a first ball some of the air has come out of the tires.
So what should I do?

Based off that score I'm assuming no End of the Line.

That should be your focus now but first, do as above was posted, raise those post back up. Sometimes I like to see how good I can score by just going for end of the line jackpots (right ramp to fuel lane). Getting in a rhythm of doing that feels so good. Another fun thing to do is to not close out a crank it up until you complete it. Watch your scores skyrocket if you can be successful on this for a couple of CIU's. Also, when doing this, make sure you get double scoring going before cashing out. That's how you can get some 100 million plus CIU's.

#2363 4 years ago

Busted my Metallica cherry yesterday...you lot got the most fun best to look at pin to date...and G-n-R is my band so theme has nothing to do with it...!!!...here's hoping one of you guys sell next year.............Joey

#2364 4 years ago

scoring is all about fuel mode going then enter CIU. yesterday I played a long game, 3 sparkeys, 1 coffin (75 hits), 1 graveyard, 1 snake, started seek and destroy into CIU enter sandman, and could put up only 160 mil. I can't break 200 anymore unless I start fuel before going into a CIU song. So much chopping wood, and if you dont' hit your CIU and/or close them out your toast. the staking features in this game are just fantastic.

#2365 4 years ago

Eggbert.

My GC is 629 million, and I have been to EOTL once. Still plenty of air left in those tires IMO.

This game has a bunch of stuff going on. Keep at it. I'd say your just getting into the meat of the game at this point.

#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

scoring is all about fuel mode going then enter CIU. yesterday I played a long game, 3 sparkeys, 1 coffin, 1 graveyard, 1 snake, started seek and destroy into CIU enter sandman, and could put up only 160 mil. I can't break 200 anymore unless I start fuel before going into a CIU song. So much chopping wood, and if you dont' hit your CIU and/or close them out your toast. the staking features in this game are just fantastic.

I don't see it this way. Getting to CIU as quickly as possible has the quickest potential for points. I also don't see getting there as chopping wood. You don't have to bash toys over and over if you get inserts completed on a few ramps and orbits. Starting graveyard mb will probably happen in the process, but progressing toward CIU through ramps, orbits, and the drop targets will get you there pretty quickly.

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I don't see it this way. Getting to CIU as quickly as possible has the quickest potential for points

agreed, when I can get to 3 CIU songs (most I've made), I score highest. I seem to play for MB modes even when CIU is lit, because I'd like to at somepoint get to Sparky SUPER JACKPOTS (hit 8? sparky super jackpots to light?), and I'd like to get to a second coffin MB at somepoint.

having lady justice going, seek and destroy started, with fuel, and going into CIU is the BOSS stack

#2368 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

agreed, when I can get to 3 CIU songs (most I've made), I score highest. I seem to play for MB modes even when CIU is lit, because I'd like to at somepoint get to Sparky SUPER JACKPOTS (hit 8? sparky super jackpots to light?), and I'd like to get to a second coffin MB at somepoint.
having lady justice going, seek and destroy started, with fuel, and going into CIU is the BOSS stack

I hold off on starting seek and destroy as long as possible because it makes starting the next CIU happen a lot more quickly.

#2369 4 years ago

Just put up 174k best game in weeks. 65 of that was enter sandman ciu. It is my favorite ciu do to the semi roaming nature of it. I love roaming shots.

Anyone with a LE care to explain how the r w b Gi works? its not like acdc is it? I have never seen the fade to black ciu on the le either. Anyone care to post that?

#2370 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Anyone with a LE care to explain how the r w b Gi works? its not like acdc is it? I have never seen the fade to black ciu on the le either. Anyone care to post that?

The spider inserts all have RGB lights, and they change depending on context. So the one that's selected for lighting inserts is blue. They go light orange after you finish a crank it up for the victory laps, the piston insert goes purple when 2x scoring is ready, they go pink for Lady Justice, and red to indicate a combo. Stuff like that. I really like it, makes reading information off the playfield in a glance super easy.

For Fade to Black, the GI slowly kills the red and white bulbs, so that you're eventually playing with just the blue on, and it's pretty dark, but you can still see. The GI effects are great, lots of good uses of them. Like they shift to blue when you're one shot away from grave multiball, go red when you make a bomb hit in FWTBT CIU, etc.

#2371 4 years ago

MAKE A VIDEO

#2372 4 years ago

So are the inserts on the PF clear on the LE and premium? The inserts on the pro are yellow for the snake and red for the spider so just curious. Thanks

#2373 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

So are the inserts on the PF clear on the LE and premium? The inserts on the pro are yellow for the snake and red for the spider so just curious. Thanks

Yes they have to be in order to change colors.

#2374 4 years ago

Nice. Thanks.

Wish all of them were clear inserts

#2375 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Nice. Thanks.
Wish all of them were clear inserts

Now that would be crazy and confusing all at the same time.

#2376 4 years ago

With clear inserts stern could either place gels to achieve colored look at inserts or colored leds. There's no cost reason to gimp a PF, the only reason would be to keep pro owners from modding their machines to something close to a premium or LE. at any rate, it doesn't matter, the game is great in any addition

#2377 4 years ago

I wish the snake inserts on my Pro were green instead of yellow, I think that would've looked a lot better!

Edit: I mean orange, not yellow!

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now that would be crazy and confusing all at the same time.

Like ST or WOZ both of those really come close to setting off a seizure. I have only had one seizure in my life and it was from a Neo-Geo game flashing red and blue back and forth.

#2379 4 years ago

Agreed Ron, green would make sense, orange sadly doesn't unless we have our snake repainted orange (I've been tempted to) or simply use a orange led for the mouth area to tie it into the existing PF. Green would have been ideal for inserts (I scratch my head about using orange)

#2380 4 years ago

Just picked up my new ColourDMD this afternoon but installed it on the wrong machine

The Canadian dollar sucks right now so bought one and installed it on Metallica.

IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG

#2381 4 years ago

Awesome. Can't wait to see more color dmd stuff.

#2382 4 years ago

I hope the code has better integration of the band member mode and seek and destroy compared to the rest of the game. Fuel works perfectly as a setup mode, but destroying pistons has always felt a little wonky to me. Also, meaningful spinner functionality outside of fade to black would be nice.

#2383 4 years ago

It probably won't get the one thing I think it needs most, which is a few more instructive call-outs. If you read through the threads, there are a lot of questions about starting modes and what stuff like flashing vs. solid inserts mean. It took me a while to wrap my head about what needs to be done, and I'm still not always sure.

Since the band did the call-outs, I guess there could be better DMD instructions but you're usually too busy to look when you really need them.

#2384 4 years ago

Moment of silence for this on location Met Pro.

Far from trashed, but on it's way. Drop targets don't drop, flippers randomly freeze, and early code make this sad guy pretty much unplayable...

3 more weeks for my NIB...Counting the days.

20150314_151048.jpg
#2385 4 years ago

Anyone looking to sell a Metallica LE - If so, please PM me - thanks

#2386 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

It probably won't get the one thing I think it needs most, which is a few more instructive call-outs. If you read through the threads, there are a lot of questions about starting modes and what stuff like flashing vs. solid inserts mean. It took me a while to wrap my head about what needs to be done, and I'm still not always sure.

I think it's easier to understand on the Prem/LE, because the color changing inserts give a lot of context.

#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Since the band did the call-outs, I guess there could be better DMD instructions but you're usually too busy to look when you really need them.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Callouts in most modern titles aren't overly informative, ACDC being a great example. Aside from "Fire the cannon" (which ironically is mostly bad advice 9/10 times) I can't think of any call outs that explain things in that game either.

#2388 4 years ago

Just joined the club. Dear Lord what a pin!!! My boy thinks zapping Sparky is great....

image.jpg

#2389 4 years ago

It really is an awesome pin!!! I love mine for sure!!!

#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Just picked up my new ColourDMD this afternoon but installed it on the wrong machine
The Canadian dollar sucks right now so bought one and installed it on Metallica.

Ain't it the truth! Suddenly a $400 purchase now becomes a $600 purchase. I was hoping not to get nailed at the post office, but had to pay another $60 for taxes. So the total comes to roughly $600 after everything is accounted for. 78 cents US right now.... sucks!

Rob

#2391 4 years ago

I feel for you Rob, back when I sold high end collectibles toys I had a lot of customers in Canada and Europe that got nailed with custom fees. I used to always mark $40 but even then at times they'd get dinged.

#2392 4 years ago

Test drove a Met pro tonight to see if I would like to put it at the top of my list to go along with my IM and ST. I have played the game maybe a dozen or so times before and liked it, but I am not a Metallica fan, so this made the choice a lot trickier because I think it could be a good pin for myself.

Anyway I played 10-12 games on it and after my 5-6 games of around 10 million or les scores I really found a groove and rocked the game for 144 million points! I was having a blast and felt excited and exhausted at the end of the game. I even put my name in my friend's game also.

Anyway, it had that IM feel to it. As in intense, exciting, fast flowing and hard. MET was a slight bit easier than IM, but a tough, mean game. ST would be my longer ball time game and the shots and lighting are awesome.

MeT is at the top of my list for sure and I can see what all the hype is about. I learned that the music fits the pin itself - fast hard and in your face. It is great pinball music, really. I can't imagine having IM, ST and MET all lined up next to each other in the future. How awesome would that be? We will see.

#2393 4 years ago

So, I found this tag on my Met Pro play field. Sorry for the blurry pic.

It says: E1 - JamesP (Metal.)
(#413 of 525)

Does this mean anything significant? Or, is this similar to buying a tee shirt with a tag that says inspected by Sam 24.

Just curious. If this has been covered on a separate thread, my apologies.

image.jpg

#2394 4 years ago

Was that the code name for the game?

#2395 4 years ago

yes Likely said metal as to not confuse it with James ST being devloped

#2396 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

...So, I found this tag on my Met Pro play field...

same here, number is 980 of 1035, dated (the PF) aug 19 2013

now not sure its important in the PF building, but i have 7 strates on mine, you have much more as i can see

#2397 4 years ago

Saw this Fuel target setup on the Pinball Revolution site. Anyone know anything about it?

169.jpg
#2398 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Saw this Fuel target setup on the Pinball Revolution site. Anyone know anything about it?

That's what comes on all Prem/LE models.

#2399 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

That's what comes on all Prem/LE models.

Oh huh, what does it look like on the Pro? I don't remember.

#2400 4 years ago

its two seperate targets.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 64.00
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
There are 17191 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 344.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside