Topic Stats

• 16,854 posts
  • 947 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Graysonsdad
  • Topic is favorited by 358 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,855 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16854 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 338.
#2301 4 years ago

Ramp shot drops it for combo Or lane kill shot Ie pre or during seek and destroy. If the lane is flashing all inserts it will open up.

Dont forget after a combo to nail the piston target. Every combo multiplier you get raises piston value 750k so if you combo one ramp in piston its 750 if you combo 2 its 1.5 million to collect. Its very lucrative.

#2302 4 years ago

Anyone having issues with the drops not dropping. I did just clean game after its first 500 plays. Guessing that's why

#2303 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Anyone having issues with the drops not dropping. I did just clean game after its first 500 plays. Guessing that's why

Funny you mention that, I just cleaned mine today and they're doing the same thing. Never a problem before, but as others have mentioned the increased speed of the ball causes hard hits. Should be better when it's "dirtied-up" again!

#2304 4 years ago

Got my snake head back with the LEDs installed in the eyes from Konghusker today and re-installed it. Super simple setup, well worth it! He did very great work, and the turn around was super fast. Sent it to him on Monday, got it back today. Can't complain one bit!

20150228_231534.jpg20150228_232537.jpg

#2305 4 years ago

Where did the coffin lock sticker come from

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Where did the coffin lock sticker come from

Custom made by WeirPinball. Came with the machine when I purchased it.

#2307 4 years ago

Looks good NPO. Thanks for the kind words. Glad you like it.

#2308 4 years ago

My post has NEVER dropped when hit from the left. I had no idea it was supposed too?? Makes sense of course, I always thought it was weird...

#2309 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What good does it do to have it return down the orbit? Seems to me the design intent was Left orbit -> hit post & stop -> post drops -> ball rolls in to pops.

I'll preface this saying that I only have the left orbit reject issue once in a great while and it doesn't really bother me much. However, my personal opinion is that the diverter post should only activate when you shoot the right orbit. People rarely seem to have a problem from that side with the stock setup. That would also open up shots to the left orbit to be a combo starter and add to overall flow. The right side would still be available for accessing the pops if needed, which isn't a major part of the game anyway. I think the gameplay would be better overall with the post only stopping balls coming up the right orbit.

Quoted from DevilsTuner:

That always happens to me for a while after I clean and/or replace balls. If goes back to normal after the ball speed settle down a bit.

#2310 4 years ago

waiting for my Metallica Pro to be delivered, in the meantime, I've order my Pin Pak, Sparky Protector (thanks again Rickwh) cliffy's, TOTAN replacment post, white replacment rubbers for the machine, plastic protectors, and ultra high gloss pinballs.

Still on my list is to get that coffin decal (if I can score it in red) and then some LED's

I'm just curious, has anyone done a LED layout map and made a thread for it? seems like it would be a great feature to post up, anyone could post pics of their games and what they've done for their LED layout.

anyways looking forward to more ideas as I read through for stuff to do (don't want to get too crazy I think)

some items I may go for down the road:

those sweet pop bumper caps from Hooked
led flipper buttons
removing the spot lamps on the bumpers and reroute those lights for under the mystery hole, ect...

#2311 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

waiting for my Metallica Pro to be delivered, in the meantime, I've order my Pin Pak, Sparky Protector (thanks again Rickwh) cliffy's, TOTAN replacment post, white replacment rubbers for the machine, plastic protectors, and ultra high gloss pinballs.
Still on my list is to get that coffin decal (if I can score it in red) and then some LED's
I'm just curious, has anyone done a LED layout map and made a thread for it? seems like it would be a great feature to post up, anyone could post pics of their games and what they've done for their LED layout.
anyways looking forward to more ideas as I read through for stuff to do (don't want to get too crazy I think)
some items I may go for down the road:
those sweet pop bumper caps from Hooked
led flipper buttons
removing the spot lamps on the bumpers and reroute those lights for under the mystery hole, ect...

Lemme know how the sparky airball protector goes for ya when you get your game.

I have an excel spreadsheet with the inserts and the led type and color i used if you are interested. Pinside wont let ya attach xls files, but i can email it to you.

Edit: I had your email from your sparky plastic order. So I sent it to ya.

#2312 4 years ago

Did you get a new LED Pro or the older one with conventional bulbs? If you ordered the LED, wait and see. Even though they are mostly white, there are only a few I'd consider replacing... The Mystery scoop is a white bulb under a clear jeweled insert and could use color and I'd also consider doing the switch/coffin/snake with a color at the bottom.

The coffin decal is a huge improvement to me, I went with the eyeball one and love the way it looks.

#2313 4 years ago

Thanks guy, I got the spreadsheet rick thanks again

I got the new led pro. and agreed my current plan is to color code each of the symbols (coffin; snake; cross and electric knife switch).

You know I may be crazy but seeing aurich's hammer I can't help but wish there was a way to integrate it into the pro (even if none functional)...

#2314 4 years ago

You know I may be crazy but seeing aurich's hammer I can't help but wish there was a way to integrate it into the pro (even if none functional)...

A few people have wondered about that. I'm not opposed to trying to help mess with that idea, but I dunno how it would actually work.

#2315 4 years ago

Anyone knows when next run of Met is scheduled?

#2316 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Anyone knows when next run of Met is scheduled?

Is this a given? With the changes and the new SAM system, I doubt it happens, or if it does, what a bummer that you can't change the songs with the pinball browser program...

#2317 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is this a given? With the changes and the new SAM system, I doubt it happens, or if it does, what a bummer that you can't change the songs with the pinball browser program...

I believe so.. why else wouldn't they have moved it to the archive page on their website?

#2318 4 years ago

Next run is confirmed in april. I bought the last Metallica LED in the building in late February. Trent confirmed next run before in late march early april.

#2319 4 years ago

Maybe they will do a premium run too. Thats about the only thing that would get me to sell my met pro.

#2320 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I would verify you have the new magnet board as well. If you dont you will most likely get lots of phantom hammers.
Also if you have any issues with rejects to the gravyard standups, they sent me an updated assembly. My first set of targets rejected many shots, my new set does not.

That doesn't matter if its a new board or not. My new upgraded board that came with my premium, fried the fuse and needed a new board. Chaz at Stern told me if there is a red dot on the board its an upgraded one. told yep, there is a red dot. So just because the board if upgraded one don't mean nothing really, as mine if proof they do screw up and fry a fuse and you need new board. Stern sent me a new magnet board and all is well with that.

Got my CPU board, just haven't installed it yet. Will I have to do the code in the new CPU? I this a hard job to swap out the old to the new board? Reason my CPU board is bad is my sound would not got up, stayed very low even at max, and my Polk just lightly thumped at full max volume. Anyone have this issue? Chaz had me diagnose some things before he was determined I needed a new board. I have to admit, I'am real intimidated on doing this board swap. With pinball refinery having the light board and all the other stuff plugged in, is making it seem real difficult. The light board doesn't not have enough wire lead to get the board out the way, as it just sits on the other side of DMD (leaned up against it) while removed. Its as far as it will go with short wire leads, with they were longer. Oh well, I will get to it eventually. Been over a month and haven't played my metallica.

#2321 4 years ago

I have a Pro. This is by design. I like Pro's better than Premiums or LE for many reasons ... ball flow, ball speed, and of course cost. Having said that, the side mirrors and the motor shaker are a must. They not only amplify your playing experience, but they also add feel which is extraordinary. I also installed Mezel Mods amplifiers and Sparky's electrocution helmet and they make this pin a favorite.

#2322 4 years ago

Jeff, can you send some pics. I dont know how the refinery light board attaches, but i would be surprised if it didnt have some connectors so it could be removed from the backbox entirely. Id be happy to help ya out.

Basically you just need to go slow and take lots of pictures. Maybe even write on the connectors with a sharpie or put masking tape around them and label them as you take them off. Just disconnect each connection and label where it goes. Snap a pic or two. Move on to next connector. All of this with the game off of course. Then unscrew the screws holding the cpu board on. Remove. Then work the steps backwards to put it back.

Then once you double and triple check stuff is the same as it was, i would turn it on and do a lamp, switch, coil test. Id leave the refinery backbox stuff off untill you make sure its working better.

#2323 4 years ago

I can't seem to find any of the speaker inserts graphics for the new led pro version. It has the new round speaker grill, and I'm curious if the old square style still fits these new round ones or not? It looks like the mounting holes are probably the same. Does anybody know where to order any specific for the led pro? Also, does the light kit fit the same as well? Thanks

#2324 4 years ago

Speakerlightkits.com has them plus acrylic inserts. they lights are square and fit perfect you can change the lighting so it stays on one color or you can have them flashing from color to color at any speed you want. I have them on my new Met pro led with the circle speaker panel. Also pinball refinery has an awesome set that is interactive with game play. Those look sweet! Can't go wrong with either one and yes the acrylics fit perfect

#2325 4 years ago

Can someone give me a list of sites where to buy all the mods for this game. I will soon be a proud new owner.

#2326 4 years ago
Quoted from msteinmetz13:

Can someone give me a list of sites where to buy all the mods for this game. I will soon be a proud new owner.

Check out Mezel mods, they will have what you are looking for, best place for metallica mods

#2327 4 years ago

I'm now officially part of the club. Picked up my metallica pro last night. Hooked up my pin pack last night swapped some rubbers added new plastic protectors and played a few games. After work today I'll swap out the rest of the rubbers and install cliffys.

#2328 4 years ago

I started having issues with the ball falling off the wire ramp and into the shooter lane after I hit the right ramp shot. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix/mid for it?

#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I started having issues with the ball falling off the wire ramp and into the shooter lane after I hit the right ramp shot. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix/mid for it?

No issues here. Is it falling off before or after the sneeze guard? Has the habitrail been removed and then back on? Is it tight?

#2330 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Mine will do this occasionally... I think its pretty much always when the ball already has momentum when I hit the ramp. The speed is just nuts and it can't stay on the wireform. It klonks off the wall and drops in the shooter lane.

I don't mind the mayhem as long as its not breaking parts. After waxing I had an airball leap right over the sling and drain.

#2331 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I made sneeze guard replacements though I'm not sure that it will solve your problem if the ball is ejecting before the sneeze guard.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-mod-bye-bye-ugly-ramp-plastic

#2332 4 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I made sneeze guard replacements though I'm not sure that it will solve your problem if the ball is ejecting before the sneeze guard.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-mod-bye-bye-ugly-ramp-plastic

I need to watch carefully and see. You do still have some for sale?

#2333 4 years ago

I recently got a Metallica Pro on a temporary trade for my ACDC with a friend. Kick ass game! I'm really enjoying it!

A couple questions on the rules:
How are the band member picks incorporated into the game? I can't really figure out what their purpose is or how they get accomplished.

What's the significance of the green LED on the snake? Sometimes it's flashing, sometimes it's solid. I think it may also turn off?

Sometimes, if I have the red spider on an area, then hit the snake, the snake insert for that shot doesn't light up. Do these shots require multiple hits for some reason?

#2334 4 years ago

Band member picks advance you toward blackened mode which i honestly dont know the rules for very well, but its kindof a wizard mode and you can rack up points big time. You light a band member pic target insert on the playfield after completing the 4 sets of pick targets a certain number of times.

Completing the pick targets during muktiball and then getting a ball in the snake will add a ball to your Multiball.

The green led on the snake shows when he is lit for adding a leter to SNAKE. To start snake multiball. I think you have to make a shot that isnt lit with a snake insert to light the snake. Or maybe i have that backwards.

Maybe the snake has to be lit for you to light the insert on the red arrow shot? Or maybe the switch that detects the ball inside the snakes mouth needs adjustment. Ive had to tweak mine a few times so it will make good contact and register the ball 100% of the time. If the switch is out of adjustment the snake spits out the ball without giving you credit for the shot.

#2335 4 years ago

Ok, question. I have had my pro for a month or so, and the graveyard targets confuse me. After I knock them all down, sometimes they dont reset for quite a bit afterwards, even after shooting it around for a bit. They seem to reset on ramp shots from time to time.

#2336 4 years ago

once you knock em down you have to hit marker twice to start multi ball, also they reset when ball drains and lastly if you in a multi ball they don't register and will reset aft wards. I think that covers it, or at least what I have found.

#2337 4 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Ok, question. I have had my pro for a month or so, and the graveyard targets confuse me. After I knock them all down, sometimes they dont reset for quite a bit afterwards, even after shooting it around for a bit. They seem to reset on ramp shots from time to time.

The game will reset them when it is sure the ball cant get stuck behind them. If the game would somehow reset them while the ball was behind them, that is a glass off event to fix. So when the ball is up the ramp and they need reset it will reset them. Otherwise leaves them down till you drain.

#2338 4 years ago

Thanks for the replies! It seems a bit buggy when you knock them down, and then go into a shockey multiball, then they are all down, and after multi you would think you need to just hit final target 2 times at max, but sometimes its 3 or more.

#2339 4 years ago

Just curious can anyone tell me what leds are under the slingshots and return lanes? Thanks

#2340 4 years ago

Hi guys was wondering if anyone can help me with some game rules, was playing Metallica on location , an a few times I got to a point where I could pick a song , fade to black, enter the sandman etc? and the game said I got from the time the song finishes to hit switches and ramps and half way through I could take the points and cash out, for me it was 33 mil, so I was hoping someone out there can actually tell me how I got there ,and what I need to get there again, because that was the best game I ever played and would love to work it out for future... Thanks for your help..

#2341 4 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hi guys was wondering if anyone can help me with some game rules, was playing Metallica on location , an a few times I got to a point where I could pick a song , fade to black, enter the sandman etc? and the game said I got from the time the song finishes to hit switches and ramps and half way through I could take the points and cash out, for me it was 33 mil, so I was hoping someone out there can actually tell me how I got there ,and what I need to get there again, because that was the best game I ever played and would love to work it out for future... Thanks for your help..

this will help you
http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/metallica-pro.3077/

#2342 4 years ago

by any chance is anyone making a Metallica speaker grill insert similar to this (but in the metallica theme)

perhaps a "M" or maybe the snake:

spiderman speaker grill insert.jpg
metallica snake logo.JPG

#2343 4 years ago

by any chance is anyone making a Metallica speaker grill insert similar to this (but in the Metallica theme)

met speaker.jpg

I printed myself one of these, I'm still tweaking the design a bit.

Brian

#2345 4 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

... so I was hoping someone out there can actually tell me how I got there ,and what I need to get there again...

You started Crank It Up. The first time you start CIU, you have a choice of four different songs (modes). There are lots of points in these modes, especially if you can complete one and collect the jackpot before the song ends.

You got there by collecting crosses, electric switches, snakes, and coffins. Coffins you actually have to hit the captive ball every time. Crosses, electric switches, and snakes can be collected by either hitting the actual toys or the inserts that are lit for those items. Once you've collected enough for a certain item, the big inserts between the slings will light. When all four are lit, CIU will be ready to start at the Mystery hole.

I've seen a lot of guys talk about "bashing" over and over to get to CIU, and Sparky being a dangerous, unpredictable shot, but if you get some inserts lit on orbits, ramps, or drop targets, you can focus on those shots to progress toward CIU instead of bashing the toys. It's also a good strategy to purposefully not start Seek and Destroy (completing the inserts for all five lanes) because that will make it more difficult to start your next CIU because you'll need to relight the inserts.

When I progress toward CIU, I try to light all the drop inserts, and all or most of the inserts on either the left orbit or left ramp, but not both. I also try to light all the inserts on either the right ramp or right orbit, but not both. To do this, I only need to hit Sparky and the snake on purpose three or four times each. I then focus on those lanes/ramps to progress toward CIU instead of the toys. Once I collect enough crosses, snakes, and electric chairs for CIU, I focus on bashing the captive ball. At this point in the game, I've probably already hit the captive ball a few times, so it usually only takes a few more hits. If the ball passes over the inlanes, and then you hit the captive ball, it will award two coffin hits toward CIU, so it doesn't take long to light the coffin insert for CIU.

If you complete a CIU mode, and then collect the jackpot at the Mystery scoop, you can rack up big, big points! My highest score for a single mode is over 200mil on For Whom the Bell Tolls (hit each of the five lanes three times, and hit Sparky, captive ball, and snake at least once before collecting the jackpot at the Mystery scoop (you'll automatically qualify the cross when you complete that lane during the mode).

Hope that helps!

#2346 4 years ago

I'm facing a dilemma. I got these scores a week ago and I'm contemplating selling the game or trading toward another game. Am I crazy. I know I can always raise the outposts again but I'm afraid since I've already gotten a great score it won't matter. If you can based on the pics, let me know if there is a lot more to conquer. It's not like I scored a billion, but with that good of a first ball some of the air has come out of the tires.

So what should I do?

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg
#2347 4 years ago

Don't sell it! You'll regret it later Change your songs so it feels like a new experience.

#2348 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

So what should I do?

Focus on something other than your score, like combos. Treat each game like Pin-golf: set a goal, and see how many balls it takes to reach it.

#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm facing a dilemma. I got these scores a week ago and I'm contemplating selling the game or trading toward another game.

A few great scores on a game and you're done with the game forever? Do you do that with every game?

#2350 4 years ago

by any chance is anyone making a Metallica speaker grill insert similar to this (but in the metallica theme)
spiderman speaker grill insert.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica snake logo.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I got the M star inserts as a special order from dugfreez at speakerlightkits.com with my speaker lights and they are awesome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 64.00
There are 16854 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside