Topic Stats

• 16,882 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 minutes ago by Aflacjack
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,857 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16882 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 338.
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I just joined the club over the weekend! Traded my Congo and a wad of cash for a Premium Monsters Edition!

20150206_212549.jpg 352 KB

Awesome! I sold my Congo to buy my Pro.

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Yeah I love the way it feels going back and forth. Combos are kind of my thing and I suck at just about all else. I don't feel like its a lot of work though on the default setting to get to crank it up playing on directors cut. In fact I'd say any game I do not make it there was just a poor game. TF on the other hand, that's grinding work.

The goal is to make it to more than one CIU mode in a game. That's why there's four different ones.

The multiballs aren't the focus. They're just 'tools' to safely get you closer to your next CIU mode. Do you know how to mark and finish a shot? If you want to get to multiple CIU modes in a single game, you need to know how to do those things.

1. Mark right ramp
2. Finish right ramp
3. Shoot right ramp, then captive ball with return
4. Repeat until next CIU is qualified

The super duper skill shot can finish one shot with a single flip. It's not a grind if you play it right and make your shots. If you focus on multiballs for points, you're doing it wrong.

#2203 4 years ago

Yes I mark shots and said its not a grind to get ciu. When I said combos are my thing I meant in general. That's my this feels good shots so I'm going to do it over and over even though its not rewarding.

#2204 4 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

The goal is to make it to more than one CIU mode in a game. That's why there's four different ones.
The multiballs aren't the focus. They're just 'tools' to safely get you closer to your next CIU mode. Do you know how to mark and finish a shot? If you want to get to multiple CIU modes in a single game, you need to know how to do those things.
1. Mark right ramp
2. Finish right ramp
3. Shoot right ramp, then captive ball with return
4. Repeat until next CIU is qualified
The super duper skill shot can finish one shot with a single flip. It's not a grind if you play it right and make your shots. If you focus on multiballs for points, you're doing it wrong.

I suppose by "mark" ramps, you're talking about getting them lit so they award one Electric Chair, one Grave Marker, and one Snake for each shot?

#2205 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I suppose by "mark" ramps, you're talking about getting them lit so they award one Electric Chair, one Grave Marker, and one Snake for each shot?

Yep. I dig that aspect big time and find item collecting like pinball crack.

#2206 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Yes I mark shots and said its not a grind to get ciu. When I said combos are my thing I meant in general. That's my this feels good shots so I'm going to do it over and over even though its not rewarding.

Try the end of line tactic. This is where you shoot the right ramp and then shoot it straight into the fuel lane. The ball will feed back down to the left flipper for another right ramp shot. If you are on target you can hit several in a row and get some good point this way. Not to mention get your 2x playfield going. I find this to be a rewarding combo as it's tough to get down.

#2207 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Try the end of line tactic. This is where you shoot the right ramp and then shoot it straight into the fuel lane. The ball will feed back down to the left flipper for another right ramp shot. If you are on target you can hit several in a row and get some good point this way. Not to mention get your 2x playfield going. I find this to be a rewarding combo as it's tough to get down.

oooooooooo I like.

#2208 4 years ago

This game is owning me lately. My high score is 629 Million. I must have played 30 games this past weekend. Average score was in the 30-50 million range. With the highest being 180 million. I can't even get close to my GC high score that has been up there for well over a month. Yet I keep pushing that start buitton, searching for the one monster game.

Good times.

#2209 4 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

If you focus on multiballs for points, you're doing it wrong.

Truth.

If one plays well/correctly, it's not unreasonable to have CIU ready to go after a single multiball.

#2210 4 years ago

I was just playing my Metallica Pro LED. I was on Graveyard Multi-ball. After several crazy hits, the Super Jackpot was announced. As I'm new at this pin I concluded that since I was in Graveyard Multi-ball logically hitting the graveyard will grant me the Super Jackpot, well ... I kept sending balls into the graveyard to the point that all balls were held by the magnet. Not only did I did not get the Super Jackpot, but the magnet held the balls until time out at which time all balls came rolling down. Two question for you wizards: 1. Is this normal? 2. Which is the Super Jackpot target during Graveyard multi-ball?

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I was just playing my Metallica Pro LED. I was on Graveyard Multi-ball. After several crazy hits, the Super Jackpot was announced. As I'm new at this pin I concluded that since I was in Graveyard Multi-ball logically hitting the graveyard will grant me the Super Jackpot, well ... I kept sending balls into the graveyard to the point that all balls were held by the magnet. Not only did I did not get the Super Jackpot, but the magnet held the balls until time out at which time all balls came rolling down. Two question for you wizards: 1. Is this normal? 2. Which is the Super Jackpot target during Graveyard multi-ball?

You gotta man up and actually hit that magnet locked ball

The double jackpot is at the cross after collecting 5 cross jackpots. At this point the magnet will grab the ball. You then have to hit that locked ball ball hard enough to push it in to the opto behind it for the SJP. If you trickle a shot up there, the magnet will grab more balls and eventually ball search if you get them all up there.

#2212 4 years ago

thats a prob... you have to kick the ball on the magnet to free it, if you shot is too weak, all balls are on the magnet, and nothing is collected

#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

You gotta man up and actually hit that magnet locked ball

The double jackpot is at the cross after collecting 5 cross jackpots. At this point the magnet will grab the ball. You then have to hit that locked ball ball hard enough to push it in to the opto behind it for the SJP. If you trickle a shot up there, the magnet will grab more balls and eventually ball search if you get them all up there.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

thats a prob... you have to kick the ball on the magnet to free it, if you shot is too weak, all balls are on the magnet, and nothing is collected

Thank you both; what you both said makes sense.

#2214 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

No, what you're describing is what happens after you finish a shot. At the beginning of the game, one major shot will be 'marked'. You can tell the marked shot by the flashing arrow insert on that shot. You can either change the marked shot by shooting another major shot, or you can work on the already marked shot.

Once a shot is marked, you can 'finish' it by shooting the other major shots while that shot is marked. Hit Sparky and the Sparky insert below the marked shot lights. Hit the snake and the snake insert under the marked shot lights. Once you get all four inserts lit, you get a hurryup at the captive ball to finish the shot and lock it in. Once it's locked, it acts like you described above. Each shot gives you credit towards CIU for Sparky, snake and graveyard. *The marked shot can move.* Keep your eye on the flashing arrow. That's the currently marked shot.

The captive ball hits have their own shortcut. The inlanes start a brief hurryup for double hits on the captive ball. Can't recall if it's just double for coffin MB or if it's just for CIU (don't own one). Using instant info to see how close you are to the next CIU mode is a must. There's a screen specifically for CIU requirements. Use it. Most often, you'll have everything but the coffin finished. There's no point in hitting any other shot if all you need is coffin hits. From watching others much better than me, I've learned that the right ramp is the best overall shot to get back to CIU. Post passing is easy on MET. If the ball is on the right flipper, I'll pass it to the left flipper and shoot the right ramp. The right ramp is safe and it returns to a flipper. Easy money.

I also always go for the super skill shot on the right ramp. If I'm really lucky, it's marked for the super duper (flashing arrow) and I make the shot. One flip, right ramp completed. If it's not the super duper and I make the shot, I collect the super points and have the right ramp marked. If I miss, I quickly look to see which shot is the super duper and see if I can make that shot before time runs out.

#2215 4 years ago

This game is freaking awesome. Just got mine today and probably played 10-12 games and it felt like when I first got IM, JUST ONE MORE GAME!! I noticed Ride the Lightening and Blackened weren't on the list of songs at startup. Am I at the wrong code or do modes get you those songs?

#2216 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

This game is freaking awesome. Just got mine today and probably played 10-12 games and it felt like when I first got IM, JUST ONE MORE GAME!! I noticed Ride the Lightening and Blackened weren't on the list of songs at startup. Am I at the wrong code or do modes get you those songs?

Sounds like you need to update your code, yeah.

#2217 4 years ago

yep, I don't have 1.63. Came that way in the box. Update downloading as we speak

#2218 4 years ago

Ya update your code for those songs.

#2219 4 years ago

Phishrace, thanks for elaborating on the rules... I've had my Pro for just about 2 weeks, less than 100 games on it, and I'm starting to wrap my head around whats going on with the marked shots and solid vs. blinking arrows. Between the PAPA tutorial and stuff you're offering, its starting to come together for me.

My scores were actually better when I didn't know what I was doing and just shooting up the middle and getting Sparky multiball going! My first NIB and what a great game!

#2220 4 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

This game is owning me lately. My high score is 629 Million. I must have played 30 games this past weekend. Average score was in the 30-50 million range. With the highest being 180 million. I can't even get close to my GC high score that has been up there for well over a month. Yet I keep pushing that start buitton, searching for the one monster game.
Good times.

Simple....your not drinking enough.

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

yep, I don't have 1.63. Came that way in the box. Update downloading as we speak

I would verify you have the new magnet board as well. If you dont you will most likely get lots of phantom hammers.

Also if you have any issues with rejects to the gravyard standups, they sent me an updated assembly. My first set of targets rejected many shots, my new set does not.

#2222 4 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

No, what you're describing is what happens after you finish a shot. At the beginning of the game, one major shot will be 'marked'. You can tell the marked shot by the flashing arrow insert on that shot. You can either change the marked shot by shooting another major shot, or you can work on the already marked shot.
Once a shot is marked, you can 'finish' it by shooting the other major shots while that shot is marked. Hit Sparky and the Sparky insert below the marked shot lights. Hit the snake and the snake insert under the marked shot lights. Once you get all four inserts lit, you get a hurryup at the captive ball to finish the shot and lock it in. Once it's locked, it acts like you described above. Each shot gives you credit towards CIU for Sparky, snake and graveyard. *The marked shot can move.* Keep your eye on the flashing arrow. That's the currently marked shot.
The captive ball hits have their own shortcut. The inlanes start a brief hurryup for double hits on the captive ball. Can't recall if it's just double for coffin MB or if it's just for CIU (don't own one). Using instant info to see how close you are to the next CIU mode is a must. There's a screen specifically for CIU requirements. Use it. Most often, you'll have everything but the coffin finished. There's no point in hitting any other shot if all you need is coffin hits. From watching others much better than me, I've learned that the right ramp is the best overall shot to get back to CIU. Post passing is easy on MET. If the ball is on the right flipper, I'll pass it to the left flipper and shoot the right ramp. The right ramp is safe and it returns to a flipper. Easy money.
I also always go for the super skill shot on the right ramp. If I'm really lucky, it's marked for the super duper (flashing arrow) and I make the shot. One flip, right ramp completed. If it's not the super duper and I make the shot, I collect the super points and have the right ramp marked. If I miss, I quickly look to see which shot is the super duper and see if I can make that shot before time runs out.

I usually play this way -- trying to finish shots and collect hurryups -- but lately have been focusing on:

1- Super skill shot
2 - Getting Sparky meltable going ASAP

Once Sparky is going, you can nail tons of shots and let finishing shots and hurryups take care of themselves, basically.

Meltable Jackpots are light. CIU modes are where you want to get to. The quicker the better.

Then in a CIU mode, get 2X scoring ready, then cash in for double. Scored over 300MM in Sandman this way.

#2223 4 years ago

I have a METLE, and I love how the inserts light different colors for the Super Skill (yellow), combos (red), Lady Justice mode (pink), after CIU (orange), and a few others (blue and purple?).

I'm just curious how the Pro indicates these modes or scoring opportunities. Do they just blink white?

#2224 4 years ago

Hey fellas just replaced the cube w/ captive.. first impressions are positive anyhow went w/ an orange glo-ball not sure how it may hold up but thought it was pic worthy

image.jpg image-417.jpg
#2225 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

went w/ an orange glo-ball not sure how it may hold up but thought it was pic worthy

Cool, update us on how it holds up!

#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

The captive ball hits have their own shortcut. The inlanes start a brief hurryup for double hits on the captive ball. Can't recall if it's just double for coffin MB or if it's just for CIU (don't own one).

Just for CIU. All MB lock hits are one at a time on a premium at least.

#2227 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I would verify you have the new magnet board as well. If you dont you will most likely get lots of phantom hammers.
Also if you have any issues with rejects to the gravyard standups, they sent me an updated assembly. My first set of targets rejected many shots, my new set does not.

What is the best way to tell what version of the magnet board I have? And I haven't played enough (that will change shortly) to know if I've gotten any graveyard standup rejects. I am pretty sure I haven't seen a ghost hammer hit though.

#2228 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

What is the best way to tell what version of the magnet board I have? And I haven't played enough (that will change shortly) to know if I've gotten any graveyard standup rejects. I am pretty sure I haven't seen a ghost hammer hit though.

Check here for pics - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magnet-board-old-and-new-w-pics-metallica-le

Tilted81 - I like your idea. Due let us know how it holds up. Those are expensive or I'd try one. Think a lime green would look cool too.

#2229 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Hey fellas just replaced the cube w/ captive.. first impressions are positive anyhow went w/ an orange glo-ball not sure how it may hold up but thought it was pic worthy

image.jpg 252 KB

image-417.jpg 224 KB

Nice touch, gives ya something to shoot at. I have the green one in my Pro but it's behind the steel one. Yours is in front because if you had it in back you'd never see it because of the hammer.

#2230 4 years ago

I have another small batch of 10 sparky airball protectors, if anyone is interested. $7 shipped. I have to limit this to US orders only. Please pm me for details of you are interested.

Thanks.

#2231 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I have another small batch of 10 sparky airball protectors, if anyone is interested. $7 shipped. I have to limit this to US orders only. Please pm me for details of you are interested.
Thanks.

These work awesome!! (Sparky air all eliminator)

#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Thanks.

I am interested.

#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Thanks.

pm sent

#2234 4 years ago

Just had the best game yet (3 day of having it) 440 million, and that's 3 ball with all standard settings. Got CIU 3 different times and saw some kind of mode I had never seen. This pin is awesome!!!

#2235 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Thanks.

Pm sent

#2236 4 years ago

Love the call "Jack fu**in' pot".

Does anyone else always choke on CIU? Every time I get it I drain really quickly and don't get to cash it out. I think I need to practise in more high pressure situations.

#2237 4 years ago

Installed my sparky protector from Rickwh yesterday. Great fix to the problem, easy install, and works/looks great. Thanks Rick. This could be the most important mod available to get first if you want your table looking good for a long time.

#2238 4 years ago

Thanks man! My magnet was taking a beating cause it would pull airballs down out of the air and slam them on top of the magnet. The protector keeps that to a minimum/or not at all. Also things like the spots near sparky dont get knocked around.

#2239 4 years ago

ev

Quoted from Rickwh:Thanks man! My magnet was taking a beating cause it would pull airballs down out of the air and slam them on top of the magnet. The protector keeps that to a minimum/or not at all. Also things like the spots near sparky dont get knocked around.

everyone needs an extended plastic for sparky on this machine, don't know why stern didn't engineer it like it should be.

#2240 4 years ago

Any chance someone can post a pic of the protector? Would love to see how it works

#2241 4 years ago

Here ya go... It just extends out further over his feet.

Sparky Air Ball Protector.JPG
#2242 4 years ago

thanks, ok, I saw this inthe local machine on venue wasn't sure if there was something different out there. Looks like it works well and funny enough, I didn't notice it until today after reading about this mod and wondering where it would go

#2243 4 years ago

I modded my snake for red LED eyes. I know a few others are doing these installs too, but I have several sets of eyes left. If anybody is interested, I can install it for $55 shipped back to you. I only have red currently on hand. If another color is desired let me know, and I can get them. PM me if interested. The mod turned out perfectly, and the eyes look great even while off.

snake2.jpg snake1.jpg
#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

Here ya go... It just extends out further over his feet.

Sparky Air Ball Protector.JPG 85 KB

Hudson, I see where you had to drill a new hole in your plastic. You said you had to do that shortly after you got it. I'd be happy to send you a new one (free). If you change your mind, lemme know. Yours was from a batch before I started test fitting each one in my machine before I ship them out.

Rick

#2245 4 years ago

Hoping to find a Metallica pro and get into this club

#2246 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Hudson, I see where you had to drill a new hole in your plastic. You said you had to do that shortly after you got it. I'd be happy to send you a new one (free). If you change your mind, lemme know. Yours was from a batch before I started test fitting each one in my machine before I ship them out.
Rick

WOW what service after the sale. Your the BEST Rick.

#2247 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Thanks man! My magnet was taking a beating cause it would pull airballs down out of the air and slam them on top of the magnet. The protector keeps that to a minimum/or not at all. Also things like the spots near sparky dont get knocked around.

Got your protector in today cant say enough on the quality and the change of game play thank you again and for our Metallica community truly a game changer!

#2248 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I modded my snake for red LED eyes. I know a few others are doing these installs too, but I have several sets of eyes left. If anybody is interested, I can install it for $55 shipped back to you. I only have red currently on hand. If another color is desired let me know, and I can get them. PM me if interested. The mod turned out perfectly, and the eyes look great even while off.

snake2.jpg 35 KB

snake1.jpg 34 KB

Is there a how-to for taking the top of the snake off? If so, I'd be interested in doing it and sending mine to you for this mod (read: not committed to doing it, but interested).

#2249 4 years ago

It has been a while, but im pretty sure there is just 2 screws to get the top of the snake off.
1 the big hex screw Down through the top of his head
2 there is a small screw in the roof of his mouth up into his head.

For the inside the mouth screw i used a tiny ratchet screw driver.
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-5-pc-ratchet-wrench-set/p-00947478000P

Hope that helps.

#2250 4 years ago

Last batch of 10 (make it 9 cause i jacked one up) sparky protectors are gone. Had a couple more people interested, so i have another batch ready to go if anyone out there (US only, sorry) wants one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 35.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mccordsville, IN
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Escondido, CA
There are 16882 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside