IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 433.
#2151 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The plastic angle strips that you added are just clear plastic drywall corner protectors that you just glued on to the originals right?

The plastic is the same as it was in the original mod. The mod just had bare plastic on the top piece, so he put a second sticker on the top to cover it. I found the LEDs painful to look at from the sides, and the intended effect of lighting up the side art was mostly lost due to the white flashing light that was overwhelming during the modes that used it. I asked Gio to get me a couple of extra stickers after the first game I played on the machine at CAX last year. It was a perfect fix, and turned the mod into a masterpiece instead of something I would have removed.

#2152 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The plastic angle strips that you added are just clear plastic drywall corner protectors that you just glued on to the originals right?

I guess I misunderstood your first question, those are the Creeping Death light strips from PR, I didn't add anything except the decals running along the top. In their pics/video it doesn't show the decals along the sides of the strips which come already applied, those must've been prototypes.

The only modifications I did was buying a set of the decals to run along the tops of the strips, and then adding some washers as spacers to raise the strips up a bit as the top decals now cut off some of the light to the side art, creating a dark line mainly along the rear 1/3.

If you watch their video you can see how bright/blinding the lights are when he's filming from the side. Seems even brighter in person. I really like them, they do block some of the view of the ramps, but the ball moves so fast it doesn't matter, I suck at playing anyway.

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Creeping-Death-Lighting-effects-for-the-Cabinet-Panels/p/30141856/category=5707242

*EDIT*-The link doesn't go to the page I wanted it too, but does go to the store page.

PRCDlightStrip.pngPRCDlightStrip.png

#2153 9 years ago

I see now, I haven't put mine on yet so I didn't understand how it mounted. I'll contact the Refinery and get 2 more stickers also. Thanks guys.

#2155 9 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I have these guy back in stock again.
http://iamdarras.bigcartel.com/product/met-eye-ball-coffin

image.jpg 147 KB

Great, it looks bare without it. But will they stick better?

#2156 9 years ago

Do they just stick right over the insert?

#2157 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Do they just stick right over the insert?

Yes, they are the static cling material.

#2158 9 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I have these guy back in stock again.
http://iamdarras.bigcartel.com/product/met-eye-ball-coffin

image.jpg 147 KB

Cool, ordered one last night.

#2159 9 years ago

i put a small piece of thin Mylar over mine

#2160 9 years ago

I spent some time away from my MET for a while, and now it's back to being my favorite DMD. I'm just now upgrading to 1.63. My only problem with the game is that the drop targets brick like crazy. Is there a fix for this?

#2161 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I spent some time away from my MET for a while, and now it's back to being my favorite DMD. I'm just now upgrading to 1.63. My only problem with the game is that the drop targets brick like crazy. Is there a fix for this?

Mine don't seem to like hard hits... When they're hit with a soft shot or even blooped with a ball going back and forth off the slings they drop right down. When you pound them with a shot right off the flipper they don't drop about 1/3 of the time. This is mainly true of the first one because its tough to get a really a hard hit on the inner targets.

That first target really takes a beating, so if having it not drop 100% is the price of making it sturdy enough, I'm OK with it.

#2162 9 years ago

Question about the hammer/magnet board...So I got a MET PR a few months ago. Came with the most up to date software (I believe and if not, I updated it) but the manufacture date was a year or so ago...The hammer/mag board doesnt look like the replacement/newest one...How do I know if I should replace it? Thanks

#2163 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I used to have this issue early on, Stern sent me a whole new target bank assembly and its worked much better since. Maybe too late, but if you got one of the early runs and didnt replace the entire assembly you should contact them.

#2164 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Question about the hammer/magnet board...So I got a MET PR a few months ago. Came with the most up to date software (I believe and if not, I updated it) but the manufacture date was a year or so ago...The hammer/mag board doesnt look like the replacement/newest one...How do I know if I should replace it? Thanks

There is a thread somewhere around here that shows the difference, ill have to look. But I will tell you this if you are on the latest code you will get a lot of phantom hammer strikes if you have the old board and very few if any with the new board. When was yours made? if it was in 2014 I think you have the new one.

#2165 9 years ago

There's a red dot on the IC in the center of the magnet board on the revised ones.

It also has a smaller power resistor on the side of the board, although I have seen non-revised boards with the small resistor as well so that's not a great indicator.

#2166 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

There is a thread somewhere around here that shows the difference, ill have to look. But I will tell you this if you are on the latest code you will get a lot of phantom hammer strikes if you have the old board and very few if any with the new board. When was yours made? if it was in 2014 I think you have the new one.

Phantom hammer strikes....Like the hammer literally just slams down with no ball there?

#2167 9 years ago

Phantom hammer strikes....Like the hammer literally just slams down with no ball there?

Yes. Often triggered by the Sparky flasher once lock is lit if I recall correctly. It's a bit different on everyones machine.

#2168 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Yes. Often triggered by the Sparky flasher once lock is lit if I recall correctly. It's a bit different on everyones machine.

hmmmm. I dont recall ever seeing that...Any other symptoms?

#2169 9 years ago

It was a Stern Service Bulletin. Just check your serial number. I had a premium and it had the newer board.

Date: 8/30/2013

Subject: Metallica L/E and Premium machines. New firmware for the magnet processor board along with software version V1.22 or higher optimizes the hammer/magnet feature.

Symptoms: False hammer strikes. Or the magnet will grab and hold the ball for a brief moment and release it without the hammer and disappearing ball mechanism activating.

Solution: Contact your distributor for a replacement magnet processor board # 520-6801-00. Please note. Games manufactured with serial number # 242584 or higher will have the new magnet processor board.

#2170 9 years ago

I realize this thread is 44 pages long so i hope you guys will bear with me, but can someone maybe make a top 5 or 7 list of mods in order of most recommended for a Prem/LE machine? Are the fangs from mezelmods holding up? If anyone has a list and or video of the mods I'd love to see it. Thanks in advance!

#2171 9 years ago

How do you guys feel about the hammer led mod? Does it take away the effect from the coffin being lit?

#2172 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

It was a Stern Service Bulletin. Just check your serial number. I had a premium and it had the newer board.
Date: 8/30/2013
Subject: Metallica L/E and Premium machines. New firmware for the magnet processor board along with software version V1.22 or higher optimizes the hammer/magnet feature.
Symptoms: False hammer strikes. Or the magnet will grab and hold the ball for a brief moment and release it without the hammer and disappearing ball mechanism activating.
Solution: Contact your distributor for a replacement magnet processor board # 520-6801-00. Please note. Games manufactured with serial number # 242584 or higher will have the new magnet processor board.

Check this out!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2173 9 years ago

hmmmm. I dont recall ever seeing that...Any other symptoms?

The other problem was the opposite symptom, the magnet would grab the ball, then release it without doing the lock sequence.

If your game is playable and exhibits no weird lock sequences on the latest code, it's unlikely you need anything. I would still double check but when the code came for this new board, the game was almost unplayable due to phantom hammering.

#2174 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The other problem was the opposite symptom, the magnet would grab the ball, then release it without doing the lock sequence.
If your game is playable and exhibits no weird lock sequences on the latest code, it's unlikely you need anything. I would still double check but when the code came for this new board, the game was almost unplayable due to phantom hammering.

I've never seen anything strange on it but the board itself looks like the old one...

#2176 9 years ago

Check this out!!!

image.jpg 151 KB

one number shy of having the upgraded board.

#2177 9 years ago

I've never seen anything strange on it but the board itself looks like the old one...

Yeah mine never did anything weird on the old board either, still upgraded. My buddy's was like crazy town phantom hammering on the old hardware. Dunno why but it's pretty wild how different it all can be.

#2178 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I realize this thread is 44 pages long so i hope you guys will bear with me, but can someone maybe make a top 5 or 7 list of mods in order of most recommended for a Prem/LE machine? Are the fangs from mezelmods holding up? If anyone has a list and or video of the mods I'd love to see it. Thanks in advance!

One of the fangs broke off my snake the first day I installed them. Curiously the second has been fine ever since. They are cheap so prolly worth the investment till they break. Super glue can fix.

#2179 9 years ago

Just got done adding my Creeping Death lighting. Put the extra sticker on top of the plastic to get rid of the side glare and had to completely rework the extra spot lights and TV screen mountings and positions but now the screen almost completely blocks from view both spot lights. I also lowered the fronts of the led rails 1/2in. using shorter standoffs. Sure does look good when Sparky gets fried.

IMGA0679.JPGIMGA0679.JPG
IMGA0680.JPGIMGA0680.JPG
IMGA0683.JPGIMGA0683.JPG
IMGA0682.JPGIMGA0682.JPG

#2180 9 years ago

Very late to this party, but I have a Dirty Donny Monsters Prem coming next Tuesday or Wednesday. Also just bought my first mod, a sub kit from pinnovators so i can hook up my ACDC Prem and Metallica Prem to my Klipsch Reference RW-12d 12" Powered Subwoofer. Is this thing gonna rock or what?

#2181 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Very late to this party, but I have a Dirty Donny Monsters Prem coming next Tuesday or Wednesday. Also just bought my first mod, a sub kit from pinnovators so i can hook up my ACDC Prem and Metallica Prem to my Klipsch Reference RW-12d 12" Powered Subwoofer. Is this thing gonna rock or what?

ACDC yes, MET not so much. MET will sound better of course, but the music has such anemic low end.

Rob

#2182 9 years ago

well my MET will be playing 12 Rush songs very soon so I expect it to Rock

#2183 9 years ago

Had to give Bre some love, she painted Sparky for me and he looks awesome.
Sparky2.jpgSparky2.jpg

#2184 9 years ago

Yes she does do nice work especially at that price.

#2185 9 years ago

my buddy J just made this card for my MetLE on his iPad this thing is awesome I'm going to use the le shot map on the other side

image-527.jpgimage-527.jpg image-720.jpgimage-720.jpg
#2186 9 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

my buddy J just made this card for my MetLE on his iPad this thing is awesome I'm going to use the le shot map on the other side

image-527.jpg 132 KB

image-720.jpg 368 KB

They look great but your going to need a magnifying glass to read the rules card.

#2187 9 years ago

hey guys, I just got the dress slings from Pinbits (they did come with the sparky protector) has anyone else installed these? do they go on top of the plastics or underneath? looks like you can use them either way, is it user preference or is there a proper way to install them? thanks!

#2188 9 years ago

Anyone selling in MD/PA/VA?

#2189 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

hey guys, I just got the dress slings from Pinbits (they did come with the sparky protector) has anyone else installed these? do they go on top of the plastics or underneath? looks like you can use them either way, is it user preference or is there a proper way to install them? thanks!

Underneath always.

#2190 9 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Underneath always.

Thanks!

#2191 9 years ago

Just joined the Metallica Pro NIB club this weekend. First nib, and a great choice. I can't get enough of this game. Did the creeping death blades and lighting effects for it, along with snake led light. Pinball Refinery lights are awesome, and were a great mod.

#2192 9 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Just joined the Metallica Pro NIB club this weekend. First nib, and a great choice. I can't get enough of this game. Did the creeping death blades and lighting effects for it, along with snake led light. Pinball Refinery lights are awesome, and were a great mod.

Congrats! Was my 1st NIB as well.

#2193 9 years ago

I've had it a few weeks now, great game. Though CIU is so rewarding that it completely unbalances everything else. I don't mind per say but knocking out a Sparky, mop, lady justice, and coffin but draining on your only crank it up shouldn't be crushed by someone who just got a Sparky and had a decent ciu. Maybe I'm exaggerating but seems that way.

#2194 9 years ago

Crank It Up is definitely where the big points are, but you do have to grind to get it, so I wouldn't say they're slam dunks. And since they're single ball modes you do have to really play them right to make the those points. That, combined with the fact that they're the path to the wizard mode doesn't make them feel unbalanced to me, it's something you want to be going for. The multiballs can help you pick up what you need along the way.

Lady Justice is never going to be a big points thing, it's just a fun bonus. I find it satisfying since at least for me personally it's not easy to get back and forth combos on the two ramps several times in a row. That left ramp is a tight shot.

#2195 9 years ago

Yeah I love the way it feels going back and forth. Combos are kind of my thing and I suck at just about all else. I don't feel like its a lot of work though on the default setting to get to crank it up playing on directors cut. In fact I'd say any game I do not make it there was just a poor game. TF on the other hand, that's grinding work.

#2196 9 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Just joined the Metallica Pro NIB club this weekend. First nib, and a great choice.

Mine too. I've had it a few months now and I keep getting further into the game, but it still keeps kicking my ass, which I love. Haven't seen the wizard mode yet, and I imagine it'll be a long time before I do.

#2197 9 years ago

Just want to say my Metallica Premium will be here tomorrow. I'm KINDA excited.

#2198 9 years ago

I just joined the club over the weekend! Traded my Congo and a wad of cash for a Premium Monsters Edition!

20150206_212549.jpg20150206_212549.jpg
#2199 9 years ago

Now a question. I've heard of drop targets bricking, but I have the opposite problem. The first 2 drop frequently on their own, usually right after reset. Do the target blades themselves just need to be replaced?

#2200 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Now a question. I've heard of drop targets bricking, but I have the opposite problem. The first 2 drop frequently on their own, usually right after reset. Do the target blades themselves just need to be replaced?

They just need adjustment. I had to rebuild mine completely, even tried different springs and springs mounted in a different location, something is just odd with that design. At this point I still only have 2 of 3 good targets but it's better than none.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.