20240416_135630 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240416_140202_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240328_200333 (resized).jpg
20240328_200421 (resized).jpg
20240328_133636 (resized).jpg
0FFB7963-057B-4F9D-9450-E7EB169AAE89 (resized).png
IMG_0402 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,786 posts in this topic. You are on page 436 of 436.
#21751 49 days ago

I have a brand new set of the spinners add on mod (for Pro machine) for sale.

$40 shipped

Message me if interested.

IMG_7664 (resized).jpegIMG_7664 (resized).jpeg
#21752 48 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I have a brand new set of the spinners add on mod (for Pro machine) for sale.
$40 shipped
Message me if interested.
[quoted image]

And if anyone has thought about this mod, go for it! I was a little hesitant due to the need to drill a hole in the playfield and modify some plastics. Once I got over it, it was pretty darn easy, turned out looking seamless as if factory and adds a great dimension to the game.

Tips that made a big difference for my install were:

- Use a rotary tool like a Dremmel on the plastics. Like butter and very precise
- Test the plastic cutting on spare/old plastics. I had one that was cracked and needed to be replaced so just practiced on that one
- Even if you screw up and decide to cut bait, replacement plastics are easily sourced

Bottom line, adding them far overshadows any other worries/hassle

#21754 45 days ago
Quoted from Codybomb2000:

is sterns next game going to be Metallica 40th? Or do they have other titles they’re working on?

According to some podcast guy, it certainly sounds like a 40th anniversary lightning edition in July

#21755 39 days ago

I have an LE, I noticed in the coin door a label attached to the playfield. It has a 90 out 500 on it which doesn't match this machines production number engraved on the front of the machine or manual book. Is this how they all are?

20240605_190945 (resized).jpg20240605_190945 (resized).jpg
#21756 39 days ago
Quoted from Scott250r:

label attached to the playfield

Playfields are often stamped with the date and other manufacturer codes (like "Churchill Cabinets" back in the day) as well as inspection marks, manufacturer numbers, and lot numbers to track things.

I have an early pro and the white label that says:

E1-JamesP(Metal.)
(#693 of 585)

Appears they planned 585, but the demand was high so they made extra in that lot or there were rejects and extras were made.

#21757 38 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Playfields are often stamped with the date and other manufacturer codes (like "Churchill Cabinets" back in the day) as well as inspection marks, manufacturer numbers, and lot numbers to track things.
I have an early pro and the white label that says:
E1-JamesP(Metal.)
(#693 of 585)
Appears they planned 585, but the demand was high so they made extra in that lot or there were rejects and extras were made.

Interesting, thank you!

#21758 36 days ago

Hey guys, I’m getting a loud hum when holding either of the flippers during gameplay. Oddly, it’s intermittent. For example, when holding left flipper for skill shot, sometimes it’s a very loud hum, sometimes a little less loud, sometimes nothing. And it happens intermittently throughout gameplay in different situations. Any thoughts?

#21759 36 days ago
Quoted from Livin:

getting a loud hum

Flipper hum is not unusual. You can try tightening the coil stops to hold the coil tighter. Some even wrap a tie wrap around the stop/coil/bracket to reduce the buzz.

#21760 36 days ago

You can also try replacing the coil stop or lightly filing it. Sometimes just loosening and retightening helps, or even switch them.

Rob

#21761 36 days ago

I got rid of hum by just cleaning the plunger and replacing the coil sleeve.

#21762 35 days ago

Thanks for the advice guys

#21763 35 days ago
Quoted from Livin:Hey guys, I’m getting a loud hum when holding either of the flippers during gameplay. Oddly, it’s intermittent. For example, when holding left flipper for skill shot, sometimes it’s a very loud hum, sometimes a little less loud, sometimes nothing. And it happens intermittently throughout gameplay in different situations. Any thoughts?

The way I fix flipper hum on my MET is turn up the volume, if you hear flipper hum at all when playing this machine, its not nearly loud enough !!

#21764 35 days ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

The way I fix flipper hum on my MET is turn up the volume, if you hear flipper hum at all when playing this machine, its not nearly loud enough !!

LOL, Good point

#21765 30 days ago

Coffin lock Device Malfunction alert just started to pop up.
I had this problem a year ago and I checked the magnet board and the opto connections and it want away. It just started up again but checking all the connections didn’t help this time.
The coffin lock keeps going up and down like it's being told that there's a ball in the coffin lock,when there's no balls in the lock.
Does anyone have any idea of what the problem can be ?
Thanks in advance

#21766 27 days ago

Is the Coil Pulse Timing the only way to adjust flipper coil strength? I’ve installed precision flippers and want to step the power down a bit.

#21767 27 days ago

Does anyone know the fix for the grave marker magnet. During grave marker multiball, I will get one ball stuck on the magnet by the grave marker and then when I go to hit that magnet for the super jackpot, the 2nd ball gets stuck on the ball/magnet until ball search releases them. Thank you

#21768 27 days ago

Have you tried new pinballs? Sounds like they got magnetized.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21769 27 days ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Have you tried new pinballs? Sounds like they got magnetized.

Yes

#21770 27 days ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Does anyone know the fix for the grave marker magnet. During grave marker multiball, I will get one ball stuck on the magnet by the grave marker and then when I go to hit that magnet for the super jackpot, the 2nd ball gets stuck on the ball/magnet until ball search releases them. Thank you

If you don’t hit it hard enough they’ll get stuck like that. Pretty sure that’s normal.

#21771 27 days ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

If you don’t hit it hard enough they’ll get stuck like that. Pretty sure that’s normal.

Oh ok thanks. Yeah from what I remember it wasn’t a direct real hard hit. Kind of sucks because it kills your super jackpot unless you can hit it back in after the ball search, real quick, before the time expires

#21772 26 days ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Oh ok thanks. Yeah from what I remember it wasn’t a direct real hard hit. Kind of sucks because it kills your super jackpot unless you can hit it back in after the ball search, real quick, before the time expires

Yes, it is very frustrating when it happens!

#21773 26 days ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Yes, it is very frustrating when it happens!

Shake that game! I can usually get them out of there with 2 tilt warnings on my game.

#21774 26 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Shake that game! I can usually get them out of there with 2 tilt warnings on my game.

I have my tilt set pretty liberal, and I still have trouble getting them unstuck some times. Sucks when what should have been a super jackpot turns into a tilt.

#21775 26 days ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I have my tilt set pretty liberal, and I still have trouble getting them unstuck some times. Sucks when what should have been a super jackpot turns into a tilt.

Yes, it does.... We have a special string of curse words for that e

#21776 26 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Shake that game!

or open the coin door for a sec. That should work, but its very rare I get 2 stuck there. Coindoor ball saver is a great setting as well.

#21777 26 days ago
Quoted from Livin:

Is the Coil Pulse Timing the only way to adjust flipper coil strength? I’ve installed precision flippers and want to step the power down a bit.

Anyone know how to adjust flipper strength? I tried finding in the menu and manual.

#21778 26 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Coffin lock Device Malfunction alert just started to pop up.
I had this problem a year ago and I checked the magnet board and the opto connections and it want away. It just started up again but checking all the connections didn’t help this time.
The coffin lock keeps going up and down like it's being told that there's a ball in the coffin lock,when there's no balls in the lock.
Does anyone have any idea of what the problem can be ?
Thanks in advance

The game appears to be working fine now.

#21779 26 days ago
Quoted from Livin:

Anyone know how to adjust flipper strength? I tried finding in the menu and manual.

No setting on SAM pins.

#21780 26 days ago
Quoted from Livin:

Yes, change the coils to stronger/weaker

#21781 23 days ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Yes, change the coils to stronger/weaker

Now, why didn’t I think of that, LOL?

Seems like something I’ll need to live with.

Appreciate the input fellas.

#21782 21 days ago

If you thought how a bigger display look…

Check this out…

IMG_0145 (resized).jpegIMG_0145 (resized).jpegIMG_0146 (resized).jpegIMG_0146 (resized).jpegIMG_0147 (resized).jpegIMG_0147 (resized).jpeg
#21783 20 days ago

Got the ultimate Metallica/Dirty Donny piece today. #13 of 16 made.. Apparently James has 10 of them.
IMG_1065 (resized).jpgIMG_1065 (resized).jpgIMG_1064C (resized).jpgIMG_1064C (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#21784 5 days ago

Hey guys, I just have a quick question. You know when your ball kicks out and the music just keeps repeating on one part of the song until you plunge the ball? Do you know if you can turn that off in settings so it just continues playing the song like on the Iron Maiden or other music pins?

#21785 5 days ago

Hey guys, I just have a quick question. You know when your ball kicks out and the music just keeps repeating on one part of the song until you plunge the ball? Do you know if you can turn that off in settings so it just continues playing the song like on the Iron Maiden or other music pins?

Others can correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure the music loop is there to stay. Something they didn't think of at the time. Usually not a problem until someone picks Creeping Death and wanders off to grab a beer.

#21786 4 days ago

music just keeps repeating on one part of the song until you plunge the ball

It is playing the intro, waiting for you to plunge and start the song. It's a clever design detail IMHO.

If you want to hear the whole song without playing, enable the jukebox mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 21,786 posts in this topic. You are on page 436 of 436.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.