Topic Stats

• 17,201 posts
  • 960 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Dee-Bow
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,944 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg
EB43D533-A925-4165-9D81-02CB119BFBFD (resized).jpeg
FA45EFDB-A47E-43E1-93E9-D6B9E5A82DA2 (resized).jpeg
Dp4gQ5MU4AAC7vo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17201 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 345.
#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

You can kind of see it playing. Calling them and swapping it out seems like a lot of work though.
Also, would I be a lesser player if I moved in the outlanes? Lol they're killing me on drains.
Last question for now, the snake is killing me with bouncing out. Is the bottom lip supposed to be higher than the playfield on the pro? Wont it get all chipped up if so.

Your game so set it up to how you will enjoy it.

Sparks head is easy to swap out. The spring screws in so you won't even have to take the body out, which is a pain.

#2102 4 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Quick question on the Premium/LE. Other than the voice that says "lock is lit" for the coffin, is there any other indicator? Is the coffin supposed to flash when lock is lit?

Pretty sure the coffin will glow red. Will check again today.

#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pretty sure the coffin will glow red. Will check again today.

Had a look and it seems like the coffin only lights intermittently for lock. Not sure if it's supposed to. So I think the only way is to access the instant info. Must be a better way.

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had a look and it seems like the coffin only lights intermittently for lock. Not sure if it's supposed to. So I think the only way is to access the instant info. Must be a better way.

Yeah some blinking would be nice to know the lock is lit.

Rob

#2105 4 years ago

My sparky head had a scuff mark too, i think it looks good like he's a bit scorched.

#2106 4 years ago

My Metallica, I turned it on and barely have sound coming out of the backbox speakers, cabinet speaker, and my external sub is not working, but is on. I checked wiring and all and nothing. I have my volume at 42 always and it loud but now I have to max out volume just to get sound and it barely coming out.

Also have an opto switch problem, Grave Marker opto is out of service, not sure what to do here. Any ideas on what to check on this? The lights are on, but the notice is on the DMD saying "out of service"

Thanks in advance

#2107 4 years ago

Did you use the game's +12v for any mods? Check to see the 12 volt supply is still good, fuses, etc.

#2108 4 years ago

Biggest complaint so far, nailing a cross drop shot only for it to stand straight up and drain the ball stdm. Is the stiff target as designed?

#2109 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Biggest complaint so far, nailing a cross drop shot only for it to stand straight up and drain the ball stdm. Is the stiff target as designed?

I sometimes have that problem too. At first I was sure there would be some way to adjust the drop target bank forward a little bit, but no adjustment as far as I see it.

#2110 4 years ago

It's just the nature of the beast with these targets. You can shorten the spring a little to tighten it up, but even after doing that I still get hits with the target not falling. I don't think there is a 100% permanent solution to this.

Rob

#2111 4 years ago

It's a dangerous shot from the right flipper. Much better to back hand it from the left, safer way to shoot.

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Make sure the plastic is clean where it slides down. Don't know if that will help but worth checking.

#2113 4 years ago

Thought I would post this here in Case anyone has the same problem, I was having issues with sparky only registering a hit about 80% of the time, swapped the opto connections on the opto board and it seems to have fixed the issue. They are labeled switch 53.

#2114 4 years ago

This might sound stupid but when ever I polish the PF the drops start to not drop? It's happened on Met and Star Trek lol both times I've rubbed the polish off and problem fixed maybe the ball skids to fast for the drop target.

#2115 4 years ago

Actually my friend said the same thing about his TFtc

#2116 4 years ago

I just picked up a ME pro last night. One quick thing I noticed is the ball gets hung up on the plunge at the top of the PF between the lanes and the plastic plunger thing that blocks the ball. It just comes to a stop and takes quite a bit of nudging to free up. Any advice, also anything else I should look out for adjustment wise, so far that is all I have noticed.

Cheers

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I just picked up a ME pro last night. One quick thing I noticed is the ball gets hung up on the plunge at the top of the PF between the lanes and the plastic plunger thing that blocks the ball. It just comes to a stop and takes quite a bit of nudging to free up. Any advice, also anything else I should look out for adjustment wise, so far that is all I have noticed.
Cheers

Check to see if the plastic up-post is adjusted properly. When it's in the lowered position be sure it's level with the playfield. There is a adjustment screw in the bottom of the up post assembly.

#2118 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Cheers

Sounds like a leveling issue to me...

#2119 4 years ago

OK thanks I will take a look. I did a quick setup last night. The person helping me said it was happening on another he played recently so I thought it was the same. It it not getting hung up on the post though it is just resting on the wireform. It bounces off the post and moves down a little bit and just sits there.

#2120 4 years ago

Is the game at least 6.5 degrees in pitch? If not, go to at least that.

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

This might sound stupid but when ever I polish the PF the drops start to not drop? It's happened on Met and Star Trek lol both times I've rubbed the polish off and problem fixed maybe the ball skids to fast for the drop target.

Not stupid at all, that's exactly what happens. Stern drop targets tend to brick a lot when the playfield is clean and the game is playing fast.

#2122 4 years ago

Well I spent a bit more time going over it last night, the leveling was off but it turned out the real issue is that one of the balls is magnetised and it did not want to let go of the wireform. Pretty much playing perfect now. Awesome game!

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a dangerous shot from the right flipper. Much better to back hand it from the left, safer way to shoot.

I figured that back hand shot out, back hand left flipper to drop target and nail it, ball comes back down, cradle and back hand again, repeat and start the gravemarker multiball. Did all this consecutively in a game, now I can do it all the time.

#2124 4 years ago

I wish I could get the snake more from the right flipper. I suck at that stupid snake.

#2125 4 years ago

I had not played my machine for like 3 weeks, and when I went to play it last week I noticed it was having a sound issue on my Premium. Volume is up at 45, and we all know that's a good level, nice and loud, nope sounds like its at 20, Polk sub barely thumps. All speakers work, but just not loud. So I pulled J10 and reseated and no improvement. So called my distributor, he said its sound like a bad CPU board, for me to call Chaz at Stern's tech. support. So I contacted Chaz, he walked me through some things, and he determined it was a bad CPU. So under warranty they are sending me a new CPU on there dime. So far I have had to change the magnet board (which was already the updated version) already a few months back, and now have to change the CPU board on a 6 month old game. Yes it was built on a Monday as well, lol. I checked the date. Aug. 13, 2013 was a Monday.

Anyone else have this issue with there Metallica sound? Cant be a an isolated issue, cuz Chaz said they had to do exchange quite a few. Corrupted Ram I guess on the board.

So just waiting for it to come, next week probably.

Also my optos were giving me service alerts, but while playing the optos were fine. Game was spazzing out with service alert notices, but they all worked. So I reset back to factory default settings and the service alerts were gone. Still love this game, no matter I have to repair, change a board, still very fun, has not gotten boring at all.

#2126 4 years ago

Old electronics made to last, new ones made to self destruct? Hope it's not a sign of things to come...

#2127 4 years ago

That's a bummer. I was playing mine a couple days ago and half way through a ball the sound just about turned off. Started a new game by holding the start button and the sound went back to normal. Figured something just got knocked lose for a second now I'm wondering...

#2128 4 years ago

85vett, have you tried reseating J10 connector in the upper center/right of the backbox? My sound would cut out and be very tinny/scratchy at times and then fix itself. Seemed vibrations made it worse.

Someone here on pinside suggested reseating J10 and my sound issues went away. Might be worth a try if you havent.

#2129 4 years ago

It only happened that one time so never went digging but I'll give it a try to make sure everything is secure. Thanks for the tip.

#2130 4 years ago

I think everyone should agree to stop helping 85vett until he fixes his white avatar, I keep thinking my page isn't loading fully!

#2131 4 years ago

he has the rare whitewood backglass avatar.

#2132 4 years ago

LOL. I couldn't think of anything cool so I figured I'd just go with nothing for a while until I thought of something worth while.

#2133 4 years ago

That one work better? Nothing but static in my brain so I made a TV with a broken channel.

#2134 4 years ago

If you told me even a year ago I'd buy a NIB game I would have laughed at the silliness.
metallica_dark.jpg

#2135 4 years ago

Congrats, it really is a great pin, let the modding craziness begin, good luck and enjoy

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

Congrats, it really is a great pin, let the modding craziness begin, good luck and enjoy

Yeah, you'll go broke modding this one. But it's sooooooo worth it.

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

You aren't kidding. I started ordering stuff before I even had it! Mezelmods fangs and little LED speakers. haha

#2138 4 years ago

Got the replacement shooters in today. One is for my LE#199 and the other is my buddies #200. Cant wait to install em!1509785_801051883297424_2103099618736904000_n.jpg1538697_801051839964095_6152231882723982448_n.jpg10933715_801051803297432_6560849808687196770_n.jpg

#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

This worth complaining about?

WP_20150123_19_17_10_Pro.jpg 111 KB

Stern is sending me out a new Sparky and I will have to return the old one to the dealer. I wonder how much it would cost to keep???

#2140 4 years ago

Right on that they are taking care of you

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Got the replacement shooters in today. One is for my LE#199 and the other is my buddies #200. Cant wait to install em!

Uh oh, #200 won't be stock anymore!!

#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Uh oh, #200 won't be stock anymore!!

I know, whats what I told him haha. Working on him now with the hammer..

#2143 4 years ago

Seems Sparky got kidnapped and now is drag racing. I was watching this FB vid and thought I recognized our nee'r do well freind. Sure enough. DD did the paint work.dd.jpgimages.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/CruzPedregon Scroll down a bit

#2144 4 years ago

He's close, but not Sparky. Maybe Sparky's long lost brother?

Edit: more info here
http://www.jsonline.com/business/snap-ons-heavy-metal-ads-for-new-wrench-are-a-hit-b99256336z1-256784691.html

snapon.jpg

#2145 4 years ago

I added a coffin with and a gi light. Doesn't appear that red in person, although I'm going to try other colors to see if I like something better.

I have to admit, that silver coffin posted in another thread looks pretty good.

The reflection in the second pic makes it look like the snake is rolling his eyes, like I know some of you will!

IMG_1357.JPG IMG_1358.JPG
#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I added a coffin with and a gi light. Doesn't appear that red in person, although I'm going to try other colors to see if I like something better.
I have to admit, that silver coffin posted in another thread looks pretty good.
The reflection in the second pic makes it look like the snake is rolling his eyes, like I know some of you will!

IMG_1357.JPG 265 KB

IMG_1358.JPG 345 KB

I think it looks good. How do you like your modified Creeping Death decal led strip holders? They look real nice. How did ya do it?

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think it looks good. How do you like your modified Creeping Death decal led strip holders? They look real nice. How did ya do it?

I like them a lot, helps from being blinded when standing to the side while watching someone else play. I asked Gio at Pinball Refinery if I could order a set of the decals that are on the sides to put on top, which he replied "yes". I believe they were $15 for the set.

#2148 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

He's close, but not Sparky. Maybe Sparky's long lost brother?
Edit: more info here
http://www.jsonline.com/business/snap-ons-heavy-metal-ads-for-new-wrench-are-a-hit-b99256336z1-256784691.html

snapon.jpg 66 KB

I'm glad they mentioned Ed Roth in the article, he is definitely the inspiration for Donnys car art.

roth_wildchild.jpg

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I'm glad they mentioned Ed Roth in the article, he is definitely the inspiration for Donnys car art

roth_wildchild.jpg 170 KB

Man an Ed Roth EM would have been pretty cool.

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I like them a lot, helps from being blinded when standing to the side while watching someone else play. I asked Gio at Pinball Refinery if I could order a set of the decals that are on the sides to put on top, which he replied "yes". I believe they were $15 for the set.

The plastic angle strips that you added are just clear plastic drywall corner protectors that you just glued on to the originals right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
There are 17201 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 345.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside