IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 429 of 433.
#21401 3 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Rumors I have heard is will be same game with large display & different art. IMHO it will most likely have the metallic hyper embossed art work, mirrored back glass, powder laser cut armor and other special features that Elvira BRK had. They will call it some type of special edition like Ride the lightning or #### anniversary edition and charge $12,999 for it. Many have said it will be too difficult to port over to spike, but if Stern wants to do it, they will make it happen.

If this is true, I’d probably entertain the idea of a new back glass artwork if it looks cool.

Mirrored back glasses really shine and would be a fresh change for MET Prem.

Other than that, I agree my $$$ is also safe.

#21402 3 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

pardon my ignorance but what are powerblades? Thx!

They are for the side art on your inner cabinet, they interact with the machine

#21403 3 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I would try the following. Reseat(unplug and plug back in) J1 and J12 on the CPU/Sound Board. Also reseat both connectors on the 6 transistor Driver Board. You could also reseat both ends of the ribbon cable that connects the CPU to the Power Driver Board. Of course, do all this with the power turned off.

Ok, you might be a genius! It seems this may have worked. 1 hour after doing what you said, no issues. So for now…Thank you so much! This issue has been lingering for months.

#21404 3 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hope with the rumored MET w/LCD they keep the DD art package. It’s going to be interesting how Stern approaches it.

So I believe DD left Stern on Bad terms…so I heard.

#21405 3 months ago

A day early before its December, but went ahead and decided to throw the custom Christmas mix on my machine. Love this time of year!

IMG_0372 (resized).jpegIMG_0372 (resized).jpegIMG_0373 (resized).jpegIMG_0373 (resized).jpeg
#21406 3 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Well there is a difference….you have some that have to have the newest/latest period and those that value the game play. You don’t play the LCD or the DMD…you play the game. Insider connect is a Fucking JOKE….i could care less about any of that. Fact is I DONT want any of my stuff connected. Doesn’t need to be. I like things simple and that’s just one more complication I don’t need.
Fact is it’s coming off my Elvira BRK and I will swap an apron and have proper decals made so it looks right. That’s my plan anyway or move it to the coin door. Don’t need automatic updates, advertising or other crap pushed to my machine. I decide how much fun I have, not insider connect. Enough on that.
Maybe newer people think an older DMD game means they will have to constantly make repairs or what not…SAM era games are tanks…few big issues over time if any. So that should not be a concern. Most DMD era games are very repairable so it’s really a non issue. I find most animations on the LCD era games underwhelming and usually as a player you don’t have much time to watch them anyway. Great if you are watching someone else play though.

Agreed on the Insiders Connect

#21407 3 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

A day early before its December, but went ahead and decided to throw the custom Christmas mix on my machine. Love this time of year! [quoted image][quoted image]

WTF: How did you do that.

Quoted from djreddog:

A day early before its December, but went ahead and decided to throw the custom Christmas mix on my machine. Love this time of year! [quoted image][quoted image]

#21408 3 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Courtesy of mcuzz

Here is the thread. 2 versions of custom code. One has standard Christmas songs, the other has heavy metal Christmas songs.

Grab the code, update your machine. Enjoy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/christmetallica-a-christmas-sound-mod#post-6634107

#21409 3 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

olivier's (@oga83) pinball browser software allows you to modify the stern .bin files

#21410 89 days ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Do you have Powerbladez installed ? On some machines the Bladez interfere with the optos and set off Sparky and drop targets randomly. I had to take them off my machine as others have, with no known cure. Usually on the later run machines

Yes this is true, but it can be adjusted. You have to check the alignment of the optos around the feet of Sparky and also the rising cross. If one of the optos is crooked, it will pick up the flashing form the PowerBladez. Therefore triggering Sparky. Also I have seen the same thing happen with the El (aftermarket mod) wire to Sparky's head do this as well.

#21411 89 days ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Yes this is true, but it can be adjusted. You have to check the alignment of the optos around the feet of Sparky and also the rising cross. If one of the optos is crooked, it will pick up the flashing form the PowerBladez. Therefore triggering Sparky. Also I have seen the same thing happen with the El (aftermarket mod) wire to Sparky's head do this as well.

Can you correct the alignment or maybe put some tape over the optos to have it more precise?

#21412 88 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

So I believe DD left Stern on Bad terms…so I heard.

Yeah…heard pretty similar things on that. Just know Metallica is big…if it’s their project/license they can call the shot on many things including who does the art so it’s possible he could be involved if Metallica wants him on it.

#21413 87 days ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Yeah…heard pretty similar things on that. Just know Metallica is big…if it’s their project/license they can call the shot on many things including who does the art so it’s possible he could be involved if Metallica wants him on it.

Totally agree. I’d be all over a new Metallica layout Pin.

#21414 86 days ago
Quoted from Pickle:

like the way this man thinks

5DD3561B-9FDB-4D95-946B-7460A2D224B4.gif5DD3561B-9FDB-4D95-946B-7460A2D224B4.gif
#21415 85 days ago

My personal observation is that the rumor is just that, a rumor. People have talked about a 40th anniversary game but in reality Metallica was founded in 1981 and they celebrated 40 years in 2021. Kill em all was released in late 1983 but it’s now December so unless they announce something soon, I wouldn’t count on anything more than a vault release

#21416 84 days ago

Ride the Lightning was released July ‘84

So perhaps a 40th Ride Lightning edition?
RTL Is the main theme of the pin afterall

Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

My personal observation is that the rumor is just that, a rumor. People have talked about a 40th anniversary game but in reality Metallica was founded in 1981 and they celebrated 40 years in 2021. Kill em all was released in late 1983 but it’s now December so unless they announce something soon, I wouldn’t count on anything more than a vault release

05B0F6C4-D593-487D-A187-367736D01530 (resized).jpeg05B0F6C4-D593-487D-A187-367736D01530 (resized).jpeg

#21417 84 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Rumors I have heard is will be same game with large display & different art.

Different art! Hahahahaha! Yeah like they could improve on Dirty Donny's style. Thats what made this game. What is Zombie Eddie going to melt some crayons so it blends in with all the other line up. Boring! Thats why I like it. It stands out.

#21418 84 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Different art! Hahahahaha! Yeah like they could improve on Dirty Donny's style. Thats what made this game. What is Zombie Eddie going to melt some crayons so it blends in with all the other line up. Boring! Thats why I like it. It stands out.

If there is a new Metallica, I believe it will be all new.

#21419 84 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Ride the Lightning was released July ‘84
So perhaps a 40th Ride Lightning edition?
RTL Is the main theme of the pin afterall

[quoted image]

Very plausible I suppose.

#21420 83 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If there is a new Metallica, I believe it will be all new.

I’m guessing it will be the same art and layout, but “upgraded” with a LCD screen with maybe some concert footage added. Add some new armor and voilá—“new” game for double the price of the original.

#21421 81 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I’m guessing it will be the same art and layout, but “upgraded” with a LCD screen with maybe some concert footage added. Add some new armor and voilá—“new” game for double the price of the original.

who wants concert footage clips. If they are anything like Led Zeppelin’s short clips -no thanks . The color dmd and clips now are already the best of any current Dmd . Not sure this or the art can be any better than it already is

#21422 80 days ago
Quoted from PinFever:

who wants concert footage clips. If they are anything like Led Zeppelin’s short clips -no thanks . The color dmd and clips now are already the best of any current Dmd . Not sure this or the art can be any better than it already is

100%. That has been done and is very lame! MET's dmd animations are not broken, and don't need to be fixed.

#21423 79 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm trying to think of one sequal that isn't better than the original? Help me out here. TMNT, Elvira, Black Knight, and simpsons? All better.
Ok maybe Algar wasn't as good as Gorgar but thats it.

Revenge from Mars lol

#21424 75 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

This is a well documented issue. You can search for keywords like Metallica and GI Flicker. The first thing to check is the 5v connector on the rgb gi board (under he playfield).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-winter-is-coming-flickering-gi-mode
The connector on my game was discoloring due to heat from poor connection so I replaced it. You can try reseating the connector first to see if that helps.
Sorry for the crap picture, it was all I could find.
Rob
[quoted image]

I finally took the time to look under the playfield and see if this connector was causing my flashing GI issue.

It looks pretty brown and I was able to pull it without pushing the little tab so it definitely seems like it was loose.

The question I have now is whether or not replacing the connector is necessary or do I just slap some hot glue on there and check it every once in a while to make sure it's not coming loose?

PXL_20231209_195936286 (resized).jpgPXL_20231209_195936286 (resized).jpg
#21425 75 days ago

WoW !! 13 METS for sale on marketplace !! 9 Pros and 4 Premiums !! What is wrong with you people !!! HA !! Get um' while they're Hot !!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21426 75 days ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

WoW !! 13 METS for sale on marketplace !! 9 Pros and 4 Premiums !! What is wrong with you people !!! HA !! Get um' while they're Hot !!

Maybe they are getting while the getting's good,before the new Metallica's are released? Hopefully the same thing happens when the MMr's finally get announced.

#21427 75 days ago

Doesn’t matter. You will be paying $7k for a new pro and gods knows how much for a new LE. Ride The Lightning anniversary LE right. Keep drinking the kool aid suckers. Ha ha.

#21428 75 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Doesn’t matter. You will be paying $7k for a new pro and gods knows how much for a new LE. Ride The Lightning anniversary LE right. Keep drinking the kool aid suckers. Ha ha.

Yep hard to beat the 4500 I paid for my 2015 led pro.nib .. added ton of mods including the amazing total light show and its a absolutely awesome pin.

#21429 75 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Somehow they believe it's gonna be better than the o g, that ain't gonna happen.

#21430 75 days ago

It will be a vault reskinned.imo
Why change what's already great ? Best way to save money is to not redesign it.

#21431 75 days ago

I would guess it is going to be a reskin as well with LCD and different animation. I'm good with my current pro. If it is a completely redesigned game, I might be interested in buying one, but I highly doubt it is going to be.

#21432 75 days ago

So we've never seen a SAM machine vaulted into the spike 2 system. Not saying it will never happen, there's some older machines that I hope they do, do that with. (Spiderman, iron man, tron, lord of the rings, maybe transformers?) I currently have a Metallica premium. I will be keeping this whether it's a reskin, or an entirely new machine. If it's a reskin I'll just keep mine. But if it's a completely new machine I would love to have both models right next to each other. Metallica is my current favorite machine, I just found out about the Christmas code and have been enjoying that this month.

#21433 75 days ago

I have a Metallica Roadcase, and this game is staying right where it’s at. That’s why I can’t concern myself about the possibility's of my game losing any value. Plus I’m hoping that the new Sparky is compatible with my game. I’d really like to pick up a spare just in case.

#21434 75 days ago

I’m more than happy with my led pro... But I am hoping the finally make a legit topper for it that we can use haha.

#21435 75 days ago
Quoted from Nicoli125:

So we've never seen a SAM machine vaulted into the spike 2 system. Not saying it will never happen, there's some older machines that I hope they do, do that with. (Spiderman, iron man, tron, lord of the rings, maybe transformers?) I currently have a Metallica premium. I will be keeping this whether it's a reskin, or an entirely new machine. If it's a reskin I'll just keep mine. But if it's a completely new machine I would love to have both models right next to each other. Metallica is my current favorite machine, I just found out about the Christmas code and have been enjoying that this month.

Yeah this is what makes me think it's going to be a whole new game. It's almost more work to copy an existing game onto a new platform than it is to make a new one from scratch. I'll be interested to see how they handle it.

#21436 74 days ago

What have been the normal timeframes between a new design for the same theme from the same manufacturer? I’m drawing a blank on when this has been done before, excluding home editions. Maybe Elvira and Scared Stiff which was 7 years apart?

#21437 74 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Yeah this is what makes me think it's going to be a whole new game. It's almost more work to copy an existing game onto a new platform than it is to make a new one from scratch. I'll be interested to see how they handle it.

This is my fear. METLE #199 will always be METLE, but a new pin will force another purchase!
Not worried about resale.

#21438 74 days ago
Quoted from Monk:

What have been the normal timeframes between a new design for the same theme from the same manufacturer? I’m drawing a blank on when this has been done before, excluding home editions. Maybe Elvira and Scared Stiff which was 7 years apart?

I don't think Gary's team is actually in charge anymore.

#21439 74 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Simple to convert this…the playfield and art are DONE. They can choose to add animations or keep it as is…easy to redo them versus make animations from scratch…the idea/layout is all there. They can also choose to update/throw in some additional content……in jukebox mode they could even add the damn videos/make videos for songs that don’t have videos. Plenty of things they could add that are EASY. Add just enough to entice people to buy the new one…it’s the easiest and lowest cost option as far as development.

The other option is to make it a completely new game which is what I suspect they will do. The reason I say this is Metallica would most likely want an entire new updated game…different/more songs, new features, and new art. Understand this isn’t a situation like MM where over time it became one of the most desirable games….Metallica was a hit day one and thousands have been sold so people can get one as they do come up for sale. It only makes sense to be an entirely new game. There may be similarities/carryover in art/aspects from the first version (Sparky, Snakes, etc.). The real question will be how well the features/rules work. It’s gonna be DAMN hard to be as good or better than what already exists and not COPY it.

#21440 74 days ago

What are these toppers worth nowadays? Curious what to sell it for if I decide to

IMG_4955 (resized).jpegIMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
#21441 74 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What are these toppers worth nowadays? Curious what to sell it for if I decide to
[quoted image]

They are apparently running them on Tilt topper again through the end of the year. Not sure how many are left or how long it will take to get…but brand new they’re something like $489 plus tax and shipping.

#21442 71 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

They are apparently running them on Tilt topper again through the end of the year. Not sure how many are left or how long it will take to get…but brand new they’re something like $489 plus tax and shipping.

Good to know. Thanks

#21443 71 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Good to know. Thanks

You selling yours?

#21444 71 days ago
Quoted from Nicoli125:

You selling yours?

It’s currently for sale yes

#21445 69 days ago

Hi,

One of my RGB arrow inserts has lost its RED colour.

I've tried reseating the Grinder Board connection under the playfield, and the CAT5 cable to that board (as I've had the GI flicker issue in the past), but no luck. All connections to the small insert LED PCB look good too. GREEN and BLUE work perfectly... Cables prodded and pushed to see if there's a break, but no dice...

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

#21446 68 days ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Hi,
One of my RGB arrow inserts has lost its RED colour.
I've tried reseating the Grinder Board connection under the playfield, and the CAT5 cable to that board (as I've had the GI flicker issue in the past), but no luck. All connections to the small insert LED PCB look good too. GREEN and BLUE work perfectly... Cables prodded and pushed to see if there's a break, but no dice...
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Does your rgb board look like this? https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=520-5333-00

Out of town so I can't check my game. Manual isn't the best of help.

#21447 68 days ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Does your rgb board look like this? https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=520-5333-00
Out of town so I can't check my game. Manual isn't the best of help.

Yes, it’s one of those

When I get some time; I’m going to swap the 2 connectors (of 3 inserts each) on the Grinder board and see if the fault moves to another RGB insert…

IMG_0685 (resized).jpegIMG_0685 (resized).jpegIMG_0686 (resized).jpegIMG_0686 (resized).jpeg
#21448 67 days ago

Swapped the plugs, problem remains with the same LED. Strangely it started working on red again, but then I quit test mode and it went into attract and the problem came back… so I’m assuming it’s the LED PCB or a wiring issue, but it could be something more weird. Will do some continuity tests after xmas and go from there.

#21449 67 days ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Swapped the plugs, problem remains with the same LED. Strangely it started working on red again, but then I quit test mode and it went into attract and the problem came back… so I’m assuming it’s the LED PCB or a wiring issue, but it could be something more weird. Will do some continuity tests after xmas and go from there.

I have had a couple of those boards go bad on my AC/DC. If it is hard for you to purchase them, let me know. Can probably send you one.

#21450 67 days ago

Question. I had the four horsemen mode going last night and it kept counting down for me to hit some shot, but I couldn’t tell what shot it was wanting. Any ideas how that mode works and objectives?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 429 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/429 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.