C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 428 of 434.
#21351 5 months ago

How many of you Met owners have your machine on tiles/not carpet? OK, put your hands down now. I can't see you.
I have my Prem on tiles. It used to move around a bit when I was nudging during play. Nice marks on the floor and the movement never helped my shots.
Now I have the foot coasters from Tilt Graphics. This issue became non existent instantly upon fitting. And, my Met just feels more solid with nudging now even just feeling better. It's really elevated the experience of playing my Prem. Same thing with my GZ Prem. Had a mate help me fit them, and we were both stunned by the positive feel difference.
So, if you've thought about the silicon coasters and not done it. DO IT NOW. You'll be very happy you did. As well as perplexed by why it took you so long. Just like me.

#21352 5 months ago

Hi
i recently bought a Metalica Road Case but unfortunately there is a small hith on the left backbox decal.
Does anybody have a spare to sell ?
Does anybody know if i still can buy one from a dealer or Stern ?
Any help appreciated.

REgards.

#21353 5 months ago
Quoted from mayo:

Hi
i recently bought a Metalica Road Case but unfortunately there is a small hith on the left backbox decal.
Does anybody have a spare to sell ?
Does anybody know if i still can buy one from a dealer or Stern ?
Any help appreciated.
REgards.

Got a pic? Probably best to just leave it.

#21354 5 months ago
Quoted from WestCoastAussie:

How many of you Met owners have your machine on tiles/not carpet? OK, put your hands down now. I can't see you.
I have my Prem on tiles. It used to move around a bit when I was nudging during play. Nice marks on the floor and the movement never helped my shots.
Now I have the foot coasters from Tilt Graphics. This issue became non existent instantly upon fitting. And, my Met just feels more solid with nudging now even just feeling better. It's really elevated the experience of playing my Prem. Same thing with my GZ Prem. Had a mate help me fit them, and we were both stunned by the positive feel difference.
So, if you've thought about the silicon coasters and not done it. DO IT NOW. You'll be very happy you did. As well as perplexed by why it took you so long. Just like me.

I also like to put thin foam to keep the back glass from rattling to make it even more solid when you’re nudging ..

#21355 5 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I also like to put thin foam to keep the back glass from rattling to make it even more solid when you’re nudging ..

*Translite

#21356 5 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Got a pic? Probably best to just leave it.

probably, but i know it is there ... and it bothers me.

#21357 5 months ago

There's no flipper strength adjustments on SAM systems correct! I've looked twice and want to confirm I'm not missing something. Installed the Precision flipper system and these balls are flying. Worried about Sparky's boots!

#21358 4 months ago
#21359 4 months ago

Bad Decision .....you'll be back....great price tho

#21360 4 months ago

Money is money. Pinball is fun. Bad decision. Unless you really need money.

#21361 4 months ago

Might not be such a bad idea if Stern does another run of Metallica's? Maybe he's getting why the getting's good.

#21362 4 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Money is money. Pinball is fun. Bad decision. Unless you really need money.

I’ve enjoyed it but ready to try something new. Out of space not money.

#21363 4 months ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I agree with this feeling sometimes.. I’m also out of space and struggle to consider moving MET for another machine.. ugh, hard to let this guy go.

Still have not done it. Kuddos for you to pull the trigger to sell.

#21364 4 months ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Ok Bro… what you getting?

#21365 4 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Ok Bro… what you getting?

Thinking a stranger things premium. Have a friend with one coming in that may pass it on to me.

Current lineup as shown. Met is one of my earlier purchased games at the moment. Been playing a lot of Woz and SC. IJ and CV are my newest additions.

IMG_6231 (resized).jpegIMG_6231 (resized).jpegIMG_6232 (resized).jpegIMG_6232 (resized).jpeg
#21366 4 months ago

Fold it up and put away in storage if you can afford it! Or not of course! Haha.. nice collection tho

#21367 4 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Fold it up and put away in storage if you can afford it! Or not of course! Haha.. nice collection tho

That’s what I did. Have like 15 games folded up around the house. Metallica LE isn’t going anywhere!

#21368 4 months ago

Damn, almost got to End of the Line last night but was several cross hits away. I need to unlock this song some day.

#21369 4 months ago

Hope with the rumored MET w/LCD they keep the DD art package. It’s going to be interesting how Stern approaches it.

#21370 4 months ago

I guess here is the deal….we all pretty much agree Metallica is a damn good game…certainly one of the best made in the last few years. IF a new version comes out how likely is it to be better??? Sequels rarely are but only time will tell and that’s if it even happens. And even if the new one is better not likely it will affect the value of this one much. it’s possible the new one won’t be as good and people will sell the new to get the old one back.

I would certainly get rid of CV before I got rid of Metallica…while CV is beautiful it’s just not that fun IMO.

#21371 4 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That’s what I did. Have like 15 games folded up around the house. Metallica LE isn’t going anywhere!

Ugh.. I should have done this. I sold my NBA Fastbreak and TFTC due to space issues. If I folded it up and tucked it away in the garage it would have been okay.

Dammit!

#21372 4 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Ugh.. I should have done this. I sold my NBA Fastbreak and TFTC due to space issues. If I folded it up and tucked it away in the garage it would have been okay.
Dammit!

There you go, and if things get ultra tight, the games can be folded and stacked on top of each other (JK!). I do worry about the floor collapsing in the master bedroom. There are 12 pins in there LOL. My dream is to someday have all of my pins lined up in one space, but that’s unlikely to ever happen. The things we do for pinball!

#21373 4 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I guess here is the deal….we all pretty much agree Metallica is a damn good game…certainly one of the best made in the last few years. IF a new version comes out how likely is it to be better??? Sequels rarely are but only time will tell and that’s if it even happens. And even if the new one is better not likely it will affect the value of this one much. it’s possible the new one won’t be as good and people will sell the new to get the old one back.
I would certainly get rid of CV before I got rid of Metallica…while CV is beautiful it’s just not that fun IMO.

Agree but finding the newer hobbyists primarily love LCD games with insider connect. I’ve run across a few that have mentioned they wouldn’t own most DMD games or older. Wild.

#21374 4 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Agree but finding the newer hobbyists primarily love LCD games with insider connect. I’ve run across a few that have mentioned they wouldn’t own most DMD games or older. Wild.

Well there is a difference….you have some that have to have the newest/latest period and those that value the game play. You don’t play the LCD or the DMD…you play the game. Insider connect is a Fucking JOKE….i could care less about any of that. Fact is I DONT want any of my stuff connected. Doesn’t need to be. I like things simple and that’s just one more complication I don’t need.

Fact is it’s coming off my Elvira BRK and I will swap an apron and have proper decals made so it looks right. That’s my plan anyway or move it to the coin door. Don’t need automatic updates, advertising or other crap pushed to my machine. I decide how much fun I have, not insider connect. Enough on that.

Maybe newer people think an older DMD game means they will have to constantly make repairs or what not…SAM era games are tanks…few big issues over time if any. So that should not be a concern. Most DMD era games are very repairable so it’s really a non issue. I find most animations on the LCD era games underwhelming and usually as a player you don’t have much time to watch them anyway. Great if you are watching someone else play though.

#21375 4 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:I would certainly get rid of CV before I got rid of Metallica…while CV is beautiful it’s just not that fun IMO.

I agree with this. I also own a CV, and while very unique, it is a fairly simple game. I would've sold mine long ago but the wife won't let me part with it. It's her 2nd favorite game we have.

#21376 4 months ago

I see no problem owning both Metallica's. I'll have to sell something tho

#21377 4 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I agree with this. I also own a CV, and while very unique, it is a fairly simple game. I would've sold mine long ago but the wife won't let me part with it. It's her 2nd favorite game we have.

Yep….if the wife says a game stays that’s the end of that discussion…doesn’t happen for me very often. She would personally see them all go LOL! But I guarantee if started selling them she would say..”wait, you can’t sell Metallica, or Kiss LE, etc.”

#21378 4 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

It will be a money grab, different and not as good. Dont see them simply updating the dots to new animations for an LCD, so it will be a different game and not as good. Think Unforgiven vs. Unforgiven 2.

#21379 4 months ago

#21380 4 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

IF a new version comes out how likely is it to be better??? Sequels rarely are but only time will tell and that’s if it even happens. And even if the new one is better not likely it will affect the value of this one much. it’s possible the new one won’t be as good and people will sell the new to get the old one back.

I'm trying to think of one sequal that isn't better than the original? Help me out here. TMNT, Elvira, Black Knight, and simpsons? All better.
Ok maybe Algar wasn't as good as Gorgar but thats it.

#21381 4 months ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Thinking a stranger things premium. Have a friend with one coming in that may pass it on to me.
Current lineup as shown. Met is one of my earlier purchased games at the moment. Been playing a lot of Woz and SC. IJ and CV are my newest additions.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That IJ is so Sweet. Nice.

#21382 4 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm trying to think of one sequal that isn't better than the original?

>>>

Quoted from Gorgar666:

That IJ is so Sweet.

#21383 4 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It will be a money grab, different and not as good. Dont see them simply updating the dots to new animations for an LCD, so it will be a different game and not as good. Think Unforgiven vs. Unforgiven 2.

I haven't played either!

#21384 4 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm trying to think of one sequal that isn't better than the original? Help me out here. TMNT, Elvira, Black Knight, and simpsons? All better.
Ok maybe Algar wasn't as good as Gorgar but thats it.

Small list….Elvira (Sex sells), The first Simpson’s and TMNT was definitely lacking but felt perfect for a Chuck E Cheese, BK2000 is beautiful for sure. BKSoR is OK. Small list but very few pins get a second pin made. Add in the Sega JP which is not as good compared to the DE JP so there is another.

I guess the point is the current Metallica pin already has real music, great animations, fantastic gameplay so it’s gonna be VERY hard to top it. It’s all speculation but it’s gonna be very tough to be better than what we have. Will be interesting to see what they do if it happens.

#21385 4 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I agree with this feeling sometimes.. I’m also out of space and struggle to consider moving MET for another machine.. ugh, hard to let this guy go.
Still have not done it. Kuddos for you to pull the trigger to sell.

I keep struggling with it too. I list it to get something new, but end up pulling the ad every time. The game is a guest favorite and a pure adrenaline rush.

#21386 4 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Well there is a difference….you have some that have to have the newest/latest period and those that value the game play. You don’t play the LCD or the DMD…you play the game.

Agree but newest latest diaper wipers seem to be outnumbering the players. MET is the complete package.

#21388 4 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I was having the same problem a month ago. I reseated all of my optos,and the problem still persisted. I was getting ready to order new optos,but I tried reseating all of the optos again,and I also reseated the magnet board connection. Now my game is back to normal,and I guess reseating the magnet board was just a coincidence. Maybe the first time I reseated the optos,I didn't do such a good job? But the game has played flawlessly for a month now.

Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Hi, wondering if anyone has some insight for the coffin post coil firing randomly after powering the machine on? It’s a Met premium obviously and it’s the coil at the bottom of the coffin that shoots the white plastic post upward. It will just randomly Fire a number of times after I power the game on. Never used to do that previously. Thx!

Hi, so after trying everything mentioned here(reseating optos multiple times etc) nothing will stop the optos from randomly firing. In fact it’s all 3 coffin optos are firing randomly(switches 57,58&59).it’s not just one of them. They will fire immediately upon power up for about a minute and then stop for a few minutes. Then it starts again randomly. Any other ideas? Thx in advance!

#21389 4 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Hi, so after trying everything mentioned here(reseating optos multiple times etc) nothing will stop the optos from randomly firing. In fact it’s all 3 coffin optos are firing randomly(switches 57,58&59).it’s not just one of them. They will fire immediately upon power up for about a minute and then stop for a few minutes. Then it starts again randomly. Any other ideas? Thx in advance!

Are you saying that you power on the game, go into switch test mode, and you are seeing all three optos for the coffin lock turning on and off?

#21390 4 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Are you saying that you power on the game, go into switch test mode, and you are seeing all three optos for the coffin lock turning on and off?

It happens right away upon powering the game on. It still happens if I go in to switch test mode. In other words it happens all the time.

#21391 4 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

It happens right away upon powering the game on. It still happens if I go in to switch test mode. In other words it happens all the time.

Do you see any other switches activating along with those three?

#21392 4 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Do you see any other switches activating along with those three?

no, just those 3 opto’s

#21393 4 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

no, just those 3 opto’s

Do you have Powerbladez installed ? On some machines the Bladez interfere with the optos and set off Sparky and drop targets randomly. I had to take them off my machine as others have, with no known cure. Usually on the later run machines

#21394 4 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

no, just those 3 opto’s

I would try the following. Reseat(unplug and plug back in) J1 and J12 on the CPU/Sound Board. Also reseat both connectors on the 6 transistor Driver Board. You could also reseat both ends of the ribbon cable that connects the CPU to the Power Driver Board. Of course, do all this with the power turned off.

#21395 4 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Rumors I have heard is will be same game with large display & different art. IMHO it will most likely have the metallic hyper embossed art work, mirrored back glass, powder laser cut armor and other special features that Elvira BRK had. They will call it some type of special edition like Ride the lightning or #### anniversary edition and charge $12,999 for it. Many have said it will be too difficult to port over to spike, but if Stern wants to do it, they will make it happen.

#21396 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Rumors I have heard is will be same game with large display & different art. IMHO it will most likely have the metallic hyper embossed art work, mirrored back glass, powder laser cut armor and other special features that Elvira BRK had. They will call it some type of special edition like Ride the lightning or #### anniversary edition and charge $12,999 for it. Many have said it will be too difficult to port over to spike, but if Stern wants to do it, they will make it happen.

Stern already ported the SAM menu system over to Spike. I don't see why the same couldn't be done for the game code.

#21397 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Then my $$$ is safe.

#21398 4 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Then my $$$ is safe.

I hear that, If you already own an original few reasons to buy the new version if it actually happens.

#21399 4 months ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Do you have Powerblades installed ? On some machines the Blades interfere with the optos and set off Sparky and drop targets randomly. I had to take them off my machine as others have, with no known cure. Usually on the later run machines

pardon my ignorance but what are powerblades? Thx!

#21400 4 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

pardon my ignorance but what are powerblades? Thx!

If you scroll through the pictures on Joe’s website, one of them is a Video you can watch them an action. They’re pretty awesome!
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/medieval-madness-powerbladez

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 428 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/428 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.