C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 434.
#20901 11 months ago

Anyone have an idea where i can get the full plastic set in that fluorescent green. The ones i see available now are only around the slings

#20902 11 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Anyone have an idea where i can get the full plastic set in that fluorescent green. The ones i see available now are only around the slings

Silverball designs sells the set
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1259-silverball-designs/07225-8-piece-protective-acrylic-set-florescent-metallica

#20904 11 months ago

looking for the Metallica side rails any one have them in the US?

#20905 11 months ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Hooked on pinball has a few kits left
[quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered one. They only have two left.

#20906 11 months ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered one. They only have two left.

No problem, glad you got a set , you'll love them, adds so much to the Pro !

#20907 11 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Is MET Slated For a Vault Edition Soon?
Zach Meny reported on his TPN podcast that Stern is planning a VE of a SAM title, and it is NOT going to be TRON.
So, what SAM will it be?
They last ran MET in 2018.
They last ran AC/DC in 2019.
They Vaulted Spider-Man in 2017.
What other SAM could they possibly Vault?

It isn't Star Trek either unless they disregard the Final Voyage branding on the last run.

Could be Iron Man, although it doesn't seem like people are exactly desperate for it these days and they're in ample supply.

AC/DC and Metallica are evergreen, although people would go bonkers for a TRON re-release.

#20908 11 months ago

"Bouncing off the back post" - I've seen discussion about it and have this observation. This is a 2017 MTL pro led, I've installed the "newer/better" post but it didn't change anything. The problem is the ball bounces off it hard enough (both directions) and comes back down the orbit.

Seems like the only time it works as intended (hit the post, stop then drop the post and roll into the bumper lanes) is if I barely send it up there.

Is this typical, or is this not "normal"?

#20909 11 months ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

"Bouncing off the back post" - I've seen discussion about it and have this observation. This is a 2017 MTL pro led, I've installed the "newer/better" post but it didn't change anything. The problem is the ball bounces off it hard enough (both directions) and comes back down the orbit.
Seems like the only time it works as intended (hit the post, stop then drop the post and roll into the bumper lanes) is if I barely send it up there.

Mine stays up there the bulk of the time, even if it's a hard shot. I would check that the machine is level first and not set too steep.

#20910 11 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Mine stays up there the bulk of the time, even if it's a hard shot. I would check that the machine is level first and not set too steep.

Good idea, it's sloped at 6.2-6.3, bubble in the middle of the lines.

20230512_175743 (resized).jpg20230512_175743 (resized).jpg
#20911 11 months ago

Working on a proper mount plate for my Sparky topper. I’ll post more updates as I go.

IMG_4264 (resized).jpegIMG_4264 (resized).jpegIMG_4265 (resized).jpegIMG_4265 (resized).jpegIMG_4266 (resized).jpegIMG_4266 (resized).jpeg
#20912 11 months ago

And done…

IMG_4271 (resized).jpegIMG_4271 (resized).jpegIMG_4272 (resized).jpegIMG_4272 (resized).jpegIMG_4273 (resized).jpegIMG_4273 (resized).jpeg
#20913 11 months ago

Is it possible to get the Metallica side armor and hinges in the US? Pinball Center says they don't ship to America.

#20914 11 months ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

I've done all of this as well and the ball still comes back down often. I just live with it now.

#20915 11 months ago

How is it no one has made a full coin door magnet Art for this game? Been waiting for one to pop up either at wizardmods or Inscribed Solutions, but no dice. I would think they would sell tons of these if done well…

#20916 11 months ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Thanks man! - I have a Rev D magnet controller board arriving any day now; let's see if that improves the magnet (last couple of games I've had, it hasn't really bothered by and have always managed to lock 3 balls during a game. Also, I realised that even if you don't lock a ball, Coffin hits still count towards further locks, so at time you end up locking balls in quick succession (i.e - it's not like when you finally lock a ball that it's only then that Coffin hits are counting towards the next)
As a side note to this, I notice that when the magnet catches a ball, the Hammer comes down, lifts up again (to reveal the hole where the magnet's gone down - kind of spoils the illusion), before coming down again briefly.
My understanding is that the Hammer should just come down once, hold for a couple of seconds (whilst the magnet comes back up), then come back up. Not a huge deal, but I'm hoping the new magnet controller board rectifies this minor issue too. Like I say, not a huge issue, but I don't think you should be seeing the PF hole at all; the hammer should cover up the magic as it were.
I already have a Sparky airball protector; just waiting to give the PF a clean/wax before fitting it. I also have a replacement magnet core to put in too, as the mushrooming bothers me and worry that it'll damage the PF if it get's much worse.

Quick update: Installed the Rev D magnet board (re: Hammer/coffin) - not entirely sure it makes much difference (direct coffin hits maybe result in more consistent magnet grabs, but no change in hammer behavior.
Have noticed that whenever "lock is lit" I heard a bit of a buzzing sound (maybe it was there before and I didn't hear it), which I'm guessing is the magnet activating and staying on (buzzing goes away after a successful magnet grab and Hammer hit)

Installed a metal orbit post (or should I say metal without plastic at the top) and this has sorted by obit rejects out.

Bought a replacement Sparky magnet core, however didn't realise how massive the bolt is which you need to turn to release the old one - have to put that on the backburner while I consider buying a new socket set which is large enough (1 and 1/8th I believe is the size)

Haven't removed the snake mech yet to make adjustments, however for now I put a bit of tape inside the snake's mouth, which alters the ball's trajectory enough so it hits the left flipper.

#20917 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

How is it no one has made a full coin door magnet Art for this game? Been waiting for one to pop up either at wizardmods or Inscribed Solutions, but no dice. I would think they would sell tons of these if done well…

I've asked wiz mods 2 times, they say in development. That was a year ago

#20918 11 months ago

Quick update: Installed the Rev D magnet board (re: Hammer/coffin) - not entirely sure it makes much difference (direct coffin hits maybe result in more consistent magnet grabs, but no change in hammer behavior.
Have noticed that whenever "lock is lit" I heard a bit of a buzzing sound (maybe it was there before and I didn't hear it), which I'm guessing is the magnet activating and staying on (buzzing goes away after a successful magnet grab and Hammer hit)
Installed a metal orbit post (or should I say metal without plastic at the top) and this has sorted by obit rejects out.
Bought a replacement Sparky magnet core, however didn't realise how massive the bolt is which you need to turn to release the old one - have to put that on the backburner while I consider buying a new socket set which is large enough (1 and 1/8th I believe is the size)
Haven't removed the snake mech yet to make adjustments, however for now I put a bit of tape inside the snake's mouth, which alters the ball's trajectory enough so it hits the left flipper.

My magnets buzz when active too so I think that's normal.

#20919 11 months ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

And done…
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a great job….

Quoted from Anony:

My magnets buzz when active too so I think that's normal.

Yes that's how it should be. I hope you are also running the newest game-code.

#20920 11 months ago

Can't believe this is my first post in this club thread (I bought my MET Pro NIB 10 years ago

Recently upgraded to Purple Precision Flippers w/ Yellow Titans - love the way they look & play.

What a great game. So glad my attempts to sell it have failed...still holds up well against today's games. One of the greatest rulesets of all-time.

IMG_3150 (resized).jpegIMG_3150 (resized).jpeg

#20921 11 months ago

You can use a pair of channel lock pliers to turn the giant nut. The trick is that you need a giant screwdriver to hold the core from turning when loosening the nut. (if the mushroomed core is allowed to turn it may gouge the top side of the playfield)

#20922 11 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Can't believe this is my first post in this club thread (I bought my MET Pro NIB 10 years ago
Recently upgraded to Purple Precision Flippers w/ Yellow Titans - love the way they look & play.
What a great game. So glad my attempts to sell it have failed...still holds up well against today's games. One of the greatest rulesets of all-time.
[quoted image]

Noobs.. Amirite!

#20923 11 months ago

I joined the club last year, doubt Ill ever sell it. Have a new beautifully cleared playfield waiting for a swap, though this one isnt bad even in the higher wear areas.

Joined the precision flippers club yesterday, also cleaned and waxed the pf, so my scores actually went down
IMG_20230517_071525828 (resized).jpgIMG_20230517_071525828 (resized).jpg

#20924 11 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Acronymicon:

I joined the club last year, doubt Ill ever sell it. Have a new beautifully cleared playfield waiting for a swap, though this one isnt bad even in the higher wear areas.
Joined the precision flippers club yesterday, also cleaned and waxed the pf, so my scores actually went down
[quoted image]

How do you guys like those flippers?

I've thought about putting them on mine but my Metallica plays so fast I don't need to speed it up any more.

#20925 11 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

You can use a pair of channel lock pliers to turn the giant nut. The trick is that you need a giant screwdriver to hold the core from turning when loosening the nut. (if the mushroomed core is allowed to turn it may gouge the top side of the playfield)

Yeah that's a good point re; not wanting the mushroomed core to turn - will get the tools I need and give it a go. It's not affecting gameplay at the mo' (have the elongated sparky protector fitted, so air balls not an issue), but want to take care of the machine as best I can, so it's bothering me a bit...

#20926 11 months ago
Quoted from Bohm:

I've thought about putting them on mine but my Metallica plays so fast I don't need to speed it up any more.

My Met didn't play that fast, so these helped a bit (since they are extremely light). On my MET, the change isn't dramatic but still noticeable. Definitely seems to improve the strength and accuracy. Aesthetically, I like the way they look.

On my Rick and Morty, the difference was more dramatic.

#20927 11 months ago
Quoted from Bohm:

I wish they would become standard, though I doubt they ever will because the plastic bats are so cheap.

I dont notice more speed than the last time I cleaned and waxed, and it might be placebo, but they do feel more accurate.

The look and the ease with which they can be swapped in and out once you get the bushing on there are the best parts IMO.

#20928 11 months ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I wish they would become standard, though I doubt they ever will because the plastic bats are so cheap.
I dont notice more speed than the last time I cleaned and waxed, and it might be placebo, but they do feel more accurate.
The look and the ease with which they can be swapped in and out once you get the bushing on there are the best parts IMO.

I put them on my BSD and they made a world of difference, I wish I could turn down the flipper strength a little, but over all a big improvement. I put another set on my T2 but took them off because I sold it so I have a set laying around.

#20929 11 months ago
Quoted from Bohm:

I put them on my BSD and they made a world of difference, I wish I could turn down the flipper strength a little, but over all a big improvement. I put another set on my T2 but took them off because I sold it so I have a set laying around.

ill have a get a set for my williams games, the hole in one shot on gofers might get a little easier.

#20930 11 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Can anyone recommend a suitable flathead screw driver for this?; have been searching on Amazon and can only see regular/small sized tipped screwdrivers?

#20931 11 months ago

suitable flathead screw driver

your local hardware store should have something like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-3-8-in-x-12-in-Square-Shaft-Standard-Slotted-Screwdriver-H38X12FHSD/302348391

It's handy to have in the tool box for big jobs and prying things open or apart. Go for the longer handle if not too much more expensive. It gives more leverage for prying and turning. You can see the one above has a 9.5mm wide blade.

#20932 11 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

your local hardware store should have something like this:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-3-8-in-x-12-in-Square-Shaft-Standard-Slotted-Screwdriver-H38X12FHSD/302348391
It's handy to have in the tool box for big jobs and prying things open or apart. Go for the longer handle if not too much more expensive. It gives more leverage for prying and turning. You can see the one above has a 9.5mm wide blade.

Strange; link is blocked in the U.K, but 3/8 is around 10mm/1CM and so I've seen a load of those available over her; I just thought I'd need a bigger tip like 1 Inch/2.5cm or something.

#20934 11 months ago

Yeah that's a good point re; not wanting the mushroomed core to turn - will get the tools I need and give it a go. It's not affecting gameplay at the mo' (have the elongated sparky protector fitted, so air balls not an issue), but want to take care of the machine as best I can, so it's bothering me a bit...

I did it last week, a normal 12” shifter and a large screwdriver did the trick. It wasn’t overly tight. Then I popped in the lathe and turned off the burr and machined a new chamfer. You could just use a bench grinder if you don’t have access to a lathe. Than install flush with PF, tighten and done

#20935 11 months ago

I love the precision flippers on my Iron Maiden, my scores went up immediately but it introduced a bit of inlane hop so I've been hesitant to put them on my Metallica. They do look great though.

#20936 11 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

I love the precision flippers on my Iron Maiden, my scores went up immediately but it introduced a bit of inlane hop so I've been hesitant to put them on my Metallica. They do look great though.

Did you try adjusting the inlane guide slightly to fix the hop?

#20937 11 months ago

Is anyone willing to sell, or know where I can get the 3D snake mod for the right ramp?

#20938 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Did you try adjusting the inlane guide slightly to fix the hop?

I have but there's not much room for adjustment. I just loosen the screws and push up on the guide as I re-tighten. It helps a tiny bit but goes back to ow it was pretty quickly.

If there's any other way to adjust it I'd love to hear about it because it's quite annoying. I've designed a little wedge that I can 3d print and attach to the inlane guide to bring the ball up a few millimeters but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

#20939 11 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Is anyone willing to sell, or know where I can get the 3D snake mod for the right ramp?

I think it's discontinued. I bought one and it took them quite a while to ship and right after that it was removed from the store. I think the decal is your only option now unless you find someone willing to part with theirs.

#20940 11 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

You mean the sticker kit?

Tilt graphics has them, I just bought one

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/metallica-snake-mod

#20941 11 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

I have but there's not much room for adjustment. I just loosen the screws and push up on the guide as I re-tighten. It helps a tiny bit but goes back to ow it was pretty quickly.
If there's any other way to adjust it I'd love to hear about it because it's quite annoying. I've designed a little wedge that I can 3d print and attach to the inlane guide to bring the ball up a few millimeters but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Have you tried the "low bounce" flipper rubbers from Titan? They are thinner and may eliminate the flipper hop for you.

#20942 11 months ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Have you tried the "low bounce" flipper rubbers from Titan? They are thinner and may eliminate the flipper hop for you.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think someone else mentioned this as well but there isn't a source to get Titans in Canada so I've been holding off since the shipping adds up. I did get some new rubbers though to see if it helps, I just haven't gotten around to trying them out and your post just reminded me I got them.

#20943 11 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:Is anyone willing to sell, or know where I can get the 3D snake mod for the right ramp?

Reach out to Joe at Pingraffix, he may be willing to do another run or may have one around he could part with.

#20944 11 months ago

Loaded Metallica Pro for sale

#20945 11 months ago

Got my topper plate finished and bolted on. I might change a few things later but for now I’m happy with it.

IMG_4328 (resized).jpegIMG_4328 (resized).jpeg
#20946 11 months ago

Got my topper plate finished and bolted on. I might change a few things later but for now I’m happy with it.
[quoted image]

Well done! I need to do something similar. It’s a peace of mind thing…the Velcro just makes me nervous!

#20947 11 months ago

[quoted image]

I have one on order. Wanna make more plates?

#20948 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

I have one on order. Wanna make more plates?

With enough interest i will

#20949 11 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think it’s time to rename the club; “Metallica Owner’s Thread” is lame (I guess I wasn’t feeling creative that day). Any suggestions?
Still have my wooden-headed MET, still love it.

BTW, they were all great suggestions.. but i think you picked the best possible choice. I now read the full name of the thread ever time! It's a perfect theme for this pin. It's an awesome call-out in the game annnd it's also a great album. \m/

#20950 11 months ago

Selling my Metallica tilt topper. Lightly used. You will just need new double sided strong Velcro to attach.

$195 plus $20 shipping. Don’t wait 1-6 months on a new one! Pm me.

IMG_6673 (resized).jpegIMG_6673 (resized).jpegIMG_6674 (resized).jpegIMG_6674 (resized).jpegIMG_6678 (resized).jpegIMG_6678 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.